Author Topic: Mike Vallely Interview, if you give a fuck.  (Read 17404 times)

FFL

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 0

Monty Burns

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -324
  • Release the hounds
Re: Mike Vallely Interview, if you give a fuck.
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2013, 08:28:04 AM »
Wow , must have been a hard interview to do , good questions and all . But Vallely seems to be the most negative , pompus , douchebag ever

what a cunt

Tracer

• Rep: -65309
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2013, 08:38:15 AM »
Mike handled that pretty well, a true skater

Merked

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -157
« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2013, 08:43:16 AM »
Wow , must have been a hard interview to do , good questions and all . But Vallely seems to be the most negative , pompus , douchebag ever

what a cunt

Fact.  This interview made me hate him even more...

Edit:  Tracer is a faggot.
« Last Edit: April 05, 2013, 08:45:18 AM by Merked »
I suck at SLAP.

FFL

« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2013, 09:10:28 AM »

what a cunt

There is an intro question I left out:

Current sponsors: (I don?t feel like listing off my sponsors? Please eliminate this question.)

We just thought: WTF- those are paying your bills. Well I asume he tried to avoid any inaccuracy, due to prompt sponsor changes or he dumps ELEPHANT out of the blue. If you look back to his sponsor hopping- it makes perfect sense. hahahaha

And yes, he acted like a C and a D.

Cheers for writing the comment

pizzafliptofakie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1962
« Reply #5 on: April 05, 2013, 09:59:34 AM »
Seriously the worst.

Irrelevant

• Rep: 5
« Reply #6 on: April 05, 2013, 10:00:55 AM »
Well Mike V being Mike V aside, I can't really blame him for giving braindead answers to braindead questions.  Why even bother arranging the interview if you're just going to ask the same old canned questions?

FFL

« Reply #7 on: April 05, 2013, 10:18:47 AM »
Quote from: Irrelevant  link=topic=69301.msg1885575#msg1885575 date=1365181255
Well Mike V being Mike V aside, I can't really blame him for giving braindead answers to braindead questions.  Why even bother arranging the interview if you're just going to ask the same old canned questions?

Cause he never managed to answer even a braindead question in 25 years. Would you bother asking him a non braindead question instead???
We made the attamped, cause we had some hope left, that he would now answer a straight question about his roots and history.
Well, in 25 yrs we`ll give it a try again.

shone237

« Reply #8 on: April 05, 2013, 10:20:47 AM »
yes you can blame him! It's the exact reason he's on his 5th company. Rather than treating the interviewer with respect cause he's just doing his job and he kinda hoped as a grown man Mike might be professional enough to do the same, he acts like a self entitled brat. Yes this is how you would act if you were antwuan or some hot shit new pro. But to act like that as a grown man trying to promote your company and support a family. Not to mention it's insulting to anyone that might like him enough to read the interview(myself included.) I was going to get an elephant board to support him till I read that interview. Now I wish he would go away and stop tainting his legacy.

« Last Edit: April 05, 2013, 10:27:57 AM by shone237 »

otis shredding

« Reply #9 on: April 05, 2013, 10:30:03 AM »
wow this dude is such a cocksucker. i thank him for his contributions to skateboarding at a time when he was relevant but honestly this dude sucks so hard and needs to get the fuck over himself. and doing 2 sentence answers for an interview, are you serious? dude was probably spending to much time trying to re-write skate history to revolve around his career or complaining about how he was "abused" by his sponsors on his website.

ben shraider

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -264
« Reply #10 on: April 05, 2013, 10:30:39 AM »
Man those were some lame bullshit questions dude. You should be happy that he even bothered to send you any answers whatsoever. This actually made me like Mike V a bit more, most pros would've wrote some long mindless answers.

GAY

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 3287
  • Those that SLAP, can't.
« Reply #11 on: April 05, 2013, 10:34:59 AM »
Mike V. is down with the P.E.
Now every single bitch wanna see me!
Big daddy's smooth word to mother,
"Let's check out a sponsor that exploits the color."

FFL

« Reply #12 on: April 05, 2013, 10:40:17 AM »
Man those were some lame bullshit questions dude. You should be happy that he even bothered to send you any answers whatsoever. This actually made me like Mike V a bit more, most pros would've wrote some long mindless answers.

Mission accomplished then

Rusty Shackleford

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 124
  • you know about goretex?
« Reply #13 on: April 05, 2013, 10:58:03 AM »
like many others, I only respect his skating. his whiny hypocrisy is way too much

Bitter

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 162
« Reply #14 on: April 05, 2013, 11:03:16 AM »
Still enjoy his skating, but he comes across as a total dick in that interview.

oyolar

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 380
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #15 on: April 05, 2013, 11:15:57 AM »
I liked that he claims to be living in the present/moment and not looking to the past or reflecting on it when all of his personal writings and press releases are nothing but him bitching about the raw deal that skateboarding has handed him. And maybe if he did pay attention to the business and industry sides of skating, he wouldn't have failed four times before. And how is Elephant different from any of his old companies? Is it because he didn't fuck over Svitak and shops like he did with BTS? Or is it because he didn't name it after himself like an asshole?

Will Easley

« Reply #16 on: April 05, 2013, 12:17:52 PM »
man this nigga BEEN trash! can you say washed up? Just like the man himself, I miss the glory days...

1vs5 Street fight AWSOME!!!!
« Last Edit: April 05, 2013, 12:20:47 PM by Will Easley »

mr cheese

« Reply #17 on: April 05, 2013, 01:00:36 PM »

MeanestCleanestPenis

• Rep: 40
« Reply #18 on: April 05, 2013, 03:37:42 PM »
When this company fails...and I mean when not if, I'm backing that idea of him and Stu Graham having a company called Beatdown Skateboards where instead of demos they just turn up at skateparks and start beating the shit out of everyone. First the scooterers, then bmx riders, kooky skateboarders and a few parents for good measure. A full length vid of that shit would be amazing and it would help Mike get some of his angst out. I mean in my book, all he has to do is beat the shit out of a few security guards again and I will consider him relevant again maybe even buy a board

Will Easley

« Reply #19 on: April 05, 2013, 03:48:46 PM »
When this company fails...and I mean when not if, I'm backing that idea of him and Stu Graham having a company called Beatdown Skateboards where instead of demos they just turn up at skateparks and start beating the shit out of everyone. First the scooterers, then bmx riders, kooky skateboarders and a few parents for good measure. A full length vid of that shit would be amazing and it would help Mike get some of his angst out. I mean in my book, all he has to do is beat the shit out of a few security guards again and I will consider him relevant again maybe even buy a board

heard from a reliable source they're picking up Antwuan as well

GAY

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 3287
  • Those that SLAP, can't.
« Reply #20 on: April 05, 2013, 04:33:33 PM »
Hey guys,

It's me...Mike V.

I feel like the interview that this thread is about was kind-of...well, to be honest, it painted me in a light that I'm not quite comfortable with. I've been doing this skateboardin' and talking about myself thing for a long time now, and sometimes context really throws things out of perspective. Although I appreciated the opportunity to talk more about myself (and who doesn't? LOL!), after it was over I kind-of felt similar to the way Duffel probably felt after calling Stevie Williams a "trashy nigger" (OMG! LOL!!). In other words, I felt like a whole lot of people who read the things I had said were probably going to rightly judge me as silly, irrelevant, sad, frustrated, possibly impotent, washed up, milking it...oh my goodness the list goes on and on.

So, without further adieu, let me tell you a little story about who I am and what I'm actually, really about. Truly.

My name is Mike Vallely.

To clear things up for everybody, you can pronounce my last name a variety of ways. You can pronounce it like you're saying the name "Beyond the Valley of the Dolls" but with a bit of a stutter: "Beyond the Vall-elly of the Dolls". OR, you can say it like you're spanish: Vayeyeeey. There's no right or wrong way to say it, between you and me. People try all kinds of ways...I'm a really laid back kind of guy so honestly it doesn't matter to me.

I've been skating for a long time. It's my bread and butter. My yen and yang. My tweedledee and tweedledumb. It's my rock and my sofa. It's the thing that has made me popular, and I'm grateful for that.

When I was a little whippersnapper I could do the splits like nobody's business. Here's me doing some neat thing when I was in my skater/hip hop dancer phase:

I was a pretty big deal back in the late 80's/early 90's riding for a little company you might have heard of called POWELL FUCKIN' PERALTA! Yeah. Big leagues, bitches. I had this very marketable look and a unique style where I wouldn't quite land tricks but I'd just keep going. It's like, when you do a kickflip and your front foot lands on the board but your back foot misses? Well, if you just push and pretend you meant for that to happen...I think you get my drift. I also did some wacky stuff like run through graveyards to sad plant (I'm also a poet)...just really gnarly stuff and kids ate it up. I sold a bunch of boards with elephants on them. I've always loved elephants because they never forget, and I can hang on to a grudge like no woman on the face of the planet. #NVR4GET

Anyway, I rode for another huge company called World Industries which kind of made their name pooping on the company that gave me my big break. Giggle. What goes around then comes and goes back around, you feel me? I sold a shit-ton of these boards:

And ushered in a whole new clear grip tape renaissance due to the big honkin' graphic on top. It was during this time that bros would mount two of their bolts upside down on the front truck in the hopes of ollieing higher. Can you say, "Sweet"?

Then a whole bunch of whacky, amazing stuff happened. I got sponsored by an extreme pogo stick company:

I grew my hair:

I rocked out:

I did public recitations of my own poetry (or "pow-ert-ree" as I like to say):

I "made it" in Hollywood, a town full of impressionable douche bags, yes men, faggots (sorry gay) and sluts with small titties:

I have to say...when it came to being a star on the silver screen I completely came, saw, conquered, and then put Hollywood to death By The Sword.

I was so awesome in that movie they invited me to this big party and had me pretend to be mad...it was the role I was basically born to play:

That Kevin Bacon...he's the sweetest guy. Just a big ol' teddy bear.

This led to a starring role in the Spanish version of "The Passion of the Christ", which was so cool and totally hooked me up with the dude who mows my lawn now:

Anyway, after I shit all over skateboarding, the movie industry, poetry, bitches with tiny tits, mega-corporations and once-mega-corporations, I decided it was time to blastoff like J.R., switch the script, and do something whacky and nutty. What was this nutty thing? Hockey. That's right. From skateboards to ice skates...natural progression if you ask me:

The thing with hockey is that you can't pretend to land a trick and then just keep on pushin'. That shit was 4 reals. Needless to say, I didn't want to ruin this pretty face (in case modeling or more Hollywood bullshit is in my future) so I left the meatheads to their sport. Fuckin' meatheads.

Along the way I met some pretty gnarly bros. Here's me with this guy who was pretty gnarly:

Awkwardly placed star tat? CHECK! Middle finger extended? CHECK! Festival arm band? CHECK! Questionable motherfuckin' sunglasses? MOTHERFUCKIN' CHECK! This dude enwrappens the spirit of the Mike V. We still keep in touch on facebook and he is gnarly as he looks.

I also met this dude who is a skate GOD:

I'm talking about the dude in the middle. That bitch on the right? Kris Koll. Total meathead. LOL I whipped his pussy ass at a game of S-K-A-T-E, breakin' rulez and takin' namez'. I know you feel me.

Last couple of li'l known facts about your man Mike V. I love to fight. Love it. Surprised? Yeah...most people don't know that about me and are surprised when they find out, but it's true:

Temper tantrums are my forte, and any time I leave my house there ain't a motherfucker safe, nahmean? LOL These fists have more fury in 'em than John Rocker at a gay pride parade. Does that even make sense? Well it does to me! BAM!

Anyway, I'm so tired of typing so let's just wrap this up with a mug shot of me muggin' for the camera. Catch me on tour chillin with my fave music or just generally stoking things up, down, side to side, in and out and every which way! Yea!

Oh! And buy my poppers! Thanks fellas.

FFL

« Reply #21 on: April 05, 2013, 04:49:01 PM »
Hey guys,

It's me...Mike V.

I feel like the interview that this thread is about was kind-of...well, to be honest, it painted me in a light that I'm not quite comfortable with. I've been doing this skateboardin' and talking about myself thing for a long time now, and sometimes context really throws things out of perspective. Although I appreciated the opportunity to talk more about myself (and who doesn't? LOL!), after it was over I kind-of felt similar to the way Duffel probably felt after calling Stevie Williams a "trashy nigger" (OMG! LOL!!). In other words, I felt like a whole lot of people who read the things I had said were probably going to rightly judge me as silly, irrelevant, sad, frustrated, possibly impotent, washed up, milking it...oh my goodness the list goes on and on.

So, without further adieu, let me tell you a little story about who I am and what I'm actually, really about. Truly.

My name is Mike Vallely.

To clear things up for everybody, you can pronounce my last name a variety of ways. You can pronounce it like you're saying the name "Beyond the Valley of the Dolls" but with a bit of a stutter: "Beyond the Vall-elly of the Dolls". OR, you can say it like you're spanish: Vayeyeeey. There's no right or wrong way to say it, between you and me. People try all kinds of ways...I'm a really laid back kind of guy so honestly it doesn't matter to me.

I've been skating for a long time. It's my bread and butter. My yen and yang. My tweedledee and tweedledumb. It's my rock and my sofa. It's the thing that has made me popular, and I'm grateful for that.

When I was a little whippersnapper I could do the splits like nobody's business. Here's me doing some neat thing when I was in my skater/hip hop dancer phase:

I was a pretty big deal back in the late 80's/early 90's riding for a little company you might have heard of called POWELL FUCKIN' PERALTA! Yeah. Big leagues, bitches. I had this very marketable look and a unique style where I wouldn't quite land tricks but I'd just keep going. It's like, when you do a kickflip and your front foot lands on the board but your back foot misses? Well, if you just push and pretend you meant for that to happen...I think you get my drift. I also did some wacky stuff like run through graveyards to sad plant (I'm also a poet)...just really gnarly stuff and kids ate it up. I sold a bunch of boards with elephants on them. I've always loved elephants because they never forget, and I can hang on to a grudge like no woman on the face of the planet. #NVR4GET

Anyway, I rode for another huge company called World Industries which kind of made their name pooping on the company that gave me my big break. Giggle. What goes around then comes and goes back around, you feel me? I sold a shit-ton of these boards:

And ushered in a whole new clear grip tape renaissance due to the big honkin' graphic on top. It was during this time that bros would mount two of their bolts upside down on the front truck in the hopes of ollieing higher. Can you say, "Sweet"?

Then a whole bunch of whacky, amazing stuff happened. I got sponsored by an extreme pogo stick company:

I grew my hair:

I rocked out:

I "made it" in Hollywood, a town full of impressionable douche bags, yes men, faggots (sorry gay) and sluts with small titties:

I have to say...when it came to being a star on the silver screen I completely came, saw, conquered, and then put Hollywood to death By The Sword.

I was so awesome in that movie they invited me to this big party and had me pretend to be mad...it was the role I was basically born to play:

This led to a starring role in the Spanish version of "The Passion of the Christ", which was so cool and totally hooked me up with the dude who mows my lawn now:

Anyway, after I shit all over skateboarding, the movie industry, poetry, bitches with tiny tits, mega-corporations and once-mega-corporations, I decided it was time to blastoff like J.R., switch the script, and do something whacky and nutty. What was this nutty thing? Hockey. That's right. From skateboards to ice skates...natural progression if you ask me:

The thing with hockey is that you can't pretend to land a trick and then just keep on pushin'. That shit was 4 reals. Needless to say, I didn't want to ruin this pretty face (in case modeling or more Hollywood bullshit is in my future) so I left the meatheads to their sport. Fuckin' meatheads.

Along the way I met some pretty gnarly bros. Here's me with this guy who was pretty gnarly:

Awkwardly placed star tat? CHECK! Middle finger extended? CHECK! Festival arm band? CHECK! Questionable motherfuckin' sunglasses? MOTHERFUCKIN' CHECK! This dude enwrappens the spirit of the Mike V. We still keep in touch on facebook and he is gnarly as he looks.

I'm talking about the dude in the middle. That bitch on the right? Kris Koll. Total meathead. LOL I whipped his pussy ass at a game of S-K-A-T-E, breakin' rulez and takin' namez'. I know you feel me.

Last couple of li'l known facts about your man Mike V. I love to fight. Love it. Surprised? Yeah...most people don't know that about me and are surprised when they find out, but it's true:

Temper tantrums are my forte, and any time I leave my house there ain't a motherfucker safe, nahmean? LOL These fists have more fury in 'em than John Rocker at a gay pride parade. Does that even make sense? Well it does to me! BAM!

Anyway, I'm so tired of typing so let's just wrap this up with a mug shot of me muggin' for the camera. Catch me on tour chillin with my fave music or just generally stoking things up, down, side to side, in and out and every which way! Yea!

SO GOOD lol

era

« Reply #22 on: April 05, 2013, 05:37:09 PM »
"We didn?t think in terms of business. I never really have." - Mike V.

Will Easley

« Reply #23 on: April 05, 2013, 06:36:38 PM »
Hey guys,

It's me...Mike V.

My name is Mike Vallely.

I grew my hair:

I rocked out:

NickDagger

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -32
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #24 on: April 05, 2013, 08:33:08 PM »
Post of the year candidate.
"DIS YA BOI NICK DAGGAL" -Arto Saari

j....soy.....

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1566
« Reply #25 on: April 05, 2013, 10:30:14 PM »
Epicly GAY'd......

BRIX SKWIKZ

« Reply #26 on: April 05, 2013, 10:38:33 PM »
 :D

poowizard

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 245
« Reply #27 on: April 06, 2013, 12:34:37 AM »
P.O.T.Y

MrMojoRising

• Rep: -23
« Reply #28 on: April 06, 2013, 12:40:52 AM »
http://fflzine.blogspot.de/2013/04/mike-vallely-interview.html
Shit interview. "I don't look back. I live in the now" ... fuck off and answer the questions

wallieD

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -191
« Reply #29 on: April 06, 2013, 01:20:29 AM »