Author Topic: Ok yall here's your chance to get rid of me  (Read 23236 times)

_aminal

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -8
  • win some, lose most.
Re: Ok yall here's your chance to get rid of me
« Reply #30 on: March 22, 2013, 11:42:29 AM »
not saying you don't have skills. but it's pretty generic.

finding your own way to talk the same shit niggas been talking about for ages is hard to do.

but yeah you gots some style my d00d

and to those who are put off by the arrogance

thats the point

you gotta be tellin cats how ill you and yr crew is... fuck man if you dont get it then you dont understand the culture of hip hop music and i recommend you watch style wars

Ed's impossibles are like gonzs kickflips....

chockfullofthat

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 176
« Reply #31 on: March 22, 2013, 11:43:31 AM »
There's nothing wrong with bragadocious rappers if they do it well, but if you don't you get to be made fun of twice as hard for not living up to your words.  What I'm trying to say is...you don't live up to your words.  It's bad.

foureyedjim

« Reply #32 on: March 22, 2013, 12:01:52 PM »
There's nothing wrong with bragadocious rappers if they do it well, but if you don't you get to be made fun of twice as hard for not living up to your words.  What I'm trying to say is...you don't live up to your words.  It's bad.

Agreed, rap about what you're about.
Even if it's not exactly grandeur, if it's passionate enough to where you're getting your feelings across, people might take an interest.

Listening to a lot of the amateur rap stuff around lately, I notice a lot of people just throwing around "big" words just for the sake of it.  Read a few books, actually learn some new words.  That always helps I think.  In general, try learning more things, things you might never actually apply to your life, but knowledge is always good because things from different realms can give you a fresh perspective. 

I hope you achieve the goals you set for yourself, or at the very least have a good experience from making music. 

enzone

« Reply #33 on: March 22, 2013, 12:05:05 PM »
pretty much what everyone's already stated.. you can definitely rap, but your subject matter is a carbon copy of the 3 or 4 kids from my town who are also trying to make it in rap.. i think using hard drugs would give you an edge and enable you to add some creativity and originality to your content

foureyedjim

« Reply #34 on: March 22, 2013, 12:20:59 PM »
pretty much what everyone's already stated.. you can definitely rap, but your subject matter is a carbon copy of the 3 or 4 kids from my town who are also trying to make it in rap.. i think using hard drugs would give you an edge and enable you to add some creativity and originality to your content

It really depends...I have a skate friend from way back is pretty unintelligent so when he got caught up with hallucinogens, the shit that came out of his mouth on a daily basis was just dumb.  You shoulda seen him try to rap, it was just embarrassing.

Will Easley

« Reply #35 on: March 22, 2013, 12:35:04 PM »
It's kind of akin to the little kid at the skatepark who kickflips everything, and then acts like he's the best skateboarder on the planet. He can't really do anything else, but he will gloat around the park like his kickflips are the best thing anyone has ever seen, and he should be getting picked up by Plan B and Nike any day now.

"Yeah, I'm really good. I don't know if you've seen my mediocre kickflips, but I rip."

You idolize Kanye West. Kanye West is a terrible rapper. He is an amazing producer, and has done a lot for people as far as making beats goes. But he wanted to be a star, and forced himself onto the scene. Jay-Z signed him without ever having any intention of releasing his album. He just wanted him to be his producer. He held Kanyes album for three years and finally put it out after Kanye threatened to leave and not make beats for him anymore. Even Jay-Z thinks Kanye west is a terrible rapper. Before you say "We'll hey hes rich and on the radio, he must be doing something right?.", keep in mind the rest of the terrible music that has made CEOs millions of dollars. Would you say the backstreet boys were talented, or made good music? No. Listen to Freddie Gibbs then listen to your music. Compare them.

He's a wordsmith, with flow, and solid production. He talks about how awesome he is, but in an intelligent way. Not just "I'm da best mayne, I did it.".

You really think I haven't heard of or listen to Freddie Gibbs? Lol, you clearly don't know me as well as you like to think you do.

As far as the Kanye shit, I wouldn't even bring up record sales or radio play. I'd rather talk about critical acclaim & overall influence. All 3 of his rap albums are widely regarded as classics & he pretty much paved the way for all the current backpack rappers who're some of biggest in the game right now. He was always a better producer than a rapper & while more recently his raps haven't been as good as they used to dude can still get on some lyrical shit when he wants to. This ain't even a valid argument. You're comparing me to someone who was also told they couldn't rap who still went on to become an icon. Shit they said Jay wasnt cut out for it either back when he was tryna get signed before starting rocafella. You're pretty much making yourself one of those same nonbelievers in my own story.

In life You gotta be confident & ambitious if you want to do anything great. If not then youll recieve the little that you expect. I ain't like these niggas on slap who say shit like "I can't watch myself skate on film cuz I hate my style" or "I've just learned to live with being socially awkward". Fuck all that shit. I may be crazy, but ima be so crazy that'll be persistent enough to do whatever hell I want. Some people won't allow themselves to do that & get what the truly want in life so they gon feel a certain way about it, but it's whatever.

But real talk you wanna know why I so strongly believe in myself when it comes to this rap shit? Lemme show the last text my mom sent me hours before she died in her sleep.

As far as I'm concerned, my success is destiny & it'd be impossible for me to be swayed otherwise. As for everyone tryna tell me to rap what I'm about, what makes you think that smoking weed, lusting woman, & just wildin out AREN'T things that I'm about in real life? Hell ive eveb been doing all of that on slap Since I started posting. Yall wanna hear serious life stories? Personal thoughts & commentary on society? Emotional content? Listen to the mixtape which is what I'm saving all those kinda tracks for. It's that simple.

_aminal

• win some, lose most.
« Reply #36 on: March 22, 2013, 12:42:22 PM »

hes right

start smoking PCP

Will Easley

« Reply #37 on: March 22, 2013, 12:49:26 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

hes right

start smoking PCP

I have a song that I wrote in about 45 minutes (I think?) after taking like 6-7 hits of LSD. It's a total mindfuck definitely one the top 3 songs on the project.

ontheswarm

« Reply #38 on: March 22, 2013, 12:57:23 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

hes right

start smoking PCP
[close]

I have a song that I wrote in about 45 minutes (I think?) after taking like 6-7 hits of LSD. It's a total mindfuck definitely one the top 3 songs on the project.
Down to hear it man. When is the mixtape dropping?  My bad if you already said.

chockfullofthat

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 176
« Reply #39 on: March 22, 2013, 12:59:04 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

hes right

start smoking PCP

Times have changed man.  Cage raps to dubstep now.  Quit holding on to the past.

Will Easley

« Reply #40 on: March 22, 2013, 01:08:15 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

hes right

start smoking PCP
[close]

[close]
Down to hear it man. When is the mixtape dropping?  My bad if you already said.

Within a month or so. I only got a couple songs that I need to finish writing but the timeframe is mostly dependent on how frequently I can book my sessions at this professional studio downtown. I was doing all these songs ona homies lil home studio setup but nah I gotta pull out all the stops for Williams World so I'm throwin down that bread for a high quality sound.

_aminal

• win some, lose most.
« Reply #41 on: March 22, 2013, 01:20:51 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

hes right

start smoking PCP
[close]

Times have changed man.  Cage raps to dubstep now.  Quit holding on to the past.

I know! God, it's so terrible, even Yak raps to dumbstep. All the older hip hop heads seem to be all about this dubstep shit.. ugh

anyway

Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

hes right

start smoking PCP
[close]

that's pretty rad. bump this thread when you drop the mixtape though.

Thelonious P

• Rep: -12
  • BracknellMassif
« Reply #42 on: March 22, 2013, 01:50:43 PM »
As far as the Kanye shit, I wouldn't even bring up record sales or radio play. I'd rather talk about critical acclaim & overall influence. All 3 of his rap albums are widely regarded as classics & he pretty much paved the way for all the current backpack rappers who're some of biggest in the game right now. He was always a better producer than a rapper & while more recently his raps haven't been as good as they used to dude can still get on some lyrical shit when he wants to. This ain't even a valid argument. You're comparing me to someone who was also told they couldn't rap who still went on to become an icon. Shit they said Jay wasnt cut out for it either back when he was tryna get signed before starting rocafella. You're pretty much making yourself one of those same nonbelievers in my own story.
TRU

I back you man, your tracks sounding nice, will be copping Williams World on release homie
« Last Edit: March 22, 2013, 01:53:23 PM by Thelonious P »

ice nine

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -308
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #43 on: March 22, 2013, 01:52:25 PM »
i dont see where the confidence comes from, you havent done shit and no one knows who you are. deluding yourself does not equate to success. for every successful artist there are thousands who are barely surviving.you aren't a terrible rapper but theres no reason to listen to it when theres tons of dudes doing the same style and they are doing it a hell of a lot better. i also think pcp couldnt hurt, u need something to shake it up. maybe cut yur face up with a razor or something?
I;m sure i;m not the only dc/monster/subaru type guy here

weedpop

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 308
« Reply #44 on: March 22, 2013, 02:07:56 PM »
The premise of this thread is a fallacy; no-one could ever convince you that you are anything less than one of the greatest humans of all time.

Strike A Pose

• Rep: -613
  • Get slapped!
« Reply #45 on: March 22, 2013, 02:24:42 PM »
On a mothafuckin' skateboarding forum trying to convince a bunch of hipsters and suburban nerds that you are good at rapping.

Okay, we get it!

You got the game extra twisted from the jump. So concerned about the opinions of others while at the same time asking for criticism so that you can cater to them instead of continuing to do things the way that you want to.

Enjoy the music and keep it moving.

You said you were getting positive responses from people, so whats the hold up? If you are truly as gifted as you think you are then why the fuck can't you figure this shit out by yourself? Too basic!

+Your shit is weak. Oh wow, you can ride a beat with confidence. Join the damn club. It's not hard to rap and you aren't particularly talented on the micro by any means. Jocking Drake's flow and shit. Complete wackness. Get off that man's dick and create your own lane.

+ "please don't stop' hahahahah VIRGIN MUZIK!

Rui Bravo

• Rep: 0
« Reply #46 on: March 22, 2013, 02:27:12 PM »
I listened to all of them, I usually listen to some tracks before saying if I like someone or not... first one was good, the rest in my honest opinion and lacking a better word, sucked.

You have potencial, you love what you do, have connections and you rap about your life, just maybe not in the best way... you shouldn't use a style of beats just because that style is on top of the charts right now, I mean most of the hip hop nowadays sucks because of the beats they all sound the same it's ruining hip hop I can't wrap my mind around the fact that Wu was on top of the charts and right now guys like Wiz and Lil' Wayne get all the hype, it sucks that they're defining this generation...

Bottom line is, be diferent. You can rap, just don't rap about how you have swag and about wanting to fuck dat shorty, try different styles of beats, change your whole style up, I mean when I look at your mixtape cover it's like looking at a grain of sand on a beach, instead of trying to blend in on the current rap game you should be doing your best to stand out of it and change it, develop your own flow. Just ask yourself, if you'd find yourself suddenly at the top wouldn't you be just like the rappers out there? That's what I think is wrong with your music, and this is coming not only from a rap listener but from someone who loves and listens to (pretty much) all kinds of music.

wallieD

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -191
« Reply #47 on: March 22, 2013, 02:42:35 PM »

GAY

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 3316
  • Those that SLAP, can't.
« Reply #48 on: March 22, 2013, 03:00:23 PM »
Needs more bongos.

bro-ing_ur_life_away

• Rep: 5
« Reply #49 on: March 22, 2013, 03:02:35 PM »

Will Easley

« Reply #50 on: March 22, 2013, 03:11:25 PM »
On a mothafuckin' skateboarding forum trying to convince a bunch of hipsters and suburban nerds that you are good at rapping.

Okay, we get it!

You got the game extra twisted from the jump. So concerned about the opinions of others while at the same time asking for criticism so that you can cater to them instead of continuing to do things the way that you want to.

Enjoy the music and keep it moving.

You said you were getting positive responses from people, so whats the hold up? If you are truly as gifted as you think you are then why the fuck can't you figure this shit out by yourself? Too basic!

+Your shit is weak. Oh wow, you can ride a beat with confidence. Join the damn club. It's not hard to rap and you aren't particularly talented on the micro by any means. Jocking Drake's flow and shit. Complete wackness. Get off that man's dick and create your own lane.

+ "please don't stop' hahahahah VIRGIN MUZIK!

Feedback is always useful. I dont base everything I do off of it but its smart to see how others perceive your work just to get another perspective on things. Most artists bounce ideas or ask for feedback when they're in the studio regardless of their experience or talent level. SLAP is pretty diverse & given the fact that I'm even able to spark such a debate I might as well take advantage & see what yall think. Ive already gotten some valuable insight from this thread & its bringing out alot of different people with different opinions so im glad i made it.

Cadillac Ranch Dressing

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 476
"I got a fever and the only prescription is more Cadillac Ranch Dressing." - Jereme Rogers

A.J.K.

« Reply #52 on: March 22, 2013, 03:43:33 PM »
Expand Quote
i'm digging the fact that you're working hard to achieve the goals that you've set for yourself. not too many people seem to be able to throw themselves out there like you have. I can certainly respect that.
my only question is this; what's with the arrogance?
I find Kanye West style egos to be among the most off-putting traits in a person.

[close]

Rappers in general are so cocky due to the competitive nature of the art from. Everybody feels like they're one of the best. The bravado is just a part of the game really, but obviously some do it more than others.
You just proved smokecracks original point.  You cannot act the exact same as others, then come on here and say no way i'm original.  A bit contradictory, no?

Also, you came to the boards and offered up some shit on your own initiative.  No one was begging you to post what you have so far, so don't try and write off criticism with 'you haven't heard my best, deepest shit yet', or that 'these are only rough drafts'.  Stand behind what you have right now, allow yourself to see and flaws, or don't post material.

Will Easley

« Reply #53 on: March 22, 2013, 04:07:01 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
i'm digging the fact that you're working hard to achieve the goals that you've set for yourself. not too many people seem to be able to throw themselves out there like you have. I can certainly respect that.
my only question is this; what's with the arrogance?
I find Kanye West style egos to be among the most off-putting traits in a person.

[close]

Rappers in general are so cocky due to the competitive nature of the art from. Everybody feels like they're one of the best. The bravado is just a part of the game really, but obviously some do it more than others.
[close]
You just proved smokecracks original point.  You cannot act the exact same as others, then come on here and say no way i'm original.  A bit contradictory, no?

Also, you came to the boards and offered up some shit on your own initiative.  No one was begging you to post what you have so far, so don't try and write off criticism with 'you haven't heard my best, deepest shit yet', or that 'these are only rough drafts'.  Stand behind what you have right now, allow yourself to see and flaws, or don't post material.

Even outside of rap I'm a competitive person, which is probably why I've always been so drawn to it in the first place. theres no way I *couldnt* be that way.  So yeah, in that aspect Im like most rappers. Ive never liked a rapper that wasnt competitive so No I'd never fake a lack of confidence/competitive drive just so i can say im different.

As for the rest of your response, fair enough. Not to say that those statements arent true but you right if these songs are what im bringing to the thread then ima ride with em.

Dishonest John

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 92
  • Nya Ah Ahh!
« Reply #54 on: March 22, 2013, 05:43:21 PM »
Can Vov or C-Hanz please step in here?

steenz

« Reply #55 on: March 22, 2013, 06:10:52 PM »
It's kind of akin to the little kid at the skatepark who kickflips everything, and then acts like he's the best skateboarder on the planet. He can't really do anything else, but he will gloat around the park like his kickflips are the best thing anyone has ever seen, and he should be getting picked up by Plan B and Nike any day now.

"Yeah, I'm really good. I don't know if you've seen my mediocre kickflips, but I rip."

You idolize Kanye West. Kanye West is a terrible rapper. He is an amazing producer, and has done a lot for people as far as making beats goes. But he wanted to be a star, and forced himself onto the scene. Jay-Z signed him without ever having any intention of releasing his album. He just wanted him to be his producer. He held Kanyes album for three years and finally put it out after Kanye threatened to leave and not make beats for him anymore. Even Jay-Z thinks Kanye west is a terrible rapper. Before you say "We'll hey hes rich and on the radio, he must be doing something right?.", keep in mind the rest of the terrible music that has made CEOs millions of dollars. Would you say the backstreet boys were talented, or made good music? No. Listen to Freddie Gibbs then listen to your music. Compare them.

He's a wordsmith, with flow, and solid production. He talks about how awesome he is, but in an intelligent way. Not just "I'm da best mayne, I did it.".
Your a person  frddie gibbs is fucking wack and gay. And Will Easley i fukks wit your raps. dont listen to deez fuck niggas just do you and stay true to yourself. you sound kinda fucked in the head but that appeals to people. 3hunna.

PAWL

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -70
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #56 on: March 22, 2013, 06:11:55 PM »
Expand Quote
Can Vov or C-Hanz please step in here?
[close]

a rap battle i'd pay to see
yo mike mo new age ape style high five with my reborn hand.

2008 psychedelic experience. thanks.

gutterhead.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -15
« Reply #57 on: March 22, 2013, 06:19:52 PM »
I really liked you as sk8dood... what happened? it's like you let the pals get to you and kooked out. i'm bummed.

twitchflip

• Rep: 58
« Reply #58 on: March 22, 2013, 07:59:18 PM »
and to those who are put off by the arrogance

thats the point

you gotta be tellin cats how ill you and yr crew is... fuck man if you dont get it then you dont understand the culture of hip hop music and i recommend you watch style wars

of course I know that the gangsta rap game is all about who can suck their own dick the hardest. I asked because I was interested why rappers that are so full of themselves would care what a bunch of people on a non-rap forum thought about them.

heckler

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 475
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #59 on: March 22, 2013, 10:13:12 PM »
I don't get how you can say something like this:
As far as my typical arrogance on SLAP, I'm usually just kidding.
and immediately follow with this:
As far as I'm concerned, my success is destiny & it'd be impossible for me to be swayed otherwise.

Doesn't sound like you're kidding.
Ha SLAP's resident libtard and NY pro cocksucker.