Author Topic: Washington Dc Baltimore Md. Maryland  (Read 10570 times)

FilmJerz

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 5
Washington Dc Baltimore Md. Maryland
« on: March 26, 2013, 07:53:41 AM »
  Me and some homies are headin to dc and Baltimore and Maryland this weekend.  Was wondering if anyone from those areas could help me out with a couple specific spots.  I will post pictures later on cause I'm at work now. 
Ramp to loading dock angle iron ledge Gilbert Crockett does a kflip fs nosegrind on it in cinematogher transworld video in alien section.

Also does anyone know where this ramp to yellow angle iron drop ledge is here is a video
Link. 212
http://m.youtube.com/#/watch?v=C9MreK9Nt7c

Any help is much appreciated.  Any suggestions on some cool spots is also much appreciated.  I've been to alot of the famous spots.   Any natural quarter pipes bank grinders DIY spots.  Thanks

tortfeasor

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 341
Re: Washington Dc Baltimore Md. Maryland
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2013, 05:28:33 PM »
i was just skating the DC area a few weeks ago when i was down there for some trial competition bullshit/interviews.  I got two solid days of skating in and here are some notes

the Bridge spot near navy is really fun and really easy to get to. there are also these really cool Dr. Seuss looking benches near a what looks like a roller hockey rink a few blocks over.    The locals there are wicked nice and will take you around no questions asked
The Maloof Park was a blast but kind of a pain in the ass to get to.  However if you get the chance its pretty cool to skate and everything on it was flawless. 

street skating is good but keep your head on a swivel.  the archives/freedom plaza area was really cool but my favorite spot was this random ass manny pad that was a little further down (away from freedom place) past archives.   Also near the 1st district court of appeals (judicary square train stop)  are these amazing curved benches that skate like ice with a sick ass hill as a runway... the closest land mark on google maps is   "Washington DC Human Rightsmore info‎ 441 4th St NW # 570N Washington, DC 20001"

i dont know where that spot at 212 but DC  is filthy with spots.  hope i could help enjoy your trip!!!
more heaven-cruise than hell-ride.

Mostly

• Rep: 24
    • MostlySkateboarding avatar image
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2013, 06:00:34 PM »
Japanese memorial is a granite ledge going down a hill on your left side. Supe fun, and not a bust as far as I am aware. The wave benches are along the water near the Nationals stadium. They are really hard to skate so I wouldn't make an effort to skate them but if you find yourself in the area they are worth checking out. There are tons of spots you can just stumble across between Pulaski and the capitol just keep your eyes out for cops of all sorts.

BoAtZ

« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2013, 06:42:50 PM »
  Me and some homies are headin to dc and Baltimore and Maryland this weekend.  Was wondering if anyone from those areas could help me out with a couple specific spots.  I will post pictures later on cause I'm at work now. 
Ramp to loading dock angle iron ledge Gilbert Crockett does a kflip fs nosegrind on it in cinematogher transworld video in alien section.

Also does anyone know where this ramp to yellow angle iron drop ledge is here is a video
Link. 212
http://m.youtube.com/#/watch?v=C9MreK9Nt7c

Any help is much appreciated.  Any suggestions on some cool spots is also much appreciated.  I've been to alot of the famous spots.   Any natural quarter pipes bank grinders DIY spots.  Thanks

not sure about the gilbert crockett spot, but the spot in the video you posted is called John Deere (its at one of their warehouses) and its in Frederick MD. I dunno the exact address but you can probably find it if you just search it...I think its the only one around there

SkateViolence

• Rep: 9
« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2013, 07:56:02 PM »
Downtown is awesome and all but if you go further up into northwest there are a lot of cool spots and the bust factor is generally lower. Columbia heights has a lot of cool stuff within like 4 blocks of the metro station. There is a sick ledge gap spot at 14th and Oak NW I think it is? If you just skate around you'll find stuff. Also, there are some natural brick quarterpipes in georgetown  that have popped up in a lot of videos. If you're into skating tranny, there's a pretty rad but kinda janky unmonitored bowl in this park off 20th and Rhode Island NE.
« Last Edit: March 26, 2013, 07:58:22 PM by SkateViolence »

FilmJerz

« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2013, 07:26:35 AM »
Thanks alot.  I've been to most of those spots.  Does anyone anyone know what street these rounded curbs with the small banks on them are?
http://m.youtube.com/#/watch?v=IHjp2Dpvx0g
1:54
Does anyone know wherethe fountain is with mini quarter pipes there is A bunch of levels of the fountain

Does anyone know where this fountain is you can do slide popovers into the fountain

Anyone know where this bank to ledge is at giant brand supermarket is it still skateable?

Does anyone know where these benches are they have like wallie slants on side.  People do wallie grindsslides

Does anyone know where this circle manual to brick bank is

Brick flat gap at 506

Bank to steps bank at 531

SkateViolence

« Reply #6 on: March 27, 2013, 08:53:00 AM »
Thanks alot.  I've been to most of those spots.  Does anyone anyone know what street these rounded curbs with the small banks on them are?
1:54
Does anyone know wherethe fountain is with mini quarter pipes there is A bunch of levels of the fountain

Does anyone know where this fountain is you can do slide popovers into the fountain

Anyone know where this bank to ledge is at giant brand supermarket is it still skateable?

Does anyone know where these benches are they have like wallie slants on side.  People do wallie grindsslides

Does anyone know where this circle manual to brick bank is

Brick flat gap at 506

Bank to steps bank at 531

The rounded curbs/small banks are outside the U St metro station at the African American Civil War Memorial.

The fountain with all the different levels is in Meridian Hill Park (formerly known as Malcolm X park so that's what people call it)

The fountain you can do slide/popovers in is at Freedom/Pulaski.

The circle manual pad and the benches are somewhere in Baltimore but I'm not sure where.

Also, feel free to message me when you're gonna be in DC. I can't guarantee I'll be free but I might be able to hit up a spot or two with you.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2013, 01:13:03 PM by SkateViolence »

FilmJerz

« Reply #7 on: March 28, 2013, 05:28:56 AM »
I think your thinking of a different spot for the slide popovers.  The one I'm talking bout is like a fountain with like a rounded edge people do like noseslide popovers and Ollie in trick out I think I've seen

Ight maybe ill message you thanks man

Does anyone know where them wallie benches are or the circle manual pads into brick bank  supposely both in Baltimore.  

Also does anyone know where that manny spot is its like different elevations like colored green looks like middle of projects. Prob Maryland or Baltimore ? Jimmy McDonald skated it.

Also does anyone know where this hubba with kink on it is.  I heard its in dc. Not sure where though.
Switch bs50 kink hubba at 137

Does anyone know where the 2 Philly steps in a row are going down hill in Baltimore. There like white graniteish material

Any help is much appreciated.  Ill try to post video grabs after work

Thanks!

« Last Edit: March 28, 2013, 05:36:18 AM by FilmJerz »

SkateViolence

« Reply #8 on: March 28, 2013, 07:06:43 AM »
There are two fountains like that that. They are actually shown back to back at 0:57 here:

The first one is Freedom/Pulaski. Not totally sure where the second one is.

FilmJerz

« Reply #9 on: March 28, 2013, 11:02:59 AM »
Yea the 2nd one is the one I'm trying to find

Lumpy Oatmeal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 111
  • only the classics
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #10 on: March 28, 2013, 08:19:34 PM »
if you wanna feel like a real skate tourist, skate from freedom to the capital and see how many "famous" spots you can find
and yall dont need to be worryin about my rep, if yall really need to know, its cause no other rapper on here gully enough to do the dirt dolo i done
[quote author=drunk link=topic=46570.msg125

FilmJerz

« Reply #11 on: March 28, 2013, 10:10:22 PM »
skated alot of the famous ones, trying to finda couple certain ones that look fun!

Jive Turkey

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 93
« Reply #12 on: May 23, 2014, 02:51:40 AM »
A friend of mine is going to DC from Japan in August or September.

I told him to hit up Pulaski but don't know anything about DC other than that.
Anyone here know of any legit shops or spots to run into locals?

Any help would be appreciated.

rails

• Rep: -50
« Reply #13 on: May 26, 2014, 01:13:06 PM »
palace 5ive is a decent shop, i got a set of spitfire classics 51 and spitfire cheapshots there last month. they had a good selection of decks and indy trucks and there were a lot of skaters around the area they said there was a skatepark nearby

Jive Turkey

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 93
« Reply #14 on: May 26, 2014, 06:34:24 PM »
Cool. Thanks man!
That should do it. He probably better going there first and asking rather than me trying to put some shit together.

Tarela

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 11
  • We spent four seasons at the Four Seasons twice
« Reply #15 on: May 26, 2014, 10:59:24 PM »
palace 5ive is a decent shop, i got a set of spitfire classics 51 and spitfire cheapshots there last month. they had a good selection of decks and indy trucks and there were a lot of skaters around the area they said there was a skatepark nearby

The closest skatepark is Shaw Park, pretty chill metal pre fab stuff like banks, quarter and a barrier and i think a mini with a spine.... its maybe 5/6 slightly long skateable blocks over give or take i forgot exactly where it was though dont wanna give you wrong directions....also connected to that park is that 5 block spot that Bobby Worrest Sw Tre's in his transworld part.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2014, 11:01:58 PM by Tarela »