Stretch before a session?

Always
9 (40.9%)
Never
2 (9.1%)
Sometimes
11 (50%)

Total Members Voted: 21

Author Topic: Ankle Strengthening/ Stretching  (Read 3192 times)

SecretShake

• Rep: -1
Re: Ankle Strengthening/ Stretching
« Reply #30 on: April 18, 2013, 10:27:50 AM »
I rolled my pushing ankle in a really weird way almost 3 months ago, the top and the medial side of my ankle was the worst and I couldn't squat/land tricks without being in a lot of pain, anyway I got really pissed off on how long it was taking to heal and thought I may of done something worse, like fracture it or an impingement, but two weeks ago I bought some resistance bands and have been using them everyday since, now my ankle's feeling so much stronger and I've been skating - nothing big or major flatground, but it feels super good and I'm much happier.

I tried the wobble board and it didn't do much for me, although mine sprain wasn't your regular outside-ankle sprain.

Check them out, just tie it around your bed frame leg and around your foot then flex your ankle doing sets and reps in different directions.

Senrud

• Rep: 41
    • Twatter
Re: Ankle Strengthening/ Stretching
« Reply #31 on: April 18, 2013, 10:44:58 AM »
if you're sitting in a chair rest your feet directly below your knees and slowly move your feet forwards while keeping them as flat on the ground without lifting. do that behind you too keeping your feet flat to the ground without lifting. it's a super easy way to strengthen your ankles if you're stuck in a class or at the dmv, doctor or wherever