Author Topic: real confessions  (Read 1737021 times)

iKobrakai

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -717
Re: real confessions
« Reply #7590 on: April 07, 2018, 08:41:10 AM »
i miss drugs and alcohol sometimes.

Normal for people in our shoes. 

Sad Hippo

« Reply #7591 on: April 07, 2018, 01:57:45 PM »
After watching the Ghostbusters remake last night, I realized I'm really attracted to Melissa McCarthy.

Mongoloid

« Reply #7592 on: April 08, 2018, 06:17:23 PM »
I just spent a substantial amount of money on skincare products. Going full puss to secure some puss.

mynameisnotjeff

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 582
« Reply #7593 on: April 08, 2018, 09:46:00 PM »
I just spent a substantial amount of money on skincare products. Going full puss to secure some puss.

Gotta treat yourself right, ain't know one going to take care of you like you do you
Nothing I do deserves more than an iphone camera.

slappies

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1208
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #7594 on: April 10, 2018, 09:08:27 AM »
I've hit a rough patch, and it's getting hard to pull out of. I think a lot of it stems from my job, I won't go into detail, but I'm fucking miserable here. I'm trying to apply elsewhere, or at least move around in the company but lately it's felt like I'm drowning. I've applied for a new position to make some better money here, but it's the work itself more than anything. It's mentally and emotionally draining. I know it's easy to say "Stop being a pussy, quit and get a new job" but that shit is stupid. It's not as easy as I'd like it to be. I'm not pulling in huge money by any means, but I've been here long enough that I'm making a decent living. My girlfriend and I live together and make about the same, she always tells me that she would support me trying to find something else that makes me happier, but I'd feel like a prick if I suddenly cut my income basically in half and leave her to do the heavy lifting. The problem though is I need to decide if it's more important to be a "fiscally responsible adult" or quit this shit and try to retain my happiness. It's starting to affect my personal life, I've been an irritable asshole and prone to snapping at people more including my girlfriend. If I was single I would have been done with this place ages ago, but I'm trying to make a bit of a life for myself so I can't just work on snap decisions anymore. I'm not looking for pity from you guys, I know people out there have bigger fish to fry, but does anyone have any advice? Even just someone who has dealt with/is dealing with something similar?
CRACK RAIDER RAZOR

the snake

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 350
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #7595 on: April 10, 2018, 09:55:15 AM »
there's a vacant dumpster next to the one under which I live ^^

slappies

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #7596 on: April 10, 2018, 10:09:42 AM »
there's a vacant dumpster next to the one under which I live ^^

Is it at least rent controlled?
CRACK RAIDER RAZOR

shark tits

« Reply #7597 on: April 10, 2018, 10:17:48 AM »
maybe save up a bunch/slow down your consumption so that it's not a wicked big burden on ya gf while you're between jobs. maybe ya get used to it and downgrade like kevin spacey in that movie?
don't reject jarhead's advances if he kisses you.
also, don't go for the younger girl.
but i think you should do what makes you happier and quit so you'll be able to live a better life.

slappies

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #7598 on: April 10, 2018, 10:22:37 AM »
Yeah, I've gotta quit wasting money on dumb shit. I spend a lot on unnecessary things because it gives me momentary happiness, which is a childish way to live.
I'm thinking if this position I applied for doesn't pan out I may just quit. It's getting the point it's not worth it even if the money is decent.
CRACK RAIDER RAZOR

shark tits

« Reply #7599 on: April 10, 2018, 10:31:37 AM »
life's too long to do shit that makes you unhappy

SodaJerk

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1085
  • Butterscotch yo!
« Reply #7600 on: April 10, 2018, 11:11:33 AM »
Yeah, I've gotta quit wasting money on dumb shit. I spend a lot on unnecessary things because it gives me momentary happiness, which is a childish way to live.
I'm thinking if this position I applied for doesn't pan out I may just quit. It's getting the point it's not worth it even if the money is decent.
My situation is slightly different because rather than working for someone doing a job I don't like I work for myself and for the most part enjoy my work but for over two years now I've had nearly no life outside of work.

I encouraged my wife to cut down her working days because she was in your situation and it saved her sanity. She was the manager and stepped down to three days a week so she could concentrate on her own stuff but as a result I pay for 75% of everything but it doesn't bother me because she's happier and that takes a load off me.

If your GF is solid I'd have the chat with her and look to get out of what you're doing because it won't get better unless you make a change.

doublesteveburger

« Reply #7601 on: April 10, 2018, 03:30:59 PM »

my confession is that this is my next tattoo, thanks dude.

somethingmustbreaknow

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 489
« Reply #7602 on: April 11, 2018, 12:15:15 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]
my confession is that this is my next tattoo, thanks dude.

you gotta cite/credit the author

« Last Edit: April 11, 2018, 12:17:44 AM by somethingmustbreaknow »

shit_for_brains

« Reply #7603 on: April 11, 2018, 05:18:11 AM »
I felt/feel the same way. I just deprioritized the importance of work in my life and started phoning about 30% of it in. I still have to physically show up and I get paid the same but I don't give an ounce of a shit about it. Not to where I could get fired or anything, because where I work that's fucking impossible, but of my "8 hours" I'm only working on things that could benefit the company for about 20 minutes. It helped a lot.

JB

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 857
  • Rusty Berrings Roll Forever
« Reply #7604 on: April 11, 2018, 07:11:53 AM »
I felt/feel the same way. I just deprioritized the importance of work in my life and started phoning about 30% of it in. I still have to physically show up and I get paid the same but I don't give an ounce of a shit about it. Not to where I could get fired or anything, because where I work that's fucking impossible, but of my "8 hours" I'm only working on things that could benefit the company for about 20 minutes. It helped a lot.

ive kind of lived my life this way. i do what i need to do to get things done, and thats about it. i have zero stress from my job but the shitty thing about it is that i can do what i need to do in a fraction of the time that im required to be here. its knowing that ive wasted all this extra time is what kills me.

then ive got to go home and bust my ass with doing stuff that actually matters in the little time i have left. i could cut my time at the office in half and still be just as productive.

behavioralguide

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 770
  • dog stuff
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #7605 on: April 11, 2018, 10:08:16 AM »
just take huge dumps/meditate and steal pens

JB

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 857
  • Rusty Berrings Roll Forever
« Reply #7606 on: April 11, 2018, 01:34:41 PM »

im very picky about my pens so i have the office supply lady order me the ones i like and then i hide them so nobody else can use them.

for years my favorite was the uniball vision elite 0.7 but it recently got replaced with the papermate inkjoy 0.5. its a good pen.

shit_for_brains

« Reply #7607 on: April 11, 2018, 03:24:17 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

im very picky about my pens so i have the office supply lady order me the ones i like and then i hide them so nobody else can use them.

for years my favorite was the uniball vision elite 0.7 but it recently got replaced with the papermate inkjoy 0.5. its a good pen.

I've taken all of my pens and scissors and all that shit off of other peoples' desks

iKobrakai

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #7608 on: April 12, 2018, 11:27:54 AM »
I have no idea how you guys do that shit at work.

I'll have Treasury on my ass for missing uploading a file in time. 

Lose focus for a second and Accounting will break your legs for misplacing a dollar.

Worst of all, I actually enjoy working in corporate. The fuck is going on, here?

dirtyweemidden

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 59
« Reply #7609 on: April 12, 2018, 12:13:54 PM »
ive been phoning it on and half assing everything my entire working life. guess what.. I just got a promotion!
turns out when you only work about an hour a day when new shit emerges that really needs done you can really 'move things around' to fit it in.

Workin hard is for suckers!

shit_for_brains

« Reply #7610 on: April 12, 2018, 12:21:11 PM »
I'm one of the creative leads where I work so they put up with all my bullshit because I do a lot of different stuff nobody else does. So I steal and fart.

slappies

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #7611 on: April 12, 2018, 12:25:25 PM »
The position I'm in right now is pretty heavily watched, all my logins and logoffs and monitored and any time I even spend away from my desk is watched and if I don't meet certain stats I can end up not getting a bonus and shit. This new position I've applied for (which I got an interview for next week, congrats me) is more in a managerial role, far less monitored and not tied to my desk as much. I'm the most qualified of the those I know who applied, so I'm hoping to start half-assing myself to happiness by the end of the month.
CRACK RAIDER RAZOR

straight

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 982
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #7612 on: April 12, 2018, 12:35:32 PM »
every time i have a bad day at work, im gonna come in this thread and read how shitty your jobs are to cheer myself up
What kind of mikey taylor logic is this?

SodaJerk

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1085
  • Butterscotch yo!
« Reply #7613 on: April 12, 2018, 12:55:36 PM »
I'm one of the creative leads where I work so they put up with all my bullshit because I do a lot of different stuff nobody else does. So I steal and fart.
Click the link to read, happy farting
https://apple.news/Ag3-w1qqjSRSpgTyIGkusAw

SOTY

« Reply #7614 on: April 12, 2018, 03:12:16 PM »
The position I'm in right now is pretty heavily watched, all my logins and logoffs and monitored and any time I even spend away from my desk is watched and if I don't meet certain stats I can end up not getting a bonus and shit. This new position I've applied for (which I got an interview for next week, congrats me) is more in a managerial role, far less monitored and not tied to my desk as much. I'm the most qualified of the those I know who applied, so I'm hoping to start half-assing myself to happiness by the end of the month.
That sounds exactly like the call centres I worked in a few years back. By far the most depressed I've ever been. Hoping you manage to level-up soon!

Francis Xavier

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2191
« Reply #7615 on: April 12, 2018, 08:31:12 PM »
Reading all of you guy's work situations really shined a light on how good I have it at my job. Sorry,but thanks?

Damn I left my bubbler at my parents house

iKobrakai

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #7616 on: April 13, 2018, 02:13:40 AM »
Can only imagine how many people have terrible jobs. Or worse, no job.

Joe Pesci

« Reply #7617 on: April 13, 2018, 03:27:58 PM »
I used to think I was over working at restaurants, until I started working at a 7-4 office job that was a call center as well, a help desk position where people call in and need help fixing whatever problem they're having with their computer.

I fucking hated it and quit after 3 months. The main parts about the job that I didn't like were the getting up early, hours feeling long, being stuck at a desk where your exact time is monitored and staring at a screen all day.

Gone back to restaurants for now and I don't take it for granted, I'm working around 30 hours a week making more than I was working full time at the office and I sleep in/stay up late every day. But the subtle part about it I like the most is that you can actually talk to people around you and don't have to sit down all day. Shit was starting to make my back hurt more with their garbage old chairs and was giving me anxiety when you stare at something and focus on it all day then snap back into the real world.

jomeara1

« Reply #7618 on: April 15, 2018, 09:03:12 AM »

Lose focus for a second and Accounting will break your legs for misplacing a dollar.

Worst of all, I actually enjoy working in corporate. The fuck is going on, here?

I tried the corporate route in accounting and it just wasn’t for me. Maybe it was the company I worked for but I was just miserable there. I switched to governmental accounting and I couldn’t be happier. I had to take a pay cut, but it was completely worth it because of the work/life balance and benefits they offer. 

Actually I think one of the toughest jobs I’ve ever had was FedEx

iKobrakai

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #7619 on: April 15, 2018, 10:55:56 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

I tried the corporate route in accounting and it just wasn’t for me. Maybe it was the company I worked for but I was just miserable there. I switched to governmental accounting and I couldn’t be happier. I had to take a pay cut, but it was completely worth it because of the work/life balance and benefits they offer. 

Actually I think one of the toughest jobs I’ve ever had was FedEx

Yeah, I worked in a factory 11 hours a day before, was waaaay more stressful than corporate. At my company there are great opportunities to advance, so I'm happy here.