Author Topic: real confessions  (Read 1734820 times)

ivegotlevitation

Re: real confessions
« Reply #3240 on: January 16, 2012, 01:30:57 PM »
YOU'RE FUCKING SAMUEL L JACKSON, DAVID!!  GO IN THERE AND TAKE ENOUGH FOR EVEN LIL B!!  ENRIQUE FUCKING IGLESIAS!!

oh my god hahahahaha

Bronson

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 80
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #3241 on: January 27, 2012, 01:29:21 PM »
Lonely.

MaryhillVibe

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 151
  • gfm
    • www.mudozine.com avatar image
« Reply #3242 on: January 27, 2012, 01:49:48 PM »

Omamori

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -128
« Reply #3243 on: January 27, 2012, 04:42:20 PM »
I've been feeling the same way. It's too busy at work to talk to any of my coworkers. On my break I had some small talk with some guy skating. We exchanged numbers but I don't think we get a long as friends. We're too different from each other. I started going to the community college near by for a few classes so I can graduate with my BA. There's tons of cute girls but I have no idea how to approach them without being awkward. I was thinking about joining a club or something but I don't know. I really want to meet girls but knowing no one here doesnt help.
« Last Edit: January 27, 2012, 04:44:38 PM by The Poster Formerly Known As Crass »

happenstance

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 690
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #3244 on: February 01, 2012, 03:09:27 PM »
I probably will be kooked into oblivion for my actions and mentality on this one... regardless, here goes:

I turned down what I think was an opportunity for casual sex with one of the most beautiful women I have ever dated and I am pretty bummed on it. I have thought about it a bunch for the last 2 weeks or so. I have had my fair share of casual encounters when I was younger and these days I have been looking for something more meaningful. So I generally take things pretty slow. I feel that when you get really physical early on it can complicate the development of an emotional connection and if you pull moves too quickly, women can of course be turned off. I guess I need to take into consideration that women pull moves on me it should be fair game.

So anyway, I was on a first date with this woman and what I didn't know is that she had just gotten out of a 3 and a half year relationship 2 months prior. We go out to get drinks and everything is going well. She was a really nice woman and I was enjoying her company. She started kissing me in a bar and I was pretty hyped on that. Anyway, I walk her home and she invites me up. I didn't think much of it. Next thing you know we are making out and I have her pinned up against the kitchen counter. She sort of stops and is staring at me in the eyes. I could have easily said "where is you room" or some shit and it probably would have worked out. Instead I said "maybe I should go" and she agrees and shows me the door. Again, I didn't want to be wrong and then screw up a good thing. When I go on the second date I find out she just got out of this long relationship and that I was the first guy she has dated. She told me she really needed to take things slow and I had a feeling that was it. We plan another date but when I call her she tells me my timing is bad and that she needs to be alone to heal. Shitty thing is that I have been on a dry spell since ending it with the ex last May. I am seriously bummed on it. It would have been damn good. Since we are all dudes I am guessing no one can commiserate. I blew it. The end.

edit: I guess the point I am glossing over here is that I could be wrong. She may have been super bummed if I brought it any further. The way I see it is I can call her again in a few months and maybe get more dates. Maybe she also wasn't that into me and using her ex was an easy way to break it off. The problem is not knowing damnit!!!! Probably a bad idea to ask...
« Last Edit: February 01, 2012, 04:38:05 PM by happenstance »

Cadillac Ranch Dressing

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 476
« Reply #3245 on: February 01, 2012, 03:51:48 PM »
If you want something more meaningful out of it, you made the right move. If she needs more time to chill before getting into something new, then let her. Let's say you guys went for it and she felt like she made a mistake afterwards because it was just too soon, it might hinder her from continuing towards a relationship. Now grant it, I have no clue what she's like, but I feel like if she realizes that you understand her position, she'll respect that and not blow you off or something. Ya know?
"I got a fever and the only prescription is more Cadillac Ranch Dressing." - Jereme Rogers

happenstance

• SLAP Pal
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #3246 on: February 01, 2012, 04:35:56 PM »
I guess I will know if I blew it in a few months.

jeremyrandall

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 67
    • Ninetimes Skate Shop avatar image
« Reply #3247 on: February 01, 2012, 08:40:37 PM »
Dude...if you give it a month, and then let her know you're still interested, she'll be PSYCHED!!

happenstance

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #3248 on: February 01, 2012, 08:57:37 PM »
I don't know, wouldn't that be a little soon? I was thinking at least 2 and a half months. It took me about 5 months to get over my 3 year relationship and to want to date and in hindsight I realized I was miserable!

jeremyrandall

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 67
    • Ninetimes Skate Shop avatar image
« Reply #3249 on: February 01, 2012, 09:22:38 PM »
Dude...if she's a sexy women like you say she is...no way she's gonna stay solo that long

happenstance

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #3250 on: February 01, 2012, 09:29:25 PM »
Good point. Plan set.

oyolar

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 379
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #3251 on: February 01, 2012, 10:49:21 PM »
Plus, if she's still not over it in one month, you'll know and can act accordingly.

happenstance

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #3252 on: February 01, 2012, 10:57:55 PM »
Well, I don't know if I can call her every month and ask "are you over it yet?". That is sort of the dilemma. Finding the balance of not waiting too long and she is with someone else and not calling too early. Probably going to just take the risk and call her in a month anyway.

Edit: Anyway, thanks slap group therapy. Not trying to dominate the thread, so who is next? Spill the dirt!
« Last Edit: February 01, 2012, 11:07:36 PM by happenstance »

Cadillac Ranch Dressing

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 476
« Reply #3253 on: February 01, 2012, 11:09:34 PM »
Well, I don't know if I can call her every month and ask "are you over it yet?". That is sort of the dilemma. Finding the balance of not waiting too long and she is with someone else and not calling too early. Probably going to just take the risk and call her in a month anyway.
Why don't you ease into a friendship? Like rather than only making contact with her over a month's period or something, hang out with her and do casual stuff. Get lunches or some shit. She'll feel more comfortable with you and would probably be able to talk about if she's ready to start something with more ease.

But just don't get trapped in the friend zone.
"I got a fever and the only prescription is more Cadillac Ranch Dressing." - Jereme Rogers

DaSk8D00D

« Reply #3254 on: February 01, 2012, 11:10:47 PM »
honestly i think ive been smoking way too much weed for my own good for a while now. all medical too no reggie. its pretty much an everyday thing and if i dont smoke for 1-2 days i always make up for it whenever i get more green. ive just formed wayy too many habits over the long term. i wouldnt say im "addicted" but i have some addiction symptoms. ill plan on stopping then ill have bad day at work or something or some chick will hit me up tryna match or whatever so i always end up convincing myself to go ahead n smoke again. i feel like me doin this shit for so much over a long period of time has sapped all the motivation to for me to get on my grind and achieve my own personal goals. not to mention my short term memory is complete ass. its not all bad cuz i still have alot of great times while being high its just that i always believed that everythings good in moderation and im definitely more on the excessive side. but like i said tho its not like i "need" to get high or anything, but the shit just sorta happens ya know? i went on vacation in the summer and wasnt able to smoke and i was perfectly fine and had a blast. its just that if the weed is there, or if i just happen to be ina social situation where weeds around im more than likely to hit the kush. ive been wanting to take a nice, long break just to clear my head and get more on top of shit in life but its like that plan always falls through in one way or an another.

happenstance

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #3255 on: February 01, 2012, 11:24:39 PM »
Good call on the friend advice Cadillac. It is risky as you said but I will consider it

honestly i think ive been smoking way too much weed for my own good for a while now. all medical too no reggie. its pretty much an everyday thing and if i dont smoke for 1-2 days i always make up for it whenever i get more green. ive just formed wayy too many habits over the long term. i wouldnt say im "addicted" but i have some addiction symptoms. ill plan on stopping then ill have bad day at work or something or some chick will hit me up tryna match or whatever so i always end up convincing myself to go ahead n smoke again. i feel like me doin this shit for so much over a long period of time has sapped all the motivation to for me to get on my grind and achieve my own personal goals. not to mention my short term memory is complete ass. its not all bad cuz i still have alot of great times while being high its just that i always believed that everythings good in moderation and im definitely more on the excessive side. but like i said tho its not like i "need" to get high or anything, but the shit just sorta happens ya know? i went on vacation in the summer and wasnt able to smoke and i was perfectly fine and had a blast. its just that if the weed is there, or if i just happen to be ina social situation where weeds around im more than likely to hit the kush. ive been wanting to take a nice, long break just to clear my head and get more on top of shit in life but its like that plan always falls through in one way or an another.
I think this is a problem for a lot of people on slap. I have been smoking for about 13 years. I struggled with quitting all the time. My short term memory is also a little fucked up because of it. I have finally gotten to the point where I have given up on the thought of quitting. I am not saying this is the right choice for you though. I am pretty naturally motivated to pursue my goals and if it is preventing you from doing so, it might be the right choice for you. I have PTSD so it is helpful for me a lot of the time. Sometimes it can make it worse though. I have finally gotten to the point where I don't need it in my house and if someone has it I am down to smoke. Maybe try that and see how it works for you. I usually feel like I can give people solid advice, even when I am guilty of the same shit. In this case though I don't have a solid answer.

Funny thing about the summer vacation comment. I didn't smoke for a month in the summer of 2010 because I was in a remote island nation (East Timor) where half the people there didn't even know what weed is. It was literally unaquirable. So much so that there wasn't even a law against it there. When it isn't around you at all it is funny how little you miss it.
« Last Edit: February 01, 2012, 11:30:06 PM by happenstance »

DaSk8D00D

« Reply #3256 on: February 01, 2012, 11:35:54 PM »
Good call on the friend advice Cadillac. It is risky as you said but I will consider it

Expand Quote
[close]
I think this is a problem for a lot of people on slap. I have been smoking for about 13 years. I struggled with quitting all the time. My short term memory is also a little fucked up because of it. I have finally gotten to the point where I have given up on the thought of quitting. I am not saying this is the right choice for you though. I am pretty naturally motivated to pursue my goals and if it is preventing you from doing so, it might be the right choice for you. I have PTSD so it is helpful for me a lot of the time. Sometimes it can make it worse though. I have finally gotten to the point where I don't need it in my house and if someone has it I am down to smoke. I usually feel like I can give people solid advice, even when I am guilty of the same shit. In this case though I don't have a solid answer.

Funny thing about the summer vacation comment. I didn't smoke for a month in the summer of 2010 because I was in a remote island nation (East Timor) where half the people there didn't even know what weed is. It was literally unaquirable. So much so that there wasn't even a law against it there. When it isn't around you at all it is funny how little you miss it.

yea when i dont have access to weed im fine but thats the problem. im just sorta in that "pothead" circle so the weed is ALWAYS there, even when im not even tryna look for it. dont get me wrong, its not like ima pile or anything but i just be lazy as fuck most of the time & being apathetic is the last thing i need right now

InternetDaddy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 42
  • sup breh
« Reply #3257 on: February 02, 2012, 12:13:30 AM »
I feel you on the smoking too much weed tip. This is the second semester I've been out on my own, and I've just been finding more reasons to blaze. First it was just on weekends, then just when I didn't have HW, then just after class, and now it's just whenever I'm bored haha. But yeah, I definitely feel myself getting lazier, I need to cut back for sure. Honestly just try not buying it and smoking when other people have it, that's what my girlfriend does and it works out for her. Or, just do what my friend does, and just pick up for the weekend and blow through it, then during the week get your grind on. It's all about finding a balance between your vices and your real life, and making sure your vices don't become your real life.

Oh, and happenstance, that's a shitty situation. The way you're going about it seems good though, I agree that sometimes getting too physical too fast can fuck up a good thing. Odds are, if she agreed that you should go then she probably felt the same way, if she was really tryna get it in I assume she would've hinted that you should/could stay. Just don't beat yourself up about it, if she's still not feeling it after a couple months, then it might be time to just pursue other options.
Look I'm not selling anything that doesn't have my jizz on it. I don't care how much is offered.

happenstance

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #3258 on: February 02, 2012, 12:25:26 AM »
Shit, I am pursuing other options right now! I have a date this weekend.

Edit: And yeah, I am trying to convince myself that you are right and she really wasn't offering more in that moment.
« Last Edit: February 02, 2012, 12:27:34 AM by happenstance »

eminem

« Reply #3259 on: February 02, 2012, 12:43:45 AM »
i got a big dizzick , like hella bigggggggg

GarglesCmen

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 39
  • Hey, Nice Ass
« Reply #3260 on: February 02, 2012, 08:23:00 AM »
i got a big dizzick , like hella bigggggggg

ohhhhhhh shiiiiiiiiit broooooz

HOUSTON, TEXAS!

Made In China

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 646
« Reply #3261 on: February 04, 2012, 10:41:36 AM »
hmmmmm, I've never smoked weed before

GISM

• Rep: 25
  • pariah
« Reply #3262 on: February 04, 2012, 03:58:57 PM »
I absolutely hate ripoff art/graphics of The Exploited. They are simultaneously one of the worst and hugely popular punk bands and shouldn't be getting that kind of recognition.

FART BOY

• Rep: 10
« Reply #3263 on: February 05, 2012, 01:43:15 AM »
I refilled a prescription for Clonazepam to quit smoking. I don't know if that's the best thing to do but cold turkey will not work and Chantix is way too expensive for my financial situation. The Kpins aren't strictly for that, just telling my doctor it was for anxiety/sleep and stuff. But I feel it in my gut that this one bottle will get me hooked, and i'll be extremely pissed. I've been doing 1, 2, and 3.5mgs the last 3 days, and 6-8?mg or more at one point.

Since I got them I still haven't even figured a way to cut back on the cigarettes. The thing is I really enjoy smoking, so that's the hardest part. I have a place in my heart for any type of downers and the almighty opiate but with the lack of connections that's a good thing for me. I really need to use my will power and get out of this slump-ish state so I don't fall back into the hole.

Yes this is really stupid but it's just another personal rant...

DaSk8D00D

« Reply #3264 on: February 05, 2012, 12:34:08 PM »
I refilled a prescription for Clonazepam to quit smoking. I don't know if that's the best thing to do but cold turkey will not work and Chantix is way too expensive for my financial situation. The Kpins aren't strictly for that, just telling my doctor it was for anxiety/sleep and stuff. But I feel it in my gut that this one bottle will get me hooked, and i'll be extremely pissed. I've been doing 1, 2, and 3.5mgs the last 3 days, and 6-8?mg or more at one point.

Since I got them I still haven't even figured a way to cut back on the cigarettes. The thing is I really enjoy smoking, so that's the hardest part. I have a place in my heart for any type of downers and the almighty opiate but with the lack of connections that's a good thing for me. I really need to use my will power and get out of this slump-ish state so I don't fall back into the hole.

Yes this is really stupid but it's just another personal rant...

man i done seen the cigarette struggle so many times dog. really at the end of the day its 90% willpower but i know nicotine is one of the most addicting substances so i know its definitely not easy. ive seen people stop for years and then fuck around n take a few hits off a friends cigarette a few times and get right back at it. whatever you think well help you in any way but just remember that the main thing you need is the mental strength to just say fuck the cigarettes at all costs, and the self discipline to contain yourself through the initial stages of withdrawal. good luck man

Strike A Pose

• Rep: -613
  • Get slapped!
« Reply #3265 on: February 05, 2012, 10:12:02 PM »
Magnumz wutt eye fitt!!

4real!

LOU.502

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 82
  • rawr
« Reply #3266 on: February 06, 2012, 09:08:10 PM »
Wish You Were Here by Pink Floyd made me cry once.
shit dude, that song actually made me do the same thing the other night I feel you.
I'm a full blown belligerent alcoholic. Ive been struggling with it since I was 17, I'm 20 now. It got much worse when my girlfriend dumped me and kicked me out of our apartment for breaking a window during a fight. we got back together and then she dumped me again without reason. I lived with this girl for 2 years, and i also came to find out she had fucked some other dudes while I was out of town skating, in our fucking bed. its february, she dumped me in late november, and I still can't even begin to get over it, it's all I think about everyday. she even called me drunk at christmas and told me how badly she wanted me back but "couldn't do it right now" cuz she "had to get her shit together". I've gotten laid once since but i felt so shitty about it afterwards. I literally have to drink when i wake up just to get myself out of bed and to class. I'm back at my parents house now which is terrible. Ive gotten kicked out twice already for stealing booze and percocet from them. I know i need to go to rehab, i dont think AA will be able to do enough, I cant fucking control myself. I'm just tired of feeling like shit all the time and always being stressed. my drinking has gotten me fired from my job, and some of my friends have stopped talking to me alltogether due to my terrible reckless behavior when I drink. I havent even really been skating cuz of it either which also is terrible. I just wanna stop drinking and get my bitch back, but im too scared of any change to uproot my shitty semblance of a life and go to rehab. end rant. slap is wonderful though.

im probably lying

DaSk8D00D

« Reply #3267 on: February 06, 2012, 09:21:53 PM »
Expand Quote
Wish You Were Here by Pink Floyd made me cry once.
[close]
shit dude, that song actually made me do the same thing the other night I feel you.
I'm a full blown belligerent alcoholic. Ive been struggling with it since I was 17, I'm 20 now. It got much worse when my girlfriend dumped me and kicked me out of our apartment for breaking a window during a fight. we got back together and then she dumped me again without reason. I lived with this girl for 2 years, and i also came to find out she had fucked some other dudes while I was out of town skating, in our fucking bed. its february, she dumped me in late november, and I still can't even begin to get over it, it's all I think about everyday. she even called me drunk at christmas and told me how badly she wanted me back but "couldn't do it right now" cuz she "had to get her shit together". I've gotten laid once since but i felt so shitty about it afterwards. I literally have to drink when i wake up just to get myself out of bed and to class. I'm back at my parents house now which is terrible. Ive gotten kicked out twice already for stealing booze and percocet from them. I know i need to go to rehab, i dont think AA will be able to do enough, I cant fucking control myself. I'm just tired of feeling like shit all the time and always being stressed. my drinking has gotten me fired from my job, and some of my friends have stopped talking to me alltogether due to my terrible reckless behavior when I drink. I havent even really been skating cuz of it either which also is terrible. I just wanna stop drinking and get my bitch back, but im too scared of any change to uproot my shitty semblance of a life and go to rehab. end rant. slap is wonderful though.

you just gotta remind yourself before you drink is it really worth it? to continue on this path? when will enough finally be enough? im somewhat in that same situation myself although not as severe i do know how challenging it is mentally. hell i still i aint stop smoking. ive BEEN tryna stop smoking for the longest time but its just like its that the weed is always there or i find a way to convince myself to smoke. its like if you wanna different path in life, you gotta live that lifestyle ya know? we cant keep doin the same shit thats holdin us back no matter how much easier or convenient it is in the short term, cuz its always gon get us in the long term when we look back. thats just my thoughts tho. we in different situations but we still face the same personal challenges nahmean? i feel you bro.

Omamori

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -128
« Reply #3268 on: February 06, 2012, 09:39:54 PM »
lou,

Before you even think about getting in a relationship, fix your problems first. The same issues in relationship that occurred in the past will happen again. A start is you know you have alcohol problem.  Go seek some therapy. As for your break up with your ex-gf. Give it time. You were in a long relationship and it can take months or a year to get over her. If you two decided to get back together talk things over, understand each other and why it failed. I understand how it feels. I was in a relationship for about 2 1/2 years, my ex and I did so much together. As cheesy as it sounds, we both made huge changes in each others lives.

happenstance

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #3269 on: February 06, 2012, 10:17:32 PM »
Lou, I agree with everything they said, you definitely need to attack the drinking head on and that would be the first step toward getting back with the girl. What I would add would be that you need to fix your addiction for you and not her. That would be the most effective way to heal to even have a capability to get back together. If it doesn't work out you would have done something for yourself. I will guess that was your first love judging by your age. First loves are hard to get over but there are a lot of women in this world! I know that seems trite but  it is true. I found the best way to get over love is a new crush (this would be something to consider in the future, first step is the alcohol). My uncle never says many wise things, but he did give me one piece of advice that stuck with me after I got out of my first long relationship - "You never know what you want until you find it". With new women, you might find something you weren't expecting.

On a more personal note, I would add that I was in a long relationship. I met her when I was in the thick of the darkest time in my life. She was my hold on normalcy. When we broke up it made me deal with my issues head on. It is very much an ongoing process but I realized that she wasn't even what I wanted. She just made me feel stable. This may be far from your situation, but it is something to consider for yourself.

Hang in there dude. It will get better if you put in the effort to make it better for yourself. Be a friend to yourself and seek some help with the alcohol. I say this from the perspective of someone who has been there in more ways than you know.
« Last Edit: February 06, 2012, 10:20:31 PM by happenstance »