Author Topic: London brick bank  (Read 1491 times)

chinasky

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -6
London brick bank
« on: February 14, 2013, 02:03:20 PM »
I'm going to London with some friends at the end of the month and we are looking for this spot. We know it's in the Bethnal Green area.
Anyone has a more precise address ?

Thanks.

Grubby Mits

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -76
  • kim you need to leave him
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
Re: London brick bank
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2013, 05:22:02 PM »
Pretty sure thats columbia road. You might want to check this out in victoria park (right next to the skatepark), I saw it the other day and it's sketchy but a lot of possibilties, not even sure what it's meant to be (some sort of water feature?). If you want to get some streetcred, try skateboarding down the slide next to it

« Last Edit: February 14, 2013, 05:29:57 PM by Grubby Mits »

chinasky

« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2013, 07:26:55 PM »
Thanks man !

CossRooper

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 138
  • What are you up to, drawing leafs?
    • timecube avatar image
« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2013, 10:22:43 PM »
Pretty sure thats columbia road. You might want to check this out in victoria park (right next to the skatepark), I saw it the other day and it's sketchy but a lot of possibilties, not even sure what it's meant to be (some sort of water feature?). If you want to get some streetcred, try skateboarding down the slide next to it

....holy shit

cringe.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 414
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2013, 03:29:42 AM »
im not so sure it is columbia road... i would ask on sidewalk forum they'll know there

p.s if u find out post in here cos i wanna check that spot
« Last Edit: February 16, 2013, 05:42:35 AM by cringe. »

Grubby Mits

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2013, 01:17:25 PM »
Yeah that is definately a good idea. I'm not sure either, been there before but not recently so I can't be certain.

smellofdeath2

• Rep: 24
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #6 on: February 16, 2013, 03:06:34 PM »
I'm going to London with some friends at the end of the month and we are looking for this spot. We know it's in the Bethnal Green area.
Anyone has a more precise address ?

Thanks.

There's a bike rack/bus shelter thing there now, blocking most of the flat bit of the bank - you can still skate the end of it but the majority of the bank is unreachable now.
Sorry.

smellofdeath2

• Rep: 24
« Reply #7 on: February 16, 2013, 03:07:20 PM »
On the upside, there are about a million other good bank spots in London, place is full of banks.

chinasky

« Reply #8 on: February 17, 2013, 08:18:42 AM »
Anyone has other bank spots recomendation which are not a bust ?

Grubby Mits

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #9 on: February 17, 2013, 12:14:43 PM »
Southbank would be a good place to start

cringe.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 414
« Reply #10 on: February 19, 2013, 07:58:17 AM »
euston brick banks / black marble banks are awesome. southbank obviously yeah. theres some really fun black banks by the 'southhampton buildings' in holborn/chancery lane and then at LSE down the road there some steep wallride things, and around 29 whitefriars street if you climb in behind the plants theres some fun small ones, shepherds bush in front of the mariot hotel some red brick ones, by SOAS univeristy theres some tall crusty ones. in wandsworth (pretty far out) are all the banks you've probably seen in Clockwork Orange. outside pimlico station theres a bank thing, lots of places you'll come across small brick/concrete banks jsut skating around too (quite a lot in north london where i live ) and just lots more in general i cant think of off the top of my head right now. PM if u want any directions
also some mellow ones just down from highbury and islington station (about 50 holloway road)
« Last Edit: February 24, 2013, 09:57:51 AM by cringe. »

Bertie

• Rep: 65
« Reply #11 on: February 19, 2013, 09:16:21 AM »

Grubby Mits

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #12 on: February 19, 2013, 01:14:03 PM »
euston brick banks / black marble banks are awesome. southbank obviously yeah. theres some really fun black banks by the 'southhampton buildings' in holborn/chancery lane and then at LSE down the road there some steep wallride things, and around 29 whitefriars street if you climb in behind the plants theres some fun small ones, shepherds bush in front of the mariot hotel some red brick ones, by SOAS univeristy theres some tall crusty ones. in wandsworth (pretty far out) are all the banks you've probably seen in Clockwork Orange. outside pimlico station theres a bank thing, lots of places you'll come across small brick/concrete banks jsut skating around too (quite a lot in north london where i live ) and just lots more in general i cant think of off the top of my head right now. PM if u want any directions

The euston brick banks are pretty crusty and there is always human traffic but those marble ones are sick, really want to grind that box. There's some other little things dotted around euston station like that marble (i think) ledge near the brick banks but the floor isnt great

newMe

• Rep: 18
« Reply #13 on: March 27, 2013, 11:21:13 AM »
That brick back isnn't really skateable anymore. They put a big bike-lock/roofed structure in front of it. Sorry.