Author Topic: Spitfire formula four  (Read 689344 times)

Xen

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 938
  • U neg cuz UR insecure-glad I got under your skin
Re: Spitfire formula four
« Reply #1440 on: November 30, 2016, 09:59:05 AM »
Anyone else cop the glow in the dark f4s or am I the only gimp who thought they were kinda cool

I've never seen a set of glow wheels actually glow...

mynameisnotjeff

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 581
« Reply #1441 on: November 30, 2016, 10:10:10 AM »
Anyone else cop the glow in the dark f4s or am I the only gimp who thought they were kinda cool

I am considering them but, I want to try out the conical shape and wheels get dirty too fast

Will probably cop the shirt
Nothing I do deserves more than an iphone camera.

Paco Supreme

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 525
  • One Trick Pony
« Reply #1442 on: November 30, 2016, 01:44:53 PM »
Hey lenny, very small percentage kinda question but any plans for a conical full colour in a 53mm?  ;)

Took over a year but this finally happened  ;D

sn00p

• Rep: 25
« Reply #1443 on: November 30, 2016, 03:41:26 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

I've never seen a set of glow wheels actually glow...

i have a set waiting to be set up with a new board. they've just been sitting in my room but when i turn off the lights at night, they really do glow.

tangar

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 64
  • THINK LESS
« Reply #1444 on: December 01, 2016, 04:08:56 PM »
I skated the classic slims for the first time yesterday, just on the way to work. They felt good, a little weird on a couple powerslides but that just could have been the blacktop. I did like the feeling that the skinny wheels give you, almost like being higher up. I might take them to the skatepark this weekend and see how they feel in bowls and on coping. I was debating going back to 101s but seeing that most of the pro wheels that come out are 99 I opted to stick with the slims and conical 99s on my two setups.
Man the long board truck thing killed indy for me. I was willing to set aside the racism, but long boarding, gtfo... - DH

Thomas

• Rep: 20
  • no pop no style
« Reply #1445 on: December 02, 2016, 01:34:01 AM »
Ordered some 101 radial slim yesterday, can't wait to try them !
I'm on 101 classic now, and already tried 101 radial last year, but the ATV look was a bit too much for me.
Possibilities are everywhere, search and enjoy.

144p

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1020
    • 35th Ave Skates avatar image
« Reply #1446 on: December 02, 2016, 07:36:10 AM »
Don't know when these f4 conical full swirls will be available, but very stoked!

Hannity

« Reply #1447 on: December 02, 2016, 08:17:11 AM »
Conical full 4 lyfe dawg

only way to go

Paco Supreme

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 525
  • One Trick Pony
« Reply #1448 on: December 02, 2016, 02:45:48 PM »
Man those look awesome, seen a few sets of those and a yellow/red swirl classic looking shape
What size you wielding 144p?

144p

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1449 on: December 02, 2016, 05:44:30 PM »
53, I have no idea if they are 99 or 101.
Feel kind of hard though.

Jud Nestorkins

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -59
  • Only YOU can prevent corporate espionage.
« Reply #1450 on: December 03, 2016, 11:10:02 AM »
Not only do I ride from spot to spot but I also ride my skateboard to and from the train to get to and from work. Because of this, even though I like I like super hard wheels, I got the 99s in the classic shape and 52mm.

Holy shit! First of all, these things felt hard enough for my liking, but not "rattle your teeth" hard.  So far I was glad that I got the 99's.

There is a slight angle on one of the streets going to work, resulting in a very tiny hill. I was cruising down that hill and decided to test these wheels out  and went for a power slide. I wasn't sure how easy they would slide so I put  A decent amount of pressure and they slid instantly like butter. Not wanting to slip out, I eased up and straightened my leg out and the wheels instantly stopped sliding and went back to normal.

These wheels exceed the hype of sliding when you want them to and gripping when you want them to.

No I can't say about the longgevity of the wheels, I've only had them for a few days, and I can't comment on the 101s but the 99's, so far, are the best wheel I've ever skated.

Edit: here's a picture of them fresh. Bonus: fresh deck as well.

« Last Edit: December 03, 2016, 01:37:59 PM by Jud Nestorkins »

Cherb

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -19
« Reply #1451 on: December 03, 2016, 12:21:10 PM »
Not only do I ride from spot to spot but I also ride my skateboard to and from the train to get to and from work. Because of this, even though I like I like super hard wheels, I got the 99s in the classic shape and 52mm.

Holy shit! First of all, these things felt hard enough for my liking, but not "rattle your teeth" hard.  So far I was glad that I got the 99's.
I like the 101's better than the 99's even for transportation. I may just be weird though.

Jud Nestorkins

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1452 on: December 03, 2016, 01:35:52 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]
I like the 101's better than the 99's even for transportation. I may just be weird though.
Damn lol.  Do you know how the 101s compare to STFs? Those things make my feet feel like they vibrating after I skate.

Cherb

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1453 on: December 03, 2016, 02:37:35 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]
[close]
Damn lol.  Do you know how the 101s compare to STFs? Those things make my feet feel like they vibrating after I skate.

Nah, I've only skated stf/spf's on friends boards at the park. So I have no experience on rough ground. I just feel like the 99's were slower than the 101's.

Jud Nestorkins

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1454 on: December 03, 2016, 04:24:48 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]
[close]

[close]
Nah, I've only skated stf/spf's on friends boards at the park. So I have no experience on rough ground. I just feel like the 99's were slower than the 101's.
the harder the wheel the faster they are genearally. However I'll take a slightly slower wheel in order to have a slightly more comfortable wheel. I mean it's not like the 99s are exactly "soft".

144p

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1455 on: December 04, 2016, 08:01:07 AM »
We just marked down the raven tershy 55mm 101s on our site, also still have some reynolds slim cuts available
http://www.35thave.com/shop/Skate/Wheels/Spitfire/p/Spitfire-Raven-Tershy-Formula-Four-Stomper-55mm-101a-classic-x16024463.htm

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 76
  • We're just 2 lo(b)s(t)ers sitting behind a screen
« Reply #1456 on: December 04, 2016, 04:25:21 PM »
Ordered some 101 radial slim yesterday, can't wait to try them !
I'm on 101 classic now, and already tried 101 radial last year, but the ATV look was a bit too much for me.
I got the 99s and I dig em, not teeth-rattling hard like PFC but that makes them a little bit more versatile imo.
They have this weird optical illusion thing going on with them though, I've ridden 54mm for eons now and the radial slims look tiny in 54

Impish sausage is definitely gonna blow up as a euphemism this year

Tracer

• Rep: -65309
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
« Reply #1457 on: December 05, 2016, 06:27:59 PM »
FF Glow in the dark now available. I just don't want to get scammed like watch companies do where you only get a few good months of GITD

N.L.

« Reply #1458 on: December 05, 2016, 07:14:34 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]
[close]

[close]
[close]
the harder the wheel the faster they are genearally. However I'll take a slightly slower wheel in order to have a slightly more comfortable wheel. I mean it's not like the 99s are exactly "soft".

it depends on the terrain. softer wheels are usually faster on fucked up terrain but not always.

Here's why I switched over to F4s from Bones. SPFs are fast as fuck in smooth parks but feel like dogshit on the street. STFs are amazing on the street- hard, fast with high rebound but a little slippery on tight round wall. F4 99as are my favorite all-round wheel- that suit all terrain. Maybe a tad slower than bones but I dig the slip-to-grip ratio far more and they have better shapes and sizes for my tastes. 101s are also pretty epic. i finally learned backside power slides because of these buggers. They slide easier than 99s but its not as secure of a feeling for me. I still ride them from time to time though and find them also more versatile than STF/ SPF.

I've flat-spotted both F4 duros and STFS/ SPFs but the F4s tend to work themselves out quicker- meaning they do wear out a bit quicker than bones also.

It comes down to this though- F4s just feel more like real fucking skateboarding wheels.

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1459 on: December 05, 2016, 07:24:23 PM »
i finally learned backside power slides because of these buggers.
teach me your secrets!!!

N.L.

« Reply #1460 on: December 05, 2016, 07:33:16 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
teach me your secrets!!!

-watch leo valls and julien stranger clips.
-purchase F4 radial slim 101s
-find a hill
-get toey

turning into it seemed to help. initiate a backside turn leaning deep into the hill and put a lot of your weight on your toes while you try and turn your body in the direction of the slide. i found if you give it too much you can still put your back hand down, recover nicely and  save smashing your teeth in.

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1461 on: December 05, 2016, 09:07:37 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
teach me your secrets!!!
[close]

-watch leo valls and julien stranger clips.
-purchase F4 radial slim 101s
-find a hill
-get toey

turning into it seemed to help. initiate a backside turn leaning deep into the hill and put a lot of your weight on your toes while you try and turn your body in the direction of the slide. i found if you give it too much you can still put your back hand down, recover nicely and  save smashing your teeth in.
sweet! they always make sense in my head (probably because I've had frontside ones dialed since I was a child) but whenever I try to throw down I just turn 90 degrees and then stop. I know I need to push my legs out further than my body but somewhere along the line the message gets lost...

CINCINNATI

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 116
« Reply #1462 on: December 06, 2016, 09:15:16 AM »
We just marked down the raven tershy 55mm 101s on our site, also still have some reynolds slim cuts available
http://www.35thave.com/shop/Skate/Wheels/Spitfire/p/Spitfire-Raven-Tershy-Formula-Four-Stomper-55mm-101a-classic-x16024463.htm

I've seen these same ones marked down on a couple other sites too. any reason for this?

Jud Nestorkins

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1463 on: December 07, 2016, 12:56:28 AM »
 So,  from what I can tell, the general consensus is that the 101's are better than the 99's unless you're primarily skating parks.

However, I debated for a while which ones to get and  was afraid that the 101's would be too hard so I got the 99's. While the 99's ride really nicely and slide super good on smooth black top and smooth concrete parks,  they don't really have as much of a slide as I would like a normal street turrain.  I still love these wheels to death, but definitely wish I would've gotten the 101's.
« Last Edit: December 07, 2016, 06:59:18 AM by Jud Nestorkins »

christ0v

• Rep: 15
« Reply #1464 on: December 07, 2016, 02:22:11 AM »
I skate parks only and the 101s are perfect. I tried the 99s on park and they weren't bad (i'll leave them for the cruiser), just the 101s are much better.
I got to skate some really slick marble? plaza in the sommer and didn't had a single slip. Never getting other wheels now. Maybe i'm going to try some other shape (i ride Silas"s classic 53mm shape), but thats all

Zimmer

• Rep: -9
« Reply #1465 on: December 07, 2016, 04:48:16 PM »
I'm still don't know how I feel about the 101's.. They feel so nice, and the slide makes you feel badass. But I always felt like I couldn't rely on them on anything other than clean, dry, hot concrete! The 99's a little slower, but I like not having to worry about surfaces as much.

The 101's are a summer wheel for me, the rest of the year ill be on 99's and 92's

Level 60 Dwarf Paladin

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -83
« Reply #1466 on: December 07, 2016, 04:52:07 PM »
If you can't get 99s to slide you need to push a little harder...
you never know about pre-cum 

144p

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1467 on: December 07, 2016, 05:48:40 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

I've seen these same ones marked down on a couple other sites too. any reason for this?
Maybe it's the graphic or size or both, but they just did not sell.
At the time 55mm wasn't made in the formula four in any shape or durometer so i i ordered a decent amount. Just never sold through.

perverted super otaku!

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -217
  • "Needless to say, I had the last laugh."
  • Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #1468 on: December 07, 2016, 06:58:47 PM »
I kinda wish they would make an f4 with a "full" riding surface, instead of a tapered one, I burn through those first tapered mm's of the riding surface quickly have to always rotate my wheels to keep them roughly the same size until the riding surface wards down to the full width of the wheel, then I can just leave them mostly rotate once in a while.

Cherb

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1469 on: December 07, 2016, 10:25:48 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
Maybe it's the graphic or size or both, but they just did not sell.
At the time 55mm wasn't made in the formula four in any shape or durometer so i i ordered a decent amount. Just never sold through.

I wanted to buy those Raven Tershy wheels but I couldn't find them in 53's anywhere. I think it was definitely a little of both the graphic and size as to why they didn't sell. I think the graphic is fucking awesome which generally means they're probably ugly to a lot of people. Most skaters probably think the graphic is too "jockish" as well.