Author Topic: real confessions  (Read 990802 times)

ill_Murray

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 347
Re: real confessions
« Reply #4740 on: April 29, 2014, 07:21:44 PM »
i was born w/ anosmia which is a fancy word for smell blind. i prolly all the time reek of garlic and stoges but i don't care cause i'm oblivious. i can taste though so that's another lie my teacher told me.

I feel like that's what Worcester smells like anyways so you're probably not sticking out too much.

shark tits

« Reply #4741 on: April 29, 2014, 07:27:10 PM »
i was born w/ anosmia which is a fancy word for smell blind. i prolly all the time reek of garlic and stoges but i don't care cause i'm oblivious. i can taste though so that's another lie my teacher told me.

I feel like that's what Worcester smells like anyways so you're probably not sticking out too much.
heheheh. maybe it does have a bad smell and that's why people are all the time irritated?

waltercronkite

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 21
« Reply #4742 on: April 30, 2014, 09:33:35 PM »
I pooped in the neighbor's front yard of a fellow Slap Pal.

hahahaha youre an idiot

iSk84thechicas

• Rep: -43
  • Thats right - Her AND her cousin
« Reply #4743 on: April 30, 2014, 10:19:08 PM »
Someone once asked why I was going downtown by myself just to skate and I said something like "I don't really have anyone who likes to do what I like to do with me, but i still gotta live my life and do the things I want to do" Was kind of profound moment of realization and self stoke
i've been sorta on that kick lately but more cruising than hitting up spots. my sister lives in kind of the drug neighborhood but there's a lot of gorgeous architecture and actually some pretty neat spots that nobody hits. i enjoy cruising past the old factories and looking at trains. i've done what you're talking about and sometimes it's lonesome and other times i feel weird cause ya end up at a spot w/ a bunch of way younger kids. that stuff weirds me out in my hometown even though when i'm anywhere else i don't respect people's opinions so i'm in an egoistic bubble. i'm pushing 40, back at my ma's house, no job prospects, no girls, nothin comin on the 1st of the month but i'm not depressed cause i skate every day. it is a little awkward to run into people from 'back in the day' though.

I feel both of you on this one.  What keeps me motivated these days when I'm on a one man mission is believing that I just have to live  my life. As cliche as it sounds, Fuck everybody else, our individual happiness is at stake. And no one can make me happy but me. It doesn't matter if we are 16 or 40 or 80, Skateboarding is our life. Just keep pushing and this too shall pass. Just believe.

-"...Because we all know if Baker were Guns N Roses, Braydon would be Steven Adler..."

- "When I'm not getting laid , I'm hauling myself down a 5 flat 5....Time to man up son!"

BraveUlysses

« Reply #4744 on: May 01, 2014, 07:16:44 AM »
I think Tracer makes some alright topics from time to time.

paraquat

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 144
« Reply #4745 on: May 01, 2014, 09:51:31 AM »
For some reason I have constructed a reality in which Dakota Servold rides for vans and is on toy machine.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2014, 10:06:16 AM by paraquat »

L33Tg33k

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 171
  • F.A.P. - Forever Alone Party
« Reply #4746 on: May 01, 2014, 09:56:39 AM »
I'm scared to talk to a person that I really should talk to. This anxiety is killing me.

iSk84thechicas

• Rep: -43
  • Thats right - Her AND her cousin
« Reply #4747 on: May 01, 2014, 10:07:18 AM »
I'm scared to talk to a person that I really should talk to. This anxiety is killing me.

Like Nike Just do it. Get it over with, youll feel better

-"...Because we all know if Baker were Guns N Roses, Braydon would be Steven Adler..."

- "When I'm not getting laid , I'm hauling myself down a 5 flat 5....Time to man up son!"

shark tits

« Reply #4748 on: May 01, 2014, 10:10:48 AM »

SodaJerk

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 801
  • Butterscotch yo!
« Reply #4749 on: May 01, 2014, 11:26:35 AM »
I got you l33t, first try no warm ups. You got this man.

Exposure

• Rep: -269
« Reply #4750 on: May 01, 2014, 01:49:16 PM »
I got you l33t, first try no warm ups. You got this man.

this really is key. Just dive into it and every time after it will get easier.
I can ollie 6 decks why would I want to scrape the ground with my tricks

waltercronkite

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 21
« Reply #4751 on: May 01, 2014, 09:44:17 PM »

In my experience people usually cut you some slack if they know you are nervous and you can get away with being a pretty big dork. I mean i gave my current gf finger guns as a way to say good night after our first date and to my surprise she still wanted to see me again

So just do it be nervous say some dorky shit and it doesnt really matter.

SodaJerk

• SLAP Pal
  • Butterscotch yo!
« Reply #4752 on: May 02, 2014, 02:04:01 AM »

In my experience people usually cut you some slack if they know you are nervous and you can get away with being a pretty big dork. I mean i gave my current gf finger guns as a way to say good night after our first date and to my surprise she still wanted to see me again

Finger guns are dorky? Damn I've got no game.

SHAWN COMBOVER

• Rep: 14
  • WHAT A FUCKING WRINKLE DRINKER
« Reply #4753 on: May 02, 2014, 07:38:09 AM »

doublesteveburger: I'm gonna stick to being sad and skating with my poor friends.
busey: he's like an avenged sevenfold song come to life who wandered around living off energy drinks.

L33Tg33k

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #4754 on: May 02, 2014, 08:53:20 AM »

Finger guns are dorky? Damn I've got no game.
No, no, you're thinking of finger bang, not finger gun. You're fine.

BraveUlysses

« Reply #4755 on: May 02, 2014, 09:16:26 AM »
Got in trouble yesterday for taking some cheap 9 dollar headphones that I could've easily just paid for. In my head while I was doing it I told myself I should just pay for it but I didn't anyway. I've never been in trouble with the law for anything before but I'm nervous as fuck because I have to go to court. I'm really hoping to pay a small fine or something and get this off my record. I know I'm above doing dumb shit like this so this whole situation is really making me feel terrible and truly disappointed in myself.

L33Tg33k

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #4756 on: May 02, 2014, 09:23:45 AM »
It should be a slap on the wrists unless the judge is an asshole that wants to make an example out of you. Sometimes no matter how rational your thought process is you end up doing stupid shit. No one is immune. I'm so glad I never got caught for some of the worse things I've done. I think about them everyday along with the rest of my failures.

SodaJerk

• SLAP Pal
  • Butterscotch yo!
« Reply #4757 on: May 02, 2014, 12:44:28 PM »
Got in trouble yesterday for taking some cheap 9 dollar headphones that I could've easily just paid for. In my head while I was doing it I told myself I should just pay for it but I didn't anyway. I've never been in trouble with the law for anything before but I'm nervous as fuck because I have to go to court. I'm really hoping to pay a small fine or something and get this off my record. I know I'm above doing dumb shit like this so this whole situation is really making me feel terrible and truly disappointed in myself.
We all do stupid shit and occasionally we get caught doing it. From personal experience of court appearances the best advise I can give you is to ask as many people you know of reputable positions in society ie. former teachers, employers, any body you know with a title or a business or anyone that can provide a letterhead and tell them what you did and ask them to provide a statement of character on that letterhead with there details on it. The statement of character should make mention of how long they have known you, mention what you did and express that this was out of character for you and that you have expressed remorse for doing so. Ask for these to be presented to the judge. I was facing some serious charges for something I did whilst drunk off my ass and managed to escape a conviction without a criminal record and pay a fine and the judge said it was owing solely to the character testimonies I provided. Good luck BrvaUlysses

BraveUlysses

« Reply #4758 on: May 02, 2014, 01:31:14 PM »
Thanks guys. I'll consider the letterhead thing but I feel uncomfortable with getting other people involved in some stupid shit that I did. Another problem with this whole situation is the time I have to be at the court is 9 a.m. and I don't have a car and I don't think any of my friends would be willing to wake up at 7 a.m. on a Tuesday to take me somewhere. I've been looking up public transportation routes but so far I haven't found any that fits where I am that lead to the courthouse.

SodaJerk

• SLAP Pal
  • Butterscotch yo!
« Reply #4759 on: May 02, 2014, 02:03:58 PM »
Thanks guys. I'll consider the letterhead thing but I feel uncomfortable with getting other people involved in some stupid shit that I did. Another problem with this whole situation is the time I have to be at the court is 9 a.m. and I don't have a car and I don't think any of my friends would be willing to wake up at 7 a.m. on a Tuesday to take me somewhere. I've been looking up public transportation routes but so far I haven't found any that fits where I am that lead to the courthouse.
In all seriousness, the letterhead thing makes a big difference. The exact words the judge said to me were "I grant one miracle a year, and in light of these references I can tell you are a good person that made a terrible mistake and you are honest and genuinely remorseful for what you have done, these are the best character references I've seen in years,  so this will be my miracle for this year..." He then asked how I felt about paying for the damage I caused and making a donation to a charity in place of a criminal record and possible jail time to which I quickly agreed to. The fact that I had confessed to other people and shown remorse was what won him over.

shark tits

« Reply #4760 on: May 02, 2014, 03:07:04 PM »
pay the rent, bro! just playin, shoplifting is awesome. i survived off petty theft for yrs. it's not a jail offense, it's just a fine that will be well over the $9 headphones you didn't get to keep. now you feel like you've gotta steal another few hundred dollars of stuff to achieve parity. don't get mad, get organized. shoplifters of the world, unite and take ovah!

brycickle

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -4
« Reply #4761 on: May 03, 2014, 12:39:14 AM »
^^^Do not take life advice from him. Own up to it and take the consequences like a man. Chances are they will be minimal. Whenever you apply for a job that is anything significant, disclose this shit and explain it. If you try and hide it, they will find out and it will make your life that much more frustrating. Or don't, it's your prerogative.

You and the D00D have turned this thread into a horrible head-on-collision between a short bus full of retarded kids and a van full of paraplegics.

BraveUlysses

« Reply #4762 on: May 03, 2014, 06:12:08 AM »
Yeah I'm hoping to explain to the judge that what I did was a slip in my usual good judgement and even when I was going through with it I felt terrible(which is true). A lot of the stuff I've been reading online imply that I should get an attorney but I'm not sure if that's necessary. I'd be happy to just pay a fine or something as long as its under 200 bucks and this is taken off of my record. I've been reading about being able to get the charge reduced to littering so that's something I'll probably try to do as well. I just want to be done with all of this.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2014, 06:45:10 AM by BraveUlysses »

shark tits

« Reply #4763 on: May 03, 2014, 06:44:14 AM »
Yeah I'm hoping to explain to the judge that what I did was a slip in my usual good judgement and even when I was going through with it I felt terrible(which is true) and ask to have it removed from my record as to not affect my future job prospects. I'd be happy just pay a fine or something as long as its under 200 bucks and this is taken off of my record. I've been reading about being able to get the charge reduced to littering so that's something I'll probably try to do as well. I just want to be done with all of this.
fuck anyone who doesn't like my advice. if you couldn't tell, i was quoting the smiths and wasn't telling you 100% this is what you should do. i've acted as a lawyer on my friend's behalf and got his skate trespass knocked out w/ a $50 fine [from a few hundred]. i'd advocate for you but i don't know you and you're prolly not from here. if it's a first offense they'll most likely offer you a deal where if you stay lowkey for 90 days it goes away. in legal parlance it's 'continued w/out a finding' but you have to plead guilty first so that if you mess up w/in that window it sticks to your record. your fine will prolly hover around the $200 mark, maybe $250. or, you can get a public pretender, do community service to pay for him before the court date and the judge may like your style and let it go because you paid your lawyer promptly.

L33Tg33k

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #4764 on: May 03, 2014, 07:07:30 PM »
I want to make an exit bag but it seems to take so much effort. I should probably just take my time buying the materials and put it together as I get them instead of buying the shit all at once and facing it as one daunting task. That would also help with the normalization of the act in my mind if it's something that I work on and contribute to over a length of time.

shark tits

« Reply #4765 on: May 03, 2014, 08:32:50 PM »
I want to make an exit bag but it seems to take so much effort. I should probably just take my time buying the materials and put it together as I get them instead of buying the shit all at once and facing it as one daunting task. That would also help with the normalization of the act in my mind if it's something that I work on and contribute to over a length of time.
i don't know if you're just crying for help/serious/being a smartass [in which case fuck you, pal!] but as someone who's led a fairly unlivable life by my own admission [it prolly looks even worse from outside] and was all the time rolling the dice, dying, getting rescusitated or somehow else dodging the reaper, it gets better.
obviously quitting drinking helped me regulate my vicissitudes a ton but also hitting 30. maybe it's like PI and i drank away enough brain cells that hasidics no longer haunt me to help them figure their holy books out, mobsters no longer shake me down for lottery numbers and i can just enjoy a basketball court w/ a child's wonder.
stick around, guy. the good in life outweighs the bad if you think it does.

ill_Murray

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 347
« Reply #4766 on: May 03, 2014, 08:54:41 PM »
i don't know if you're just crying for help/serious/being a smartass [in which case fuck you, pal!] but as someone who's led a fairly unlivable life by my own admission [it prolly looks even worse from outside] and was all the time rolling the dice, dying, getting rescusitated or somehow else dodging the reaper, it gets better.
obviously quitting drinking helped me regulate my vicissitudes a ton but also hitting 30. maybe it's like PI and i drank away enough brain cells that hasidics no longer haunt me to help them figure their holy books out, mobsters no longer shake me down for lottery numbers and i can just enjoy a basketball court w/ a child's wonder.
stick around, guy. the good in life outweighs the bad if you think it does.

I think he means like some sort of prep kit of the end of society, not some suicide bag.

L33Tg33k

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #4767 on: May 04, 2014, 12:13:51 AM »
I very much so meant suicide bag. I really don't like life. I'm grateful to have been a piece of the universe that got to experience itself, but I don't like the experience. It's not for me.

BRIX SKWIKZ

• Rep: -83
« Reply #4768 on: May 04, 2014, 12:48:00 AM »
GO SKATE YO

paraquat

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 144
« Reply #4769 on: May 04, 2014, 05:26:38 AM »
I very much so meant suicide bag. I really don't like life. I'm grateful to have been a piece of the universe that got to experience itself, but I don't like the experience. It's not for me.
At least get laid before you completely write life off. If possible, form a connection with the person first, which makes it twice as fulfilling.
« Last Edit: May 04, 2014, 05:47:15 AM by paraquat »