Author Topic: b e r l i n  (Read 21890 times)

s a d e

b e r l i n
« on: February 27, 2013, 05:38:15 AM »
For the German Slap community or others familiar with the area,

Dieses Freitag fliege ich nach Berlin weil, ich ein 'Goethe Institute Deutsch Sprechen Klasse' nehmen muss. Ich denke dass, ich in der Nahe von 'Viktoria Park' wohne und ich werde dort von Marz 1st bis April 1st sein (entschuldigen fur mein Deutsch, ich kann nur ein bisschen sprechen).

know any spots, parks, or skateshops? I realized checking my board on an international flight would be $100 so I'm just going to pack my trucks and get a board there.

pica

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -36
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
Re: b e r l i n
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2013, 08:59:15 AM »
good ledges at "warschauer strasse", well known spot at "wassertorplatz". check "search and destroy" skatehshop in kreuzberg. skatepark at hasenheide and  a good indoor park at warschauer strasse as well. besides that you can skate at certain times at the "baustelle" ask locals what time they suggest. many small spots all over the city, there is a spotmap somewhere on the internet that works pretty well, but somehow i cannot find it at the moment. get wasted at the "franken" or if you wanna dance with some models go to the "cookies" or the "berghain", good luck with the door policy.

edit: found the spot map

http://www.skhateyou.com/spots/Berlin/berlin.html
« Last Edit: February 27, 2013, 09:35:41 AM by pica »

s a d e

« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2013, 11:25:22 AM »
whoa that map is awesome. thanks

Bloody Matt

• Rep: -41
« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2013, 12:19:11 PM »
Get a bicycle. Skating from point A to point B is near impossible.

ciaran

• Rep: 22
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2013, 04:28:35 PM »
+1 on getting a bike.  Best way to get around and understand the city. 

sexualhelon

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 19
  • I'm an ardent supporter of futile causes.
    • Lurkaround avatar image
« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2013, 06:26:39 PM »
Flying into Berlin for a few days - maybe more? - on April 28th. Meeting up with some NYC homies so we're definitely trying to rage it in a good way - lots of skating and lots of brews. I've got a few friends over there but if there are any Pals who are keen to meet up and skate, grab beers, or just in general show us around that would be rad!

dude

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 5
« Reply #6 on: March 18, 2013, 05:21:41 PM »
On the corner of Weibestrasse and Kaiserin-Augusta Allee is a little park/playground with these wavy bumps that has to be one the funnest spots I've ever skated in my life. To be specific, I believe its in Charlottenburg and you'll want to get off the U-Bahn at Meirendorffplatz. It's a bit of walk/skate, but well worth it.

Billy skates it at 3:00
billy marks - ride the sky (original)

RECK

• Rep: 2
« Reply #7 on: December 06, 2013, 09:27:04 AM »

I moved to berlin about 7 weeks ago no and am looking for some heads to skate with. Ideally other than skatehalle i need to know some good undercover spots.

AsianVegan

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 95
« Reply #8 on: December 17, 2013, 08:33:30 PM »
This deserves to go where more people will see it, but I hope it gets you hyped.
The Panoramic Series - Berlin with Jan Kliewer

ohhyess

• Rep: -43
« Reply #9 on: January 27, 2014, 12:13:50 PM »
Whats up with some bros from the Bavarian/Nurnberg area of Germany? Lets meet up and skate this summer! Maybe Spittler or Furth Park?

vhsshv

• Rep: 0
« Reply #10 on: March 10, 2014, 12:44:15 PM »

I moved to berlin about 7 weeks ago no and am looking for some heads to skate with. Ideally other than skatehalle i need to know some good undercover spots.

http://skhateyou.com/spots/Berlin/berlin.html

Fuck yeah, it's spring!

botefdunn

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 684
« Reply #11 on: March 10, 2014, 01:00:28 PM »
I realized checking my board on an international flight would be $100 so I'm just going to pack my trucks and get a board there.

no need to check it, I always take mine w/ extra decks as a carry-on and just stick it in the overhead bin. Never had a problem on international or domestic flights

SodaJerk

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1085
  • Butterscotch yo!
« Reply #12 on: August 06, 2014, 04:59:05 AM »
I'm going to Berlin for the first time on the 1st of September. I'm travelling with a friend and we're staying 3 nights before going on our annual Copenhagen trip. What I'm hoping for is a suggestion regarding which area/s would be most convenient or central for first time visitors like ourselves. We're not expecting to skate that much as we will do a lot of that in Copenhagen so looking for a slice of Berlin culture and a brief intro to the city.

Candygirl

• Rep: -4
« Reply #13 on: August 11, 2014, 06:52:59 AM »
Try to stick with Friedrichshain, Kreuzberg and Neuk?lln for partying. When your at the B?nkespot it shouldn't be to hard to find you way around. Just ask the non-tourist skaters over there. Prenzlauer Berg is nice as well (my girlfriend lives there 8)).

When exactly will you be in CPH? That's where I live. I will be in NYC in late August, but might be back in time to met a up with some PALS.

SodaJerk

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1085
  • Butterscotch yo!
« Reply #14 on: September 03, 2014, 03:00:21 AM »
Try to stick with Friedrichshain, Kreuzberg and Neuk?lln for partying. When your at the B?nkespot it shouldn't be to hard to find you way around. Just ask the non-tourist skaters over there. Prenzlauer Berg is nice as well (my girlfriend lives there 8)).

When exactly will you be in CPH? That's where I live. I will be in NYC in late August, but might be back in time to met a up with some PALS.
We're in Berlin right now and fly to CPH tomorrow morning to stay until monday. Would be rad to have a skate.

Candygirl

• Rep: -4
« Reply #15 on: September 03, 2014, 04:21:02 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]
We're in Berlin right now and fly to CPH tomorrow morning to stay until monday. Would be rad to have a skate.

You are lucky with the weather. I have to study and to work, but will be available on Saturday. You might be hungover by then, but if you want we can meet up and skate.
Do you know in which part of the city you will stay?

Tufty

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -26
« Reply #16 on: April 02, 2015, 06:26:07 AM »
 I am visiting Berlin with girlfriend in mid June, for a week.

I am definetely visiting Tempelhof skate plaza and gleisdreieck bumps. Is there any other spot - park worth visiting?

Is it easy to transport through the city with a bike (girlfriend) - Skateboard (me) combo?

Do u have anything skate or non skate thing to recommend to a visitor, apart from the obvious tourist things?

RAGEQUIT

• Rep: -2
« Reply #17 on: April 02, 2015, 07:26:56 AM »
Just for your information: Baenkespot Area at Warschauer Str. is a under construction at the moment and hopefully it will skateable again but i doubt it.

pica

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -36
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #18 on: April 02, 2015, 11:11:32 AM »
I am visiting Berlin with girlfriend in mid June, for a week.

I am definetely visiting Tempelhof skate plaza and gleisdreieck bumps. Is there any other spot - park worth visiting?

Is it easy to transport through the city with a bike (girlfriend) - Skateboard (me) combo?

Do u have anything skate or non skate thing to recommend to a visitor, apart from the obvious tourist things?

berlin has the worst flat for cruising around. i'd get two bikes.

Bloody Matt

• Rep: -41
« Reply #19 on: April 02, 2015, 12:24:28 PM »
Get a bicycle. Skating from point A to point B is near impossible.

Jares

« Reply #20 on: April 03, 2015, 01:15:29 AM »
Anybody down for a skate meet up on the 11th of this month. I live in Leipzig and I want to lurk Berlin for a couple of days of skating and maybe do a bit of filming (VX-1000). I think I'm going to bring my bike, as taking the bus and renting a bike would be the same as just taking reg-bahn. This is, if the weather is chill. If anyone is keen, hit me back.

YoungJanitor

« Reply #21 on: May 10, 2015, 08:50:27 AM »
In Berlin now, down to skate prettymuch anything. I've been wondering around the spots but some homies to crack few brews with woldn't hurt. Anytime anywhere. Leaving the 14th day.

Felix Baillet

« Reply #22 on: July 26, 2015, 09:30:59 AM »
I'm coming to Berlin in august to visit the Krak team and I need to know where I can cheaply rent a bike. Can locals help me?

vitunvesa

• Rep: 2
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #23 on: July 27, 2015, 12:08:29 PM »
there's bike rentals everywhere...it's usually 10€ / day.

http://berlin.fattirebiketours.com/ This is near alexanderplatz....
eat like a bird and drink like a whale

Felix Baillet

« Reply #24 on: July 28, 2015, 03:16:23 AM »
there's bike rentals everywhere...it's usually 10€ / day.

http://berlin.fattirebiketours.com/ This is near alexanderplatz....

All right, danke schön!

Aatila

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -305
« Reply #25 on: August 20, 2015, 04:12:24 PM »
I'm going to Berlin for the first time on the 1st of September. I'm travelling with a friend and we're staying 3 nights before going on our annual Copenhagen trip. What I'm hoping for is a suggestion regarding which area/s would be most convenient or central for first time visitors like ourselves. We're not expecting to skate that much as we will do a lot of that in Copenhagen so looking for a slice of Berlin culture and a brief intro to the city.
i might see you out there.  Im flying out on the 28th but leaving to paris a few days after.

posguy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -54
« Reply #26 on: February 04, 2016, 02:49:01 PM »
might be heading out to Germany towards the end of the year. How's the weather in August/October? Worth bringing a board?

somethingmustbreaknow

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 477
« Reply #27 on: February 04, 2016, 03:11:45 PM »
yes.

DirtyCheddarKids

• Rep: 41
« Reply #28 on: February 04, 2016, 03:12:33 PM »
Aug - Oct is pretty much the best time of the year in Berlin.
Quote from: Uncle Flea
4 shoes is impressive AF. I could barely sell drugs.

BBQStreisand

• Rep: -7
« Reply #29 on: February 04, 2016, 04:40:28 PM »
might be heading out to Germany towards the end of the year. How's the weather in August/October? Worth bringing a board?

it's usually perfect then. shoot me a PM if you need any recommendations