Author Topic: Ok yall here's your chance to get rid of me  (Read 23222 times)

Will Easley

Re: Ok yall here's your chance to get rid of me
« Reply #90 on: April 18, 2013, 04:41:32 PM »
I'm a big hiphop fan and I think it's dope that you're following your dream. I wish you the best of luck. Really.

That said, I wasn't feeling your shit (the songs you posted in this thread). I mean, it's okay, but that's what's wrong with it. It's so "okay" and bland that it just sounds like 98% of the billions of "up-and-coming" rappers out there. You have to sort of develop your own sound/style for people to recognize you from all the others. You got the actual rapping on lock, you just need to be more original with it. Speak about shit that truthfully matters to you and get more soul into your lyrics, because that party/fuck bitches/smoke weed shit is getting tired as fuck and won't be the popular sound for much longer I think. Look at i.e. Kendrick Lamar, who IMO makes real soulfull music that people actually relate to, regardless of background etc. In other words, I want you to be dope, but your not there yet.

I hope that made sense, english is not my native language. Keep on grinding dude.

Thanks man I appreciate it. I definitely took note of y'all been sayin about me needing deeper content with the lyrics, & I've been working on coming up with better, more complex song concepts & finding production that sounds more distinct than what's normally heard.

I came into this project with the intention of making an album filled with "all the kind of songs I like" which kinda mislead me into regurgitating music instead of innovating it. Now I'm more focused on defining my own sound in ways only I can do. I still got some "fun" songs on there but I'm making them much more creative & putting on my own sorta flair. My production is really sample-heavy with lots of trippy synth waves with an experimental vibe to it, especially towards the end. The whole album plays out like a story, and as it progresses you'll notice the production gets more & more complex with my content/subject matter getting deeper & more emotional. Shit is really starting to come together & I've got this thread to thank for that.

where ya moving to, buddy?

Phoenix,AZ In about a month or two

Hate_Then_Skate

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -9
  • Steven Seagal with a Desert Eagle
« Reply #91 on: April 19, 2013, 10:22:39 AM »
I actually listened to your tracks, the first one and last one's were decent, good beats good flow.  I'd have to say you do have a voice and flow that works for rapping, but, voices aren't really important to most people(Guru did well for himself with a completely monotone one).   Some of the other ones though had too much of a raver/electronica/lets pop some X and hug-type vibe to them that I couldn't dig.

And how about rapping about selling drugs, running in gangs, murder?  Even if you don't actually take part in these activities you can still rap about them and the general public will accept it as truth no matter how much information comes out saying otherwise.  Examples: Mobb Deep, Nas, Jay-Z, Rick Ross, Lil Wayne, Dr. Dre, The Game, every popular rapper, etc.  And other than Nas, you're actually better than all those rappers.

You need to kick up your punchlines or whatever though.   No one wants to hear that you "get high like a plane".
Sample of proper plane punchlines  3:05-3:15

Error 400 (Bad Request)!!1

In summation:  deeper punchlines or don't keep it real.
This isn't the 90's anymore. ESPN, Nike and Mountain Dew are Big Brother, Es and beer. Time to slip into some comfy New Balances and head towards old age.

_aminal

• Rep: -8
  • win some, lose most.
« Reply #92 on: April 19, 2013, 07:38:42 PM »
Expand Quote
I'm a big hiphop fan and I think it's dope that you're following your dream. I wish you the best of luck. Really.

That said, I wasn't feeling your shit (the songs you posted in this thread). I mean, it's okay, but that's what's wrong with it. It's so "okay" and bland that it just sounds like 98% of the billions of "up-and-coming" rappers out there. You have to sort of develop your own sound/style for people to recognize you from all the others. You got the actual rapping on lock, you just need to be more original with it. Speak about shit that truthfully matters to you and get more soul into your lyrics, because that party/fuck bitches/smoke weed shit is getting tired as fuck and won't be the popular sound for much longer I think. Look at i.e. Kendrick Lamar, who IMO makes real soulfull music that people actually relate to, regardless of background etc. In other words, I want you to be dope, but your not there yet.

I hope that made sense, english is not my native language. Keep on grinding dude.
[close]

Thanks man I appreciate it. I definitely took note of y'all been sayin about me needing deeper content with the lyrics, & I've been working on coming up with better, more complex song concepts & finding production that sounds more distinct than what's normally heard.

I came into this project with the intention of making an album filled with "all the kind of songs I like" which kinda mislead me into regurgitating music instead of innovating it. Now I'm more focused on defining my own sound in ways only I can do. I still got some "fun" songs on there but I'm making them much more creative & putting on my own sorta flair. My production is really sample-heavy with lots of trippy synth waves with an experimental vibe to it, especially towards the end. The whole album plays out like a story, and as it progresses you'll notice the production gets more & more complex with my content/subject matter getting deeper & more emotional. Shit is really starting to come together & I've got this thread to thank for that.

Expand Quote
where ya moving to, buddy?
[close]

Phoenix,AZ In about a month or two

gross, good luck.

Ed's impossibles are like gonzs kickflips....

Gomez

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -441
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #93 on: April 19, 2013, 11:17:02 PM »
you have mic presence, your production choices didn't really engage me though so i wasn't feeling em. but i'll be checking out your tape for sure, at least for that acid track.

Ronald Wilson Reagan

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -937
  • I own Malibu? I am going to fuck you.
« Reply #94 on: April 20, 2013, 11:36:34 AM »
If you can genuinely convince me that I'm not as good as I think I am I'll focus my account & stop posting. That's my word.

I definitely took note of y'all been sayin about me needing deeper content with the lyrics, & I've been working on coming up with better, more complex song concepts & finding production that sounds more distinct than what's normally heard.

I came into this project with the intention of making an album filled with "all the kind of songs I like" which kinda mislead me into regurgitating music instead of innovating it.

So your word means shit eh?

Time to focus sk8d00d.
Are you a kook? If you would say this, the answer is “YES”
I quit skating for a time due to piling out

Will Easley

« Reply #95 on: April 20, 2013, 11:57:36 AM »
Nope, I still feel like im the shit in terms of skill/talent level. just gotta go in a different, more original direction creatively.

besides gipper you know tha SLAP game needs more outspoken light-skin niggas like myself you know dont wanna see me go. I'm a be on here until niggas start posting about my celebrity-skateboarder lifestyle exploits ala Lil Wayne. I just wanna come back & stunt on all the niggas who doubted me, ya know?

via

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 239
« Reply #96 on: April 20, 2013, 12:07:33 PM »
Nope, I still feel like im the shit in terms of skill/talent level. just gotta go in a different, more original direction creatively.

besides gipper you know tha SLAP game needs more outspoken light-skin niggas like myself you know dont wanna see me go. I'm a be on here until niggas start posting about my celebrity-skateboarder lifestyle exploits ala Lil Wayne. I just wanna come back & stunt on all the niggas who doubted me, ya know?

More original... by doing what everyone was telling you to do.

"Original"

Also, everyone on this goddamn website is outspoken. You're dead in the middle of a race to mediocrity. Nothin special.

Will Easley

« Reply #97 on: April 20, 2013, 12:16:28 PM »
it was sound advice. I recognized how some of my songs could be perceived as "generic" & now I have directed my focus on coming up with more compelling song concepts & unique flows. I practically train myself as a rapper, I been recording 30 minute freestyle sessions on my phone and listening to them twice. the first listen I pay close attention & write down lines that i like & the second time i listen in to it while im doing something else as a way to let my unconscious mind sorta digest it & imprint what I like and what needs work. ive done exactly 6 said freestyle sessions since i made this thread & the results have been very good. if i can get some studio time before I go outta town for a couple weeks ill post what i've. ive got some really good shit tho im excited with what ive come up with.

but yeah via you always been thirsty to get at me n whatnot so carry on with your words of discouragement. its motivation really.

Tracer

• Rep: -65309
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
« Reply #98 on: April 20, 2013, 12:46:58 PM »
Good shit Willy! You got balls to do this, much better than J Casanova.. YOu know what they say if you don't have haters you aren't important

Run that shit

Mundungus

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 58
  • ∆∆∆
« Reply #99 on: April 20, 2013, 04:46:58 PM »
so Tracer likes your raps and your rhymes

KOOL MIKE

« Reply #100 on: April 21, 2013, 12:46:06 AM »

you got it wrong tho, we saying that you got potential and probably could get famous but for all the wrong reasons, comin out wit some pop star sequin wearing shiny fluoro jacket shit. i know i sound like an asshole, but i'm just sick of this fake rap coming out. you should have a go fuckin wit some real beats and shit man i think you would like it.

Beer Keg Peg Leg

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -35
« Reply #101 on: April 21, 2013, 02:05:44 AM »
can't wait to bump this thread in ten years

Fake Tits

« Reply #102 on: April 21, 2013, 02:06:18 AM »
Not a fan.

But good luck man.

Ronald Wilson Reagan

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -937
  • I own Malibu? I am going to fuck you.
« Reply #103 on: April 21, 2013, 11:10:11 AM »
I just kooked you for making it clear you don't have him on ignore. I encourage all others with kooking ability to do the same.

Easley, you add character to this place, I'm not denying that. I am questioning your word though. You know all that helpful criticism wouldn't have come if you didn't make the promise you did.
Are you a kook? If you would say this, the answer is “YES”
I quit skating for a time due to piling out

BRIX SKWIKZ

« Reply #104 on: April 21, 2013, 11:13:34 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]
I just kooked you for making it clear you don't have him on ignore. I encourage all others with kooking ability to do the same.

YOU ARE A FAGGOT

Will Easley

« Reply #105 on: April 21, 2013, 06:19:14 PM »

Easley, you add character to this place, I'm not denying that. I am questioning your word though. You know all that helpful criticism wouldn't have come if you didn't make the promise you did.

Pretty sure all my honor & integrity here went out the window a loonnnnnggg time ago.

Mundungus

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 58
  • ∆∆∆
« Reply #106 on: April 23, 2013, 07:00:07 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

He's my favo(u)rite poster. You're a close second.