Author Topic: Spitfire formula four  (Read 689462 times)

thebacker

Re: Spitfire formula four
« Reply #1560 on: August 06, 2017, 08:22:52 PM »
Is the 54 mm 99a full conical shape a good all terrain wheel? Good for whatever? Good grip but not too much? And good slide when needed on command? Been getting handed down wheels for years havent really tested the waters of wheels yet and just curious. Need a good wheel thats not gonna fail me and or get in the way.
it's an ideal all terrain wheel imo

Xen

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 938
  • U neg cuz UR insecure-glad I got under your skin
« Reply #1561 on: August 07, 2017, 12:50:46 PM »
Is the 54 mm 99a full conical shape a good all terrain wheel? Good for whatever? Good grip but not too much? And good slide when needed on command? Been getting handed down wheels for years havent really tested the waters of wheels yet and just curious. Need a good wheel thats not gonna fail me and or get in the way.

It is but (and I'm sure I am in the minority here) you could get by on regular conicals unless you have to have a massively wide wheel.

sharkin

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 481
« Reply #1562 on: August 07, 2017, 01:43:13 PM »
I would agree 99a conical 54mm is the middlest of the roads

N.L.

« Reply #1563 on: August 07, 2017, 02:02:02 PM »
Lovin the Radials. Got some 54mm 101s that are just perfect for everything.

Bensquirts

• Rep: 75
« Reply #1564 on: August 13, 2017, 03:30:59 AM »
Got a relatively new set of 101 f4's and flat spotted the shit out of them yesterday. I was skating a diy with garage styled concrete, slid out on a trick and now it sounds like I'm on a dirt bike. Anyone else had this issue on smoother ground?

gumi

• Rep: 6
« Reply #1565 on: August 13, 2017, 05:20:49 AM »
Got a relatively new set of 101 f4's and flat spotted the shit out of them yesterday. I was skating a diy with garage styled concrete, slid out on a trick and now it sounds like I'm on a dirt bike. Anyone else had this issue on smoother ground?

First time I've ever heard f4s flatspotted

Noble Experiment

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 283
« Reply #1566 on: August 13, 2017, 06:06:09 AM »
Never had a set flatspot. Worst that has happened to me while skating F4s is they'd chunk out at the edges, including the last set I had.

Bensquirts

« Reply #1567 on: August 13, 2017, 07:16:47 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

First time I've ever heard f4s flatspotted

I'll try to get a photo of it, it's definitely noticeable while riding and when you run your finger over the wheel.

N.L.

« Reply #1568 on: August 13, 2017, 09:08:41 AM »
I feel like new wheels are more vulnerable to flat spots. I like to break them in a bit before I try tricks. Bomb a few hills, rough 'em up, then slide them around a bit. Not sure if there's any science to this but it seems to work for me as I had a run of flat spotting brand new wheels. Also all the flat spots I've had on F4s have been relatively small and work themselves out pretty quick. Unlike say with an SPF, whereby, once flat spotted it takes a lot to get them round again....

Esquivel

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 214
« Reply #1569 on: August 13, 2017, 09:58:14 PM »

I have flatspotted 2 sets of bones stf, a set of f4 classics and a set of f4 radial slims all on very smooth surface, reverting 180s off the flat! . Also what N.L. said is 100% true for me, the wheels were all brand new when this happened. I have never flatspotted a wheel on asphalt and to add to this i cured those flatspots by powersliding on rough streets.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2017, 09:59:45 PM by Esquivel »
Expand Quote
And people say weed makes you creative
[close]
Good weed does - these broke ass skateboard designers smokin spice

Paco Supreme

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 525
  • One Trick Pony
« Reply #1570 on: August 13, 2017, 11:53:46 PM »
Haven't had a set flatpot, have gotten chunks out, but thats a non issue, noticed my current set had a i guess puncture would be the right word, theres little shards of metal embedded in one of the wheels

thebacker

« Reply #1571 on: August 14, 2017, 09:21:47 AM »

my man email deluxe and they will send you out a set. they are just gonna want you to send back the wheels to them

LennyDLXSF

• Rep: 77
  • Deluxe Customer Service
« Reply #1572 on: August 14, 2017, 10:13:48 AM »

Email me!

[email protected]

Bensquirts

« Reply #1573 on: August 14, 2017, 10:15:07 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

my man email deluxe and they will send you out a set. they are just gonna want you to send back the wheels to them

Good looking out! I had no idea I could do that.

fulfillthedream

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 305
« Reply #1574 on: August 14, 2017, 05:05:26 PM »
Gotta set of the Radial F4's 53mm. was skating the Radial Slims before, skated the regular radials for a few days but couldn't get used to them so went back to the old radial slims. dont think i can really get used to the wider wheels like the conicals, classic wide, radial etc. radial slims are the widest i can go.
Skateboarding is like jacking-off, it's that good- Jeremy Klein

[

Roisto

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 474
« Reply #1575 on: August 14, 2017, 09:54:07 PM »
Gotta set of the Radial F4's 53mm. was skating the Radial Slims before, skated the regular radials for a few days but couldn't get used to them so went back to the old radial slims. dont think i can really get used to the wider wheels like the conicals, classic wide, radial etc. radial slims are the widest i can go.

I seem to be the exact opposite. Got a set of radial slims now and I'm wondering why I ever bought them. Really hard getting used to them. I feel like I should have at least conicals if not conical fulls. Even with 149s on a 8.25" the radial slims look a bit too magic carpet for me. I'll give them a few more sessions and if I can't get used to them, I'll have to get rid of them and get something wider. Funny how this goes.  :D

Xen

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 938
  • U neg cuz UR insecure-glad I got under your skin
« Reply #1576 on: August 15, 2017, 07:21:08 AM »

Same for me, Radial slims only (even then, they push my width limit =) ) -  30mm width maximum
« Last Edit: August 15, 2017, 07:22:52 AM by Xen »

fulfillthedream

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 305
« Reply #1577 on: August 15, 2017, 12:24:34 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

I seem to be the exact opposite. Got a set of radial slims now and I'm wondering why I ever bought them. Really hard getting used to them. I feel like I should have at least conicals if not conical fulls. Even with 149s on a 8.25" the radial slims look a bit too magic carpet for me. I'll give them a few more sessions and if I can't get used to them, I'll have to get rid of them and get something wider. Funny how this goes.  :D
i'll buy them off ya if there in good condition
Skateboarding is like jacking-off, it's that good- Jeremy Klein

[

Roisto

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1578 on: August 15, 2017, 01:30:17 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

They're hardly used, but I'm in Finland and I'm guessing you're not, so it probably won't be logistically feasible.

sharkin

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1579 on: August 15, 2017, 01:44:04 PM »
Do I want Lock Ins?

I know it's a gimmick, but do I want them?

mynameisnotjeff

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 581
« Reply #1580 on: August 15, 2017, 02:11:04 PM »
Do I want Lock Ins?

I know it's a gimmick, but do I want them?
This is Slap, we'll see that you bought them next week and expect to hear from you if they did or didn't work.
Nothing I do deserves more than an iphone camera.

Esquivel

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1581 on: August 21, 2017, 06:22:24 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
[close]

They're hardly used, but I'm in Finland and I'm guessing you're not, so it probably won't be logistically feasible.

Set up a new set of radial slims, 101/52mm (the ones with the cobra) and 2 sessions in I have the same problem that I had with my previous set of radial slims. The bearings keep sliding out of the pockets (after 2-3 tricks or a few turns of just riding) and the board feels slow and sluggish which is expected when the bearings are not placed properly. I just wonder if both sets were faulty as I never had this problem with any other set of spitfires (bones would do that but only when the bearing sockets would become slack, after a month or so). I know this can be cured/avoided by using spacers and I really don't wanna get into another "spacers are good" discussion. Anyway, just ordered two sets of classics 52mm and 50mm and can't wait for them to arrive.
Expand Quote
[close]

Roisto

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1582 on: August 21, 2017, 07:12:27 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
[close]

[close]

Set up a new set of radial slims, 101/52mm (the ones with the cobra) and 2 sessions in I have the same problem that I had with my previous set of radial slims. The bearings keep sliding out of the pockets (after 2-3 tricks or a few turns of just riding) and the board feels slow and sluggish which is expected when the bearings are not placed properly. I just wonder if both sets were faulty as I never had this problem with any other set of spitfires (bones would do that but only when the bearing sockets would become slack, after a month or so). I know this can be cured/avoided by using spacers and I really don't wanna get into another "spacers are good" discussion. Anyway, just ordered two sets of classics 52mm and 50mm and can't wait for them to arrive.

:D I'm at the other end of that argument for sure but yeah, let's not get into it. I have spacers in my radial slims so I haven't had any such issues but the bearings do not sit deep at all in the radial slims. I think that might be causing them not to be seated very tight.

Esquivel

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1583 on: August 21, 2017, 08:54:52 AM »
Yeah this is something that I also noticed, the bearings definitely don't "pop" in the seat whereas at the classic shape the fit is way tighter.
Expand Quote
[close]

Krooked antihero

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 157
« Reply #1584 on: August 21, 2017, 11:49:15 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

I seem to be the exact opposite. Got a set of radial slims now and I'm wondering why I ever bought them. Really hard getting used to them. I feel like I should have at least conicals if not conical fulls. Even with 149s on a 8.25" the radial slims look a bit too magic carpet for me. I'll give them a few more sessions and if I can't get used to them, I'll have to get rid of them and get something wider. Funny how this goes.  :D
What type of terrain do you skate? Because I live in Finland too and I rock only skinniest wheels I can find, last summer was those radial slims 52mm and now I'm skating bones stf's 52mm and I absolutely love skating skinny hard wheels.I skate mostly slappies and transition, lately been skating ledges more tho.It's like you not gonna be able to travel long distance with those wheels on shitty ground but going fast on those things feels like you're flying...and I love that sound what skinny hard wheels make when you powerslide shit out of them <3
« Last Edit: August 21, 2017, 11:54:25 PM by Krooked antihero »
europe's like the capitol of england and france and whatever

It sucks getting old.

Roisto

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1585 on: August 22, 2017, 12:17:24 AM »
Quote from: Krooked antihero  link=topic=68020.msg2676857#msg2676857 date=1503384555
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

I seem to be the exact opposite. Got a set of radial slims now and I'm wondering why I ever bought them. Really hard getting used to them. I feel like I should have at least conicals if not conical fulls. Even with 149s on a 8.25" the radial slims look a bit too magic carpet for me. I'll give them a few more sessions and if I can't get used to them, I'll have to get rid of them and get something wider. Funny how this goes.  :D
[close]
What type of terrain do you skate? Because I live in Finland too and I rock only skinniest wheels I can find, last summer was those radial slims 52mm and now I'm skating bones stf's 52mm and I absolutely love skating skinny hard wheels.I skate mostly slappies and transition, lately been skating ledges more tho.It's like you not gonna be able to travel long distance with those wheels on shitty ground but going fast on those things feels like you're flying...and I love that sound what skinny hard wheels make when you powerslide shit out of them <3

Mainly flatground, especially now that my leg isn't yet fully recovered. With the F4s it's only relatively smooth ground for me. I wouldn't even think of rolling around the streets with those. Got the Keyframes on another set up for that.

With the radial slims it's not so much the feel of the wheels but the fact that I can't see them properly enough. It just fucks with my head and makes me feel like I'm rocking 129s on a 8.5" deck or something crazy like that.

sharkin

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1586 on: August 22, 2017, 07:25:14 AM »
yeah ive noticed that with the  radial slims

I have an 8.38 with 149s and they look seem even more hidden than my conicals set up on an 8.875 with 159s

Firebert

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 225
    • Instagram avatar image
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #1587 on: August 22, 2017, 11:24:14 AM »
I've switched from classic slims to the conical - seem just as fast, but I have way more control skating transition. Evan smith glow/blue 53mm

Cherb

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -19
« Reply #1588 on: August 22, 2017, 12:03:51 PM »
I've switched from classic slims to the conical - seem just as fast, but I have way more control skating transition. Evan smith glow/blue 53mm

Those look so nice. But I don't think I can go back to 99 after skating 101's

Firebert

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 225
    • Instagram avatar image
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #1589 on: August 22, 2017, 12:06:54 PM »
I love 'em both - I have conical full 101s on my bigger board.