Author Topic: Spitfire formula four  (Read 217151 times)

144p

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 387
Re: Spitfire formula four
« Reply #1440 on: September 07, 2016, 02:16:32 PM »
For anyone who was wanting to try a set of the classic slim reynolds f4, my shop has them on sale $24.99, we offer pretty inexpensive shipping on small items or free over $75.00.
http://www.35thave.com/shop/Skate/Wheels/Spitfire/p/Spitfire-Andrew-Reynolds-Sweeper-Formula-Four-Classic-Slim-99a-x16024421.htm

fulfillthedream

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -37
« Reply #1441 on: October 19, 2016, 10:13:19 PM »
Skateboarding is like jacking-off, it's that good- Jeremy Klein

[

Level 60 Dwarf Paladin

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -85
« Reply #1442 on: October 19, 2016, 10:23:56 PM »
no more classic slims  :o 8)

http://spitfirewheels.com/formulafour/
Nobody rode those things anyway. Classics are already a pretty slim wheel, just seemed redundant.
you never know about pre-cum 

mynameisnotjeff

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 47
« Reply #1443 on: October 19, 2016, 10:27:51 PM »

Nobody rode those things anyway. Classics are already a pretty slim wheel, just seemed redundant.
I agree, I have seen more 99a Classics and Conicals but, yet to see the slims in action
Nothing I do deserves more than an iphone camera.

fulfillthedream

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -37
« Reply #1444 on: October 20, 2016, 01:25:21 AM »

yeah probably the case. i didnt think id feel a difference but the local has like two more sets which ill proably stock up on and be a bit better than to switch it out so quick. (4 months is usually my switch out time)
Skateboarding is like jacking-off, it's that good- Jeremy Klein

[

Firebert

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -39
    • WEEKEND skateboards
« Reply #1445 on: October 20, 2016, 09:03:17 AM »
I got the slims, I like em a lot for street, but find I ride over the coping too much on tranny
I've hated immigrants ever since I got here.

micky682

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -29
« Reply #1446 on: October 20, 2016, 11:51:45 AM »
Probably already talked about in the thread, but was it the difference between the radials/radials slims and classics or conicals?
Keenan had that special ability to make his switch tricks better than his regular tricks but still let you know they were switch.

Xen

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 7
« Reply #1447 on: October 20, 2016, 04:02:59 PM »
no more classic slims� :o 8)

I agree, I have seen more 99a Classics and Conicals but, yet to see the slims in action

I've a set of both the slims are pretty damn slim in comparison; too soft for me at 99a.

GinosGroceries

• Rep: 120
« Reply #1448 on: October 20, 2016, 09:01:23 PM »
Bring back the tablet shape!!!!
"I'm not used to skateboarding, but I wish I can do it. I swear I want to be able to do it."

GOATMOON

• Rep: -1
« Reply #1449 on: October 20, 2016, 09:20:22 PM »

I had a weird experience with those wheels. For some reason they felt softer than the regular 99a f4's and didn't screech at all when powersliding or reverting which I fucking hated. It sounded like a muffled, wet fart or some shit. Plus I was skating some wide ass conicals before them and they felt like stilts in comparison. I switched to 99a radial slims and like those a lot better.

sharkin

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 61
« Reply #1450 on: October 21, 2016, 11:26:29 AM »
my 99 classic slims definitely feel softer than my 99 radial slims

contact patch is several mm smaller but slides less it seems

overall my favorite wheel is the 101 conical full - the controlled slide is incredible

« Last Edit: October 21, 2016, 11:29:02 AM by sharkin »

Jake From State Farm

« Reply #1451 on: October 21, 2016, 12:10:36 PM »

clamy

• Rep: 81
« Reply #1452 on: November 13, 2016, 10:39:40 PM »

yeah probably the case. i didnt think id feel a difference but the local has like two more sets which ill proably stock up on and be a bit better than to switch it out so quick. (4 months is usually my switch out time)

my 99 classic slims definitely feel softer than my 99 radial slims

contact patch is several mm smaller but slides less it seems

overall my favorite wheel is the 101 conical full - the controlled slide is incredible

I just put a set of classic slims on after skating 99 radial slims for most of the year. They do feel little softer and less stable compared to the radial slims. I still have another set of classic slims to burn through. I'm not too bummed if they have discontinued them. I was after a really skinny wheel, but after being on radial slims I think I've found my wheel.

Has anyone had radial slims in both 99 and 101? If so, which did you prefer? I've only skated 99s in classic slim, classic, and radial slim. They've all been awesome.

tangar

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 62
  • THINK LESS
« Reply #1453 on: November 14, 2016, 11:09:45 PM »
I'm gonna be trading for some classic slims soon and your comments are giving me mixed feelings. I don't want them to feel too soft but I also was worried about slipping out. When you guys say soft, do they feel grippier or just slower? I'm trying to skate more street and less parks so that's why I wanted to give them a shot.
Man the long board truck thing killed indy for me. I was willing to set aside the racism, but long boarding, gtfo... - DH

Xen

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1454 on: November 22, 2016, 07:04:17 PM »
I'm gonna be trading for some classic slims soon and your comments are giving me mixed feelings. I don't want them to feel too soft but I also was worried about slipping out. When you guys say soft, do they feel grippier or just slower? I'm trying to skate more street and less parks so that's why I wanted to give them a shot.

I didn't notice a difference between 99a classics and classic slims other than gripping slightly less on slides. They'll be fine for 'real' street, especially if you have shit roads.

99a spits just feel super slow to me in parks, even the 101s due (compared to SPF/OJs/Ricta, but these rattle your brain on street).

calvinsdream

• Rep: 13
  • Dusted and disgusted
« Reply #1455 on: November 30, 2016, 08:03:14 AM »
After a long time of looking, I finally found the F4 101 58mm. It's the classic shape. Excited to see how these work out.

Rick Sanchez

« Reply #1456 on: November 30, 2016, 08:35:07 AM »
Anyone else cop the glow in the dark f4s or am I the only gimp who thought they were kinda cool

Xen

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1457 on: November 30, 2016, 09:59:05 AM »
Anyone else cop the glow in the dark f4s or am I the only gimp who thought they were kinda cool

I've never seen a set of glow wheels actually glow...

mynameisnotjeff

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 47
« Reply #1458 on: November 30, 2016, 10:10:10 AM »

I am considering them but, I want to try out the conical shape and wheels get dirty too fast

Will probably cop the shirt
Nothing I do deserves more than an iphone camera.

Paco Supreme

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 168
  • One Trick Pony
« Reply #1459 on: November 30, 2016, 01:44:53 PM »
Hey lenny, very small percentage kinda question but any plans for a conical full colour in a 53mm?  ;)

Took over a year but this finally happened  ;D

PTO

• Rep: -2
« Reply #1460 on: November 30, 2016, 03:41:26 PM »

I've never seen a set of glow wheels actually glow...

i have a set waiting to be set up with a new board. they've just been sitting in my room but when i turn off the lights at night, they really do glow.

clamy

• Rep: 81
« Reply #1461 on: December 01, 2016, 04:15:23 AM »

I feel like they're a little slower. They also feel a little less stable. I prefer radial slims.

tangar

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 62
  • THINK LESS
« Reply #1462 on: December 01, 2016, 04:08:56 PM »
I skated the classic slims for the first time yesterday, just on the way to work. They felt good, a little weird on a couple powerslides but that just could have been the blacktop. I did like the feeling that the skinny wheels give you, almost like being higher up. I might take them to the skatepark this weekend and see how they feel in bowls and on coping. I was debating going back to 101s but seeing that most of the pro wheels that come out are 99 I opted to stick with the slims and conical 99s on my two setups.
Man the long board truck thing killed indy for me. I was willing to set aside the racism, but long boarding, gtfo... - DH

Thomas

• Rep: -1
  • no pop no style
« Reply #1463 on: December 02, 2016, 01:34:01 AM »
Ordered some 101 radial slim yesterday, can't wait to try them !
I'm on 101 classic now, and already tried 101 radial last year, but the ATV look was a bit too much for me.
Possibilities are everywhere, search and enjoy.

144p

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1464 on: December 02, 2016, 07:36:10 AM »
Don't know when these f4 conical full swirls will be available, but very stoked!

Hannity

« Reply #1465 on: December 02, 2016, 08:17:11 AM »
Conical full 4 lyfe dawg

only way to go

Paco Supreme

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 168
  • One Trick Pony
« Reply #1466 on: December 02, 2016, 02:45:48 PM »
Man those look awesome, seen a few sets of those and a yellow/red swirl classic looking shape
What size you wielding 144p?

144p

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1467 on: December 02, 2016, 05:44:30 PM »
53, I have no idea if they are 99 or 101.
Feel kind of hard though.

Jud Nestorkins

• Rep: -39
« Reply #1468 on: December 03, 2016, 11:10:02 AM »
Not only do I ride from spot to spot but I also ride my skateboard to and from the train to get to and from work. Because of this, even though I like I like super hard wheels, I got the 99s in the classic shape and 52mm.

Holy shit! First of all, these things felt hard enough for my liking, but not "rattle your teeth" hard.  So far I was glad that I got the 99's.

There is a slight angle on one of the streets going to work, resulting in a very tiny hill. I was cruising down that hill and decided to test these wheels out  and went for a power slide. I wasn't sure how easy they would slide so I put  A decent amount of pressure and they slid instantly like butter. Not wanting to slip out, I eased up and straightened my leg out and the wheels instantly stopped sliding and went back to normal.

These wheels exceed the hype of sliding when you want them to and gripping when you want them to.

No I can't say about the longgevity of the wheels, I've only had them for a few days, and I can't comment on the 101s but the 99's, so far, are the best wheel I've ever skated.

Edit: here's a picture of them fresh. Bonus: fresh deck as well.

« Last Edit: December 03, 2016, 01:37:59 PM by Jud Nestorkins »

Cherb

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -15
« Reply #1469 on: December 03, 2016, 12:21:10 PM »
Not only do I ride from spot to spot but I also ride my skateboard to and from the train to get to and from work. Because of this, even though I like I like super hard wheels, I got the 99s in the classic shape and 52mm.

Holy shit! First of all, these things felt hard enough for my liking, but not "rattle your teeth" hard.  So far I was glad that I got the 99's.
I like the 101's better than the 99's even for transportation. I may just be weird though.