Author Topic: Suicide/Cutting/Self-harm Prevention  (Read 16694 times)

Simon Woodstock

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -35
    • Nowhere avatar image
Re: Suicide Prevention
« Reply #60 on: March 18, 2013, 10:21:23 AM »
simon, what are you trying to prove? nobody here gives afuck what you say, and everyone is aware of suicede hotlines.
fuck off.

Just trying to help people, man.

Beer Keg Peg Leg

• SLAP Pal
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
Re: Suicide Prevention/Crisis Care
« Reply #61 on: March 18, 2013, 07:16:23 PM »
simon im gonna commit suicide unless you post a picture of your erect penis

SKATE DAD

• Rep: 5
« Reply #62 on: March 18, 2013, 07:28:27 PM »
simon, what are you trying to prove? nobody here gives afuck what you say, and everyone is aware of suicede hotlines.
fuck off.

Simon Woodstock

• Nowhere avatar image
« Reply #63 on: March 18, 2013, 08:43:52 PM »

happenstance

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 690
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #64 on: March 18, 2013, 09:03:04 PM »
Oh, and I always loved Jub because he came off as extremely stupid and willing to hurt himself in serious ways to make it as a pro. Never particularly talented, but him just rolling off of that ledge in label kills was hillariously awesome. He did some pretty big gaps too. He was like Jaws without all that talent getting in the way of his insanity.

I imagine Jub as a blacksmith or working in a slaughterhouse these days. Something manly. Although, I secretly hope he is an interior designer or kindergarden teacher.

brycickle

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 153
« Reply #65 on: March 18, 2013, 09:07:19 PM »
There's nothing un-manly about being a kindergarten teacher.

You and the D00D have turned this thread into a horrible head-on-collision between a short bus full of regular kids and a van full of paraplegics.

oyolar

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 380
« Reply #66 on: March 18, 2013, 09:33:50 PM »
?The thought of suicide is a great consolation: by means of it one gets through many a dark night.? --Friedrich Nietzsche

Also, I vaguely remember reading an article that was written from interviews with a bunch of people who survived their suicide attempts and a majority of the respondents said that their attempt was impulsive and not a result of a long-standing depression or mental issue.  It seems like more people are willing to attempt suicide because of a confluence of details (a perfect storm of reasons, feelings, materials, etc) than a deep-seated desire to die.

mattofallmatts

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -110
  • "I will not skateboard in the halls"
« Reply #67 on: March 18, 2013, 10:09:02 PM »
Similar to Jub, Rag Doll tends to destroy himself while killing everything in his path.

Rag Doll - Part Black label " Black Out"

Jub's song is way better. SOD- Kill Yourslef

Simon Woodstock

• Nowhere avatar image
« Reply #68 on: March 18, 2013, 10:38:44 PM »
Expand Quote
Similar to Jub, Rag Doll tends to destroy himself while killing everything in his path.

Rag Doll - Part Black label " Black Out"
[close]

Jub's song is way better. SOD- Kill Yourslef

Sometimes it's just uplifting to watch a killer skate clip. I like this old Natas edit. The Firehose song is legit.

Natas Kaupas - Santa Cruz Streets On Fire

BRIX SKWIKZ

« Reply #69 on: March 18, 2013, 10:47:51 PM »
« Last Edit: March 18, 2013, 10:49:32 PM by BRIX SKWIKZ »

Simon Woodstock

• Nowhere avatar image
« Reply #70 on: March 19, 2013, 03:38:51 PM »
simon im gonna commit suicide unless you post a picture of your erect penis

no prob. here you go.

http://www.xxxchurch.com/
« Last Edit: March 19, 2013, 04:12:00 PM by Simon Woodstock »

« Reply #71 on: March 19, 2013, 04:14:55 PM »
thats shit can run in your family too.  my mothers brother and dad both killed themselves.  pretty sure my dads sister killed herself too but i havent talked to him in about 10 years.

i live a normal life but think of killing myself all the time.  its been like that forever.
i feel like you can talk about your problems all day to hotlines and groups but medication is better.

i remember seeing a doco once on people jumping off the golden gate bridge.  i loved it.

oh well, im off to get a smoothie. 

pointandclick

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 243
« Reply #72 on: March 19, 2013, 05:57:49 PM »
not to rob this thread of the attention it deserves, but when i look at it when scrolling i see "Suciu Prevention/Chris Cole"

PsychOut

« Reply #73 on: March 20, 2013, 06:16:01 AM »
watch this film about an Australian filmer that took his life, he filmed stuff for the c1rca video for Dennis Durrant
The Lines - The Story of Mitch Byrne on Vimeo

chockfullofthat

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 176
« Reply #74 on: March 20, 2013, 06:51:21 AM »
I heard suicide is the ultimate sin.  Where does that put interspecies scat orgies?  Please explain bible man...sometimes the rules are hard to follow.

Simon Woodstock

• Nowhere avatar image
« Reply #75 on: March 20, 2013, 09:45:24 AM »
Here is a very good non-faith based link for suicide prevention

http://www.nimh.nih.gov/health/topics/suicide-prevention/index.shtml

Here is a faith-based approach to the issue by Brian Sumner

D2L - Brian Sumner - Suicide

Simon Woodstock

• Nowhere avatar image
« Reply #76 on: March 20, 2013, 01:17:31 PM »

Dontfearthereefer

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -232
  • Head kook
Re: Suicide/Cutting/Self-harm Prevention
« Reply #77 on: March 20, 2013, 01:23:07 PM »
i just drank 4 liters of bleach

Simon Woodstock

• Nowhere avatar image
« Reply #78 on: March 20, 2013, 01:26:14 PM »
i just drank 4 liters of bleach

You should call the poison control emergency hotline immediately, then 1-800-222-1222

http://www.nlm.nih.gov/medlineplus/ency/article/002724.htm

Simon Woodstock

• Nowhere avatar image
« Reply #79 on: March 20, 2013, 01:27:23 PM »
really, REALLY random thread.. but whatever helps, simon!

That's my motto.

ttching!

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 65214
  • Smilin' Mercenary
« Reply #80 on: March 20, 2013, 01:27:43 PM »

GAY

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 3288
  • Those that SLAP, can't.
« Reply #81 on: March 20, 2013, 01:29:22 PM »
There's nothing un-manly about being a kindergarten teacher.

When I was fairly young I had such a hard-on for Schwarzenegger and was so jealous of that li'l bastard in the blue coat hanging out between that burly macho-man's legs.

Simon Woodstock

• Nowhere avatar image
« Reply #82 on: March 20, 2013, 01:30:01 PM »
On another thought . Is there no situation were suicide is acceptable ? or ok to do ?

Besides ppl who are termanily ill ?

It is to my understanding, based on the equal value of every human life, that there is never a case where suicide is morally acceptable.

Dontfearthereefer

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -232
  • Head kook
« Reply #83 on: March 20, 2013, 01:35:19 PM »
Expand Quote
On another thought . Is there no situation were suicide is acceptable ? or ok to do ?

[close]

It is to my understanding, based on the equal value of every human life, that there is never a case where suicide is morally acceptable.

say im 98 years old, i've lived a complete life and i want to go before my body and mind are in such a state where life is no longer enjoyable, is it acceptable to end my life in that situation?

Simon Woodstock

• Nowhere avatar image
« Reply #84 on: March 20, 2013, 01:53:18 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

say im 98 years old, i've lived a complete life and i want to go before my body and mind are in such a state where life is no longer enjoyable, is it acceptable to end my life in that situation?

In my opinion, it would not be acceptable in such a case. According to my understanding of medical ethics, life support should only be removed from a patient when they are brain dead.

« Last Edit: March 20, 2013, 02:11:16 PM by Simon Woodstock »

L33Tg33k

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 701
  • F.A.P. - Forever Alone Party
« Reply #85 on: March 20, 2013, 03:15:59 PM »
I recently got into drinking. I was never much of a drinker, but since I started I feel much better about life. It seems counter-intuitive but it's actually helped me a lot in this past week. Shit, I'm drunk right now. It distracts me from my suicidal thoughts. I feel like I can connect with people without my crippling anxiety. I still don't know if I'd call this progress, but I certainly feel better than I did a few days ago. Also, Simon, stop with that religious bullshit. It's just annoying.
Before you say the music sucked, have you considered shutting the fuck up?

sleepypancakes

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 227
  • Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #86 on: March 20, 2013, 04:02:46 PM »
Here is a very good non-faith based link for suicide prevention

http://www.nimh.nih.gov/health/topics/suicide-prevention/index.shtml

Here is a faith-based approach to the issue by Brian Sumner

D2L - Brian Sumner - Suicide

Remember when Brian Sumner skated like a madman and partied too much?

Seamus_McShamebag

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 855
« Reply #87 on: March 20, 2013, 04:11:47 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Let's say, hypothetically, that I have decided that my death with absolve mankind of sin, is it ok then or should I just use the excuse that I wanted to show off my washboard abs from a vantage point where everyone could see them?

"As the Father knows Me, even so I know the Father; and I lay down My life for the sheep. ... Therefore My Father loves Me, because I lay down My life that I may take it again. No one takes it from Me, but I lay it down of Myself. I have power to lay it down, and I have power to take it again. This command I have received from My Father" John 10:15-17-18.

Monty Burns

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -324
  • Release the hounds
« Reply #88 on: March 20, 2013, 04:13:20 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]

In my opinion, it would not be acceptable in such a case. According to my understanding of medical ethics, life support should only be removed from a patient when they are brain dead.

If Im in pain everday , so old that I can barly walk , shitting myself everyday and having to have somebody change my diper . So domented I cant even remember my kids or wife name

Whats the fucking point in hanging around ? 

Back in the bible days and early pope cathlic shit , people didnt live long enough to get demented

And Mr Simon Woodstock , again you are posting shitty bible / christian links to skater christian related material

I thought maybe you learnt the lesson last time , Im usualy a nice guy even to people I dont like , but fuck off and stop trying to convert people
« Last Edit: March 20, 2013, 04:56:04 PM by Monty Burns »

ben shraider

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -264
« Reply #89 on: March 20, 2013, 04:16:59 PM »
I recently got into drinking. I was never much of a drinker, but since I started I feel much better about life. It seems counter-intuitive but it's actually helped me a lot in this past week. Shit, I'm drunk right now. It distracts me from my suicidal thoughts. I feel like I can connect with people without my crippling anxiety. I still don't know if I'd call this progress, but I certainly feel better than I did a few days ago. Also, Simon, stop with that religious bullshit. It's just annoying.

Drinking and using drugs are just an unhealthy way of forgetting your problems for a while without actually having to work you way through them. They will never solve anything, but they will just help you to put them aside for a while, but in the long run, the problems will just pile up, and you will either need to face them, or use more and more drugs to keep them of your mind. Eventually you have to man up or you will die. suicide is the most extreme and fastest way to get away from your problems without ever having to deal with them. The big key to happiness is accepting all the crappy things in your life and concentrating on the good parts. majority of people aren't able to live their lives the way they wanted to. But still life is always worth living when you just look at it the right way.