Author Topic: real confessions  (Read 1734889 times)

paraquat

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 199
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
Re: real confessions
« Reply #4560 on: March 05, 2014, 03:40:00 AM »
I think you already lost by watching living single.

smokecrack

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -160
« Reply #4561 on: March 05, 2014, 03:36:25 PM »
I think you already lost by watching living single.

you're being so childish rite now, quat.

just take your

:-*

L33Tg33k

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 701
  • F.A.P. - Forever Alone Party
« Reply #4562 on: March 05, 2014, 03:48:11 PM »
I never heard of Van Wastell until he left space ship Earth. Kind of glad I didn't because it makes him and his footage more mythical to me. Of course, I'd rather him still be with us though.
Before you say the music sucked, have you considered shutting the fuck up?

paraquat

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #4563 on: March 05, 2014, 06:36:48 PM »
Never!!!
« Last Edit: March 05, 2014, 06:40:44 PM by paraquat »

silkyjohnson

« Reply #4564 on: March 06, 2014, 03:46:33 AM »
I have social anxiety in crowded areas other than skate parks/ spots.

SodaJerk

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1085
  • Butterscotch yo!
« Reply #4565 on: March 06, 2014, 04:54:55 AM »
Whilst skating or just being there?

silkyjohnson

« Reply #4566 on: March 06, 2014, 05:45:37 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]
I don't have problems in skate parks just because I'm too focused on skating to think about it, but recently I've been overwhelmed in social situations, even getting a cup of coffee requires some kind of self talk to get me calmed down.

SodaJerk

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1085
  • Butterscotch yo!
« Reply #4567 on: March 06, 2014, 07:28:30 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]
I don't have problems in skate parks just because I'm too focused on skating to think about it, but recently I've been overwhelmed in social situations, even getting a cup of coffee requires some kind of self talk to get me calmed down.
I'm no therapist but I've had experience with anxiety and read or watched a little research and methods for treatment in these situations. A lot of the time the treatment involves facing your fear head on and doing what you're holding back from but in the most extreme manner possible, so for OCD cleanliness obsessives they'll have them put their hand inside a toilet (a clean one) or for the socially anxious they'll have them approach strangers to ask them questions or start a conversation, first try no warm ups. What ever the worst case scenerio the anxious person has imagined never eventuates and generally there is no negative or lasting consequence to speak of so it normalises anticipated responses. After a while the anxiety subsides, but practice and repetition is required to maintain this.

If you can maybe next time you feel this way, rather than try to identify why you're feeling this way, distract yourself (this is different for different people) then do what your wanting to do first try no warm ups. In Cognative behavioural therapy you might also be asked to identify the situations that make you most uncomfortable then list all the possible outcomes then identify the most logical or likely of them. They write it down like a chart (I'm sure it has a name but I can't remember it). This visual representation of it helps the mind rationalise the probability of actual outcomes rather than focusing on the negative.

Remember Silky, first try-no warm ups.

shark tits

« Reply #4568 on: March 06, 2014, 07:50:54 AM »
I can't skate in crowded places and it's fucking me up cause I can't control people to not look at me while skating.
i know what you mean even though i don't let it stop me. if people shout requests i sit down or wait for them to leave. sometimes i'll heckle back or explain 'you shouting kickflip is the equivalent of the jerkoff who yells 'freebird' at a concert' but it's pretty futile to reason w/ people. i am cognizant of people watching me in silence and sometimes that alters what trick i do and i hate that.

iSk84thechicas

• Rep: -47
  • Thats right - Her AND her cousin
« Reply #4569 on: March 06, 2014, 09:41:38 AM »
Expand Quote
I can't skate in crowded places and it's fucking me up cause I can't control people to not look at me while skating.
[close]
i know what you mean even though i don't let it stop me. if people shout requests i sit down or wait for them to leave. sometimes i'll heckle back or explain 'you shouting kickflip is the equivalent of the jerkoff who yells 'freebird' at a concert' but it's pretty futile to reason w/ people. i am cognizant of people watching me in silence and sometimes that alters what trick i do and i hate that.

I find that I can't focus on learning new things with too many people around. There is a process I take.  When I have to learn something new, or practice drills, I go to the skateparks or spots EARLY like 6 to 8 am in the morning.  I only go to the skateparks when its crowded, if i just want to fuck around or meet other people.  With everybody sitting around watching like its street league its easy to feel  a little off.  But if you have a clear goal as to why you wanted to skate that day you shouldnt care what people are looking at. Its about confidence and not everyday will be the same.  Also sometimes I find that people watch others at the skatepark to pick up style. Sometime i do this, but not so obvious.  I watch from far away and take a few glances. My suggestion is that you go when the park is empty if you fear the anxiety is flaring up or go with some homies to calm you down

-"...Because we all know if Baker were Guns N Roses, Braydon would be Steven Adler..."

- "When I'm not getting laid , I'm hauling myself down a 5 flat 5....Time to man up son!"

silkyjohnson

« Reply #4570 on: March 06, 2014, 12:35:15 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]
[close]
I'm no therapist but I've had experience with anxiety and read or watched a little research and methods for treatment in these situations. A lot of the time the treatment involves facing your fear head on and doing what you're holding back from but in the most extreme manner possible, so for OCD cleanliness obsessives they'll have them put their hand inside a toilet (a clean one) or for the socially anxious they'll have them approach strangers to ask them questions or start a conversation, first try no warm ups. What ever the worst case scenerio the anxious person has imagined never eventuates and generally there is no negative or lasting consequence to speak of so it normalises anticipated responses. After a while the anxiety subsides, but practice and repetition is required to maintain this.

If you can maybe next time you feel this way, rather than try to identify why you're feeling this way, distract yourself (this is different for different people) then do what your wanting to do first try no warm ups. In Cognative behavioural therapy you might also be asked to identify the situations that make you most uncomfortable then list all the possible outcomes then identify the most logical or likely of them. They write it down like a chart (I'm sure it has a name but I can't remember it). This visual representation of it helps the mind rationalise the probability of actual outcomes rather than focusing on the negative.

Remember Silky, first try-no warm ups.
Thanks a lot defiantly gonna take a stab at this, I sincerely appreciate your response.   

ThugWaffle

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -140
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #4571 on: March 06, 2014, 12:53:26 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
I don't find seinfeld funny at all. I tried to watch it multiple times but the characters are irritating as fuck to me. I love Curb on the other hand tho. I think shows like Curb and It's Always Sunny took what seinfeld had and made it 10x better.
[close]
^^^ signs you were born after 1988.
[close]
i don't like seinfield either, and i was born in 1977, so what am i ? regular ?

[close]
I'm with you guys. I was born in '88. I mean, I can definitely watch the show and understand it's appeal, but it was never funny like everybody makes it out to be. The gags were just not that good. I definitely see the Seinfeld in It's Always Sunny too. A group of despicable friends getting into weird situations and often times getting their comeuppance in the face of the trope of main characters always getting off scott free. I just find Sunny's jokes much funnier. It very well maybe that it just hasn't aged well like Soda says. People will probably say the same thing of Sunny in the future.
[close]
seinfeld is the greatest show ever. its always sunny is not that great. the first few seasons were alright, but the whole show is just every character screaming at each other.

Seinfeld is the best show ever. Only other show that's as addictive and funny is The Office.

Exposure

• Rep: -269
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #4572 on: March 06, 2014, 01:57:35 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
I don't find seinfeld funny at all. I tried to watch it multiple times but the characters are irritating as fuck to me. I love Curb on the other hand tho. I think shows like Curb and It's Always Sunny took what seinfeld had and made it 10x better.
[close]
[close]

[close]
I'm with you guys. I was born in '88. I mean, I can definitely watch the show and understand it's appeal, but it was never funny like everybody makes it out to be. The gags were just not that good. I definitely see the Seinfeld in It's Always Sunny too. A group of despicable friends getting into weird situations and often times getting their comeuppance in the face of the trope of main characters always getting off scott free. I just find Sunny's jokes much funnier. It very well maybe that it just hasn't aged well like Soda says. People will probably say the same thing of Sunny in the future.
[close]
seinfeld is the greatest show ever. its always sunny is not that great. the first few seasons were alright, but the whole show is just every character screaming at each other.
[close]

Seinfeld is the best show ever. Only other show that's as addictive and funny is The Office.

Parks and Rec is up there. Plus aubrey plaza is a goddess so that helps.
I can ollie 6 decks why would I want to scrape the ground with my tricks

dillanharp

« Reply #4573 on: March 06, 2014, 04:29:53 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
seinfileid is the worst of the white people shows. not funny at all
[close]
^ name a "black show"that is as well crafted.
[close]

wait, are you being for reals or just fuckin with nino?

how about Martin, In Living Color, The Cosby Show, The Boondocks, Fat Albert, The Jeffersons, Chappelle's Show, Sanford and Son, The Wayans Brothers, Family Matters, The Fresh Prince, Living Single, to name a few? (and that's not counting The Wire, Soul Train or Roots, since we're talking about comedies).

(Seinfeld and Martin are my two favorite sitcoms of all time. how can a person enjoy both of these shows tho? how?!?!?)
The Wire is for everyone.

ROCKxADIO420

« Reply #4574 on: March 06, 2014, 05:07:14 PM »
the wire was alright but i wish one of the gangs wouldve had like a ray romano type character/ i just couldnt relate

arthurspooner

• Rep: 9
« Reply #4575 on: March 06, 2014, 05:09:47 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

[close]
[close]
[close]

[close]

i totally agree about the office. even the crappier later seaons, are still really rewatchable. parks and rec on the other hand, is only good for the first two or seasons. then that show gets super shitty.

ice nine

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -308
« Reply #4576 on: March 06, 2014, 05:15:52 PM »
hey everyone shut up about your shitty tv show tastes
I;m sure i;m not the only dc/monster/subaru type guy here

brycickle

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 153
« Reply #4577 on: March 06, 2014, 05:38:30 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
seinfileid is the worst of the white people shows. not funny at all
[close]
^ name a "black show"that is as well crafted.
[close]

wait, are you being for reals or just fuckin with nino?

how about Martin, In Living Color, The Cosby Show, The Boondocks, Fat Albert, The Jeffersons, Chappelle's Show, Sanford and Son, The Wayans Brothers, Family Matters, The Fresh Prince, Living Single, to name a few? (and that's not counting The Wire, Soul Train or Roots, since we're talking about comedies).

(Seinfeld and Martin are my two favorite sitcoms of all time. how can a person enjoy both of these shows tho? how?!?!?)
[close]
The Wire is for everyone.
The Wire is the best t.v. show that ever was. Exhibit one:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1lElf7D-An8

And technically speaking it's not a "black" show. It was created by a white journalist and a white former cop.

You and the D00D have turned this thread into a horrible head-on-collision between a short bus full of regular kids and a van full of paraplegics.

Morty Seinfeld

« Reply #4578 on: March 06, 2014, 06:59:43 PM »
all you people who don't like Seinfeld are out of your fucking mind

JB

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 858
  • Rusty Berrings Roll Forever
« Reply #4579 on: March 07, 2014, 09:54:05 AM »
i havent watched the wire, but maybe after im through with dexter ill give it a go (im really behind on tv shows).

since were talking tv, lost is the greatest tv show in my personal opinion.

seinfeld and the office are definitely the winners of the comedy category.
the simpsons would be up there too if it didnt go to shit a few years ago. mid 90's- early 2000's was my favorite era of that show.

ThugWaffle

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #4580 on: March 07, 2014, 10:53:00 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

[close]
[close]
[close]

[close]

[close]
i totally agree about the office. even the crappier later seaons, are still really rewatchable. parks and rec on the other hand, is only good for the first two or seasons. then that show gets super shitty.
Never got into Parks and rec. I should give it a chance.

Bronson

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 80
« Reply #4581 on: March 07, 2014, 11:18:20 AM »
The pointlessness of life. The absurdity of trying to grasp some kind of a sense of identity when everything, including you, changes all the time anyway. Why does it bother me so much now? Why does it not bother me sometimes? Is it all just brain chemicals?

Also, I wonder if some people are just biologically tuned to feel a sense of disconnection through their life. What if you spend your whole life trying to find a connection to the world or to someone else, just out of reach? The thought that it is something you can work for seems uplifting, but what if it just is something you will always feel, no matter what? Or is it just a lack of connection with yourself? Or maybe there is no "deep connection" to be felt anyway and that is just something you try to obtain so you would not have to face the absurdity of everything. Why does it embarrass me to write this? Hella existential.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2014, 11:35:31 AM by Bronson »

Exposure

• Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #4582 on: March 07, 2014, 02:44:20 PM »
The pointlessness of life. The absurdity of trying to grasp some kind of a sense of identity when everything, including you, changes all the time anyway. Why does it bother me so much now? Why does it not bother me sometimes? Is it all just brain chemicals?

Also, I wonder if some people are just biologically tuned to feel a sense of disconnection through their life. What if you spend your whole life trying to find a connection to the world or to someone else, just out of reach? The thought that it is something you can work for seems uplifting, but what if it just is something you will always feel, no matter what? Or is it just a lack of connection with yourself? Or maybe there is no "deep connection" to be felt anyway and that is just something you try to obtain so you would not have to face the absurdity of everything. Why does it embarrass me to write this? Hella existential.

Everything you feel and think are really just chemical reactions going on in your brain. A few weeks ago I was really going crazy because I realized every mood and feeling I've ever had were just things that could be manipulated and the idea of reality started to dissolve. It's just kinda one of those things you trip on for a bit but then eventually forget because the chemicals in your brain balance themselves out and you go back to thinking "normal" stuff. We're all slaves to our synapses.

shitsandwich

• Rep: -53
« Reply #4583 on: March 07, 2014, 03:51:58 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Everything you feel and think are really just chemical reactions going on in your brain. A few weeks ago I was really going crazy because I realized every mood and feeling I've ever had were just things that could be manipulated and the idea of reality started to dissolve. It's just kinda one of those things you trip on for a bit but then eventually forget because the chemicals in your brain balance themselves out and you go back to thinking "normal" stuff. We're all slaves to our synapses.

I wouldn't "slaves" , but we're definitely highly influenced by these chemicals.

paraquat

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #4584 on: March 07, 2014, 04:12:37 PM »
^^ dopamine is the reason we get out of bed.

Monkey_Mcpott

« Reply #4585 on: March 07, 2014, 04:16:46 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

[close]
[close]
[close]

[close]

[close]
[close]
Never got into Parks and rec. I should give it a chance.

Never met anyone that didn't like Seinfeld. I remember always watching it as a kid even when i didn't know what everything meant same with married with children. As far as the office goes, stopped watching it after steve left and gave it a chance but it felt incomplete. That 70's show has also never disappointed as far as long running comedies goes with the exception of the last season.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2014, 04:22:05 PM by Monkey_Mcpott »

L33Tg33k

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 701
  • F.A.P. - Forever Alone Party
« Reply #4586 on: March 08, 2014, 03:45:12 PM »
That 70s show was awful. I usually can see the appeal in shows even when I don't like them, but I just can't see it in that 70s show. That, Friends, and How I Met Your Mother. I simply don't see the funny.
Before you say the music sucked, have you considered shutting the fuck up?

paraquat

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #4587 on: March 08, 2014, 03:48:26 PM »
That 70s show was awful. I usually can see the appeal in shows even when I don't like them, but I just can't see it in that 70s show. That, Friends, and How I Met Your Mother. I simply don't see the funny.

Except for being 14 and beating off to 1st season mila kunis.

Exposure

« Reply #4588 on: March 08, 2014, 08:50:34 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Except for being 14 and beating off to 1st season mila kunis. Donna's mom

ThugWaffle

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #4589 on: March 09, 2014, 06:57:01 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

Except for being 14 and beating off to 1st season mila kunis. Donna's mom
[close]

Oh man...