Author Topic: real confessions  (Read 1736715 times)

calvinsdream

Re: real confessions
« Reply #7410 on: January 20, 2018, 07:32:47 AM »
I relapsed today and had two drinks, after not drinking for a bit over 4 months. Honestly, I was going to post something about being stoked on making it four months. In the future, I’m just no going to keep track of how long I make it. Also, getting food at a bar/grill wasn’t a good idea, even though I got a $18 pizza for $5. I didn’t enjoy drinking, either. It kind of gave me a headache and I took a nap when I got home...sticking to weed only, but I’ve been cutting back...skating more.

I’ve been able to keep it to a few drinks (3-4) per week at most in the goal of eventually cutting it out. Now when slip up and get loaded it just hurts more, which seems to be a deterrent for next time...best of luck my dude.

Pigeon

« Reply #7411 on: January 20, 2018, 07:58:38 AM »
Expand Quote
I relapsed today and had two drinks, after not drinking for a bit over 4 months. Honestly, I was going to post something about being stoked on making it four months. In the future, I’m just no going to keep track of how long I make it. Also, getting food at a bar/grill wasn’t a good idea, even though I got a $18 pizza for $5. I didn’t enjoy drinking, either. It kind of gave me a headache and I took a nap when I got home...sticking to weed only, but I’ve been cutting back...skating more.
[close]

I’ve been able to keep it to a few drinks (3-4) per week at most in the goal of eventually cutting it out. Now when slip up and get loaded it just hurts more, which seems to be a deterrent for next time...best of luck my dude.
Thanks. I went out, drank for a second night in a row, and had a shitty experience that made me not want to drink again. For whatever reason, I lowered my standards, and was talking to some woman who seemed cool. As the night was heading towards an end, she tried to make out with a guy I beat at pool. When he turned her down, she went after another dude I beat, who turned her down too. She: cried, went into the bathroom, came out, and tried to kiss me. So, I turned her down, ignored her, had another beer, talked to the bartender for a while, and went home...watched IT for twenty minutes until the fat kid got stabbed/bit/whatever. Finally, I went to bed and woke up with a slight hangover. I’m done drinking again, especially since I didn’t get anything good out of it...can’t wait to get a sandwich from Gus’, and flirt with older women.

Joe Pesci

« Reply #7412 on: January 21, 2018, 04:52:33 PM »
Spent like 5 hours today trying to figure out why my laptop would not display a 3rd monitor. Finally found out on Intel's website that the processor is not able to work with 3 displays...

Haven't got laid since I broke up with my girlfriend 6 months ago. I haven't really tried at all to get with any other girls in that entire time, only tried to talk to like 2 girls that didn't end up being anything, and even then I don't really want the task of having a girlfriend. It hasn't really bothered me very much but these last 2 weeks I've been feeling like I'm gonna somehow get really bitter if I don't make something happen as far as at least just getting laid every once in a while.

I'm pretty much over skating at this point, my back is all fucked up and one of my knees keeps getting worse so I can't really pop to do a lot of tricks that I know how to do. So far I've been replacing it with working out and I'm interested in other activities that I also consider as art forms, since I consider skating to be the same.

A couple guys I'm friends with still hit me up to skate but I don't respond or if I talk to them in person I'll just tell them whats up, and they kind of try to convince me to come out but I'm really not interested anymore. Other than bodily pain and getting nothing for your actions already, skating to me has also just become pretty whitewashed with social media and the mass release of footage via Thrasher etc. (cuing my inner Marc Johnson). I have no problem moving on from skating and finding something new to do every day, but at the same time this pulls me away from my friends not only because skating is still their lives, but we also don't really share the same view points on a lot of things. A couple of them are super SJWish, like just eating up what media outlets spew about transgenders and feminism or whatever... and the other ones just don't really give a shit about anything but skating, which so far has gotten them nowhere, even with sponsors. Sometimes I feel embarrassed about the California/skateboard slang they still keep up with. They're still cool people, but I feel where our common interests and outlooks existed are becoming more separated and distinguished.

Not much of confessions, more like a shitty facebook post. I need some female distraction.

AitchBeeGayBuh

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 58
« Reply #7413 on: January 21, 2018, 04:56:24 PM »
How did u guys slow down/stop drinking? Every morning I say I wont drink, then go to work... During the course of the day all that goes out the window and goin to the bottle shop afterwards sounds more and more like a good idea. Been sayin I'm gonna stop the day after for the last few years at least. Oh well, maybe tomorrow.

Pigeon

« Reply #7414 on: January 21, 2018, 05:40:21 PM »
How did u guys slow down/stop drinking? Every morning I say I wont drink, then go to work... During the course of the day all that goes out the window and goin to the bottle shop afterwards sounds more and more like a good idea. Been sayin I'm gonna stop the day after for the last few years at least. Oh well, maybe tomorrow.
I’ve done some really, stupid shit when I drank. People have always told me to grow up and put my skateboard away. Those people are the ones who: got me into the bar scene, influenced me negatively, and made me understand that most, “friendships,” in life are, “acquaintanceships,” at best...I don’t know if that second one is a real word.

Every body is different—mine is better physically and mentally, without alcohol. I’ve been told to take anti-depressants by some bitch whose idea of fun always revolved around drinking. Once I stopped drinking, I’ve been happier and more productive. My increase in seratonin is from getting more physical activity and sleep. I started working out after giving up alcohol. I’ve been skating more and skating bigger shit, even though I’m getting older.

If you want to quit, you probably have to do it in steps. I relapsed recently, but haven’t drank since. I may have subconsciously associated the bad parts of my night with alcohol, which put me back onto my path of not drinking.

Plus, as lame as it sounds, I rather: skate for two hours, go home, smoke more, and play Ocarina of Time. There isn’t the incentive of taking home drunk women anymore, because they tend to annoy me.

I’m not shitting on alcohol. After a pint, my blood circulation is a bit better, and I have better endurance. (I get better blood circulation with weed, as well). Alcohol is just not for me because I don’t have any sense of moderation. If I take too many dabs, the worst thing I can do is eat too much food and pass out...that’s not even a bad thing because I end up lifting more weights.

When I drank too much once, I ended my relationship with the only woman I have ever considered marrying, because I was drunk/horny. She bailed on me to hang out with her friends...they were hanging out with a group of guys. Since I wasn’t thinking I straight, I assumed that she was probably going to fuck someone else. I still don’t know how to feel about this.

edit:
I didn’t mean to make it about me, and was just trying to give an example of a life hammer I pulled when I was drunk.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2018, 06:34:01 PM by Pigeon »

shit_for_brains

« Reply #7415 on: January 21, 2018, 06:27:20 PM »
My wife and I quit drinking together because we realized it would destroy us if we kept it, but without it we could have an amazing relationship. So marry my wife I guess.

Beeda Weeda

« Reply #7416 on: January 22, 2018, 05:16:27 AM »
-no drinks before 8 pm
-only drink if you feel like you accomplished something that day. ie. work, skate, housework, exercise, goals
-try not to drink alone
-be ok with missing out, there is always another opportunity to get drunk with your friends.
-realize who your friends are, and who your acquaintances are (stated above)

Jim and Dan

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 468
  • Twenty-six Conversions in A.D. 46
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #7417 on: January 22, 2018, 06:38:56 AM »
Unless the negatives outweigh the seeming benefits, you're probably not going to stop doing anything. I don't know about you, but me & "moderation" aren't friends in this regard... That's my personality though, the "all or nothing" type, although I have seen people be able to catch that illusive white whale.

Alcohol is a nasty bitch though, I'm actually pretty grateful that I never had a problem with THAT one, although my addictions are of the much less socially acceptable persuasion...
Roll for Rusty, Frip, Dapple and Tate

"My boiz better take my body, and boardslide me down the fucking bridge, in San Francisco"

SOTY

« Reply #7418 on: January 22, 2018, 08:07:33 PM »
I have seen people be able to catch that illusive white whale.

AitchBeeGayBuh

• Rep: 58
« Reply #7419 on: January 22, 2018, 10:32:35 PM »
My wife and I quit drinking together because we realized it would destroy us if we kept it, but without it we could have an amazing relationship. So marry my wife I guess.
Just brought this option up to my wife. She said no, thanks anyways, I really do appreciate it.

Pigeon

« Reply #7420 on: January 23, 2018, 11:07:47 PM »
The only French I know is, “Bonjour,” and, “Ta gueule salope.”

mynameisnotjeff

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 582
« Reply #7421 on: January 24, 2018, 12:39:07 AM »
-no drinks before 8 pm
-only drink if you feel like you accomplished something that day. ie. work, skate, housework, exercise, goals
-try not to drink alone
-be ok with missing out, there is always another opportunity to get drunk with your friends.
-realize who your friends are, and who your acquaintances are (stated above)

This, make rules about it and follow through. I tried keeping someone a dd or friend that is a lightweight to let me know when too much is too much but it isn't no one but your fault to deal with how you manage and with being hungover.

As for cutting negative influences it makes a huge difference. Spent last summer with people that acted like family but we would manage to drink and smoke everyday. After a while I was unhappy and felt unproductive with my life. This has pushed me to look for a feeling of productivity. This and also one of my legitimate friends pointed out to me that he rather work late nights and make money rather than go out and spend it.
Nothing I do deserves more than an iphone camera.

doublesteveburger

« Reply #7422 on: January 24, 2018, 06:25:04 PM »
The only reason I stopped doing drugs is because I can't afford it at the moment.

JB

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 857
  • Rusty Berrings Roll Forever
« Reply #7423 on: January 25, 2018, 06:23:02 AM »
The only reason I stopped doing drugs is because I can't afford it at the moment.

that doesnt stop a lot of people, so good for you i guess.

bawtawd5

• Rep: 134
« Reply #7424 on: January 25, 2018, 08:30:26 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Yea there's always TV's at Walmart, good job Steve.

JB

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 857
  • Rusty Berrings Roll Forever
« Reply #7425 on: January 25, 2018, 09:29:44 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
Yea there's always TV's at Walmart, good job Steve.

^ case in point

h00man

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 124
« Reply #7426 on: January 25, 2018, 09:49:32 AM »
Girls make me happy. Then they make me sad.
she can ride dick ham ham no joke ham

JAesop

« Reply #7427 on: January 25, 2018, 07:24:46 PM »
Wife is due with our second in about two weeks. They will be ten years apart and the older one is finally independent enough that life is much easier and I started to have more free time. I had a nice groove going.Now I have to start all over again, not stoked. Not looking forward to sleep deprivation, spit up, and crying. She makes a lot more than me so I quit my job to be the primary childcare. Also, the wife had bad post partum depression last time which really strained everything. No mistake, of course I will love him and give him everything I can but I am just not excited like the first time. It sucks to feel this way.
Get them out of the way early guys, trust me.
« Last Edit: January 25, 2018, 07:29:44 PM by JAesop »

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 111
  • We're just 2 lo(b)s(t)ers sitting behind a screen
« Reply #7428 on: January 25, 2018, 09:04:19 PM »
Wife is due with our second in about two weeks. They will be ten years apart and the older one is finally independent enough that life is much easier and I started to have more free time. I had a nice groove going.Now I have to start all over again, not stoked. Not looking forward to sleep deprivation, spit up, and crying. She makes a lot more than me so I quit my job to be the primary childcare. Also, the wife had bad post partum depression last time which really strained everything. No mistake, of course I will love him and give him everything I can but I am just not excited like the first time. It sucks to feel this way.
Get them out of the way early guys, trust me.
10 years difference, that's a big gap there mate ... congrats though! I only have a 3yo at this point but if/ when we do have a second they'll have at least 4 years between them and even that is worrying me. cool to hear you'll be a stay at home dad, I honestly wouldn't mind doing that but alas I'm the breadwinner which I'm also fine with. I work remotely atm which means I can take my kid to the shared office I rent if I don't have important meetings etc.

I know what you mean about the groove though; even the difference between 0 and 3 is huge, I take my son skating all the time now and he's happy to just cruise around without me having to pay massive amounts of attention to him. Anyway mate, I'm sure it will all be fine, congrats on being a #raddad for the 2nd time round!
« Last Edit: January 25, 2018, 09:46:33 PM by Gay Imp Sausage Metal »

Impish sausage is definitely gonna blow up as a euphemism this year

JAesop

« Reply #7429 on: January 25, 2018, 09:28:04 PM »
^^^^I am most likely just being a selfish bastard. Things always seem worse before they happen. Reality is never as bad as anticipation. ^^^

RumpelFoarskin

« Reply #7430 on: January 27, 2018, 10:50:18 AM »
If I want to suck dick but I don’t want to take a dick in the ass it’s making me wonder if I’m gay or not? And like I don’t know if it’s selfish to not want to take dick?

Joe Pesci

« Reply #7431 on: January 27, 2018, 03:47:49 PM »
Wouldn't that be the opposite? If a woman gives a blowjob, technically she receives no pleasure from it other than mental, and that's only if she likes giving them. I must have only talked to selfish girls my entire life, because I've never met a girl who actually enjoyed giving them past the point of me wanting one.

Whether that makes you gay or not... try it and find out

NeppuNeppu

« Reply #7432 on: January 27, 2018, 03:54:40 PM »
If I want to suck dick but I don’t want to take a dick in the ass it’s making me wonder if I’m gay or not? And like I don’t know if it’s selfish to not want to take dick?

If you are a man and want to have sexual relationships with another that makes you gay. How you want those sexual relationships to play out is up to you. You don't have to bottom if you don't want to. Frotting is something you could explore.

Anything involving girl dicks is straight though.

jive soul bro

« Reply #7433 on: January 28, 2018, 05:22:09 PM »
I watch and enjoy Anthony Shetler's videos. I even like the robot sounds he makes when Westgate lands a trick.
Alien Ed Skateboards!

excitableboy

• Rep: 92
« Reply #7434 on: January 28, 2018, 11:26:16 PM »
I went sober last summer after i had a seizure, provoked by substance abuse the doctors told me. Pretty soon I was feeling much better, enrolled to get a teacher's degree, got things organized. But my resolve wore off and I relapsed a few months ago. Part of me really believed I could manage functional drug use. Now on the verge of getting ousted from the course, ordered a paper online because couldnt muster to write it myself. Quite the low point.

iKobrakai

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -717
« Reply #7435 on: January 29, 2018, 01:54:36 AM »
I went sober last summer after i had a seizure, provoked by substance abuse the doctors told me. Pretty soon I was feeling much better, enrolled to get a teacher's degree, got things organized. But my resolve wore off and I relapsed a few months ago. Part of me really believed I could manage functional drug use. Now on the verge of getting ousted from the course, ordered a paper online because couldnt muster to write it myself. Quite the low point.

Pretty common to get fucked by that. Sorry to hear that and good luck.

shark tits

« Reply #7436 on: January 29, 2018, 04:57:00 AM »
it's ok to fuck up and come back, excitable boy. just don't hurt people or burn too many bridges. how'd you have a seizure, you doing lean?
i'm trying to kick suboxin and i made it about 34 hours and started getting bad bellyaches. i've got a huge pile of pills and films, i cut myself a tiny piece and took it. felt better but sucks that i still haven't made it a day of in  a yr.

iKobrakai

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -717
« Reply #7437 on: January 29, 2018, 06:03:32 AM »
it's ok to fuck up and come back, excitable boy. just don't hurt people or burn too many bridges. how'd you have a seizure, you doing lean?
i'm trying to kick suboxin and i made it about 34 hours and started getting bad bellyaches. i've got a huge pile of pills and films, i cut myself a tiny piece and took it. felt better but sucks that i still haven't made it a day of in  a yr.

You'll get there.

excitableboy

• Rep: 92
« Reply #7438 on: January 29, 2018, 09:18:21 AM »

Pretty common to get fucked by that. Sorry to hear that and good luck.

Thanks for the kind words.

I've never tried lean actually. I still think sleep deprivation was a part of it too. But in hospital they were adamant it was drinking that did it, withdrawal actually, combined with drugs and lack of sleep. I never thought of myself as (that big of an) alcoholic, but it shook me up pretty good. I latched onto the verdict in a way, used it to get straight, which I wanted to want for a long time anyway. After a few months, I was allowed to drive again and the memory of that day had faded a bit, sure enough the pendulum swung back and I started rationalizing it - I probably was just tired, surely I can smoke some weed right, a beer or two won't hurt. And so on.

Hang in there man. I'm glad opioids aren't as ubiquitous here as they are in the States.

doublesteveburger

« Reply #7439 on: February 02, 2018, 10:22:46 AM »
I don't like Ed Templeton anymore.