Author Topic: Suicide/Cutting/Self-harm Prevention  (Read 16699 times)

Simon Woodstock

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -35
    • Nowhere avatar image
Suicide/Cutting/Self-harm Prevention
« on: March 14, 2013, 11:03:55 PM »
If you are contemplating suicide, please don't do it. One of the reasons I come on here is that I care about you.

Please call this number if you are actively thinking about taking your life or are having a serious crisis. It's toll-free/no-charge and there are people there to help you out of those thoughts/situations.

24/7 Suicide and Crisis Hope Line (non-faith based)
1-800-273-8255

Additional resource:

Faith based 24 hr Prayer and Help line
1-800-759-0700

Here is the web link that supports these numbers

http://d2lrevolution.com/no-suicide-zone/

Hang in there. I contemplated suicide once a long time ago. I reached out for help. Things eventually got better. I'm glad I didn't do it.

-----Cutting and self harm help-------

Informative article: http://www.helpguide.org/mental/self_injury.htm

Non-triggering video
Self-harm: interview with a mental health worker (part 1)
« Last Edit: March 20, 2013, 01:20:12 PM by Simon Woodstock »

dillanharp

Re: Suicide Prevention
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2013, 11:10:09 PM »
Hey Simon, Thanks for putting out the national number. Not everyone wants to hear the god stuff.

Simon Woodstock

• Nowhere avatar image
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2013, 11:13:29 PM »
Hey Simon, Thanks for putting out the national number. Not everyone wants to hear the god stuff.

I hear ya. Just trying to help people out. Depression is a gnarley bear to contend with. Take care man.

wallieD

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -191
« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2013, 12:32:42 AM »

Beeda Weeda

« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2013, 05:53:39 AM »
simon, what are you trying to prove? nobody here gives afuck what you say, and everyone is aware of suicede hotlines.
fuck off.

Dontfearthereefer

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -232
  • Head kook
« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2013, 06:10:00 AM »

Smell Good

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 54
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #6 on: March 15, 2013, 08:05:16 AM »
Not gonna lie. I fantasize about killing myself all the time. I think I'm too much of a pussy to actually go through with it, but I'm telling you, if I someone gave me a gun, I don't think I'd be able to resist the impulse to shoot myself. It'd be too easy.

I can't be the only one who finds it really comforting?

I don't plan on killing myself mind you, I just fantasize about it a lot.

Seamus_McShamebag

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 855
« Reply #7 on: March 15, 2013, 08:37:10 AM »

Simon Woodstock

• Nowhere avatar image
« Reply #8 on: March 15, 2013, 08:42:49 AM »
Not gonna lie. I fantasize about killing myself all the time. I think I'm too much of a pussy to actually go through with it, but I'm telling you, if I someone gave me a gun, I don't think I'd be able to resist the impulse to shoot myself. It'd be too easy.

Those are known as passive thoughts of suicide. I think most people have them now and then. They are dangerous if they ever become active, such as one making serious detailed plans to take their life, etc. The number is here if you or your friends ever need it.

ROCKxADIO420

« Reply #9 on: March 15, 2013, 08:43:16 AM »
so i just call that toll free number and theyll help me commit suicide??

lol just kiddin, i know that i am gods temple and that gods spirit dwells in me, and that if i destroy gods temple then god will destroy my soul, for gods trmple is holy and i am that temple (corinthinas 3:16 lol)

???/
« Last Edit: March 15, 2013, 05:03:06 PM by ROCKxADIO420 »

L33Tg33k

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 701
  • F.A.P. - Forever Alone Party
« Reply #10 on: March 15, 2013, 09:20:12 AM »
I wrote an embarrassing paragraph about my suicidal tendencies then deleted it. Let's just say I feel bad.
Before you say the music sucked, have you considered shutting the fuck up?

Simon Woodstock

• Nowhere avatar image
« Reply #11 on: March 15, 2013, 12:04:59 PM »
I wrote an embarrassing paragraph about my suicidal tendencies then deleted it. Let's just say I feel bad.

If you are okay with me praying for you regarding that, I will. Just let me know.

Bobby Peru

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 615
    • Community Push avatar image
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #12 on: March 15, 2013, 12:45:57 PM »

I'm not praying for anybody but feel free to open up to the SLAP pals if you ever feel inclined. Depression and/or mental instability is nothing to be embarrassed about and can only do good to address.

Simon Woodstock

• Nowhere avatar image
« Reply #13 on: March 15, 2013, 01:11:52 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

I'm not praying for anybody but feel free to open up to the SLAP pals if you ever feel inclined. Depression and/or mental instability is nothing to be embarrassed about and can only do good to address.

Thanks, Bobby, for opening up additional options.

A thing that has been helpful for me in the past was to try to imagine what life would be like if my main problems were suddenly resolved, even if that seemed far fetched at that moment. I would keep my focus and hope on that idea and then intentionally work towards that goal. Life's complexities would then seem to clear up and unravel over time. Things eventually got better much faster than I had even thought and the darkness that was leading me to self-harm lifted. Sometimes a simple change from negative thinking to a positive mode of thinking can go a long way. Reaching out and talking with *trustworthy* people about the darkness I was experiencing was also key for my recovery.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2013, 01:17:35 PM by Simon Woodstock »

Bertie

• Rep: 65
« Reply #14 on: March 15, 2013, 01:15:37 PM »
Actually very good advice there.

BRIX SKWIKZ

« Reply #15 on: March 15, 2013, 01:54:58 PM »

Simon Woodstock

• Nowhere avatar image
« Reply #16 on: March 15, 2013, 02:31:09 PM »
Actually very good advice there.

It's the basic principle of Reframing ones thinking. A similar strategy is to realize that even a lot of the most serious problems in life are not flaring up for all 24 hrs in our daily lives. The key is for one to focus his/her thinking on the times throughout the day when the problem(s) are not negatively pressing. One can try to mentally live in those non-crisis moments as the moments morph into larger stretches of time and the problems begin to reduce. It's sort of a mental way of "buying time" for emotional healing to take place, thus giving a person strength to face the problems themselves. The darkness can then start to turn into light.

Personal problem solving is the goal as the problems are depression causing villains. There is encouragement and hope in that I have seen some of the most complex/negative/pressing issues be solved in people's lives with effort over time.

friendly dave

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 719
  • grinding to a halt
    • grindingtoahalt avatar image
« Reply #17 on: March 15, 2013, 07:30:25 PM »
Because you can't kill and idea, and we will not be ruled!

the visuals are also mad visual yo
FTW

Ccannon

• Rep: -23
« Reply #18 on: March 15, 2013, 08:18:48 PM »
I called and no one answered...Obviously this is some sort of scam!! Don't worry I won't contact the authorities as long as you give
me a slice of the applepie. Later we can dance and rub each other with sponges, calling out tot he lords above IROSHIABA! Is there anyway I could get your number??

Ronald Wilson Reagan

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -937
  • I own Malibu? I am going to fuck you.
« Reply #19 on: March 15, 2013, 08:34:25 PM »

Also, the clown is right. Don't kill yourself. Kill OTHER PEOPLE. You'll totally be famous, just like James Holmes or Dylan Klebold and Eric Harris! People will obsess over the music you listened to, the beautiful writing you've probably done, and your awesome paintings that somebody really needs to see. If you survive then you'll end up in jail, where all those problems you had on the outside will be a memory, you'll get free food and health care, and probably a lot of interesting and twisted fan mail.
Are you a kook? If you would say this, the answer is “YES”
I quit skating for a time due to piling out

BRIX SKWIKZ

« Reply #20 on: March 15, 2013, 09:15:19 PM »
I BET THERE ARE SOME LUNATICS LURKING OUT THERE WHO WILL TA KE YOU SERIOUSLY RONNIE :o

Simon Woodstock

• Nowhere avatar image
« Reply #21 on: March 15, 2013, 09:26:12 PM »
I called and no one answered...Obviously this is some sort of scam!! Don't worry I won't contact the authorities as long as you give
me a slice of the applepie. Later we can dance and rub each other with sponges, calling out tot he lords above IROSHIABA! Is there anyway I could get your number??

I just called the line and it is working fine. The nice lady said they have counselors answering phones 24 hrs a day 7 days a week.

Simon Woodstock

• Nowhere avatar image
« Reply #22 on: March 15, 2013, 09:28:34 PM »

Also, the clown is right. Don't kill yourself. Kill OTHER PEOPLE. You'll totally be famous, just like James Holmes or Dylan Klebold and Eric Harris! People will obsess over the music you listened to, the beautiful writing you've probably done, and your awesome paintings that somebody really needs to see. If you survive then you'll end up in jail, where all those problems you had on the outside will be a memory, you'll get free food and health care, and probably a lot of interesting and twisted fan mail.

Homicidal thoughts are obviously terrible as well. Those thinking of killing another person should call the numbers listed for help
« Last Edit: March 16, 2013, 10:11:24 AM by Simon Woodstock »

enzone

« Reply #23 on: March 15, 2013, 09:43:10 PM »
really, REALLY random thread.. but whatever helps, simon!

smokecrack

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -160
« Reply #24 on: March 15, 2013, 09:51:13 PM »

trust me, you're not. i've fantasized about leaving this earth and dreamt about the peace it would bring. i've always been curious about it, but i honestly was petrified about the consequences/reality of death as a kid. as an adult, i feel like it would be beautiful. regardless if i go into an infinite sleep-mode or land on Heaven's Gate or experience some other magickal, mystical reality/outcome, i know it'll be amazing. most people fear death or think about it in a negative light. it's comforting to look forward to the only thing we all have to face.

don't feel bad, man. i tried killing myself a few times as a teenager over some lame, high-school emo shit. i drank bleach, tried hanging myself and was at one point about to swallow a shitload of pills and call it a day. don't be embarrassed/ashamed about your pain. i've seen a few of your recent posts and i feel for you.

no matter how bad you think your situation is, know that it can get better.

dillanharp

« Reply #25 on: March 15, 2013, 10:37:44 PM »

YO LETS TRADE! I GOT THE NANDA PINATA BOARD. But really, you're the worst.

blackalbino

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 57
« Reply #26 on: March 16, 2013, 07:23:20 AM »
hey simon youre one of my favourite skaters so if theres anyone i wanna tell my problems to its to u. im 19, never been in a relation ship, have no friends, no sex life. i think i have tetanus and lockjaw and anemia. aparently girls think im very attractive butmaybe just cuz i skateboard because i dont know how to hold a conversation other than talk about myself and the boring things ive done. (one time a very nice and attractive girl was giving me 'signs' for a whole month in sumer school but since i cant pick up signs i blew that one). i dont think im gay snce when i see a nice ass i want to have sex with it and try my hardest to avoid rape fantasies. i have a voice inside my head that i rlly wana get rid of since i fear it will soon turn into two voices t hen multiply etc etc. i have an unhealthy obsession with hood culture videos and i think its really making me go insane. i do not watch any educational or uplifting content on youtube, only videos like this
Bloccs Projects & Ent Vol.2 DVD Intro Dedication to the Fallen Soldiers from Vol.1
crips day in brownsville rip lo 6loccs part1..da product dvd
im a huge fan of the editing style and content but
i fear its turning me into an autistic schizo wigger
people have told me i talk 'ghetto' and that concerns me as i was born into a white ffamily (although still poor)
also these are the only videos that bring joy into my life, and if i were to tell anyone i watch this kind of stuff on the daily and enjoy it
they would want nothing to do with me.. anyway
i see mental disorders in my near future and im not doing anything to help that
someone told me yoga is good for ur mind i might try it. but if i were to try the yoga i would have a dissonance with the lifetstyle portrayed in the videos i watch 24/7 and what is actually good for me. i am concerned!
i think the self-clap should be more socially acceptable

Nick

• Rep: 0
« Reply #27 on: March 16, 2013, 07:36:57 AM »
feel the dharma

Ccannon

• Rep: -23
« Reply #28 on: March 16, 2013, 07:56:45 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

I just called the line and it is working fine. The nice lady said they have counselors answering phones 24 hrs a day 7 days a week.

nah man aint workin

Dontfearthereefer

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -232
  • Head kook
« Reply #29 on: March 16, 2013, 07:58:14 AM »
anytime you're thinking of commiting, just think of all the awesome food like shorma and taco's and cheeseburgers you'd miss out on