Author Topic: Spitfire formula four  (Read 217148 times)

Elderly Gentleman

• Rep: 9
Re: Spitfire formula four
« Reply #1560 on: July 25, 2017, 11:09:26 AM »
I just got a set of 53 mm conical fulls in 99a.   I didn't get new bearings and just put in my best ones.  I was riding 55mm 99's from another brand and I loved them but I swear these wheels are faster even though they're slightly smaller.   It could be a placebo effect, because the ride is a little different but I'm really impressed with the slide, to grip ratio.  I like a wheel that isn't slippery but I want to be able to slide when I need to.  These seem to do just that.  I am very impressed.
I was addicted to the Hokey Pokey, but then I turned myself around.

"I'll just use my Zumiez rewards card".

AsianVegan

• Rep: 28
« Reply #1561 on: July 30, 2017, 09:54:49 PM »
Gonna grab a set of 52mm conical 99's for an all-purpose setup, I'm not gonna trawl through every page here but is the SFW just a wider shape and a different formula?

Level 60 Dwarf Paladin

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -85
« Reply #1562 on: July 30, 2017, 10:08:02 PM »
Gonna grab a set of 52mm conical 99's for an all-purpose setup, I'm not gonna trawl through every page here but is the SFW just a wider shape and a different formula?
Same shape, classic formula. I'm skating a set right now, no complaints.
you never know about pre-cum 

Paco Supreme

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 168
  • One Trick Pony
« Reply #1563 on: July 30, 2017, 10:10:54 PM »

Conicals are slightly skinnier, conical fulls are identical

Level 60 Dwarf Paladin

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -85
« Reply #1564 on: July 30, 2017, 10:18:35 PM »

Conicals are slightly skinnier, conical fulls are identical

What he said, I misread, thought you were picking up fulls.
you never know about pre-cum 

soccer mom

• Rep: -7
« Reply #1565 on: July 30, 2017, 11:18:08 PM »
TABLETS!! Bring back the tablet, just because some asshole internet lurker bitched they chipped, we all have to suffer. Sucks.
 Tablet 101's thats a mean fucking backside powerslide! GOAT of the wheels. Radial slims are the closest and I like them, but man those tablets....

GinosGroceries

• Rep: 120
« Reply #1566 on: July 31, 2017, 10:39:29 PM »
TABLETS!! Bring back the tablet, just because some asshole internet lurker bitched they chipped, we all have to suffer. Sucks.
 Tablet 101's thats a mean fucking backside powerslide! GOAT of the wheels. Radial slims are the closest and I like them, but man those tablets....

For real!!
I want the tablet shape back too. If they offered it also in 99 then I would literally only buy that wheel from now on
"I'm not used to skateboarding, but I wish I can do it. I swear I want to be able to do it."

CINCINNATI

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 61
« Reply #1567 on: August 01, 2017, 04:09:07 AM »
classic or classic full? grabbing a set from art hellman, cant make up my mind lol. both 53mm. ive been on back to back sets of conical full 56mm (101 and 99 respectively) over teh last two years and want to switch to a smaller wheel. any reason to go with one over the other?

Roisto

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 43
« Reply #1568 on: August 01, 2017, 04:55:12 AM »
classic or classic full? grabbing a set from art hellman, cant make up my mind lol. both 53mm. ive been on back to back sets of conical full 56mm (101 and 99 respectively) over teh last two years and want to switch to a smaller wheel. any reason to go with one over the other?

Full will last longer. More surface area to wear down.

Firebert

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -39
    • WEEKEND skateboards
« Reply #1569 on: August 01, 2017, 11:40:21 AM »
I wonder why they did seemingly only one run of classic slims... do I have to keep hoarding them or will you all make some more? Also please make them in 101a as well.
I've hated immigrants ever since I got here.

sharkin

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1570 on: August 01, 2017, 12:10:39 PM »
I chunked my 54mm classic slims pretty hard.

I didn't try to warranty them, because they were a warranty replacement themselves for a set of radial slims that chunked a little bit. Not trying to ride spitfire to the bank. Powerslides on shitty crete will chip em up good, and the narrow riding surface was a little too slippy for my tastes with 99A, can't imagine 101s

fulfillthedream

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -37
« Reply #1571 on: August 01, 2017, 12:28:08 PM »
I wonder why they did seemingly only one run of classic slims... do I have to keep hoarding them or will you all make some more? Also please make them in 101a as well.

seems like everyone was hyped on these, only to try them out and not notice much of a difference from the regular classic shape... they have continued all the formula four shapes except the classic slim and tablet
Skateboarding is like jacking-off, it's that good- Jeremy Klein

[

Roisto

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 43
« Reply #1572 on: August 01, 2017, 02:20:29 PM »

seems like everyone was hyped on these, only to try them out and not notice much of a difference from the regular classic shape... they have continued all the formula four shapes except the classic slim and tablet

Classic fulls aren't made anymore either.

Xen

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 7
« Reply #1573 on: August 03, 2017, 08:01:23 AM »

I honestly feel not being 101 and using the classic shape wheel killed sales, should have used the tablet shape.

But hey, we've got the radial slims.... :\

bea!

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 115
« Reply #1574 on: August 04, 2017, 12:10:51 PM »

new shape.  want want want (if it is what I think it is?)

144p

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 387
« Reply #1575 on: August 04, 2017, 04:21:52 PM »
They did it years ago

mynameisnotjeff

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 47
« Reply #1576 on: August 04, 2017, 05:53:35 PM »
I look at at that shape and just think about how odd it will skate as it wears out, cones and you try to flip them and lose that locked in feel.
Nothing I do deserves more than an iphone camera.

bea!

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 115
« Reply #1577 on: August 04, 2017, 08:08:01 PM »
they seem to have a shape like some old Slimeballs or something.  Looks like they may be cool but might want to see them in person first.

I really miss parkburners i kinda liked the feel of those better than formula 4s. 

Rick Sanchez

« Reply #1578 on: August 05, 2017, 01:54:06 PM »
they seem to have a shape like some old Slimeballs or something.  Looks like they may be cool but might want to see them in person first.

I really miss parkburners i kinda liked the feel of those better than formula 4s. 

Buy spit classics

Headded

• Rep: -1
« Reply #1579 on: August 06, 2017, 06:36:22 PM »
Is the 54 mm 99a full conical shape a good all terrain wheel? Good for whatever? Good grip but not too much? And good slide when needed on command? Been getting handed down wheels for years havent really tested the waters of wheels yet and just curious. Need a good wheel thats not gonna fail me and or get in the way.

DaveFuck

• Rep: 35
« Reply #1580 on: August 06, 2017, 08:22:52 PM »
Is the 54 mm 99a full conical shape a good all terrain wheel? Good for whatever? Good grip but not too much? And good slide when needed on command? Been getting handed down wheels for years havent really tested the waters of wheels yet and just curious. Need a good wheel thats not gonna fail me and or get in the way.
it's an ideal all terrain wheel imo

Xen

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1581 on: August 07, 2017, 12:50:46 PM »

It is but (and I'm sure I am in the minority here) you could get by on regular conicals unless you have to have a massively wide wheel.

sharkin

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1582 on: August 07, 2017, 01:43:13 PM »
I would agree 99a conical 54mm is the middlest of the roads

N.L.

« Reply #1583 on: August 07, 2017, 02:02:02 PM »
Lovin the Radials. Got some 54mm 101s that are just perfect for everything.

Bensquirts

« Reply #1584 on: August 13, 2017, 03:30:59 AM »
Got a relatively new set of 101 f4's and flat spotted the shit out of them yesterday. I was skating a diy with garage styled concrete, slid out on a trick and now it sounds like I'm on a dirt bike. Anyone else had this issue on smoother ground?

gumi

« Reply #1585 on: August 13, 2017, 05:20:49 AM »
Got a relatively new set of 101 f4's and flat spotted the shit out of them yesterday. I was skating a diy with garage styled concrete, slid out on a trick and now it sounds like I'm on a dirt bike. Anyone else had this issue on smoother ground?

First time I've ever heard f4s flatspotted

Noble Experiment

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 76
« Reply #1586 on: August 13, 2017, 06:06:09 AM »
Never had a set flatspot. Worst that has happened to me while skating F4s is they'd chunk out at the edges, including the last set I had.

Bensquirts

« Reply #1587 on: August 13, 2017, 07:16:47 AM »

First time I've ever heard f4s flatspotted

I'll try to get a photo of it, it's definitely noticeable while riding and when you run your finger over the wheel.

N.L.

« Reply #1588 on: August 13, 2017, 09:08:41 AM »
I feel like new wheels are more vulnerable to flat spots. I like to break them in a bit before I try tricks. Bomb a few hills, rough 'em up, then slide them around a bit. Not sure if there's any science to this but it seems to work for me as I had a run of flat spotting brand new wheels. Also all the flat spots I've had on F4s have been relatively small and work themselves out pretty quick. Unlike say with an SPF, whereby, once flat spotted it takes a lot to get them round again....

Esquivel

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 62
« Reply #1589 on: August 13, 2017, 09:58:14 PM »

I have flatspotted 2 sets of bones stf, a set of f4 classics and a set of f4 radial slims all on very smooth surface, reverting 180s off the flat! . Also what N.L. said is 100% true for me, the wheels were all brand new when this happened. I have never flatspotted a wheel on asphalt and to add to this i cured those flatspots by powersliding on rough streets.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2017, 09:59:45 PM by Esquivel »
Chusticiero/Fuma chustas - Person who smokes the end of the joint.