Author Topic: Moving to Davis  (Read 3868 times)

AnotherHardDayAtTheOffice

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -8
Re: Moving to Davis
« Reply #30 on: September 30, 2014, 08:48:13 PM »
So I just moved to Davis. I'm still settling in and I don't know too many people yet. I'm just recovering from an ACL tear but should be able to skate again soonish. I already checked out the skatepark in Community Park (I live right across the street from it) and it looks strange and totally out of proportion.

If anyone wants to meet up, just shoot me a PM. I'll make sure to buy you a beer, too.

cool spot

• Rep: 28
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #31 on: October 02, 2014, 09:30:23 AM »
check the ledges at the rec pool, and skate campus a lot. famous spots, as well as super hidden gems.

anyone still skate the red up rail in the portables behind tercero?

JamesNtheGntPch

• Rep: 38
  • Philadelphia, PA
« Reply #32 on: October 02, 2014, 09:20:14 PM »
There is a fun wall ride tunnel on the bike trail by the whole foods I skated a little.  There are some plastic benches at the apartments across from the domes... stop by the domes sometime and say hello, the people are friendly.   The skatepark in the northern end of Davis is weird, but fun once you get used to it.

floop

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -28
  • the things I do for my fucking friends!
« Reply #33 on: October 02, 2014, 10:01:48 PM »
i hope you're studying brewing at UC Davis
"Every time I read one of your shitty posts I wonder why I am wasting my time looking at SLAP."

yungthug

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -36
« Reply #34 on: October 02, 2014, 10:06:14 PM »
On a somewhat related note, I was considering going to UC Davis to study film, but backed out at the last second to go to a state school to study for a desk job. I'm probably always going to wonder what could have been...