Author Topic: Perpetual Motion 25?  (Read 16157 times)

shouldn't

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 73
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
Re: Perpetual Motion 25?
« Reply #90 on: April 13, 2013, 02:00:26 PM »
Expand Quote
tosh cameo.
[close]

I think that may have been Josh Love? Anyone else confirm?
i still haven't seen it but, i'm guessing it was tosh love. he does a lot of switch flips.

imagine fucking the dog shit outta chris roberts

king_in_the_north

• Rep: 27
  • I'm not liquid john
« Reply #91 on: April 13, 2013, 07:07:03 PM »
Still in awe of that silas rail gap
also if you read my whole facebook timeline from back in 2007 then this will also prove that magic is real.

cant stop

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -76
  • It's all about tricks.
« Reply #92 on: April 18, 2013, 08:18:07 AM »
Is there any link out there?
You know what sucks? I always rip my pants when Im having a good time! - The Gonz

Monty Burns

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -324
  • Release the hounds
« Reply #93 on: April 18, 2013, 08:29:15 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
tosh cameo.
[close]

I think that may have been Josh Love? Anyone else confirm?
[close]
i still haven't seen it but, i'm guessing it was tosh love. he does a lot of switch flips.

Tosh cut his dreads along time ago

gatchaman

• Rep: -3
« Reply #94 on: April 18, 2013, 09:20:00 AM »
It was Tosh Townend in that montage. I checked the credits

Made In China

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 646
« Reply #95 on: April 18, 2013, 04:52:32 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Good overall with some serious tricks being thrown down throughout. Jimmy had my personal favorite part, the guy's impossibles, hardlfips, heelflips and double flips are amazing, plus his part was to starfucker which is a personal favourite of mine. Editing is kinda cheesy at times with a LOT of film burns speed ups and general corny shit like that, which can detract and become annoying. Some of the music also came across as plain/boring for a skate part, but not bad by any means. Also Silas and Julian went in, god damn.
[close]
WHAT WHICH ONE I NEED TO KNOW
[close]
"Rawnald Gregory Erickson the Second". They extended the song for what felt like another minute which, for anyone who knows the song, felt unnatural.
That song is abd... by me haha. I used that song for a shitty flip montage over a year ago. Now I'm a little more hyped to see this video though!

Lenny the Fatface

« Reply #96 on: April 18, 2013, 08:20:25 PM »
I watched it a few hours ago

All the gay editing that used to plague those late 2000's transworld vids was gone only to be overshadowed by Walker Ryan skating to the most inappropriate song since Eli Reed's "Taking Care of Business" fuck up.

Other than that Jamie Thomas' tree wallie was sick as fuck and Sean Malto's switch flip should have been in Pretty Sweet.

peewee

« Reply #97 on: April 18, 2013, 09:27:41 PM »

All the gay editing that used to plague those late 2000's transworld vids was gone only to be overshadowed by Walker Ryan skating to the most inappropriate song since Eli Reed's "Taking Care of Business" fuck up.

Other than that Jamie Thomas' tree wallie was sick as fuck and Sean Malto's switch flip should have been in Pretty Sweet.

thank god im not the only one that hated that song

Box of Frogs

• Rep: 7
« Reply #98 on: April 18, 2013, 11:35:00 PM »
Overall a solid video. Everyone killed it but the video would be way better if Julian Davidsons part wasnt in it. Tom or Silas should have last part. Not that random whatever kid

Erica's boyfriend is stealing our erica and our dylan! fuck that guy!

The Ghost of Lenny Kirk

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -146
« Reply #99 on: April 19, 2013, 11:34:02 AM »
Besides "the silas trick", theres lots of little innovative things in the video. On the other hand theres a solid ammount of filler. You could easily cut 10 minutes out and it wouldve made this a really good transworld video.

i wish transworld could aspire to pick songs that were actually good and not just songs that "werent horrible". Dont these guys listen to music or watch good video parts? They must know how this comes off. Kids are impressionable idiots, but have some class. i dunno, i just get the vibe that transworld doesnt care because they know they dont have to work hard to sell the video or to promote their mag.

At first i thought the part order was dumb but then it makes sense because they want to promote julian davidson and walker ryan as the new guys who are going to be valuable to the mag in the next few years. Neither of them deserved it but it makes sense if you think about the moneymen involved. It is transworld.

Josh matthews and silas are getting repeat viewings.

Like everybody said, Silas' ender was super gnarly.Definitely some of the most innovative shit to go down ever. his whole part is filled with awesome little things and lines though. The whole thing deserves rewatches.

Josh matthews was the unexpected surprise, why is no one talking about his 3rd & army lines? Those were easily some of the most creative lines to go down there. That rail transfer line is probably the first time i ever saw anybody use that trick like that. But that song made me think of being in a grocery store. im really not sure what they were going for with that song.

Walker ryan is the definition of an average pro. i feel like you can always use this guys skating as s proxy for what the average pro is thinking. Nothing innovative, some marginally wacky spots get 5050ed or lipslid, wallies, token firehydrant trick in da city, normal manual combos, lots of played out spots, lots of played out new york spots; the whole part felt like it was a job he had to fulfill than something he put any thought into it. Im sure hes "grateful for the opportunity" or whatever but it felt a tad lifeless. I want to say that song sucks but honestly it fits his skating and the direction transworlds been heading in for the last few years.

Also, Julian davidson ollies a smoke stack and nosemanuals down a roof. If you guys thought that sucked youre probably stupid. The 5-0 down that huge white hubba was amazing. I wish his part had more of that stuff. 

sharkmango

• Rep: -10
« Reply #100 on: April 19, 2013, 01:01:03 PM »

Also, Nick Garcia ollies a smoke stack and nosemanuals down a roof. If you guys thought that sucked youre probably stupid. The 5-0 down that huge white hubba was amazing. I wish his part had more of that stuff. 

The Ghost of Lenny Kirk

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #101 on: April 19, 2013, 01:11:40 PM »
Eh, whatever, they look pretty much the same to me.

A.J.K.

« Reply #102 on: April 19, 2013, 01:24:40 PM »
Walker ryan is the definition of an average pro. i feel like you can always use this guys skating as s proxy for what the average pro is thinking. Nothing innovative, some marginally wacky spots get 5050ed or lipslid, wallies, token firehydrant trick in da city, normal manual combos, lots of played out spots, lots of played out new york spots; the whole part felt like it was a job he had to fulfill than something he put any thought into it. Im sure hes "grateful for the opportunity" or whatever but it felt a tad lifeless. I want to say that song sucks but honestly it fits his skating and the direction transworlds been heading in for the last few years.
I can sort of see what you mean, although I disagree.  I think he rips and is just as creative as anyone, if not more so.  He lacks all the unnecessary flair (whether it be how they dress or some trendy extracurricular activity) that lots of other pros rely on. 

Made In China

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 646
« Reply #103 on: April 19, 2013, 05:53:11 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
I can sort of see what you mean, although I disagree.?  I think he rips and is just as creative as anyone, if not more so.?  He lacks all the unnecessary flair (whether it be how they dress or some trendy extracurricular activity) that lots of other pros rely on.? 
That dude does switch flip back noseblunts and switch back 360s are you regular or just plain stupid

to lenny

OldieButFrenchie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 76
« Reply #104 on: April 20, 2013, 03:17:12 AM »
as a tranny-oriented old fart, I was waiting for Remillard's part and I was not disappointed. just awesome style, no flip tricks, perfect to get me psyched.
anybody know more about that loop at the beginning? I can't believe he half-made it and did not try again. and is that an NBD or what, did I miss something? I still cant believe how easy he makes it look in that rusty thing...

jrock92089

« Reply #105 on: April 20, 2013, 10:17:45 AM »
there is not going to be a link cause drm sucks balls but i just bought it and it was a really video every one had good parts but the music did bring it down a bit for me

Ronald Wilson Reagan

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -937
  • I own Malibu? I am going to fuck you.
« Reply #106 on: April 20, 2013, 10:34:38 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

thank god im not the only one that hated that song
You are a fucking idiot. That song is AMAZING, it just didn't fit well to his part. Damn shame really, because if used in a different part it could be great.
Are you a kook? If you would say this, the answer is “YES”
I quit skating for a time due to piling out

hekkahyphy

« Reply #107 on: April 20, 2013, 11:08:51 AM »
just watched it. I liked it. reminded me of the first time I watched bon appetite. I'm hyped sick vid

optimusXgrind

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 28
    • facebook avatar image
« Reply #108 on: April 20, 2013, 11:45:21 AM »
saw half of it before the deathwish video last night. the music wasnt as bad as i thought it was going to be. although it didnt really fit the skating. the skating itself was good. im not really a jimmy carlin fan, but his part was pretty good. definitely his best part. remillards part was sick as hell.

The Ghost of Lenny Kirk

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #109 on: April 20, 2013, 07:28:51 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
I can sort of see what you mean, although I disagree.?  I think he rips and is just as creative as anyone, if not more so.?  He lacks all the unnecessary flair (whether it be how they dress or some trendy extracurricular activity) that lots of other pros rely on.? 
[close]
That dude does switch flip back noseblunts and switch back 360s are you regular or just plain stupid

to lenny

i called him an average pro, not a terrible skater. im not talking about his clothes or his extracurricular activities, his lifestyle footage. im saying his aspirations are average and that makes him an average pro. he is as creative as most people, thats what makes him average. lots of people skate like him, pick spots like him, and think the same way he does. that doesnt make him terrible. if i thought he was terrible i wouldve just said that.

scorpion1001

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 40
  • All Hail Carroll
« Reply #110 on: April 20, 2013, 09:49:46 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

to lenny
[close]

i called him an average pro, not a terrible skater. im not talking about his clothes or his extracurricular activities, his lifestyle footage. im saying his aspirations are average and that makes him an average pro. he is as creative as most people, thats what makes him average. lots of people skate like him, pick spots like him, and think the same way he does. that doesnt make him terrible. if i thought he was terrible i wouldve just said that.
just take the L on this one.

Ronald Wilson Reagan

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #111 on: April 21, 2013, 10:57:43 AM »
If Walker Ryan's smooth-as-butter style were average, skateboard videos would be far more beautiful to witness.

vegan*shawn

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -416
  • listen to Jawbreaker
« Reply #112 on: April 21, 2013, 09:23:17 PM »
as a tranny-oriented old fart, I was waiting for Remillard's part and I was not disappointed. just awesome style, no flip tricks, perfect to get me psyched.
anybody know more about that loop at the beginning? I can't believe he half-made it and did not try again. and is that an NBD or what, did I miss something? I still cant believe how easy he makes it look in that rusty thing...

No Burnquist did one a few years back, but he was fully padded so not as cool. I think someone else did it as well but it is escaping my mind, so sick regardless!

Ronald Wilson Reagan

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #113 on: April 21, 2013, 11:14:28 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

No Burnquist did one a few years back, but he was fully padded so not as cool. I think someone else did it as well but it is escaping my mind, so sick regardless!
Mark "Red" Scott?
Hall Of Meat: Mark "Red" Scott
Or does a skatepark loop like that count in what you guys are talking about?

OldieButFrenchie

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #114 on: April 22, 2013, 12:54:16 AM »
yeah, I was thinking of a "natural" loop
I remember the Burnquist one on the cover of transworld, but I thought he hadn't landed it ?

ben shraider

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -264
« Reply #115 on: April 22, 2013, 01:14:59 AM »

OldieButFrenchie

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #116 on: April 22, 2013, 01:57:04 AM »
thanks! hadn't seen that one.
I was thinking of his attempt at Baldy

so I guess Remillard is casual about it cause it's not an NBD.....

heckler

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 475
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #117 on: April 22, 2013, 10:11:17 AM »
I can't imagine wanting to pump that much for more than 20 minutes.
Ha SLAP's resident libtard and NY pro cocksucker.

trebb

• Rep: -7
« Reply #118 on: April 22, 2013, 06:04:10 PM »
link would be radddd