Author Topic: Spitfire formula four  (Read 689454 times)

commander jameson

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 72
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
Re: Spitfire formula four
« Reply #1530 on: March 03, 2017, 01:53:40 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
I've had a hard time finding white radial slims 101's anywhere online.  Hoping these stick around in the catalog for awhile.
[close]

This.
As a STF V3 guy in Europe I was looking for radial slims in 101 to try them but they were nowhere to be found.
[close]

I think the radial slims are quite widely available. Maybe not in white that much, but the different color death adder versions seem to have been around for a while and available quite well IMO. Got a set of the green ones from some sale last summer. Planning to put them on this summer if my leg will allow me to skate.

Here's a few Finnish shops and one Polish shop that have the 101 ones in stock from a quick google search. I've ordered stuff from all of them and can recommend them all.
https://myfavoritethings.fi/fi/tuotteet/skeittaus/199562-spitfire-formula-four-101-radial-slims-52mm/
http://www.unionfive.fi/product/2063/spitfire-f4-radial-slims-death-green-54mm--renkaat-101du
http://www.unionfive.fi/product/2062/spitfire-f4-radial-slims-death-green-52mm--renkaat-101du
http://super-shop.com/en/i230929-spitfire-wheels-formula-four-radial-slim-night-black

I can't do colored wheels but will check those links.
Thanks!

alraunen

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 240
    • www.davidcampillo.net avatar image
« Reply #1531 on: March 03, 2017, 02:40:21 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
I've had a hard time finding white radial slims 101's anywhere online.  Hoping these stick around in the catalog for awhile.
[close]

This.
As a STF V3 guy in Europe I was looking for radial slims in 101 to try them but they were nowhere to be found.
[close]

I think the radial slims are quite widely available. Maybe not in white that much, but the different color death adder versions seem to have been around for a while and available quite well IMO. Got a set of the green ones from some sale last summer. Planning to put them on this summer if my leg will allow me to skate.

Here's a few Finnish shops and one Polish shop that have the 101 ones in stock from a quick google search. I've ordered stuff from all of them and can recommend them all.
https://myfavoritethings.fi/fi/tuotteet/skeittaus/199562-spitfire-formula-four-101-radial-slims-52mm/
http://www.unionfive.fi/product/2063/spitfire-f4-radial-slims-death-green-54mm--renkaat-101du
http://www.unionfive.fi/product/2062/spitfire-f4-radial-slims-death-green-52mm--renkaat-101du
http://super-shop.com/en/i230929-spitfire-wheels-formula-four-radial-slim-night-black
[close]

I can't do colored wheels but will check those links.
Thanks!

I have done some research on my euro bookmarks and I only found them in green, black and red. As I seen on their catalogue 101A are only available in colours. I understand you, white wheels and raw silver trucks forever.

jamersonbass

• Rep: 70
« Reply #1532 on: March 04, 2017, 06:58:16 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

We have a ton in stock.. Ask your shop to order some!  ;)

Thanks, will do.  As always, I appreciate the great CS.

mattchew

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 355
« Reply #1533 on: March 23, 2017, 07:49:12 PM »
Expand Quote
I'm riding the 54mm conical full. Fuckin love 'em.
[close]

Thats exactly my next size/shape, what duro are you using?

Sorry, just saw this, don't really stray off too far from Useless and Video sections...

I have the 101. Great wheel. Gonna need new ones in another month or two.
I cant imagine anything other than conical full now, everything else seems so damn skinny/weird looking to me!
P R E P A R E  T O  T I M E C O D E

Diocletian

« Reply #1534 on: April 04, 2017, 06:12:08 PM »
Anyone else on here unable to ever break away from skating 54mm 101a classic shape f4's? I've tried nearly everything else and nothing...nothing beats the size, shape, and slide.

Xen

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 938
  • U neg cuz UR insecure-glad I got under your skin
« Reply #1535 on: April 04, 2017, 08:08:47 PM »
Anyone else on here unable to ever break away from skating 54mm 101a classic shape f4's? I've tried nearly everything else and nothing...nothing beats the size, shape, and slide.

Skated 'classics' since waaaay back, I was alive and skating when spitfire wheels came to the market; everything else was fat and pretty much soft as shit, OJs were the 'street' wheel of choice if you wanted anything that was fat powell softball wheels.

Since thinner wheels have been around, I can't go back to the round wheel shape when there are wheels with the same riding surface that have  a thinner overall shape (like the radial slims, only f4 I'll ride now).

sorry

• Rep: -14
« Reply #1536 on: July 21, 2017, 04:56:59 PM »
I bought some Formula Fours 99 two years ago and really loved them
now that I have burned like 5mm off them I bought another set, Formula Fours 99 also, and I have to say these new wheels feel a lot harder than my old ones (mind you, both sets are 54mm)
the difference in hardness is very notable to me, so did the formula change or something? did anyone notice a difference between older/newer f4's?

perverted super otaku!

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -217
  • "Needless to say, I had the last laugh."
  • Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #1537 on: July 21, 2017, 05:23:27 PM »
I bought some Formula Fours 99 two years ago and really loved them
now that I have burned like 5mm off them I bought another set, Formula Fours 99 also, and I have to say these new wheels feel a lot harder than my old ones (mind you, both sets are 54mm)
the difference in hardness is very notable to me, so did the formula change or something? did anyone notice a difference between older/newer f4's?
The different shapes can feel different, thinner ones feel more bumpy I think, wider is generally a smoother feeling ride

ferraveemo

• Rep: 23
« Reply #1538 on: July 25, 2017, 01:32:28 AM »
First no more 99 Radials and now no more 99 Classic Fulls? Spitfire is really pushing those conicals.

Wait what? i know Classic Fulls were discontinued but i hope the fuck not for the Radials???(regular/non-slim)

The 99d Radials in 52 were good street wheels and the 99d 54 could be too and just as good for cruisers.

LennyDLXSF

• Rep: 77
  • Deluxe Customer Service
« Reply #1539 on: July 25, 2017, 10:52:17 AM »
First no more 99 Radials and now no more 99 Classic Fulls? Spitfire is really pushing those conicals.

We still make the Radial and Radial Slim!

Classic Full has been discontinued though.

Elderly Gentleman

• Rep: 4
« Reply #1540 on: July 25, 2017, 11:09:26 AM »
I just got a set of 53 mm conical fulls in 99a.   I didn't get new bearings and just put in my best ones.  I was riding 55mm 99's from another brand and I loved them but I swear these wheels are faster even though they're slightly smaller.   It could be a placebo effect, because the ride is a little different but I'm really impressed with the slide, to grip ratio.  I like a wheel that isn't slippery but I want to be able to slide when I need to.  These seem to do just that.  I am very impressed.
I was addicted to the Hokey Pokey, but then I turned myself around.

"I'll just use my Zumiez rewards card".

AsianVegan

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 95
« Reply #1541 on: July 30, 2017, 09:54:49 PM »
Gonna grab a set of 52mm conical 99's for an all-purpose setup, I'm not gonna trawl through every page here but is the SFW just a wider shape and a different formula?

Level 60 Dwarf Paladin

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -83
« Reply #1542 on: July 30, 2017, 10:08:02 PM »
Gonna grab a set of 52mm conical 99's for an all-purpose setup, I'm not gonna trawl through every page here but is the SFW just a wider shape and a different formula?
Same shape, classic formula. I'm skating a set right now, no complaints.
you never know about pre-cum 

Paco Supreme

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 525
  • One Trick Pony
« Reply #1543 on: July 30, 2017, 10:10:54 PM »

Conicals are slightly skinnier, conical fulls are identical

Level 60 Dwarf Paladin

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -83
« Reply #1544 on: July 30, 2017, 10:18:35 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Conicals are slightly skinnier, conical fulls are identical

What he said, I misread, thought you were picking up fulls.
you never know about pre-cum 

soccer mom

• Rep: -17
« Reply #1545 on: July 30, 2017, 11:18:08 PM »
TABLETS!! Bring back the tablet, just because some asshole internet lurker bitched they chipped, we all have to suffer. Sucks.
 Tablet 101's thats a mean fucking backside powerslide! GOAT of the wheels. Radial slims are the closest and I like them, but man those tablets....

GinosGroceries

« Reply #1546 on: July 31, 2017, 10:39:29 PM »
TABLETS!! Bring back the tablet, just because some asshole internet lurker bitched they chipped, we all have to suffer. Sucks.
 Tablet 101's thats a mean fucking backside powerslide! GOAT of the wheels. Radial slims are the closest and I like them, but man those tablets....

For real!!
I want the tablet shape back too. If they offered it also in 99 then I would literally only buy that wheel from now on

CINCINNATI

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 116
« Reply #1547 on: August 01, 2017, 04:09:07 AM »
classic or classic full? grabbing a set from art hellman, cant make up my mind lol. both 53mm. ive been on back to back sets of conical full 56mm (101 and 99 respectively) over teh last two years and want to switch to a smaller wheel. any reason to go with one over the other?

Roisto

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 474
« Reply #1548 on: August 01, 2017, 04:55:12 AM »
classic or classic full? grabbing a set from art hellman, cant make up my mind lol. both 53mm. ive been on back to back sets of conical full 56mm (101 and 99 respectively) over teh last two years and want to switch to a smaller wheel. any reason to go with one over the other?

Full will last longer. More surface area to wear down.

Firebert

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 225
    • Instagram avatar image
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #1549 on: August 01, 2017, 11:40:21 AM »
I wonder why they did seemingly only one run of classic slims... do I have to keep hoarding them or will you all make some more? Also please make them in 101a as well.

sharkin

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 481
« Reply #1550 on: August 01, 2017, 12:10:39 PM »
I chunked my 54mm classic slims pretty hard.

I didn't try to warranty them, because they were a warranty replacement themselves for a set of radial slims that chunked a little bit. Not trying to ride spitfire to the bank. Powerslides on shitty crete will chip em up good, and the narrow riding surface was a little too slippy for my tastes with 99A, can't imagine 101s

fulfillthedream

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 305
« Reply #1551 on: August 01, 2017, 12:28:08 PM »
I wonder why they did seemingly only one run of classic slims... do I have to keep hoarding them or will you all make some more? Also please make them in 101a as well.

seems like everyone was hyped on these, only to try them out and not notice much of a difference from the regular classic shape... they have continued all the formula four shapes except the classic slim and tablet
Skateboarding is like jacking-off, it's that good- Jeremy Klein

[

Roisto

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 474
« Reply #1552 on: August 01, 2017, 02:20:29 PM »

seems like everyone was hyped on these, only to try them out and not notice much of a difference from the regular classic shape... they have continued all the formula four shapes except the classic slim and tablet

Classic fulls aren't made anymore either.

Xen

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 938
  • U neg cuz UR insecure-glad I got under your skin
« Reply #1553 on: August 03, 2017, 08:01:23 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

I honestly feel not being 101 and using the classic shape wheel killed sales, should have used the tablet shape.

But hey, we've got the radial slims.... :\

Glue Reed

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 159
« Reply #1554 on: August 04, 2017, 12:10:51 PM »
https://www.instagram.com/p/BXYfLuiAa9Z/?hl=en&taken-by=spitfirewheels

new shape.  want want want (if it is what I think it is?)

144p

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1020
    • 35th Ave Skates avatar image
« Reply #1555 on: August 04, 2017, 04:21:52 PM »
They did it years ago

mynameisnotjeff

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 581
« Reply #1556 on: August 04, 2017, 05:53:35 PM »
I look at at that shape and just think about how odd it will skate as it wears out, cones and you try to flip them and lose that locked in feel.
Nothing I do deserves more than an iphone camera.

Glue Reed

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 159
« Reply #1557 on: August 04, 2017, 08:08:01 PM »
they seem to have a shape like some old Slimeballs or something.  Looks like they may be cool but might want to see them in person first.

I really miss parkburners i kinda liked the feel of those better than formula 4s. 

Rick Sanchez

« Reply #1558 on: August 05, 2017, 01:54:06 PM »
they seem to have a shape like some old Slimeballs or something.  Looks like they may be cool but might want to see them in person first.

I really miss parkburners i kinda liked the feel of those better than formula 4s. 

Buy spit classics

Headded

• Rep: -1
« Reply #1559 on: August 06, 2017, 06:36:22 PM »
Is the 54 mm 99a full conical shape a good all terrain wheel? Good for whatever? Good grip but not too much? And good slide when needed on command? Been getting handed down wheels for years havent really tested the waters of wheels yet and just curious. Need a good wheel thats not gonna fail me and or get in the way.