Author Topic: Ok yall here's your chance to get rid of me  (Read 23232 times)

Will Easley

Ok yall here's your chance to get rid of me
« on: March 22, 2013, 12:21:23 AM »
So the story goes like this: Former Pal falls from greatness, makes a few niggas catch feelings, and now all of the sudden they wanna be music critics & act as if my life's work is pointless. Honestly, I really dont see how I could even be considered unskilled/talented when it comes to this rap shit after all the work I put in. Like real talk I seriously just cant see it. Even if you DIDN'T like rap I'd think the skill is still obvious. From a technical standpoint I can do shit like string together 8 bar, 3-4 syllable rhymes, my choice of production is as good as anyones given my resources, my subject matter is easily relatable & my flow is always on point. If anything my delivery used to be bogish but after serving something like an apprenticeship even that has become a strength. I seriously just dont get why a handful of yall insist on sippin the hateraid other than the fact you cant stand to see me clown you. So, if yall wanna prove once & for all that I'm as delusional as you claim, now's your chance. None of these half-assed answers either cuz that proves nothing. If you can genuinely convince me that I'm not as good as I think I am I'll focus my account & stop posting. That's my word. Here's what I'm a bring to the table:

Popular (Prod. By Kanye West / Jamison Bethea)
Watch This (Prod. By Bravestarr)
All Night (Prod. By Cardo)
Don't Stop (Prod. By V.Smoove)
Let The Beat Build (2010)
« Last Edit: March 22, 2013, 01:08:15 AM by Will Easley »

ChronicBluntSlider

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 76
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
I like your posts and don't really like rap so I guess I'm not who you're looking for, but I think it sounds good, my criticism would be the lyrics are so self-centered. I like lyrics with more of a social conscious. And I think sometimes thats when entertainment becomes art.

Hercules Rockefeller

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -13
  • i`m a double-bacon-genius-burger.
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
i am white and what is this.

landCow

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 91
Re: Ok yall here's your chance to get rid of me
« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2013, 01:14:29 AM »
my criticism is that its rap.

seriously though, any and all rap is completely lost on me. If you played some indie wuss rock then maybe but otherwise I am really not your audience.

MuchasGracias

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -140
« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2013, 01:26:38 AM »
Will, you got some dope beats though.

smokecrack

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -160
« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2013, 01:42:57 AM »
my man, straight up, you are not offering anything new to rap music at all. you are the definition of mediocrity; you follow what everyone else is doing in hip-hop. you are not helping the genre progress. yes, you can rap. yes, you can pick decent beats. and then what? do you whole-heartedly think that you are contributing anything new to a genre that has existed since the late 70s?

i'm 26 fuckin years old. i'm not gonna act like i know everything when it comes to music, let alone rap music, but i know when i see brilliance. you are not bringing it. stop trying to act like your raps are anything more than just a carbon-copy of what you hear on the radio or see on the blogs. there just isn't much to separate you from the pack of hundreds of other rappers trying to make it.

approach the game from a different angle. if you can't provide me with something i've never heard before, then just fall back and call it a day.

do you honestly think you have an original sound? do you think people would gravitate towards that sound?

if you do, then explain to me why you aren't succeeding off that sound currently.

(and you know i'm not 'hating' on you. just tired of seeing all the emotional, self-focused rants.)

wallieD

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -191
« Reply #6 on: March 22, 2013, 01:44:41 AM »
i listened to the last one. it was good, not bad not great (you rhymed nigga with nigga 4 times in a row). i hate the cocky attitude most rappers have but whatever..it didn't suck

Will Easley

« Reply #7 on: March 22, 2013, 02:17:58 AM »
my man, straight up, you are not offering anything new to rap music at all. you are the definition of mediocrity; you follow what everyone else is doing in hip-hop. you are not helping the genre progress. yes, you can rap. yes, you can pick decent beats. and then what? do you whole-heartedly think that you are contributing anything new to a genre that has existed since the late 70s?

i'm 26 fuckin years old. i'm not gonna act like i know everything when it comes to music, let alone rap music, but i know when i see brilliance. you are not bringing it. stop trying to act like your raps are anything more than just a carbon-copy of what you hear on the radio or see on the blogs. there just isn't much to separate you from the pack of hundreds of other rappers trying to make it.

approach the game from a different angle. if you can't provide me with something i've never heard before, then just fall back and call it a day.

do you honestly think you have an original sound? do you think people would gravitate towards that sound?

if you do, then explain to me why you aren't succeeding off that sound currently.

(and you know i'm not 'hating' on you. just tired of seeing all the emotional, self-focused rants.)

Fair enough, but who's to say I'm not succeeding? I've been in contact with a&r's who fuck with me, I'm fairly known on a local level, & I've had the occasional randoms on the Internet literally telling me I have classics. So yeah, people DO seem to gravitate towards my sound. Remember that im 19 with a matching audience. If your referring to things like view counts or whatever it's because I haven't been actively promoting anything until I drop my mixtape, which is being recorded & mastered in a professional studio. All these songs are basically rough drafts so I ain't even tryna push em like that because it isn't the final product. If I had to make a comparison as to what I'm doing right now a nigga like Goku in the hyperbolic time chamber just mastering my craft, playing it lowkey until its go time. As for "following" what everyone else is doing, I rap about shit that relates to me & make songs that me & my friends vibe to. Am I a carbon copy of wiz khalifa because I made a weed song, even tho the song is something based off my own experiences? Plus all the best shit isnt even released yet so my depth as an artist cant be totally measured until William's World is actually released. Anyways, I'm not even being emotional or self-centered. Just collecting valuable feedback in order to make a great project even better. I'm taking notes in here

Strike A Pose

• Rep: -613
  • Get slapped!
« Reply #8 on: March 22, 2013, 02:21:32 AM »
And Will Easley suffers yet ANOTHER mental BREAKDOWN!!1

GHAHAHHAHAHAHAHA!

Fuckboy!!!

Taking opinions from complete strangers SO PERSONAL!

Who cares???

Getcha SWAGG UP!

Will Easley

« Reply #9 on: March 22, 2013, 02:40:19 AM »
And Will Easley suffers yet ANOTHER mental BREAKDOWN!!1

GHAHAHHAHAHAHAHA!

Fuckboy!!!

Taking opinions from complete strangers SO PERSONAL!

Who cares???

Getcha SWAGG UP!

Explain to me how I'm taking anything personal? I've started a discussion & am collecting feedback from it. I know you've been itching for your chance to "get me" or whatever but this really aint the time, so unless you got something to say about the actual topic at hand you might as well take you & your corner store Timbs somewhere else. Nigga all my case ever since I made fun of his wallpaper n shit lol

the snake

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 350
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
I like your posts and don't really like rap so I guess I'm not who you're looking for, but I think it sounds good, my criticism would be the lyrics are so self-centered. I like lyrics with more of a social conscious. And I think sometimes thats when entertainment becomes art.
exactly what i think

Steyv Seynystyr hyhy

• Rep: -3
« Reply #11 on: March 22, 2013, 03:03:08 AM »
So i listened to these tunes you posted, and yeah i agree that you can rap.
But i have to agree with smokecrack, why should i listen to you?
Your bars are mediocre and your flow sounds the same as everyone else.

I have already heard people absolutely murder some of the beats you are rapping on. kill "let the beat build".
So if you are not bringing anything new to hip-hop whetever it's the style of beats, flow or lyrical skill:

9th Wonder & Buckshot "Stop Rapping" (Audio)
« Last Edit: March 22, 2013, 03:30:12 AM by Steyv Seynystyr hyhy »

friendly dave

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 736
  • grinding to a halt
    • grindingtoahalt avatar image
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #12 on: March 22, 2013, 03:10:14 AM »
Can Vov or C-Hanz please step in here?
Because you can't kill and idea, and we will not be ruled!

the visuals are also mad visual yo
FTW

Will Easley

« Reply #13 on: March 22, 2013, 03:18:40 AM »
So i listened to these tunes you posted, and yeah i agree that you can rap.
But i have to agree with smokecrack, why should i listen to you?
Your bars are mediocre and your flow sounds the same as everyone else.

I have already heard people absolutely murder some of the beats you are rapping on.  
So if you are not bringing anything new to hip-hop whetever it's the style of beats, flow or lyrical skill:

9th Wonder & Buckshot "Stop Rapping" (Audio)

other than let the beat build, all of those song are originals, so how could you have heard someone else "murder" them?

Steyv Seynystyr hyhy

• Rep: -3
« Reply #14 on: March 22, 2013, 03:23:29 AM »
oh im sorry thats the one i was thinking of tho.
guess the other ones sounded like other generic rap i heard..

Bloody Matt

• Rep: -41
« Reply #15 on: March 22, 2013, 05:54:17 AM »
So the story goes like this: Former Pal falls from greatness, makes a few niggas catch feelings, and now all of the sudden they wanna be music critics & act as if my life's work is pointless. Honestly, I really dont see how I could even be considered unskilled/talented when it comes to this rap shit after all the work I put in. Like real talk I seriously just cant see it. Even if you DIDN'T like rap I'd think the skill is still obvious. From a technical standpoint I can do shit like string together 8 bar, 3-4 syllable rhymes, my choice of production is as good as anyones given my resources, my subject matter is easily relatable & my flow is always on point. If anything my delivery used to be bogish but after serving something like an apprenticeship even that has become a strength. I seriously just dont get why a handful of yall insist on sippin the hateraid other than the fact you cant stand to see me clown you. So, if yall wanna prove once & for all that I'm as delusional as you claim, now's your chance. None of these half-assed answers either cuz that proves nothing. If you can genuinely convince me that I'm not as good as I think I am I'll focus my account & stop posting. That's my word.

Who has ever cared about technical art, especially in regards to music? Style and originality (and maybe even having something to say) are far more important. I listened to about 10 seconds of your youtube with the image of the naked woman and just heard some generic rapping over a generic hip hop beat. Sorry.

Aside from that I think you have some alright opinions on skateboarding so maybe you could still post but not use SLAP to promote your music?

KOOL MIKE

« Reply #16 on: March 22, 2013, 07:06:59 AM »
thats the shit i hear on the radio, i don't fuck with that shit. but thats me i guess i'm not into that style of hip hop, but thats unfortunately the style that sells these days, and for some strange reason only bitch emcees fuck with it. sorry to be harsh, but i just don't understand how people can listen to hip hop of yesteryear than still bring this shit out, ya know what im sayin, its like the where was so much progression than this big step backwards was taken. but don't get me wrong i know the real shit is still out there and people are still doing there thing, its just more underground these days.

BRIX SKWIKZ

« Reply #17 on: March 22, 2013, 07:20:04 AM »
TELL US HOW YOU CAN RAP BETTER THAN THESE KIDS SIR ;D
Kris Kross - Jump
« Last Edit: March 22, 2013, 07:25:10 AM by BRIX SKWIKZ »

twitchflip

• Rep: 58
« Reply #18 on: March 22, 2013, 09:10:07 AM »
i'm digging the fact that you're working hard to achieve the goals that you've set for yourself. not too many people seem to be able to throw themselves out there like you have. I can certainly respect that.
my only question is this; what's with the arrogance?
I find Kanye West style egos to be among the most off-putting traits in a person.

paraquat

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 200
« Reply #19 on: March 22, 2013, 09:17:50 AM »
I don't mind your posts. I don't hate your raps.

BUT, as a life long fan of rap, hip hop, and the like, I will say your stuff does not sound unique. Therefore, I wouldn't buy it. But keep doing your thing, because it's about getting personal fulfillment and satisfaction. Your music has everything to do with you, not me, us or them. stay up.

dillanharp

« Reply #20 on: March 22, 2013, 09:22:43 AM »
I tend to agree with you a lot. It's just not my taste in rap.

Will Easley

« Reply #21 on: March 22, 2013, 09:34:59 AM »
i'm digging the fact that you're working hard to achieve the goals that you've set for yourself. not too many people seem to be able to throw themselves out there like you have. I can certainly respect that.
I find Kanye West style egos to be among the most off-putting traits in a person.

Rappers in general are so cocky due to the competitive nature of the art from. Everybody feels like they're one of the best. The bravado is just a part of the game really, but obviously some do it more than others.

As far as my typical arrogance on SLAP, I'm usually just kidding. I don't mind being the butt of my own jokes just because seeing people's over reactions to it is hilarious. Despite its overall ridiculousness, compared to other forums SLAP posters are much more sensitive to things like that, so I take advantage. Compared to sites like hotnewhiphop.com I'm a relatively conservative poster. That shit over there is like the NBA for rap trolls. I'm d-league'n it over here.

Anyways thanks everyone for the words of encouragement and/or critism. I appreciate any & all feedback.

GAY

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 3314
  • Those that SLAP, can't.

i am white and gay and what is this.

Mouth

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -297
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
'No Mouth, you have a negative rep because you are a fan of growing your wealth off of the backs of low paid workers and brag about having bodyguards. You literally kook people for doing charity in South East Asia. Don't deny it.'

McDuff

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 55
« Reply #24 on: March 22, 2013, 10:12:22 AM »

Random Matt

• Rep: 8
Expand Quote
[close]

i am white and gay and what is this.
I thought you were asian, not that it matters.

And I preferred Skated00d to Will Easley.

Beer Keg Peg Leg

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -35
« Reply #26 on: March 22, 2013, 10:54:59 AM »
my criticism of your raps is that they suck dick

ontheswarm

« Reply #27 on: March 22, 2013, 11:16:55 AM »
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tKKxPtP6XjQ
hahahah just watched this shit the other day. 50 tyson is pretty funny too.

Keep it at it Will. Just remember to make the shit that attracts people and has them coming back for more.

Greg Ostertag

• Rep: 47
  • Trabajo sucio
« Reply #28 on: March 22, 2013, 11:21:24 AM »

Your subject matter is generic. I recommend you find your own point of view. At 19 this can be a task, but I think if youre more honest with yourself and don't play to the public's taste, you might capture something original.

I haven't got even a grain of passion or interest in rap music at this juncture in my life, but im fairly confident I could out rap you.
Cold Ghengis

via

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 239
« Reply #29 on: March 22, 2013, 11:37:25 AM »
It's kind of akin to the little kid at the skatepark who kickflips everything, and then acts like he's the best skateboarder on the planet. He can't really do anything else, but he will gloat around the park like his kickflips are the best thing anyone has ever seen, and he should be getting picked up by Plan B and Nike any day now.

"Yeah, I'm really good. I don't know if you've seen my mediocre kickflips, but I rip."

You idolize Kanye West. Kanye West is a terrible rapper. He is an amazing producer, and has done a lot for people as far as making beats goes. But he wanted to be a star, and forced himself onto the scene. Jay-Z signed him without ever having any intention of releasing his album. He just wanted him to be his producer. He held Kanyes album for three years and finally put it out after Kanye threatened to leave and not make beats for him anymore. Even Jay-Z thinks Kanye west is a terrible rapper. Before you say "We'll hey hes rich and on the radio, he must be doing something right?.", keep in mind the rest of the terrible music that has made CEOs millions of dollars. Would you say the backstreet boys were talented, or made good music? No. Listen to Freddie Gibbs then listen to your music. Compare them.

Freddie Gibbs - Crushin' Feelin's

He's a wordsmith, with flow, and solid production. He talks about how awesome he is, but in an intelligent way. Not just "I'm da best mayne, I did it.".