Author Topic: Spitfire formula four  (Read 217416 times)

SneakySecrets

• Rep: -61
Re: Spitfire formula four
« Reply #1740 on: June 17, 2018, 07:50:23 PM »
Just got a set of the 99 duro, 52mm classics.  Am I crazy or did they recently change up the formula for formula fours? 

I have had a set of both the conical and radial slims (both 99 duro).  Those wheels had that yellowy, off-white color that I’ve always associated with formula fours. The ones I just got are noticeably whiter, almost the color of bones stf’s. 

Also, the other f4s I’ve had felt more clay-like and porous.  The ones I just got dont have that as much.

Anyone else have that experience, or am I losing my mind?

Paco Supreme

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 168
  • One Trick Pony
« Reply #1741 on: June 17, 2018, 09:21:41 PM »
The latest versions ive seen, the spitfire x shop wheels still have that yellow tinge to them

fulfillthedream

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -37
« Reply #1742 on: June 18, 2018, 12:16:58 AM »
damn they should just do the basic f4's with the classic swirl!

on another note been strictly riding f4's since 2013; classics, classic slim, classic wide, conical full, radial slim and radial - all 99 duro - cant beat the classics. and all other wheel production should just stop hahaha
Skateboarding is like jacking-off, it's that good- Jeremy Klein

[

Shuh

• Rep: 0
« Reply #1743 on: June 18, 2018, 10:33:59 AM »

on another note been strictly riding f4's since 2013; classics, classic slim, classic wide, conical full, radial slim and radial - all 99 duro - cant beat the classics. and all other wheel production should just stop hahaha

All right like dicaprio would say "sell me this f4 classic" why should I get classic instead of the other shapes?

calvinsdream

• Rep: 13
  • Dusted and disgusted
« Reply #1744 on: June 18, 2018, 10:40:19 AM »
they should just do the basic f4's with the classic swirl!

nosneb

• Rep: 5
« Reply #1745 on: June 18, 2018, 10:33:06 PM »
Those are deff f4s if you zoom in on the pic. But yeah they should do a bunch of classics colors in f4s

iwshilvdnfinland

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -107
« Reply #1746 on: June 18, 2018, 10:36:07 PM »

fulfillthedream

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1747 on: June 19, 2018, 12:58:31 AM »

All right like dicaprio would say "sell me this f4 classic" why should I get classic instead of the other shapes?

my thing is the classic shape is literally best all around as far as the surface space goes, the shape locks in really well onto ledges and coping and the bearing sits just right to make em spin fast compared to the radial slims/conicals

[

tzhangdox

• Rep: 18
« Reply #1748 on: June 19, 2018, 08:59:39 AM »

my thing is the classic shape is literally best all around as far as the surface space goes, the shape locks in really well onto ledges and coping and the bearing sits just right to make em spin fast compared to the radial slims/conicals

Really? I feel like the classic locks into ledges the worst as the edge isn't as straight cut. Feel safer doing 5050s pon round rails and long 5-0s on ledges with lock ins or conicals. Also for how wide the classic is at the widest point, the contact patch is quite thin if you're skating rough ground.

Firebert

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -39
    • WEEKEND skateboards
« Reply #1749 on: June 19, 2018, 09:14:44 AM »
There is no best shape, there is only "better for."
I've hated immigrants ever since I got here.

calvinsdream

• Dusted and disgusted
« Reply #1750 on: June 19, 2018, 09:24:50 AM »

Xen

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 7
« Reply #1751 on: June 19, 2018, 10:22:33 AM »

Really? I feel like the classic locks into ledges the worst as the edge isn't as straight cut. Feel safer doing 5050s pon round rails and long 5-0s on ledges with lock ins or conicals. Also for how wide the classic is at the widest point, the contact patch is quite thin if you're skating rough ground.

That's my biggest issue with classics, so much wheel for so little riding surface, great slappy wheel tho, rolls over anything.

It's not like the OG graphic isn't present:

« Last Edit: June 19, 2018, 10:25:06 AM by Xen »

Diocletian

• Rep: 4
« Reply #1752 on: June 30, 2018, 07:26:16 PM »
I’ve been skating the new updated formula of the classic non-F4 Spitfire’s and they may not have as much of a controllable and longer slide, but I think they’re a major improvement over how they used to be. They’ve worked perfectly fine at the park or bombing hills and I can powerslide without fear of sticking and dying. They require a tiny bit more effort to slide as opposed to the 101a F4’s which require basically no effort at all. If your local only has these classic classics in stock, give them a shot. They’re not bad at all.

Xen

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1753 on: June 30, 2018, 07:51:35 PM »
Is it only collab shop thane or perhaps the new drops of the 'pro classics'?
« Last Edit: June 30, 2018, 09:37:42 PM by Xen »

nosneb

« Reply #1754 on: June 30, 2018, 08:03:46 PM »
Im on my 3rd pair of shop collab F4s from different seasons and they are all the same.

Xen

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1755 on: June 30, 2018, 09:40:21 PM »
I’ve been skating the new updated formula of the classic non-F4 Spitfire’s and they may not have as much of a controllable and longer slide, but I think they’re a major improvement over how they used to be. They’ve worked perfectly fine at the park or bombing hills and I can powerslide without fear of sticking and dying. They require a tiny bit more effort to slide as opposed to the 101a F4’s which require basically no effort at all. If your local only has these classic classics in stock, give them a shot. They’re not bad at all.

Do they feel like classics? F4? F1?

tangar

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 62
  • THINK LESS
« Reply #1756 on: June 30, 2018, 10:31:40 PM »
Your reading comprehension is fucking pathetic xen.
Man the long board truck thing killed indy for me. I was willing to set aside the racism, but long boarding, gtfo... - DH

fulfillthedream

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1757 on: July 01, 2018, 06:29:51 AM »

he gotsa work on them observation skillz

[

boogs

« Reply #1758 on: July 01, 2018, 06:34:22 AM »
some of the newer f4s are a lighter shade than they were previously. this may be because they're being manufactured somewhere else now, i'm not sure.
« Last Edit: July 03, 2018, 07:09:12 AM by boogs »

Xen

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1759 on: July 01, 2018, 08:13:31 AM »

I’ve been skating the new  updated formula of the classicnon-F4 Spitfire’s and they may not have as much of a controllable and longer slide, but I think they’re a major improvement over how they used to be. They’ve worked perfectly fine at the park or bombing hills and I can powerslide without fear of sticking and dying. They require a tiny bit more effort to slide as opposed to the 101a F4’s which require basically no effort at all. If your local only has these classic classics in stock, give them a shot. They’re not bad at all.

Nowhere did he specify if they felt like either wheel I mentioned, only what he thought the difference between functionality is.

All three, F1, F4 and classics feel different from one another when you ride them. That's what I was after.

For all those of who haven't skated them don't know if the improved classic is a different formula, it could feel like the old F1s, sure slide plays into feel but so does terrain, maybe they felt slower than classics or faster...they could feel like STFs (plasticky, like F1s) but again, he didn't say how they felt one way or the other.

« Last Edit: July 01, 2018, 08:45:08 AM by Xen »

Sad Hippo

« Reply #1760 on: July 01, 2018, 09:52:24 AM »
Did they really update the classics or have we just been on the f4 tit so long we forgot how they skated? I never had a problem with classics, I’d still rather skate them than f4s, but my local only carries f4s...

shripshrapper

• Rep: -9
  • Shane Heyl 2020 #GOATPOTUS
« Reply #1761 on: July 01, 2018, 03:02:33 PM »
Oh shit. This whole time I thought F1's were the same formula as the old classics..

Xen

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1762 on: July 01, 2018, 04:35:56 PM »
Oh shit. This whole time I thought F1's were the same formula as the old classics..

Could be, F1 tag might just be marketing?

Diocletian

• Rep: 4
« Reply #1763 on: July 02, 2018, 06:20:01 AM »
Did they really update the classics or have we just been on the f4 tit so long we forgot how they skated? I never had a problem with classics, I’d still rather skate them than f4s, but my local only carries f4s...

I can’t remember where I originally saw or heard it being mentioned but I contacted deluxe for confirmation and they indeed said their regular classic formula is made in a different factory and they improved the quality. I’d say the difference between those and the 99d F4’s is trivial. The 101’s being noticeably more slippery.

I kinda like how the regular classics are more white because they don’t get piss yellow after sliding on fresh blacktop so quickly like the F4’s do.

GardenSkater77

• Rep: -4
« Reply #1764 on: July 02, 2018, 08:41:45 AM »
Anybody ever get down with 98a Park Burners?

They were an F1 prolly 10 years ago?

https://shop.ccs.com/spitfire-f1-park-burners-skateboard-wheels-58mm-98a-white

Paco Supreme

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 168
  • One Trick Pony
« Reply #1765 on: July 02, 2018, 07:16:57 PM »
I had a set of park burners, back then they were the only conical you could get under 60mm I think, they were Trujillo pros and had them for maybe a month before I changed over to manderson sfws when they came out. Felt sluggish and didn’t slide

Xen

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1766 on: July 02, 2018, 08:46:05 PM »
I had a set of park burners, back then they were the only conical you could get under 60mm I think, they were Trujillo pros and had them for maybe a month before I changed over to manderson sfws when they came out. Felt sluggish and didn’t slide

Rode them once, they were the skidmark colorway

They were horrible, slow, didn't slide and flatted within a week (park only); I think back then 'Park Burner' meant conical as Paco stated but that was it, regular old F1 thane.

Trashcon

« Reply #1767 on: July 05, 2018, 02:25:53 AM »
Looking to get the lock in's anyone care to recommend them or give feedback? much appreciated.

Firebert

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -39
    • WEEKEND skateboards
« Reply #1768 on: July 05, 2018, 07:02:14 AM »
Looking to get the lock in's anyone care to recommend them or give feedback? much appreciated.
I have both the 99 and 101 in 53mm - I love em both, it inspired me to get back to grinding round rails, but like what was said above, they lock in when skating transition too, so keep that in mind.
I've hated immigrants ever since I got here.

Not Local

• Rep: 10
« Reply #1769 on: July 05, 2018, 08:24:40 AM »

Park burners and Street burners referenced the euro not the shape. Park were 98 and Street were harder. I really liked the feel of them but they did not last.
« Last Edit: July 05, 2018, 08:26:28 AM by Not Local »