Author Topic: How many shoes is too many shoes?  (Read 4432 times)

360 frip

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -65505
  • -65 G 4 RYFE
How many shoes is too many shoes?
« on: March 04, 2013, 02:21:42 AM »
Hi. My name's 360 Frip.

I'm a shoe whore.

I had it under control for a year.

Now, it is getting to be a small problem.

I think I have bought about 7 or so pairs in the last two/three months.

KA1s, dunks, G6 X2, Supra Williams, Nike Court SBs and some Half-Cab Pros (which were just too cheap and were just a short term fix).

Wondering how bad some of you are out there?

(to make myself feel better...) :-[
"I DON'T WANT TO BELONG TO ANY CLUB THAT WILL ACCEPT PEOPLE LIKE ME AS A MEMBER." Groucho

"Sorry 360 frip, you are banned from using this forum!" HATE

finknoos

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -170
  • Typos here there and everywhere
Re: How many shoes is too many shoes?
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2013, 02:26:14 AM »
Im pretty bad, total ive got about thirty pairs of shoes.

About %80 skate shoes, some of which are fucked but i cant bring myself to throw them away, so i use them for occasions where "old shoes" are good like painting or muddy shit. Slap seriously doesnt help with the shoe threads, just makes me want more and if i can afford them... ill probably get them

nylin

« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2013, 02:28:07 AM »
I have over 50 pairs of shoes at the moment and theres seriously only like 5 different models. I never throw away any of my old Lakais ie: OG Manchesters, Howard 4's, Marianos. Most of my shoes are skated to shit but every once in a while I'll pull an old pair out and skate them for a day. Pretty much have like 30 pairs of Lakais and 20 pairs of Adidas. I never need shoes but when I see some shoes I like I have to buy them by any means necessary.

360 frip

• SLAP Pal
  • -65 G 4 RYFE
« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2013, 02:30:57 AM »
I have over 50 pairs of shoes at the moment and theres seriously only like 5 different models. I never throw away any of my old Lakais ie: OG Manchesters, Howard 4's, Marianos. Most of my shoes are skated to shit but every once in a while I'll pull an old pair out and skate them for a day. Pretty much have like 30 pairs of Lakais and 20 pairs of Adidas. I never need shoes but when I see some shoes I like I have to buy them by any means necessary.

You sir, are an incurable shoe whore.
"I DON'T WANT TO BELONG TO ANY CLUB THAT WILL ACCEPT PEOPLE LIKE ME AS A MEMBER." Groucho

360 frip

• SLAP Pal
  • -65 G 4 RYFE
« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2013, 02:34:24 AM »
Im pretty bad, total ive got about thirty pairs of shoes.

About %80 skate shoes, some of which are fucked but i cant bring myself to throw them away, so i use them for occasions where "old shoes" are good like painting or muddy shit. Slap seriously doesnt help with the shoe threads, just makes me want more and if i can afford them... ill probably get them

Spoken like a true whore!

I need to throw shoes away, due to space and to make myself feel better.

Last year I was studying for a year, so I managed to keep it in check. Then, you get some money and... The shoe-whoring begins!

the snake

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 348
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #5 on: March 04, 2013, 02:34:32 AM »
3 shoes is too much, only have 2 feet hahahaha

nylin

« Reply #6 on: March 04, 2013, 02:35:11 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

You sir, are an incurable shoe whore.

I am who I am.

360 frip

• SLAP Pal
  • -65 G 4 RYFE
« Reply #7 on: March 04, 2013, 02:35:50 AM »

No place here boy. Move along.

Spike Hawke

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 30
« Reply #8 on: March 04, 2013, 02:44:01 AM »
I definately still have "the urge", but have managed to keep it in check after having a sprog. But I've still got to many to justify. Plus when I see trainers for my kid that are rad I cant resist. Hes only 3 but he has about 6 pairs. The shoe whores that buy them and box them and vacum pack 'em, I dont get.

wuust

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -26
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #9 on: March 04, 2013, 03:08:48 AM »
i have way to many.. boxed, all meant to wear at some point. Always have that feelin that if i wear them, they'll get ruined and i can't get them again. (unless they are carry overs.)

the snake

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 348
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #10 on: March 04, 2013, 03:11:53 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

No place here boy. Move along.
you should try these

Paco Supreme

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 525
  • One Trick Pony
« Reply #11 on: March 04, 2013, 03:31:17 AM »
well over 30, i went through a phase of buying shoes with every paycheck, stacked up, i have a dozen pairs of the same colourway era pros, oops. its hard for me too find my size in shops anyway

360 frip

• SLAP Pal
  • -65 G 4 RYFE
« Reply #12 on: March 04, 2013, 05:06:47 AM »
I definately still have "the urge", but have managed to keep it in check after having a sprog. But I've still got to many to justify. Plus when I see trainers for my kid that are rad I cant resist. Hes only 3 but he has about 6 pairs. The shoe whores that buy them and box them and vacum pack 'em, I dont get.

Suppressed shoe-whore. Kid gets older 12-13. Habit kicks back in.

They aren't shoe whores. A shoe whore wears their wares. A packer/seller is worthy of pity.

360 frip

• SLAP Pal
  • -65 G 4 RYFE
« Reply #13 on: March 04, 2013, 05:09:37 AM »
i have way to many.. boxed, all meant to wear at some point. Always have that feelin that if i wear them, they'll get ruined and i can't get them again. (unless they are carry overs.)

Haha. Borderline mental illness. So good. ;D

360 frip

• SLAP Pal
  • -65 G 4 RYFE
« Reply #14 on: March 04, 2013, 05:12:01 AM »
well over 30, i went through a phase of buying shoes with every paycheck, stacked up, i have a dozen pairs of the same colourway era pros, oops. its hard for me too find my size in shops anyway

Yep, but if you have 30 pairs of shoes, do you need to look? Don't answer. You're a whore. Sorry.

360 frip

• SLAP Pal
  • -65 G 4 RYFE
« Reply #15 on: March 04, 2013, 05:27:00 AM »
15 + for me. I plan to skate almost all of them, though.

Yeah me too. Still, that's 2 years worth of skating (quite a lot) without buying more shoes in that time frame.

Whore in slight denial.

The Donger

• Rep: -63
« Reply #16 on: March 04, 2013, 07:51:09 AM »
Would like to see some pics of Bubblegum Tates collection.

Omamori

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -128
« Reply #17 on: March 04, 2013, 09:31:18 AM »
^^^
He probably has a room dedicated to his shoes.

I've been buying a lot of shoes the past year. Besides some Rowley colorways, Im done for awhile.

Gravis filters x5
Gravis Arto x2
Gravis Dylan vulc x2
Gravis Dylan dress shoe
eS Accel x2
Lakai Rick (the "DC" model)
Nike Dunks
Nike Zoom Team Edition (I don't know why I still have both Nike's, never wear them)
Vans Rowley classic re-release x2
Vans Rowley Shambles
Two pair of eS shoes, one from the 90's and another from the early 2000's
Emerica Hsu 2 (skate shoe)
Then running, work and a outdoor shoe

Frosty178

• Rep: 6
« Reply #18 on: March 04, 2013, 10:08:00 AM »
I just took delivery of some cons cts this morning. First pair of cons, already want more.

I've got at least a different pair for everyday of the month if I felt that way inclined. Probably more.

Expand Quote

[close]

Haha. Borderline mental illness. So good. ;D

I am definately on that borderline. I've got some Vans sk8 hi Gorilla Biscuits in a box because I'm scared I'll ruin the colours. Lame.

Zurg

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 694
« Reply #19 on: March 04, 2013, 10:24:50 AM »
im around the 20 mark. i always buy shoes thinking ill skate them, but end up sticking with my blazers. i dont really get much skate wear. i thought it was cuz i couldnt kickflip well, but now i can and still dont get the wear. ive only calmed down on my whoring cuz im not pulling in much money

Mr. Kamikazi

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -116
  • 1,2,3,4, tell the people what she wore...
« Reply #20 on: March 04, 2013, 11:58:09 AM »
Fifty plus. A lot in the box. Nike SB's I wont ever wear. I worked at a skate shop sometime ago and was paid in product. I hope to resell some of them in the years to come. For myself, I have a ton of vans classics and some black and white Janoski mids and lows. I am to the point though where I buy the same model, only in black and white. I cannot mess around with color. It sounds crazy but that is how it is.

DeputyDoses

• Rep: 4
  • I look like Mel Gibson
« Reply #21 on: March 04, 2013, 01:44:34 PM »
Past skated shoes that I still have? -jesus christ monkey balls... I'd say at least 40-50 pairs that I still have in my closet. At least 15 pairs are from Emerica. And I threw out at least 20 pairs a couple months back, donated ones that were still usuable.

I have around a dozen shoes in rotation that I use regularly. SB dunk lows, Trapasso 2s (currently skating), reynolds cruisers (fusion), Pappalardos, sk8-lows, CTS low, etc. The Brooks Ghost 5 for work, I'm not keen on running shoes, but these are dope.

Then there are some shoes that I use once in a while, probably around five pairs - chukka lows, sea stars, etc. They're all unskated, I just use them occasionally.

And I'm sleeping on at least six shoes, maybe more, only wore them to try them on - mostly CONS, Vans, and Emerica. I can't remember all of them right now. But most are going to be skated eventually.

-I think that it'll only get to be "too much" when it starts running you life or you're broke as fuck. Either way. It just feels fuckin GREAT to geek out on some shoes.
« Last Edit: March 05, 2013, 03:58:02 PM by DeputyDoses »

paraquat

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 199
« Reply #22 on: March 04, 2013, 05:39:25 PM »
Hi my name is paraquat, and I am an up and coming shoe whore. It started slowly when I got a good job. I made more money and figured I could afford some stuff finally, so why not splurge. Since August 2012 I have bought 2 pairs of g-codes, HUF southerns, HUF pros, two half cabs, and a pair of G6s. I am also becoming a hat whore, a blank t-shirt whore, and a button up whore, but that's another thread all together.
« Last Edit: March 04, 2013, 07:13:14 PM by paraquat »

Morty Seinfeld

« Reply #23 on: March 04, 2013, 05:44:51 PM »
6 pairs of Filters
2 pairs of Filter Duro's
5 pairs of Dylan vulcs
2 pairs of Dylan dress shoes
1 pair of Busenitz
2 pairs of Old Skools
2 pairs of Authentics.

20 pairs total. I intend to keep buying more and more Gravis until I am stockpiled for a good two years.

SKATE DAD

• Rep: 5
« Reply #24 on: March 04, 2013, 06:33:53 PM »
I just get them when I need them. But a need for me is a want in others minds. I feel like if there is something in the shop thats my size I nerd out about it and try to convince myself to buy them. I'm wierd with that. Boards too. If there is a graphic I really like or a good shape or something I buy it (planning to use it when I need to) and it just sits in my room for months with all the others.. Thats worse for me than shoes. I just always find a reason, or excuse for myself to get everything I like.

hekkahyphy

« Reply #25 on: March 04, 2013, 06:51:03 PM »
dam jus counted my shoes and i thought i was a whore! yall got it bad!

nvm forgot the ones under my bed =(

360 frip

• SLAP Pal
  • -65 G 4 RYFE
« Reply #26 on: March 04, 2013, 08:05:55 PM »
This thread is making me feel a bit better.

40 to 50 pairs is crazy!

I can't do the rotation thing. Faithful until they are done. Kind of like a deck.

Also can't be having old skated out shoes messing up the stable.

Wonder what percentage of us have some kind of obsessive compulsive disorder?

Me, I'm fine though.

paraquat

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 199
« Reply #27 on: March 04, 2013, 08:08:11 PM »
This thread is making me feel a bit better.

40 to 50 pairs is crazy!

I can't do the rotation thing. Faithful until they are done. Kind of like a deck.

Also can't be having old skated out shoes messing up the stable.

Wonder what percentage of us have some kind of obsessive compulsive disorder?

Me, I'm fine though.

I always rock my skated out kicks with no socks to the swimming hole or to the bar on a hot summer night. Usually until my wife makes me keep them outside.

bbk

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 278
  • Dopeness
« Reply #28 on: March 05, 2013, 12:08:41 AM »
I almost only get shoes that I would want to skate, I throw them away when their done and I sell/give away when thet don't fit right...

I currently own about around 30-40 pairs

ontheswarm

« Reply #29 on: March 05, 2013, 12:30:28 AM »
I almost only get shoes that I would want to skate, I throw them away when their done and I sell/give away when thet don't fit right...

I currently own about around 30-40 pairs
Same way. Working at a skate shop and getting discounts on shoes makes it a lot harder. I probably own about 20 or 25 right now.