Author Topic: Ok yall here's your chance to get rid of me  (Read 23235 times)

Will Easley

Re: Ok yall here's your chance to get rid of me
« Reply #60 on: March 22, 2013, 10:33:21 PM »
I don't get how you can say something like this:
Expand Quote
As far as my typical arrogance on SLAP, I'm usually just kidding.
[close]
and immediately follow with this:
Expand Quote
As far as I'm concerned, my success is destiny & it'd be impossible for me to be swayed otherwise.
[close]

Doesn't sound like you're kidding.

You don't understand the difference between confidence & arrogance. I'm not saying anything negative towards anyone by stating I have that much self-belief.

Now when I tell you thirsty ass lames yall needa get off da dick of DaSk8D00D because you'll never win, that's arrogance. Ol' nitpicky ass niggas always failin to prove a point n shit. The thirstier you get the less it works, fool
« Last Edit: March 22, 2013, 10:37:05 PM by Will Easley »

Grubby Mits

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -76
  • kim you need to leave him
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #61 on: March 23, 2013, 04:28:47 AM »
It's kind of akin to the little kid at the skatepark who kickflips everything, and then acts like he's the best skateboarder on the planet. He can't really do anything else, but he will gloat around the park like his kickflips are the best thing anyone has ever seen, and he should be getting picked up by Plan B and Nike any day now.

"Yeah, I'm really good. I don't know if you've seen my mediocre kickflips, but I rip."

You idolize Kanye West. Kanye West is a terrible rapper. He is an amazing producer, and has done a lot for people as far as making beats goes. But he wanted to be a star, and forced himself onto the scene. Jay-Z signed him without ever having any intention of releasing his album. He just wanted him to be his producer. He held Kanyes album for three years and finally put it out after Kanye threatened to leave and not make beats for him anymore. Even Jay-Z thinks Kanye west is a terrible rapper. Before you say "We'll hey hes rich and on the radio, he must be doing something right?.", keep in mind the rest of the terrible music that has made CEOs millions of dollars. Would you say the backstreet boys were talented, or made good music? No. Listen to Freddie Gibbs then listen to your music. Compare them.

He's a wordsmith, with flow, and solid production. He talks about how awesome he is, but in an intelligent way. Not just "I'm da best mayne, I did it.".

College Dropout and Late Registration were good albums, he really dropped off with Graduation, and has got worse ever since, but i'll still play those albums. Same goes for Jay Z, I used to love the Black Album and I could only listen to Blueprint 3 once. Who gives a fuck what jay z thinks anyway? Just because he's rich and on the radio doesn't mean he knows everything.

KOOL MIKE

« Reply #62 on: March 23, 2013, 06:32:02 AM »
man i listened to that shit again, and fuck, you probably could get big, your'e shit sounds just like those other motherfuckers on the radios giving a big fuck you to hip hop. i say go for it man, having lots of cash would be nice, and that shiny rim joint feat some auto tune pop bitch sound your going for probably could make money one day. just don't expect any respect from real hip hop heads who have no time for that wiz kalifa top 20 homo shit. peace

Thelonious P

• Rep: -12
  • BracknellMassif
« Reply #63 on: March 23, 2013, 07:24:05 AM »
Expand Quote
It's kind of akin to the little kid at the skatepark who kickflips everything, and then acts like he's the best skateboarder on the planet. He can't really do anything else, but he will gloat around the park like his kickflips are the best thing anyone has ever seen, and he should be getting picked up by Plan B and Nike any day now.

"Yeah, I'm really good. I don't know if you've seen my mediocre kickflips, but I rip."

You idolize Kanye West. Kanye West is a terrible rapper. He is an amazing producer, and has done a lot for people as far as making beats goes. But he wanted to be a star, and forced himself onto the scene. Jay-Z signed him without ever having any intention of releasing his album. He just wanted him to be his producer. He held Kanyes album for three years and finally put it out after Kanye threatened to leave and not make beats for him anymore. Even Jay-Z thinks Kanye west is a terrible rapper. Before you say "We'll hey hes rich and on the radio, he must be doing something right?.", keep in mind the rest of the terrible music that has made CEOs millions of dollars. Would you say the backstreet boys were talented, or made good music? No. Listen to Freddie Gibbs then listen to your music. Compare them.

He's a wordsmith, with flow, and solid production. He talks about how awesome he is, but in an intelligent way. Not just "I'm da best mayne, I did it.".
[close]

College Dropout and Late Registration were good albums, he really dropped off with Graduation, and has got worse ever since, but i'll still play those albums. Same goes for Jay Z, I used to love the Black Album and I could only listen to Blueprint 3 once. Who gives a fuck what jay z thinks anyway? Just because he's rich and on the radio doesn't mean he knows everything.
???

Hate_Then_Skate

• Rep: -9
  • Steven Seagal with a Desert Eagle
« Reply #64 on: March 23, 2013, 01:15:59 PM »
I can't even click on your youtube videos until you answer these questions:   What kind of gun do you carry?  What is the last drug you sold?

If you do not carry a gun and you haven't sold crack or at least coke or heroin..................your rap careers not going to be a good one.
This isn't the 90's anymore. ESPN, Nike and Mountain Dew are Big Brother, Es and beer. Time to slip into some comfy New Balances and head towards old age.

Grubby Mits

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -76
  • kim you need to leave him
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #65 on: March 24, 2013, 01:31:29 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]
???

They're alright but overall the album wasn't as good as the first two, and it only got worse from there. I couldn't even finish 808s and heartbreaks or whatever

nino brown

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -1416
  • only nerds kook people
« Reply #66 on: March 24, 2013, 01:43:13 PM »
THE WORLD NEEDS LESS HIPHOP AND MORE (REAL) RAP

SHIT WAS HELLA SOFT

IF YOU AINT TALKIN BOUT KILLIN A FEW NIGGUHS AND COPS AND SLANGIN THAT BOY

I AINT GONE FUCK WITCHA

Sandy Eggo

• Rep: 31
« Reply #67 on: March 24, 2013, 03:47:17 PM »
Am I the only one who feels like all of the song titles sound like they belong on an Electronica/Eurodance album? And I just want to say that a little self-deprecation would go a long way in my book.

Bertie

• Rep: 65
« Reply #68 on: March 24, 2013, 05:07:27 PM »

what the fuck does this even mean?

ROCKxADIO420

« Reply #69 on: March 24, 2013, 08:02:42 PM »
well this is ockword lol.

nino brown

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -1416
  • only nerds kook people
« Reply #70 on: March 24, 2013, 08:58:50 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]
what the fuck does this even mean?
hiphop and rap are completely different

hiphop = mosdef, mf doom, joey badass

SOFT SHIT

rap = tommy wright, x-raided, gucci mane

Laban Fetus

« Reply #71 on: March 24, 2013, 09:42:15 PM »
Why hasn't rap music shit the bed yet? it's 2013. Sorry for being admittedly bitter as I was once a pretty big Hip-Hop fan but just move the fuck on already. You're not gonna change the world, Will Easley.... everyone is a rapper. Excuse me as I return to my anglophile-centric indie music for a good cry

MFLUDER

« Reply #72 on: March 25, 2013, 01:02:36 AM »
Sounds like on a tv show like snl when they make joke rap songs and like the productions half decent and at first yr like wow this is ok then by like 10 seconds its either a joke or sucks real bad.  Is that what yr going for tho?

escapistfool

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 6
« Reply #73 on: March 25, 2013, 06:53:28 PM »
Shoulda add a "YOLO" in there

october

• Rep: 23
« Reply #74 on: March 25, 2013, 07:08:15 PM »
I don't post much on here, and don't know much about you. I don't like today's rap, and my opinion in no way should matter.

BUT, I found the songs/beats/lyrics boring and almost lazy. I couldn't get through 30 seconds of each one.

I don't claim to be a huge hip hop "follower", but grew up listening to Nas, Wu-Tang, Murs, Eyedea, and other complete randoms.

I appreciate you're doing what you love, and definitely support following ones dreams, but I wouldn't buy your album. That's just me.

jgonzalez

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 761
  • no not never. looser.
    • JGonz4ever avatar image
« Reply #75 on: March 25, 2013, 08:53:38 PM »
I dunno why d00d's rep is so low.
I vote his rep be changed to

nothing's been the since same

MFLUDER

« Reply #76 on: March 25, 2013, 11:43:54 PM »
Have You fucked off yet?
If the world turns out as shitty as I'm expecting it to be and somehow you enjoy some slight celebrity you will be flooded by posters who have screened some of your most mind numbing spoilt ignorant posts and spam your twitter and post em to tmz.
This is the best result of a 1/100 chance you "make it"
Ps its good yr giving it a try tho tbh.

escapistfool

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #77 on: March 26, 2013, 10:03:30 PM »

Will Easley

« Reply #78 on: March 26, 2013, 10:57:48 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

hahaha that song didn't make the cut for William's World so I aint really tryna push that joint lol. All this feedback from the thread has actually been pretty useful tho. With William's World I'm tryna make the whole thing as cohesive as possible, with every track serving its own purpose in a specific sequence. I've been analyzing all the songs ive done so far & I realized that i needed to trim the fat on the tracklist as well as figure out the kind of songs that I really need in order to get my overall point across. Anyways this thread was dope, it definitely served its purpose and It's been really insightful/inspiring to me so thanks yall! #Progression

escapistfool

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #79 on: March 26, 2013, 10:59:36 PM »
I'll buy your album if you say YOLO at least once in each of the songs

Will Easley

« Reply #80 on: March 26, 2013, 11:03:18 PM »
It's a free mixtape & no i will not do no clown shit.

Ronald Wilson Reagan

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -936
  • I own Malibu? I am going to fuck you.
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #81 on: March 27, 2013, 06:08:16 PM »
You mean like whoring it on a messageboard?

Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
Expand Quote
As far as I'm concerned, my success is destiny & it'd be impossible for me to be swayed otherwise.
[close]

[close]

You don't understand the difference between confidence & arrogance. I'm not saying anything negative towards anyone by stating I have that much self-belief.

Now when I tell you thirsty ass lames yall needa get off da dick of DaSk8D00D because you'll never win, that's arrogance. Ol' nitpicky ass niggas always failin to prove a point n shit. The thirstier you get the less it works, fool
Also, you clearly don't know what arrogance means homie:
http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/arrogance
an attitude of superiority manifested in an overbearing manner or in presumptuous claims or assumptions
Coming on a messageboard to announce your music is the best thing since sliced bread and proudly proclaiming you basically are guaranteed to succeed in a music career is a pretty presumptuous claim.

Let me give you concrete examples:
You/ arrogance:

A confident, yet modest version of the same thing:
"I am working my hardest at this, and understand that things like this don't happen everyday, but somebody's gotta be the next star, why can't it be me?"

Notice how one completely discounts reality to a point of absurdity, and the other shows a belief in one's self despite an understanding of how large of a claim is being made?

Nah, probably not.

Still, I have to give you credit on trying to hustle youtube views from slap posters to create the false impression people are actually following you as a musician.
Are you a kook? If you would say this, the answer is “YES”
I quit skating for a time due to piling out

augustmoon

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 793
« Reply #82 on: March 27, 2013, 06:16:11 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

hahaha that song didn't make the cut for William's World so I aint really tryna push that joint lol. All this feedback from the thread has actually been pretty useful tho. With William's World I'm tryna make the whole thing as cohesive as possible, with every track serving its own purpose in a specific sequence. I've been analyzing all the songs ive done so far & I realized that i needed to trim the fat on the tracklist as well as figure out the kind of songs that I really need in order to get my overall point across. Anyways this thread was dope, it definitely served its purpose and It's been really insightful/inspiring to me so thanks yall! #Progression

this is a good way to approach a record.  you have to take a step back and look at the big picture for it to all make sense.  less is more. 
Fuck brandon biebel... The lemon thrower

Albatross

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 76
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #83 on: March 27, 2013, 07:02:51 PM »
i opened one of your videos at random, it was about weed and i think you made a plane metaphor it was boring as fuck but totally passable. since the vast majority of people who try to rap sound terrible i guess it must mean something to be able to at least sound the same as other boring skateboard rappers.

this guy kicks ass though, you should sample him.

Will Easley

« Reply #84 on: March 27, 2013, 07:17:55 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
You mean like whoring it on a messageboard?

Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]
Also, you clearly don't know what arrogance means homie:
http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/arrogance
Expand Quote
an attitude of superiority manifested in an overbearing manner or in presumptuous claims or assumptions
[close]
Coming on a messageboard to announce your music is the best thing since sliced bread and proudly proclaiming you basically are guaranteed to succeed in a music career is a pretty presumptuous claim.

Let me give you concrete examples:
You/ arrogance:
Expand Quote
[close]

A confident, yet modest version of the same thing:
"I am working my hardest at this, and understand that things like this don't happen everyday, but somebody's gotta be the next star, why can't it be me?"

Notice how one completely discounts reality to a point of absurdity, and the other shows a belief in one's self despite an understanding of how large of a claim is being made?

Nah, probably not.

Still, I have to give you credit on trying to hustle youtube views from slap posters to create the false impression people are actually following you as a musician.

you think im doing this for the youtube views?  nigga please, im at over thousand followers on twitter & ive barely been on there lately, if I simply wanted to push views id be doing on there. the whole point of this thread was to get feedback from a diverse collection of people in order to get a different perspective on my work. Like I said a few posts earlier, it gave me some valuable insight. did you really think i was gonna leave SLAP because all of the people that already dont like me said I was trash? lol, not gonna happen. of course i had to throw in some message board shenanigans in order to spark a compelling discussion but you cant doubt the charisma. everyday you see all these new niggas on here shamelessly tryna push their new skatepark footy on the boards & either get flamed or ignored. I more or less did the exact same thing with MUSIC & now this thread's been going strong for almost a week now, with over 1500 views & 80+ responses. I mean if i was really as deluded as yall seem to think wouldnt this thread have been long forgotten by now?

its all apart of a personal campaign of mine. I'm moving across the country here in a couple months, and releasing this mixtape is the last goal i need to accomplish before I leave behind my old life here in Peoria, IL, and I'm pulling out all the stops in order to make it the best that I can. This is my life's work here, and everything thats influenced my life has to play its part in the final outcome. The insight Ive got from this thread is like SLAP's contribution. William's World is like a musical compilation of my life story, major influences, interests, and fantasies all rolled into one cohesive body of work. Despite what anybody thinks this shit is gonna be groundbreaking due to my drive & fiery passion to make it so. Despite what anybody thinks I'm willing what I truly want to come into fruition & thats just that. Until William's World is released and we get to see the outcome everything else said about it is just opinions & speculation to me.

BRIX SKWIKZ

« Reply #85 on: March 27, 2013, 07:20:27 PM »
YOU SUCK

Sandy Eggo

• Rep: 31
« Reply #86 on: March 27, 2013, 08:12:36 PM »
where ya moving to, buddy?

The Human Condom

• Rep: 45
  • Free condoms! Free condoms from The Human Condom.
    • : /skeɪt/ avatar image
« Reply #87 on: April 18, 2013, 01:06:29 AM »
Make a free mixtape with a bunch of obscure skate video samples and references.  Release it online.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2013, 01:09:12 AM by The Human Condom »

darkslideoftheforce

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -24
« Reply #88 on: April 18, 2013, 05:15:34 AM »
I'm a big hiphop fan and I think it's dope that you're following your dream. I wish you the best of luck. Really.

That said, I wasn't feeling your shit (the songs you posted in this thread). I mean, it's okay, but that's what's wrong with it. It's so "okay" and bland that it just sounds like 98% of the billions of "up-and-coming" rappers out there. You have to sort of develop your own sound/style for people to recognize you from all the others. You got the actual rapping on lock, you just need to be more original with it. Speak about shit that truthfully matters to you and get more soul into your lyrics, because that party/fuck bitches/smoke weed shit is getting tired as fuck and won't be the popular sound for much longer I think. Look at i.e. Kendrick Lamar, who IMO makes real soulfull music that people actually relate to, regardless of background etc. In other words, I want you to be dope, but your not there yet.

I hope that made sense, english is not my native language. Keep on grinding dude.

layzieyez

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1473
  • Illusion Flip
« Reply #89 on: April 18, 2013, 01:05:58 PM »

The best track on this thread.  Mad talented.