Author Topic: Set Up not working for you?  (Read 10237 times)

the snake

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 348
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
Re: Set Up not working for you?
« Reply #60 on: March 22, 2013, 08:51:53 PM »
zoltan, your avatar is mind-blowing

Paco Supreme

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 525
  • One Trick Pony
« Reply #61 on: March 22, 2013, 09:04:57 PM »
zoltan, your avatar is mind-blowing

!!!

the snake

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 348
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #62 on: March 22, 2013, 10:37:38 PM »
sorry, i'm not an englishman, i meant what a nice avatar!

Chomp on this.

• Rep: -1
  • I'm new here.
« Reply #63 on: March 22, 2013, 11:57:22 PM »
I've been skating some new Indy's lately, and I'm getting pretty damn tired of having to twist the bolt back on with my fingers. Or if I'm at a park, Borrowing a tool every five minutes.

wallieD

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -191
« Reply #64 on: March 23, 2013, 12:57:47 AM »
I've been skating some new Indy's lately, and I'm getting pretty damn tired of having to twist the bolt back on with my fingers. Or if I'm at a park, Borrowing a tool every five minutes.
use 2 top bushings

Deekay

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 125
« Reply #65 on: March 23, 2013, 10:31:57 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]
use 2 top bushings

Or get softer bushings and crank them down a little more

pandarelated

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 90
« Reply #66 on: March 23, 2013, 03:49:20 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
use 2 top bushings
[close]

remove the washers?

heckler

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 475
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #67 on: March 23, 2013, 05:15:49 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
BUY YOUR SHIT AT A LOCAL SHOP, STAND ON IT PRIOR TO PURCHASE, PROBLEM SOLVED. FOR FUCKS SAKE....
[close]
Are you fucking retarted? Yes standing on the board prior to purchase does help to getting used to the board but no two boards are the same and the board is still going to feel strange once you set up the board. Just standing on it wont give you the feel or rolling around it.
[close]

actually every company makes a few different shapes and just print different graphics. find the board you like and keep buying that same size from that company and it should always be the same. ive been skating AWS 8.25 x 31.75 for a couple years and the graphics are different but the shape/concave is the exact same as long as i buy that exact size from aws. the same should go for any other company, just make sure its the same width and length because they might make multiple 8" or 8.25" boards with different lengths and the shapes will be different
Exactly, I've been skating the Toy Machine 8.125 x 32 shape for the past two years (with the odd AWS thrown in every now and then) and it's never steered me wrong. I'm really surprised to hear how many people have problems with Toy shapes, or flat boards in general. Fuck concave.
Ha SLAP's resident libtard and NY pro cocksucker.

Thelonious P

• Rep: -12
  • BracknellMassif
« Reply #68 on: March 23, 2013, 05:36:54 PM »
Am I the only one here who doesn't give a fuck about shape or concave?  As long as the board is between 8.00 and 8.25 and not ridiculously short i'm satisfied.
This but for 8.5s, maybe its because I can't afford to be shape/concave specific so I've grown used to a manner of different ones

brownjenkin

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 129
« Reply #69 on: March 23, 2013, 06:29:06 PM »
Expand Quote
Am I the only one here who doesn't give a fuck about shape or concave?  As long as the board is between 8.00 and 8.25 and not ridiculously short i'm satisfied.
[close]
This but for 8.5s, maybe its because I can't afford to be shape/concave specific so I've grown used to a manner of different ones

If I get it in my head that I skate better on a certain shape, concave, etc. I go crazy. I try not to think about it and just adapt. If I skated the exact same board over and over and I couldn't get my hands on it one time, I'd probably lose my mind. The only thing I make sure is that the board is between 7.875 and 8.125 and under 32, but that's not terribly hard to find.

Chomp on this.

• I'm new here.
« Reply #70 on: March 24, 2013, 12:08:57 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
use 2 top bushings
[close]

[close]

remove the washers?
  I've already removed the washers, and I've cut the bottom bushing down a little bit. The bolt always starts coming off after a few minutes.

ontheswarm

« Reply #71 on: March 24, 2013, 12:27:22 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
use 2 top bushings
[close]

[close]

remove the washers?
[close]
  I've already removed the washers, and I've cut the bottom bushing down a little bit. The bolt always starts coming off after a few minutes.
Are they the indy lows and are they the stage 10s?

wallieD

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -191
« Reply #72 on: March 24, 2013, 02:21:33 AM »
dang, it sucks when the bolt comes off.

Chomp on this.

• I'm new here.
« Reply #73 on: March 24, 2013, 03:27:20 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
use 2 top bushings
[close]

[close]

remove the washers?
[close]
[close]
Yes, They are.

ontheswarm

« Reply #74 on: March 24, 2013, 03:44:02 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
use 2 top bushings
[close]

[close]

remove the washers?
[close]
[close]
[close]
Yes, They are.
Sounds like you need to replace the kingpin. This has happened to another friend of mine with the stage 10s.

Loyal Pawn

• Rep: 7
« Reply #75 on: March 24, 2013, 10:20:13 AM »
Or you can put your kingpin nut back on,tighten it to your liking.And add some locktight to it.Its like 4 bucks at home depot or lowes.My friend used to do that and rock super loose indy's forever.Never lost his kingpin nut during a session

neko

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 42
« Reply #76 on: March 25, 2013, 01:40:06 PM »

Winking Starfish

• Rep: 5
  • Big White Butt Crew Down To Clown
« Reply #77 on: March 28, 2013, 06:23:13 PM »
I switched to a pair of Venture low 5.25 from Indy low whatevers, and threw a set of Creager 50s on - "down" from 51 STF's -  to help my flip tricks, and when I put them on my usual 8.06 x 31.8 Anti-Hero everything felt off. The wheel base felt too long, my foot positions felt too short for kickflips, and they spun rockety. Plus, the board seemed to flex when I went for an ollie. In general, the deck was just a tad too wide with too much concave for the "techier" truck/wheel set-up. Bummer, I really wanted my typical AH board to work with the new trucks and wheels. 

I pulled the set up apart after a half-hour, and went and bought a 8 x 31.675 Chocolate deck, and within twenty minutes the new set up was spinnin' right. I've been disappointed in Crailtap wood quality in the past, especially compared to DLX, but DLX shapes seem either a little too big, or a little too small - if you can find a smaller one. Nitpicky, I know, but I can't help it.

Anyone have recommendations for easily found, quality wood 8 x 31.675, or 8 x 31.75 decks with med concave? I might sell out and try a Plan B Prospec next...

emmetjenks

« Reply #78 on: March 28, 2013, 09:52:45 PM »
I've rode Girl and Chocolate boards literally my whole life and I've had no problems, and I always ride a size 8 but on my last board I tried 8 1/8, I didn't notice much but I went back to 8 anyways.

I also always rode Royals growing up, but I switched to thunders and noticed a little bit of a difference for the better, then to Indys when those were done and didn't notice much. I put Bones bushings in these and still not much difference.

As for shoes, I hate new shoes I've never gone to new shoes and skated as good as my old ones. My last shoes were Marianos, and I skated them til the rubber on the toe was almost gone from kick flips, and the grip lasted the whole time, and I just got 2 new pairs of them and I skated them today and just couldn't do my flip tricks every try. Worn in shoes are great. Same for trucks, new trucks suck but once you get the groove in you're good to go.

Martin

• Rep: 1
  • http://mz-skate.blogspot.de/
    • http://mz-skate.blogspot.de/ avatar image
« Reply #79 on: April 01, 2013, 01:23:50 PM »
I am always really critical about my trucks. If I have a bad time of skating, I'll most likely put the blame on the trucks, like I cannot do proper kickflips anymore, because my trucks are too high/low or the turning is fucked up. In my mind I figured out that I need low but not too low trucks which are super responsive, so that I do not wheelbite all the time, have a quick pop and are still able to ride my trucks as loose as possible (Indy lows fit these criteria for the most part though). And yes, I am aware that this shit is regular.
« Last Edit: April 01, 2013, 01:26:12 PM by Martin »