Author Topic: New 360 player here  (Read 997 times)

Dr Steve Brule

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 68
New 360 player here
« on: March 07, 2013, 09:50:46 PM »
Bought a 360 around christmas.  I've been playing a ton of skate 2 when not working or actually skating.  Played through Red Dead Redemption and that was also a lot of fun.  I play online games like black ops occasionally when at a friends house but its not really my forte.  Bought Madden 11 from a pawn shop which is tons of fun with a friend of two.

Anyways when I was a teenager I always like the Metal Gear Solid games, and I guess I've missed a ton of those releases ha.  I might buy the 3-Collection of those and see what happens.

What other games should I get?  I am really clueless to all of these new games.  I don't really recognize most of the names or anything.  But now I got a nice new Xbox I gotta milk it for all she's worth

What other games should I get?
For Your Health

Merked

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -157
Re: New 360 player here
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2013, 07:39:21 AM »
Just did some research for you.  I agreed with this list more than others.  So yeah... 

http://www.videogamer.com/top-games/xbox360-games-all-time/3/
I suck at SLAP.

era

« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2013, 08:20:53 AM »
Just did some research for you.  I agreed with this list more than others.  So yeah... 

If there is a call of duty on a best games list it is automatically void.  While I enjoy the games, in NO way should they be deemed a best of.  Buy Fallout 3, Fallout New Vegas, Star Wars The Force Unleashed 1, The Walking Dead (If you like the show you will love the game), Halo franchise.  Start with these then get back to me.

Merked

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2013, 12:20:30 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

If there is a call of duty on a best games list it is automatically void.  While I enjoy the games, in NO way should they be deemed a best of.  Buy Fallout 3, Fallout New Vegas, Star Wars The Force Unleashed 1, The Walking Dead (If you like the show you will love the game), Halo franchise.  Start with these then get back to me.

I chose to ignore that CoD was on the list...  I like that you called me out though.  Been playing Halo competitively since the original Halo on Xbox connect.  So, the fact that people actually like CoD really chaps my ass.  Yet, I feel that the general public are fucking scrubs so they like that game.  So, just in case, Dr. Steve is a filthy casual, it should be on the list.  Halo 3, reach and 4 were the only games I played on 360, which is why I had to attain this list to contribute.  I hear Borderlands 2 is tight though.
I suck at SLAP.

Beer Keg Peg Leg

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -35
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2013, 06:58:53 PM »
halo is trash as well

Morty Seinfeld

« Reply #5 on: March 08, 2013, 09:06:48 PM »
Bioshock is beautiful.

Bobby Peru

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 613
    • Community Push avatar image
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #6 on: March 09, 2013, 04:50:42 PM »
I'm also relatively new, but Skyrim and Arkham City are both groin-grabbingly good.

Merked

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #7 on: March 11, 2013, 08:34:20 AM »
I suck at SLAP.

Mooley

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 254
« Reply #8 on: March 11, 2013, 03:20:13 PM »
Max Payne 3 and LA Noire are both probably dirt cheap now and about as good as it gets.
Skyrim is great but it's absolutely not the kind of game you can pick up for half an hour and play casually, serious time-drain.
The Orange Box is worth looking into as well, even if you're not a huge shooter fan. Really cheap now too, and good value. Half-Life 2 and it's episode sequels are amazing, and Portal is a really unique game that everyone should play through.

Sgt.Pepper

• Rep: -167
« Reply #9 on: March 21, 2013, 11:14:54 AM »
LA Noire for sure,Skyrim,condemned criminal origins,Silent Hill Homecoming/Downpour (Not as good as the 1st 3 but still worth playing), There's tons of great games to get off the marketplace too, if you got live of course, like Sonic CD,Banjo Kazooie,Perfect Dark,All 3 Streets of Rage, and many others.
"I'd be a teenage virgin, jerking off in my bedroom
 if I wasnt a 20 year old virgin that didn't have a bedroom."

Tracer

• Rep: -65309
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
« Reply #10 on: March 25, 2013, 04:29:19 PM »
NHL 13
Fifa 13
Gow judgment

Cheaper games

The darkness
For za 3

spungo

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 137
  • Lord Ganesha
« Reply #11 on: March 26, 2013, 11:06:05 AM »
Assassin's Creed 3 is pretty fun, but not casual, you gotta sink some time into it.
do more yoga!