Author Topic: real confessions  (Read 1737274 times)

CrumblingInfrastructure

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 296
Re: real confessions
« Reply #7890 on: October 27, 2018, 04:26:14 AM »
Throwaway because some slappers know me irl.

My depression has been hitting me hard lately, really hard where certain thoughts tend to circulate more than so than ever. The major reason I can't is because I don't want to chance not seeing my dog again on the otherside. He passed away a month ago, and I miss him allot. The depression has been constant even before then, but him passing made it worse of course.

Found out not too long after him passing that my girlfriend isn't happy with our relationship. There's a lot of stress on that front, and while I'm doing alot, to her it doesn't feel that way. So that's not helping either, but that's another long story.

Wish I could go to family about these things, but I honestly think that they wouldn't understand. I also don't want to burden the ones that I feel would. They make it better and remind me that I'm doing good, or well that I did do something good and made someone happy. One of my best friends has been helping a lot, but I hate burdening him with my issues as well. It not that I feel like I'm a burden, but more along the line that I care more about the the people around me being happy and when they're happy, I'm happy. I don't want them worrying about me in the back of their minds, or them questioning whether or not they're part of the reason I'm like this.

Getting back into skating was helping me a lot, as I progressed more than I did in years of skating back in highschool. The best part wasn't seeing me progress though, but was progressing with friends that also got back into it. But constantly taking care of someone, slowly would see me not skating at all anymore. I see my friends progressing and that gets me stooked, but bummed out at the same time. I've regressed back to how I was when I first started with them, and it bums me out that I'm not out there with them celebrating each of us progressing.

Sorry for the rant guys, it just been tough. I needed to get this all off my chest. Typing up all this made me feel a lot better.

I was just recently talking to a friend about ways to cope with depression and/or depressive periods. Short of counseling (which I dont do but probably should) he recommended Self-analysis and awareness on things that are directly influencing you. It seems you’ve at least identified that a large portion is attributed to the loss of your dog. Maybe try externalizing your pain/depression in writing form because sometimes it helps to just write it out.

The biggest chunk of advice I can give you is that Depression is not only a emotion but a disease. We have a chemical imbalance in our brains that cause us to be the way we are and engage in damaging behaviour so its always good to check yourself before you end up.... wrecking yourself?

CrumblingInfrastructure at Gmail is already my burner email and I really dont give a shit about what your actual handle is on here so if it would help you out, please feel free to email me even if its to just rant/externalize things so that you arent bottling this shit up. I cant garauntee a immediate reply or sometimes one at all even. But if it helps you out in the slightest then it really is the least I can do.

I can empathize with a lot of shit you are dealing with and wish you the best dude.

straight

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 982
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #7891 on: October 28, 2018, 04:55:20 PM »
please elaborate this interests me
What kind of mikey taylor logic is this?

brucewillis

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 32
  • Die Hard. www.casualskateshop.com.br
« Reply #7892 on: October 29, 2018, 04:39:16 AM »
Yep my country elected a fascist motherfucker. Brazil sucks

JB

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 857
  • Rusty Berrings Roll Forever
« Reply #7893 on: October 29, 2018, 05:56:15 AM »

My depression has been hitting me hard lately, really hard where certain thoughts tend to circulate more than so than ever. The major reason I can't is because I don't want to chance not seeing my dog again on the otherside. He passed away a month ago, and I miss him allot. The depression has been constant even before then, but him passing made it worse of course.

Found out not too long after him passing that my girlfriend isn't happy with our relationship. There's a lot of stress on that front, and while I'm doing alot, to her it doesn't feel that way. So that's not helping either, but that's another long story.

Wish I could go to family about these things, but I honestly think that they wouldn't understand. I also don't want to burden the ones that I feel would. They make it better and remind me that I'm doing good, or well that I did do something good and made someone happy. One of my best friends has been helping a lot, but I hate burdening him with my issues as well. It not that I feel like I'm a burden, but more along the line that I care more about the the people around me being happy and when they're happy, I'm happy. I don't want them worrying about me in the back of their minds, or them questioning whether or not they're part of the reason I'm like this.

Getting back into skating was helping me a lot, as I progressed more than I did in years of skating back in highschool. The best part wasn't seeing me progress though, but was progressing with friends that also got back into it. But constantly taking care of someone, slowly would see me not skating at all anymore. I see my friends progressing and that gets me stooked, but bummed out at the same time. I've regressed back to how I was when I first started with them, and it bums me out that I'm not out there with them celebrating each of us progressing.

Sorry for the rant guys, it just been tough. I needed to get this all off my chest. Typing up all this made me feel a lot better.

You got health insurance? Maybe give therapy a shot. It's a lot more beneficial than you might think and nothing to be ashamed of especially if you're struggling emotionally.

SodaJerk

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1085
  • Butterscotch yo!
« Reply #7894 on: October 29, 2018, 02:36:02 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

You got health insurance? Maybe give therapy a shot. It's a lot more beneficial than you might think and nothing to be ashamed of especially if you're struggling emotionally.
I’m in therapy, never felt an ounce of ashamed about it. It’s not easy but whatever.

20matar

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 125
« Reply #7895 on: October 29, 2018, 04:30:40 PM »
Yep my country elected a fascist motherfucker. Brazil sucks

Pior. I wrote a long-ass post about it, but it won't win me any friends and I don't think people would care enough, besides the fact that this is a bell that tolls to the rest of the quote-unquote free world. That being said, I'm really bummed, and really counting my blessings for being such a privileged dude who could arguably get the fuck out if needed be, and who isn't actively fearing for his well-being. I know people who are scared shitless -- Bolsonaro himself said that he has "no control over" his supporters...

behavioralguide

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 769
  • dog stuff
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #7896 on: October 29, 2018, 11:44:01 PM »
Bolsarono really following the rules of fascism 101 to a t
It d almist be funny if it wasnt a tragic/ a scary

8thproxy

• Rep: -11
« Reply #7897 on: October 30, 2018, 09:26:23 PM »

Jairs pretty tight. I say facism over communism if you wanna boil it down like that, whatever, I like how the worlds turning towards more transparent strong leadership rather than cryptic opaqueness.

Unrelated or not people need to stop looking for the light first instead of the darkness, you cant see darkness in light (only shadows) but that light shines in the dark like a mf.

childhood

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 663
« Reply #7898 on: October 31, 2018, 09:48:38 AM »
Wow you're dumb as fuck huh? Please post your plagiarized Native American zines when you make them though.

Bagelskate

• Rep: 62
« Reply #7899 on: October 31, 2018, 10:56:58 AM »
Wow you're dumb as fuck huh? Please post your plagiarized Native American zines when you make them though.

Dude is a fan of hitler. What do you expect

8thproxy

« Reply #7900 on: October 31, 2018, 12:08:42 PM »
You guys are always so pathetic. Never nothing to say. I see right through the ones that act like you childhood, lol good name, and no I dont dislike you. You niggas know who I am.

But yea I stripped that off of youtube comments. The day slap users present thier own ideas instead of just saying mine are dumb is the day hell freezes over. Nothing but 24/7 reactionarys.

Thats all they want from you though, its easier for them, all they want is clicks for thier adds. Place has gone to shit.

But Im still fucking here.

Cause I got love for this fuckin game.

childhood

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #7901 on: October 31, 2018, 12:55:31 PM »
Didn't realize copy/pasting stuff was presenting your own ideas.

iKobrakai

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -717
« Reply #7902 on: October 31, 2018, 01:55:34 PM »
Please, inform us. Double digit IQ and Ph D in online politics my favorite combo.

8thproxy

« Reply #7903 on: October 31, 2018, 01:58:59 PM »
No my idea was to have a collection of interesting plagarized storys from individuals from all backrounds, you know that, you just wanted to attack me for my other ideas like likng bolso. Dont act like drunk injun rants and other shit isnt a interesting read, Ill just keep the other stuff to myself cause otherwise it PLAGARISM. No fuckin shit dude.

Oh look, another depressing guy. Whats your favorite combo? Pizza flavour.

iKobrakai

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #7904 on: October 31, 2018, 02:04:26 PM »
Please! Share your wisdom, mighty one! We need you to show, us plebs, the way!

8thproxy

« Reply #7905 on: October 31, 2018, 02:12:21 PM »
Its a hard job but someones gotta do it. Hitler 2 coming soon.

UnfortunateSon

• Rep: 0
« Reply #7906 on: November 01, 2018, 12:03:53 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Thanks man and to well everyone for the advice. Hopefully, I don't blow up your inbox. Kidding, but in all seriousness thanks.

To PB and Soda, I have considered looking into it, but the main reason I haven't pursued it is because I like and own guns. Where I'm from, the second you start going down that path they take em away. I see my gun collection as a kind of symbol of my hard work, and getting those taken away would just make my mental state worse. One of my favorite things that I do is go hit the range with my dad and my brother, two of the people that really make me honestly forget my problems I'm having. They're some of the few people that make me feel as if though my existence alone is enough for them to be happy. Not to say that too many people in my life ask something of me, but that there are certain people that do ask so much of me. And because the constantly ask so much, it stretch me thin between their wants and needs and that of the others who do the same. Again another story for another time.

For the record, I never ever intend to harm another person, animal, or myself with them. The only time the first two will ever have to happen is if it's a no other option situation for defending myself/someone else.

Thanks for hearing me out, and making me feel better Slap.

Prison Wallet

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 510
  • I'm gonna break my leg off in your ass
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #7907 on: November 01, 2018, 08:58:20 AM »
Expand Quote
I got in a argument with my husband and it escalated to the point where he pushed me into the bed and hit me. Everyone in my family gets divorced but I want to break that trend. We got together when I was 18 and he was 35 (always been into bears and all that shit). He gets really needy and insecure when I work full time and make my own money but when I drop down to part time he wants me to cook, clean, etc. I wouldnt mind the latter but he just impulse buys shit nonstop. E.G. My hobby is collecting and organising americana/subculture ephemera. He collects hobbies on a weekly basis. I don’t have anyone to talk to about this without the worry of it coming back to me. For all I know he lurks here.
[close]

Can you guys do marriage counseling?

iKobrakai

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #7908 on: November 01, 2018, 09:25:58 AM »
We do everything. 100 % legit, of course.

calvinsdream

« Reply #7909 on: November 01, 2018, 10:39:55 AM »
You guys are always so pathetic. Never nothing to say. I see right through the ones that act like you childhood, lol good name, and no I dont dislike you. You niggas know who I am.

But yea I stripped that off of youtube comments. The day slap users present thier own ideas instead of just saying mine are dumb is the day hell freezes over. Nothing but 24/7 reactionarys.

Thats all they want from you though, its easier for them, all they want is clicks for thier adds. Place has gone to shit.

But Im still fucking here.

Cause I got love for this fuckin game.

childhood

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #7910 on: November 01, 2018, 11:10:29 AM »

Thanks man and to well everyone for the advice. Hopefully, I don't blow up your inbox. Kidding, but in all seriousness thanks.

To PB and Soda, I have considered looking into it, but the main reason I haven't pursued it is because I like and own guns. Where I'm from, the second you start going down that path they take em away. I see my gun collection as a kind of symbol of my hard work, and getting those taken away would just make my mental state worse. One of my favorite things that I do is go hit the range with my dad and my brother, two of the people that really make me honestly forget my problems I'm having. They're some of the few people that make me feel as if though my existence alone is enough for them to be happy. Not to say that too many people in my life ask something of me, but that there are certain people that do ask so much of me. And because the constantly ask so much, it stretch me thin between their wants and needs and that of the others who do the same. Again another story for another time.

For the record, I never ever intend to harm another person, animal, or myself with them. The only time the first two will ever have to happen is if it's a no other option situation for defending myself/someone else.

There's multiple options for online therapy too. You might feel more comfortable with that, since you'll be able to get professional advice, while remaining more anonymous.

I've heard good things about this one:
https://get.talkspace.com/pf-therapy/?utr_source=google&utr_medium=cpc&utr_campaign=SEARCH_GOOGLE_NONBRAND_PAYFIRST_online-therapy&utr_adgroup=exact_online%20therapy_general&utr_keyword=therapy%20online&utr_sitelink=&utr_matchtype=Exact&utr_network=g&utr_device=c&utr_search=[search]&utr_display=&utr_adid=258175290932&utr_mobile=&utr_web=[not-mobile]&utr_placement=&utr_devicemodel=&utr_position=1t2&gclid=CjwKCAjwyOreBRAYEiwAR2mSkh9IzgDG15FdJyHCkp-sA_5oVb4moVKRkKVMEeIkfvP767b-UG0qAxoCt-4QAvD_BwE

Don't know why the link is so wild, but it should work. What country are you in?

JB

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #7911 on: November 02, 2018, 06:52:36 AM »

i can understand the reasoning behind it, but essentially making someone choose gun ownership over their own mental health is fucked up. i own guns as well so i sympathize with your situation.

i took my own advice and started seeing a therapist. first sesh was a few days ago, and i dont know if it was just because it was the first one, or if my therapist just isn't very good, but i left feeling a lot worse than i did going in. all i did was talk about myself for 45 minutes while she took notes and made comments like "thats a shame." once in a while. im a pretty logical thinking person, so i can't put my faith in something if i cant understand how it works, or see the necessary steps to reach the goal. i dont see how talking to someone who doesnt talk back is going to help me at all. she never gave me anything to work on, or made suggestions for how i can help myself when im having a hard time. she basically made me feel like i was talking too much and taking up too much of her time, then handed me her card on the way out and told me i could text her if i needed to, but only if i really needed to. i got the vibe that she didn't want me bothering her and i wont. i got in my car pissed off and felt like i just need to toughen the fuck up.

im going to give it another shot, but if the next session doesnt improve im either calling it quits or searching for another therapist somewhere else.

SodaJerk

• SLAP Pal
  • Butterscotch yo!
« Reply #7912 on: November 02, 2018, 03:52:47 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

i can understand the reasoning behind it, but essentially making someone choose gun ownership over their own mental health is fucked up. i own guns as well so i sympathize with your situation.

i took my own advice and started seeing a therapist. first sesh was a few days ago, and i dont know if it was just because it was the first one, or if my therapist just isn't very good, but i left feeling a lot worse than i did going in. all i did was talk about myself for 45 minutes while she took notes and made comments like "thats a shame." once in a while. im a pretty logical thinking person, so i can't put my faith in something if i cant understand how it works, or see the necessary steps to reach the goal. i dont see how talking to someone who doesnt talk back is going to help me at all. she never gave me anything to work on, or made suggestions for how i can help myself when im having a hard time. she basically made me feel like i was talking too much and taking up too much of her time, then handed me her card on the way out and told me i could text her if i needed to, but only if i really needed to. i got the vibe that she didn't want me bothering her and i wont. i got in my car pissed off and felt like i just need to toughen the fuck up.

im going to give it another shot, but if the next session doesnt improve im either calling it quits or searching for another therapist somewhere else.
You’re still in the discovery stage. One thing I’ll tell you is that until you start challenging your therapist for more interaction they won’t just hand it to you. The other thing is that talking about yourself (which I really struggle with) is the therapy and the therapist is just there to reflect your musings. They’ll interject when you reach something.

I really struggle with it because I don’t want to talk about myself but I’m getting more comfortable with it and I’m realising a whole bunch of shit I do to avoid addressing other shit.

It’s still early days for me but I’m gonna stick with it. If you really don’t like your therapist after a few sessions try someone else but don’t expect them to life coach you, it’s a different thing.

doublesteveburger

« Reply #7913 on: November 03, 2018, 01:03:30 AM »
Sobriety is a god damn nightmare.

JB

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #7914 on: November 03, 2018, 07:11:08 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]
You’re still in the discovery stage. One thing I’ll tell you is that until you start challenging your therapist for more interaction they won’t just hand it to you. The other thing is that talking about yourself (which I really struggle with) is the therapy and the therapist is just there to reflect your musings. They’ll interject when you reach something.

I really struggle with it because I don’t want to talk about myself but I’m getting more comfortable with it and I’m realising a whole bunch of shit I do to avoid addressing other shit.

It’s still early days for me but I’m gonna stick with it. If you really don’t like your therapist after a few sessions try someone else but don’t expect them to life coach you, it’s a different thing.

I've seen therapists and counselors in the past and they've always helped with whatever issues I had with no struggles. I think it's just this lady. I went in and gave it 100%, but I felt like I was just an inconvenience to her.

This is just a weird guess, but there's a chance she pegged me as a right winger and that put her of. I said something about me dad being in the gun business and just about everyone associates gun owners with right wing politics. I went on her website and she's had a lot of things published about Trump and how the republican party is destroying the world.

It's a stupid guess, but I can't understand why she had such an unpleasant vibe.

iKobrakai

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #7915 on: November 03, 2018, 10:56:23 AM »
Sobriety is a god damn nightmare.

Can be, for sure, buddy. How long have you been sober and what are your doing to make it better?

givecigstosurfgroms

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -958
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
« Reply #7916 on: November 03, 2018, 04:16:42 PM »
  Trust your insticts i say.  i was right.  i'm hanging out with the scum of the earth.    Fucks sakes.
"I just care about the river, I dont care about your back"

givecigstosurfgroms

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -958
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
« Reply #7917 on: November 04, 2018, 03:12:07 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]

I've seen therapists and counselors in the past and they've always helped with whatever issues I had with no struggles. I think it's just this lady. I went in and gave it 100%, but I felt like I was just an inconvenience to her.

This is just a weird guess, but there's a chance she pegged me as a right winger and that put her of. I said something about me dad being in the gun business and just about everyone associates gun owners with right wing politics. I went on her website and she's had a lot of things published about Trump and how the republican party is destroying the world.

It's a stupid guess, but I can't understand why she had such an unpleasant vibe.
  She does get paid right?  Sometimes money can taint things.  Her practice could in bad faith, she might not give a fuck generally.  People like that can become uncomfortable around caring , 'aware' types (like yourself possibly) cause you threaten and  insult there despicable ways. 
"I just care about the river, I dont care about your back"

brucewillis

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 32
  • Die Hard. www.casualskateshop.com.br
« Reply #7918 on: November 05, 2018, 02:34:41 AM »
Bolsarono really following the rules of fascism 101 to a t
It d almist be funny if it wasnt a tragic/ a scary
it's happening, just got punched for screaming against his followers last night

SodaJerk

• SLAP Pal
  • Butterscotch yo!
« Reply #7919 on: November 05, 2018, 07:53:07 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]

Oh with that information I’d say find another therapist