Author Topic: Spitfire formula four  (Read 689534 times)

Filip (+ 3 Hidden) and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

yourfuckingdad

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -7
Re: Spitfire formula four
« Reply #1500 on: January 15, 2017, 01:35:13 PM »
Honestly think small wheels on a huge board skates pretty great. I ride an 8.9 and my wheels are years old so they're super small and it definitely lightens the load on that thing.

shadow

• Rep: 2
« Reply #1501 on: January 15, 2017, 04:26:44 PM »
Anyone know which bearing spacers work well with F4s? I'm new to spacers but from everything I've read, it's ideal for the spacer to not be wider than the seat so that there are no gaps left on either side. Riding conical fulls on Thunders.

Krooked antihero

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 157
« Reply #1502 on: January 15, 2017, 11:16:40 PM »
Anyone know which bearing spacers work well with F4s? I'm new to spacers but from everything I've read, it's ideal for the spacer to not be wider than the seat so that there are no gaps left on either side. Riding conical fulls on Thunders.
There is not that much difference between spacers from different brands, i have always used bones ones. Do they sell spacers at their own, i've always got mine w/ set of bearings?
europe's like the capitol of england and france and whatever

It sucks getting old.

Xen

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 939
  • U neg cuz UR insecure-glad I got under your skin
« Reply #1503 on: January 16, 2017, 08:36:57 AM »
NHS spacers are a different height compared to say, Bones spacers.

thebacker

« Reply #1504 on: January 16, 2017, 04:46:15 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Not only do I ride from spot to spot but I also ride my skateboard to and from the train to get to and from work. Because of this, even though I like I like super hard wheels, I got the 99s in the classic shape and 52mm.

Holy shit! First of all, these things felt hard enough for my liking, but not "rattle your teeth" hard.  So far I was glad that I got the 99's.
[close]
I like the 101's better than the 99's even for transportation. I may just be weird though.
[close]
Damn lol.  Do you know how the 101s compare to STFs? Those things make my feet feel like they vibrating after I skate.

[close]
Nah, I've only skated stf/spf's on friends boards at the park. So I have no experience on rough ground. I just feel like the 99's were slower than the 101's.
[close]
the harder the wheel the faster they are genearally. However I'll take a slightly slower wheel in order to have a slightly more comfortable wheel. I mean it's not like the 99s are exactly "soft".
[close]

it depends on the terrain. softer wheels are usually faster on fucked up terrain but not always.

Here's why I switched over to F4s from Bones. SPFs are fast as fuck in smooth parks but feel like dogshit on the street. STFs are amazing on the street- hard, fast with high rebound but a little slippery on tight round wall. F4 99as are my favorite all-round wheel- that suit all terrain. Maybe a tad slower than bones but I dig the slip-to-grip ratio far more and they have better shapes and sizes for my tastes. 101s are also pretty epic. i finally learned backside power slides because of these buggers. They slide easier than 99s but its not as secure of a feeling for me. I still ride them from time to time though and find them also more versatile than STF/ SPF.

I've flat-spotted both F4 duros and STFS/ SPFs but the F4s tend to work themselves out quicker- meaning they do wear out a bit quicker than bones also.

It comes down to this though- F4s just feel more like real fucking skateboarding wheels.

DaSk8D00D

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Rep: -108
  • Can't Leave SLAP Alone the Game Needs Me!
« Reply #1505 on: January 17, 2017, 03:35:38 PM »
I've been skating the classics in 99d 53-54mm since the F4's came out but I just switched it up to some 52mm 99d Conical Fulls. The classics are starting to look/feel too skinny to me now, and I've been heari slot of good things about the conical shapes. Looking forward to skating em soon

sharkin

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 481
« Reply #1506 on: January 18, 2017, 11:22:55 AM »
Honestly think small wheels on a huge board skates pretty great. I ride an 8.9 and my wheels are years old so they're super small and it definitely lightens the load on that thing.

I agree, my 8.625 popsicle has 52s worn down to like 47

fulfillthedream

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 305
« Reply #1507 on: January 18, 2017, 06:05:24 PM »
NHS spacers are a different height compared to say, Bones spacers.

never noticed a difference between spacers. been using em on my classic shaped f4s and and they work great. doesn't calm the loud noise fast bearings make.
Skateboarding is like jacking-off, it's that good- Jeremy Klein

[

iwishilivedinfinla

« Reply #1508 on: January 21, 2017, 06:46:53 AM »
just wanted to pop in a re-iterate that

Spitfire Formula Fours are the greatest skateboard wheels ever made.

why do other wheel brands exist?  what's the fucking point? 

MaitlandPrivado

• Rep: 29
« Reply #1509 on: January 21, 2017, 07:08:49 AM »

why do other wheel brands exist?  what's the fucking point?  

Wonder what's up with the classic and classic full dimensions but conical and conical full pics?

Zimmer

• Rep: -9
« Reply #1510 on: January 22, 2017, 10:56:47 AM »
The only thing I don't like about F4s is that I can never choose between 101 and 99. They need a 100d !!

Paco Supreme

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 525
  • One Trick Pony
« Reply #1511 on: January 22, 2017, 12:19:25 PM »
Wonder what's up with the classic and classic full dimensions but conical and conical full pics?

That was probably one of the first spec graphics they made. Whoever did it probably just used a generic template to show how they divide up a wheel. the newer ones are better suited to each wheel shape

iwishilivedinfinla

« Reply #1512 on: January 22, 2017, 11:28:11 PM »
Expand Quote

why do other wheel brands exist?  what's the fucking point?  

[close]

i practice what i preach.  here's a look at the menu for anyone wondering:

« Last Edit: January 22, 2017, 11:30:09 PM by iwshilvdnfinland »

Julz

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -6
« Reply #1513 on: March 01, 2017, 04:08:30 PM »
Are the classic full in 99d still a thing ? I've called the local shops in my area, no one has a single pair. Can't find them on SW and tactics. I've settle for the conicals, which are pretty much the same thing. But, I was wondering out of curiousity.

144p

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1020
    • 35th Ave Skates avatar image
« Reply #1514 on: March 01, 2017, 07:05:01 PM »
I was told they are discontinued.

LennyDLXSF

• Rep: 77
  • Deluxe Customer Service
« Reply #1515 on: March 02, 2017, 11:20:57 AM »

Correct.

micky682

« Reply #1516 on: March 02, 2017, 12:50:04 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Correct.
Nooo.  :(

jamersonbass

• Rep: 70
« Reply #1517 on: March 02, 2017, 01:49:45 PM »
I've had a hard time finding white radial slims 101's anywhere online.  Hoping these stick around in the catalog for awhile.

LennyDLXSF

« Reply #1518 on: March 02, 2017, 01:59:16 PM »
I've had a hard time finding white radial slims 101's anywhere online.  Hoping these stick around in the catalog for awhile.

We have a ton in stock.. Ask your shop to order some!  ;)

art hellman

• Trade Count: (+21)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1152
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #1519 on: March 02, 2017, 01:59:32 PM »
accidently bought a set of radial 101s... that GLOW IN THE DARK.  didn't even know that was a thing.

anything about the glow-in-the-dark chemistry that makes the wheels different than regular ol' 101s? 

cant really imagine a scenario where i'll be skating in pitch black enough for them to glow, but as long as they are gonna skate like regular F4s, then oh well. 

? 
hardly art, hardly starving

perverted super otaku!

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -217
  • "Needless to say, I had the last laugh."
  • Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #1520 on: March 02, 2017, 02:03:37 PM »
oh man Mr. Burns gif was too perfect there, jolly good show

Paco Supreme

• SLAP Pal
  • One Trick Pony
« Reply #1521 on: March 02, 2017, 02:07:37 PM »
Hey Lenny, while you're skulking around the thread>

I've mashed up colored f4s with regular undyed ones 1:3 ratio kinda thing. Think Lance or Grosso vibes.

Question is, in DLXs eyes do the colored wheels wear any different than the undyed ones or am i sweet to just mix and match as i please?

LennyDLXSF

« Reply #1522 on: March 02, 2017, 02:19:26 PM »
Hey Lenny, while you're skulking around the thread>

I've mashed up colored f4s with regular undyed ones 1:3 ratio kinda thing. Think Lance or Grosso vibes.

Question is, in DLXs eyes do the colored wheels wear any different than the undyed ones or am i sweet to just mix and match as i please?

After speaking to our illustrious hard-goods guru, the verdict is that they should all wear the same as long as they are the same Duro to start with.

So mix and match away!

Paco Supreme

• SLAP Pal
  • One Trick Pony
« Reply #1523 on: March 02, 2017, 02:21:42 PM »
Thank you for that man  ;D :D

GinosGroceries

« Reply #1524 on: March 02, 2017, 02:41:07 PM »
Lenny/Reed I love you
Please let them know the tablet shape is sorely missed.
I need tablet shape Formula Fours in my life again

Enrico Pallazzo

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Rep: 200
« Reply #1525 on: March 02, 2017, 08:34:18 PM »
First no more 99 Radials and now no more 99 Classic Fulls? Spitfire is really pushing those conicals.

calvinsdream

« Reply #1526 on: March 02, 2017, 08:39:19 PM »
I actually prefer the radials quite a bit to conical fulls. Fuck.

Cherb

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -19
« Reply #1527 on: March 02, 2017, 10:58:37 PM »
First no more 99 Radials and now no more 99 Classic Fulls? Spitfire is really pushing those conicals.
I've still seen a lot of 99 radials. Where did you hear this from?!

http://www.tactics.com/spitfire/formula-four-radial-slims-skateboard-wheels/white-101d

commander jameson

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 72
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #1528 on: March 03, 2017, 12:23:37 AM »

This.
As a STF V3 guy in Europe I was looking for radial slims in 101 to try them but they were nowhere to be found.

Roisto

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 474
« Reply #1529 on: March 03, 2017, 12:44:22 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

This.
As a STF V3 guy in Europe I was looking for radial slims in 101 to try them but they were nowhere to be found.

I think the radial slims are quite widely available. Maybe not in white that much, but the different color death adder versions seem to have been around for a while and available quite well IMO. Got a set of the green ones from some sale last summer. Planning to put them on this summer if my leg will allow me to skate.

Here's a few Finnish shops and one Polish shop that have the 101 ones in stock from a quick google search. I've ordered stuff from all of them and can recommend them all.
https://myfavoritethings.fi/fi/tuotteet/skeittaus/199562-spitfire-formula-four-101-radial-slims-52mm/
http://www.unionfive.fi/product/2063/spitfire-f4-radial-slims-death-green-54mm--renkaat-101du
http://www.unionfive.fi/product/2062/spitfire-f4-radial-slims-death-green-52mm--renkaat-101du
http://super-shop.com/en/i230929-spitfire-wheels-formula-four-radial-slim-night-black