Author Topic: Playing Rap Over Skatevideos  (Read 838 times)

chocolate17

Playing Rap Over Skatevideos
« on: April 14, 2013, 07:16:51 PM »
I listen to a lot of rap and sometimes I'll watch a skate video on mute and play  another track and just watch the skating on silent.  I only do this when I'm high though.  Anyone else do this?

DJSoftspot

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 0
Re: Playing Rap Over Skatevideos
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2013, 07:21:40 PM »
No. No one does that

landCow

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 91
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2013, 07:30:43 PM »
If a skate vid has rap in it I mute it and will put on anything else.

Will Easley

« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2013, 07:42:40 PM »
come on now I know i cant be the only person thats open-minded when it comes to watching skate videos. That shit is lame never in my life have i watched some shit on mute. I respect niggas vision. if they wanted their to be put to ___ song then ima watch their part they way they wanted it to be. yea theres alot of shitty music put in skate parts now but shit just feels unnatural to me watch skating without audio. i wanna hear all the landings, slides, n grinds n whatnot, regardless of whatever music is being played over it.

Like when niggas was super heated about the song choice in Evan Smith's new pro part. i thought the shit was cool. Like, i wouldnt listen to that shit in my own time, but seeing as how someones video part is like an extension of themselves ima respect dude choice & try to see his vision. I had to get the "Evan Smith Experience" so to speak. take a step into someone elses world. The music fit the skating & put off the right vibe, so i fucks with it.

however i will say few song choices have disappointed me more than Wade Desarmo skating to 2 Chainz - Yuck in Parental Advisory. i never liked that song & ima 2 chainz fan. shit was hella weak my nigga i was hoping for something much better considering it was his first part in a while. Still, i dont mute the shit just because i cant stand lil waynes garbage ass hook on it. I let it ride & focus on the skating.

I listen to rap 80% of the time but ive always been able to enjoy other genres of music as long the music itself is good. if i wasnt able to tolerate other kinds of music in skate videos that'd leave alot of shit unwatchable to me.

foureyedjim

« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2013, 07:43:08 PM »
If a skate vid has rap in it I mute it and will put on anything else.

Zurg

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 694
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #5 on: April 14, 2013, 07:44:31 PM »
did it this morning with ghostface and the transworld vid

raunchyrick

• Rep: 36
« Reply #6 on: April 14, 2013, 08:10:59 PM »
Sometimes I'll be like, oh let's see how this song would go with skateboarding and just play a video part?

_aminal

• Rep: -8
  • win some, lose most.
« Reply #7 on: April 14, 2013, 09:35:25 PM »
I listen to a lot of rap and sometimes I'll watch a skate video on mute and play  another track and just watch the skating on silent.  I only do this when I'm high though.  Anyone else do this?

what are you, 16?

yes, I do that shit.

I'm also into playing rick james or prince over any video.

Ed's impossibles are like gonzs kickflips....

poopnutsupreme

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 494
« Reply #8 on: April 14, 2013, 10:21:53 PM »
My jam, listening to this over most videos besides the dgk video.
Any dude that hates on roller hockey hasn't played, and likely haven't played a sport in their entire life.

paraquat

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 200
« Reply #9 on: April 14, 2013, 11:19:31 PM »
Get high and play rap over The flinstones. You're welcome.

KOOL MIKE

« Reply #10 on: April 15, 2013, 01:14:18 AM »
Get high and play rap over The flinstones. You're welcome.

hahah ohh shit, i use to do this in highschool with my homies, that shit is too damn funny. any cartoon works.

Hate_Then_Skate

• Rep: -9
  • Steven Seagal with a Desert Eagle
« Reply #11 on: April 16, 2013, 08:12:49 AM »

« Last Edit: April 19, 2013, 08:37:25 PM by Hate_Then_Skate »
This isn't the 90's anymore. ESPN, Nike and Mountain Dew are Big Brother, Es and beer. Time to slip into some comfy New Balances and head towards old age.

thecrookiemonster

• Rep: -2
« Reply #12 on: April 16, 2013, 08:21:03 AM »
If the music is so unlistenable then just dont watch the video? i prefer rap over any other music but that doesnt mean i cant apreciate a good part with music i dont like i will just only watch it for the skating, though i do think the correct song will automatically make the video part very re watchable even if the skating is mediocre take nyjahs video parts for instance the skating is amazing yet he has the part to bad rap making it not as rewatchable as something not as good with a better song. Either way you look at it its the skaters vision some will like the song some wont but its a style the skater was looking for so you shouldnt change the way it was supposed to be viewed!

heckler

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 475
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #13 on: April 16, 2013, 08:50:46 AM »
come on now I know i cant be the only person thats open-minded when it comes to watching skate videos. That shit is lame never in my life have i watched some shit on mute. I respect niggas vision. if they wanted their to be put to ___ song then ima watch their part they way they wanted it to be. yea theres alot of shitty music put in skate parts now but shit just feels unnatural to me watch skating without audio. i wanna hear all the landings, slides, n grinds n whatnot, regardless of whatever music is being played over it.

Like when niggas was super heated about the song choice in Evan Smith's new pro part. i thought the shit was cool. Like, i wouldnt listen to that shit in my own time, but seeing as how someones video part is like an extension of themselves ima respect dude choice & try to see his vision. I had to get the "Evan Smith Experience" so to speak. take a step into someone elses world. The music fit the skating & put off the right vibe, so i fucks with it.
I'm backing this. Muting a part is kinda like cutting out a trick you didn't like.
Ha SLAP's resident libtard and NY pro cocksucker.