Author Topic: la/orange county area. padless parks.  (Read 1192 times)

hamburglar

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 14
la/orange county area. padless parks.
« on: February 28, 2013, 08:32:52 AM »
what are some of the better (non-pad) parks around the la/orange county area? (for someone that skates anything relatively low impact)

in a few days i will be admitted into a drug rehab after 9 years of daily opiate abuse. (after a botched large intestine removal and poorly placed bone graft during reconstructive shoulder surgery).

after detox, the rehab is down to bring me to skate parks. if anyone has been to house park in austin tx you have an idea of what i am talking about.. big outdoor cement parks with room to skate fast.
i appreciate any input.

BRIX SKWIKZ

Re: la/orange county area. padless parks.
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2013, 09:19:57 AM »
LET IT ALL OUT

zoltan

« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2013, 10:08:40 AM »
might as well just throw on a helmet and go to etnies skatepark in lake forrest. its huge and mostly transition

maggotspawn

• Rep: 4
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2013, 01:49:08 PM »
Venice. Padless and fun as Hell.

hamburglar

• Rep: 14
« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2013, 05:47:47 AM »
thanks dudes.
appreciated.

if you spot a tall/skinny creep at your local park with a buzzed head doing no complies and front grinds come say whats up.

emmetjenks

« Reply #5 on: March 09, 2013, 11:27:16 PM »
might as well just throw on a helmet and go to etnies skatepark in lake forrest. its huge and mostly transition

I was just at this park today, it's really fucking fun.

Shredsledder

« Reply #6 on: March 09, 2013, 11:37:37 PM »
good luck staying clean man. I've been working at a shelter, and it seems like half of the dudes who are addicted to dope got started on it by getting prescribed some opiates by a doctor, pretty strange situation if you ask me.

stoner park is fun but it's always a weird scene.

JABRONI

• Rep: 43
« Reply #7 on: March 20, 2013, 10:31:51 AM »
good luck staying clean man. I've been working at a shelter, and it seems like half of the dudes who are addicted to dope got started on it by getting prescribed some opiates by a doctor, pretty strange situation if you ask me.

how so?
Ah, greetings, greetings, and salutations. I beg your forgiveness. My tardiness was unavoidable. Rava, my love. Elaine, my dear friend.. And you must be Jerry. Lord of the manor. Ah, my liege. A pleasure to serve you.

David Puddy

• Rep: -1
« Reply #8 on: March 20, 2013, 10:40:37 AM »

Yes please explain, I used to go there every day before I moved away for college, and it was perfect ever single time.

escapistfool

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 6
« Reply #9 on: March 20, 2013, 11:47:54 AM »
Stoner has no vibing whatsoever. It's actually pretty friendly, and I'm not a local there.

Congratulations on your big change man. I've got mad hope for you. Good luck buddy and shred it all out!

shone237

« Reply #10 on: March 20, 2013, 12:03:46 PM »
stoner only gets weird after 4 when its over run with packs of tweensters trying to show off. Every other time it's fucking gold. If you go on a weekday before 2 you are almost guaranteed to skate the park almost alone with a couple local pro's. Can't hate on that shit. Weekend mornings bring out the typical old man sessions. That's where I be at.

_aminal

• Rep: -8
  • win some, lose most.
« Reply #11 on: March 20, 2013, 12:48:59 PM »
la/o sizzle is fucking huge and my knowledge of the oc is limited...

goto:
ayala park
venice park
duarte park [pads not enforced, weird locals]
monrovia park [pads not enforced.. possible policing?]

stoner is slippery and does not involve big tranny or going fast. no vibing unless its someone who isnt a stoner loc.

anyway, congrats on cleaning up! good luck keeping it straight

Ed's impossibles are like gonzs kickflips....