Author Topic: wich abec do preefer in bearings?  (Read 3716 times)

UserFame

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -159
wich abec do preefer in bearings?
« on: March 19, 2013, 11:41:51 AM »
im a ledge street skater ( at least I try to be ) and like a year ago I bought some abec 7 bearings, they are fast and all, but to be honest they are too fast, and sometimes I cant control my skate when I land my tricks.

wich abec do you preefer?
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hobochilli

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 307
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
Re: wich abec do preefer in bearings?
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2013, 11:46:29 AM »
Fuck a bunch of abec, its just a measurement for the space between the balls.

water

• Rep: -3
  • southbound pachyderm
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2013, 11:57:11 AM »
im a ledge street skater ( at least I try to be ) and like a year ago I bought some abec 7 bearings, they are fast and all, but to be honest they are too fast, and sometimes I cant control my skate when I land my tricks.

from the look of that post either you know nothing about skateboarding or are in elementary school, either way ABEC doesn't mean shit. get some bones reds or better yet just skate with no bearings if thats too fast for you

Spike Hawke

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 30
« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2013, 12:36:29 PM »

Looks like Berra is back on SLAP

UserFame

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2013, 12:37:29 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

from the look of that post either you know nothing about skateboarding or are in elementary school, either way ABEC doesn't mean shit. get some bones reds or better yet just skate with no bearings if thats too fast for you

dont need to be rude asshole.

english is not my primary language, I dont gonna say what is my primary language cuz I dont wanna reveal my indentity, but I dont think you can speak my language the same way that I cant speak yours ( english )

but what matters here is the message and not the way that I write.

it was a legit question,so grow up fool and please get a little respect for other people and stop being an idiot.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Morty Seinfeld

« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2013, 12:39:16 PM »
Swiss

pandarelated

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 90

MuchasGracias

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -140
« Reply #7 on: March 19, 2013, 01:50:54 PM »
fast is good though?

Will Easley

« Reply #8 on: March 19, 2013, 01:52:09 PM »
get some bones reds or better yet just skate with no bearings if thats too fast for you

chockfullofthat

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 176
« Reply #9 on: March 19, 2013, 01:58:49 PM »
english is not my primary language, I dont gonna say what is my primary language cuz I dont wanna reveal my indentity

Are we going to be able to identify you once we know you're secret language? There can't be a lot of people that speak Klingon.  Why so secretive bro?  Is this Putin?

Joust Ostrich

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 664
  • Speculatnaciousness?
« Reply #10 on: March 19, 2013, 02:50:39 PM »
I'm posting from my blackberry wtf?!?!?

UserFame

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #11 on: March 19, 2013, 03:15:08 PM »
fast is good though?

if they are too fast they are not good imo, because you loose control, Im not Busenitz or Gino.

Will Easley

« Reply #12 on: March 19, 2013, 03:42:37 PM »
Expand Quote
fast is good though?
[close]

if they are too fast they are not good imo, because you loose control, Im not Busenitz or Gino.

then dont push so hard? lol, my nigga you sound ridiculous.

UserFame

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #13 on: March 19, 2013, 04:34:12 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
fast is good though?
[close]

[close]

first of all im not a racist, but dont call me nigga, m?kay?

then, I said I dont like fast bearing because sometimes I cant control my skate when I land my tricks, ridiculous is your post, because you didnt understood my point of view and you did had nothing interesting to say.

damn, Slap boards is full of fools who think they are skateboard authorities.

isnt this supposed to be a  place to discuss about skateboarding?

its really sad...
« Last Edit: March 19, 2013, 04:40:07 PM by UserFame »

Cthulhu!

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 458
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #14 on: March 19, 2013, 04:35:01 PM »
get abec 12000

SkateViolence

• Rep: 9
« Reply #15 on: March 19, 2013, 04:46:19 PM »
All silly comments aside, ABEC has literally nothing to do with skating, it's just a way to sell bearings. If your bearings are too fast, ride through the mud and don't clean them.

papasmurfsdog

« Reply #16 on: March 19, 2013, 04:50:40 PM »
You're seriously the first person I have ever heard of having a problem with going too fast and wanted worse bearings though.... Might as well soak them in water or something til they rust over.

Pango

• Rep: -30
« Reply #17 on: March 19, 2013, 07:26:17 PM »
just get Reds

The Human Condom

• Rep: 45
  • Free condoms! Free condoms from The Human Condom.
    • : /skeɪt/ avatar image
« Reply #18 on: March 19, 2013, 07:30:39 PM »
Even Powell Mini-Logo bearings are comparable to Bones Reds.  They're cheaper too.  I had a set that lasted me a good couple years and never stopped spinning or clogged.  I usually find them on eBay.

MuchasGracias

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #19 on: March 20, 2013, 01:15:57 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
fast is good though?
[close]

[close]

[close]

first of all im not a racist, but dont call me nigga, m?kay?

then, I said I dont like fast bearing because sometimes I cant control my skate when I land my tricks, ridiculous is your post, because you didnt understood my point of view and you did had nothing interesting to say.

damn, Slap boards is full of fools who think they are skateboard authorities.

isnt this supposed to be a  place to discuss about skateboarding?

its really sad...

Dude, chill the fuck out. If your bearings are too fast, slow down. You don't have to get all sensitive about it lol.

Schismatic

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 4
« Reply #20 on: March 20, 2013, 01:35:20 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

dont need to be rude asshole.

english is not my primary language, I dont gonna say what is my primary language cuz I dont wanna reveal my indentity, but I dont think you can speak my language the same way that I cant speak yours ( english )

but what matters here is the message and not the way that I write.

it was a legit question,so grow up fool and please get a little respect for other people and stop being an idiot.

How is it a legit question? There's no such thing as "bearings are too fast." It sounds more like a case of not knowing how to control your speed or skate within your limits/comfort level. Unless your bearings are busted or locked up, you're not going to notice a big difference in your actual top speed.  To that guy's point, ABEC is on over-used and misinterpreted marketing term for the most part. You might find an "ABEC 3" that spins way faster than an "ABEC 7." Overall bearing quality effects other things, but generally it doesn't effect your top speed, especially when skating ledges and I assume you're not slalom racing, so forget about ABEC ratings.

If you want to go slower, just tighten your axle nuts until your wheels don't roll well, then slowly loosed them until you feel comfortable. That's what I do to keep my kid from losing control while he learns to skate. Just use spacers so you don't smash your bearing shields when you cinch the nut down.

DeputyDoses

• Rep: 4
  • I look like Mel Gibson
« Reply #21 on: March 20, 2013, 02:14:30 PM »
I love Bones Swiss brand bearings. Specifically, I skate the 6 ball editions. I've been riding the same set for nearly three years now... seriously, they're that good.

Now, if your problem is that you're going "too fast" try powersliding or using your pushing foot to slow down a bit. Learning control is key to skateboarding.

Noble Experiment

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 284
« Reply #22 on: March 20, 2013, 02:54:43 PM »
Out of everything on my setup, bearings are the things I care least about. As long as they have a nylon cage and not a metal one, and the shields are removable, I'm good to go. Reds, Shake Junt's, Pig's.... It's all the same to me. Just pop dem shields off and you're good to go.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2013, 03:02:43 PM by Noble Experiment »

Randozzi

« Reply #23 on: March 20, 2013, 03:00:38 PM »
I love Bones Swiss brand bearings. Specifically, I skate the 6 ball editions. I've been riding the same set for nearly three years now... seriously, they're that good.
Agreed, great bearings. Had mine for over two years and have only needed to clean them twice.

pandarelated

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 90
« Reply #24 on: March 20, 2013, 03:09:24 PM »
maybe smaller wheels? like some 48mm ?

pizzafliptofakie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1959
« Reply #25 on: March 20, 2013, 05:39:05 PM »
Trade bearings with me. I got a little bit of dirt in mine. They still roll fine, but they don't go very fast.

Bender Bending Rodriguez

• Rep: 2
« Reply #26 on: March 20, 2013, 06:28:57 PM »
SLOW JUAN BEARINGS

In the simplest of terms, Slow Juan Bearings are a custom polymer rubber bearing designed to replace your real roller bearing on your deck's trucks to allow you to practice complex tricks without the board moving uncontrollably.

Cameron Hoegee

« Reply #27 on: March 20, 2013, 08:05:41 PM »
people fuck with bearings that aren't bones? ???

MuchasGracias

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #28 on: March 20, 2013, 09:31:25 PM »
people fuck with bearings that aren't bones? ???

yeah and what?

Chavo

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 219
« Reply #29 on: March 20, 2013, 09:49:14 PM »
Out of everything on my setup, bearings are the things I care least about. As long as they have a nylon cage and not a metal one, and the shields are removable, I'm good to go. Reds, Shake Junt's, Pig's.... It's all the same to me. Just pop dem shields off and you're good to go.

To answer the op's question, popping the shields off will introduce dirt into your bearing and will eventually slow it down.

This guy above is correct. No skate company manufactures their own bearing (although Bones has some actual say in the specification), so the cheapest bearing (other than Swiss) that have nylon cages are the best.