Author Topic: Vans Stage 4  (Read 1219 times)

flapdragon

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -1
Vans Stage 4
« on: March 03, 2013, 12:17:08 PM »
I've been looking at these for a while, but I'm not sure if i should go for them, I was thinking about getting tnt 5's, or the Reynolds Cruisers instead but i cant make up my mind, anyone skated a pair of the Stage 4's?

ZEBRA

Re: Vans Stage 4
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2013, 09:05:01 PM »
I personally like them. Very durable. That's just me though.

I've always wondered why a company didn't do this sooner, so when Vans came out with the Wafflecup, I was all over it. I was halfway through my 1st pair when I tore my ACL and meniscus in my knee, so I'll finish skating them when I'm back on the board this summer and I'll really know how long they'll last. Also got a pair on ice.

Hears a review from WearTested.....

http://www.weartested.com/vans-stage-4-review/

Deekay

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 125
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2013, 01:45:04 AM »
I cant really tell you anything about durability, but I got a pair of mids a while ago that Ive just been walking around the house in and they seem great. Quality is good, shape is great and they look awesome. The heel seems a little stiff at first though but I have babyskin back there so I have that problem with alot of shoes. Nothing some duct tape cant solve.

Mr. Kamikazi

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -114
  • 1,2,3,4, tell the people what she wore...
« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2013, 05:58:32 AM »
Definitely an interesting shoe. I bought a couple pairs of stage 4 Pfanner's and Crockett's and overall they were decent. However, I have come to the conclusion that from now on, I will be only skating the classics versus Vans new shoes. One thing that drove me nuts about the Stage 4's was the lack of breathability. I understand that when you skate, naturally your feet sweat. However, with the Stage 4's, after one day of skating, your feet are completely soaked and the shoe itself become satined with sweat and just makes the shoe look awful. This may not be a valid complaint for some but for me it was a done deal. For cushioning, great, board feel, decent, but breathability, not at all. I would say if this is a concern of your's, try the lows before the highs. I'm happy to see Vans trying new things but I will be sticking to the Classics.

Camp Grunge

• Rep: -7
« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2013, 06:07:02 AM »
I had a pair of the crockett's and thought they were pretty good. The heel part feels more supportive than regular vans but they definitely feel more like a vulc than cupsole. There's also rubber under the suede, or at least my pair did, so that helps durability. They're worth a try

The Donger

• Rep: -63
« Reply #5 on: March 04, 2013, 07:47:23 AM »
Got a pair in the Chima colorway. Really comfortable for Vans, especially with the Koston insole, fits a little more snug. Got them for chilling not skating. Not going to be better than my kostons, reynolds3, or muska skytops so why bother.

IanBZHD

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 55
« Reply #6 on: March 04, 2013, 07:52:23 AM »
Had the Gilber Grey's, first time ever wore them i skated em and i completely sweated out the toe cap, so after that there were salt stains all over from the sweat. So basically you cant wear them as nice shoes after that cuz they look like shit.

They skated pretty good overall, but the insoles are kinda hard and hurt my feet. I didnt really see the function of the "cupsole" aspect of it. Also, i feel like the waffle grip wore down faster then the classics do, and i never go through vans soles.

So, they're good and they're not gonna rip because there is no paneling, but i probably wont be getting another pair. 

DeputyDoses

• Rep: 4
  • I look like Mel Gibson
« Reply #7 on: March 04, 2013, 02:00:49 PM »
They look nice and solid. I don't really expect the wafflecup cushioning to blow my fuckin socks off though.
I'm getting the black/gum Allen editions from the local shop soon.

All of these damn sweat stories are scaring me away from other colors.

And yes, my feet sweat enough as it is. I don't need bitches out in the streets asking why my shoes are all mis-colored and salty.

wisdom teeth

• Rep: 10
« Reply #8 on: March 04, 2013, 05:06:38 PM »
I dunno I had a pair of the crocketts and I never sweat through the things. 

Board-feel was sick, and they skated really well, but the grip didn't outlast any other pair of vans I've had, which means it didn't last long.  Mine didn't have a rubber toe cap underneath the suede, which would have been nice, because the suede ripped on one of my first sessions... nothing a little duct tape or shoe-goo can't fix.  The insole wasn't great but I always just swap out insoles anyway.

I'd recommend them but not for full price, as they are a bit expensive at retail.

tom

• Rep: 5
« Reply #9 on: March 04, 2013, 05:24:25 PM »
buy them, they're awesome. i didn't have any problems with sweat.
i cant believe rusty bearings is a real person

The Nose Face

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 8
« Reply #10 on: March 05, 2013, 01:23:51 PM »