Author Topic: real confessions  (Read 1738178 times)

Silky Johnson

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1361
Re: real confessions
« Reply #7830 on: September 24, 2018, 08:27:57 PM »
I've been having gnarly anxiety over my new retail job, I had to take a shot of liquor before my shift today just to have the balls to go in, Currently on my 10 min break and I'm bugging out because I'm sober and still have another hour left

brucewillis

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 33
  • Die Hard. www.casualskateshop.com.br
« Reply #7831 on: September 25, 2018, 06:57:01 AM »
I've been having gnarly anxiety over my new retail job, I had to take a shot of liquor before my shift today just to have the balls to go in, Currently on my 10 min break and I'm bugging out because I'm sober and still have another hour left
Drink a beer and smoke a cig before you go to work. Used to work for me, but i'm not smoking during the week days anymore.

iKobrakai

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -717
« Reply #7832 on: September 25, 2018, 08:35:49 AM »
Don't know about nicotine, can raise the anxiety. Overall, I cannot recommend adding more vices than you already have, Silks.

I sniff Jim Gagne's butthole all the time

• Rep: -156
« Reply #7833 on: September 25, 2018, 09:04:05 AM »
all roads lead to the same places silky but i'd recommend a quick jog over a beer. that's not to say most of my life i haven't chosen the beer and cheated my way through stuff. excercise will raise your spirits though and not leave you wanting a nap an hour later.

MintySandwhich

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -128
« Reply #7834 on: September 25, 2018, 09:08:23 AM »
I've had some close friends that have had issues with alcohol. I can tell you that needing a drink before work is a straight ticket to alcoholism. Would not recommend it.

MintySandwhich

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -128
« Reply #7835 on: September 25, 2018, 09:12:03 AM »
I'm 17 and in senior year, already know what i'm gonna do, just fuckin freakin out about shit like finding a place. I'm a virgin and i feel like shit about it. I wish i could party with the cool kids but i simultaneously hate all of them. People only seem to somewhat like me because i'm kinda funny and musically talented. Life is weird.

I didn't loose my virginity until I was like 19-20, you got time. Besides, focusing on school is way more important than partying. Get your shit done, than party. In college, the party will find you no doubt.. but like most pros have said in interviews, it's not entirely worth it.

Peter Zagreus

• Rep: 85
« Reply #7836 on: September 25, 2018, 01:18:02 PM »

I'd like to hear more about it, Silky. My retail job is also, perhaps unsurprisingly, not ideal.

Increasingly, I feel like I dislike everyone... or that I am not having genuine interactions with people, especially my coworkers. I think my demeanor is repellant.

Silky Johnson

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #7837 on: September 25, 2018, 10:22:47 PM »
I've never been the most social person but I can maintain a conversation if need be even if it's painfully uncomfortable, but since I've started this gig I have no idea what my issue is I can barely speak to customers without my voice shaking or getting knots in my stomach, I'm getting really close to saying fuck it and bailing but I'm really hurting financially right now.

SodaJerk

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1085
  • Butterscotch yo!
« Reply #7838 on: September 25, 2018, 11:51:36 PM »
I've never been the most social person but I can maintain a conversation if need be even if it's painfully uncomfortable, but since I've started this gig I have no idea what my issue is I can barely speak to customers without my voice shaking or getting knots in my stomach, I'm getting really close to saying fuck it and bailing but I'm really hurting financially right now.
I know it can be hard when your voice does weird shit and you get flummoxed when you're trying to do your best, but, I have a strategy for you.
You are not going to get fired for your voice shaking and none of these people are going to care or remember it by the time they get home. Knowing this you should concentrate on trying to remember your interactions day by day so you can tell them as a story to your friends and family and laugh about it later. If it becomes a good story to tell later on nothing bad has happened.

Silky Johnson

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #7839 on: September 26, 2018, 11:03:42 AM »
Appreciate the responses fellas, hopefully I'll adjust just gotta weather the initial storm

Skibb

• Rep: 68
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
« Reply #7840 on: September 27, 2018, 09:24:35 PM »
Appreciate the responses fellas, hopefully I'll adjust just gotta weather the initial storm

I had been struggling with pretty severe stage fright for years when I got a job as a designer on a small agency. This meant that I would have to be the one doing the pitching and presentations for the clients - I was shitting bricks.

Had many sleepless nights before these meetings, being so nervous getting nervous during the meeting, that I would be at home having panic attacks.

One day I realized that 1. Nobody but me ever noticed all the signs of me balancing on the edge of a breakdown that I thought were so fucking obvious (and thus awkward/embarrassing); 2. even if they did, they didn't give a fuck and 3. If they did give a fuck - fuck em cause they shouldn't. And most importantly - it is completely fine for it to be silence in the room - you don't have to talk constantly, saying all the right things.

But maybe that wasn't at all related to what you're going through?

Peter Zagreus

• Rep: 85
« Reply #7841 on: September 28, 2018, 12:19:34 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

I had been struggling with pretty severe stage fright for years when I got a job as a designer on a small agency. This meant that I would have to be the one doing the pitching and presentations for the clients - I was shitting bricks.

Had many sleepless nights before these meetings, being so nervous getting nervous during the meeting, that I would be at home having panic attacks.

One day I realized that 1. Nobody but me ever noticed all the signs of me balancing on the edge of a breakdown that I thought were so fucking obvious (and thus awkward/embarrassing); 2. even if they did, they didn't give a fuck and 3. If they did give a fuck - fuck em cause they shouldn't. And most importantly - it is completely fine for it to be silence in the room - you don't have to talk constantly, saying all the right things.

Related or not, it's great advice for social anxiety/stage fright. The stakes are usually way lower than they seem.

Baron Samedi

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 372
« Reply #7842 on: September 28, 2018, 12:57:29 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
Related or not, it's great advice for social anxiety/stage fright. The stakes are usually way lower than they seem.
this is what i tell myself when i'm freaking out over some prospective social situation or something i said or did that i feel like people are judging me for. the gist is basically that it's egotistical and unrealistic to assume everyone is thinking about you all the time down to the same level of granular detail that you do. it's good to remember the truth, which is that nobody gives a fuck about you.

smellsdead

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1235
« Reply #7843 on: September 28, 2018, 07:01:26 PM »
i freeball about 85% of the time

longjohns when its cold enough

bawtawdwon

• Rep: -68
  • cant ban the snowman
« Reply #7844 on: September 28, 2018, 07:31:25 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
[close]
this is what i tell myself when i'm freaking out over some prospective social situation or something i said or did that i feel like people are judging me for. the gist is basically that it's egotistical and unrealistic to assume everyone is thinking about you all the time down to the same level of granular detail that you do. it's good to remember the truth, which is that nobody gives a fuck about you.
I think that's just a lie people tell themselves. I remember many single interactions with people where I was like "this persons awesome" or "this persons a nervous wreck".

Best u can do silky is try and learn how to mold yourself over time in that postition. My first retail job I was awkward until I got into routine and could try different angles on people. Then I was dropping milf panties in no time, and now I got a crazy talent for talking to randoms. Basically my rules are pure openness and honesty, no room for awkwardness when your honest all the time, maybe for them but not for you. You can really kill em with honest compliments on things people probably never compliment them on.

Like for a hot girl you never compliment her looks but something else about her etc, etc.

Rare compliments.

Pigeon

« Reply #7845 on: September 28, 2018, 09:18:23 PM »
Some obese guy with C-cups, and rolled up skinny jeans, pointed at me before telling his boyfriend, “That guy is dressed like an ass.”

Francis Xavier

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2192
« Reply #7846 on: September 28, 2018, 09:24:17 PM »
Some obese guy with C-cups, and rolled up skinny jeans, pointed at me before telling his boyfriend, “That guy is dressed like an ass.”
Should've told him you aren't a mirror.

Silky I'm late to the party,  but I hope you can shake off whats getting to you

Damn I left my bubbler at my parents house

straight

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 986
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #7847 on: September 28, 2018, 09:27:37 PM »

post a fit
What kind of mikey taylor logic is this?

doublesteveburger

« Reply #7848 on: September 29, 2018, 09:18:37 PM »
I enjoy "Famous Monsters" by Misfits.

iKobrakai

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -717
« Reply #7849 on: September 30, 2018, 12:41:36 AM »
I never become good at anything, just a bit above average.

bawtawdwon

• Rep: -68
  • cant ban the snowman
« Reply #7850 on: September 30, 2018, 04:57:46 PM »
Get some lil cease, ambulance outside of buffet, drive by, fat lady in pastel on stretcher, laugh my ass off, don't feel bad about it.

Pigeon

« Reply #7851 on: September 30, 2018, 09:21:57 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

post a fit

[img]
navy Bronze56k pants with the reflective shit on the side and all black Crockett 2s

Paco Supreme

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 536
  • One Trick Pony
« Reply #7852 on: October 01, 2018, 03:11:15 AM »
I enjoy "Famous Monsters" by Misfits.

I don’t see anything wrong with this

Jollyoli

• Rep: 91
« Reply #7853 on: October 01, 2018, 03:24:20 AM »
I thought it would be fun to put 56mm wheels on my early 90's phawt board but it's bummed me out and ruined it for me. It will now live in the Fritzel cupboard till next spring.
Hey, hey, hey. Don't be mean. We don't have to be mean because, remember, no matter where you go, there you are.

Foray

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 224
  • Miglios
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #7854 on: October 02, 2018, 03:38:24 AM »
i think i will always be an addict, it sucks.  i want to be good and do better and be a normal person but i always sabotage myself.  it's like i thrive living like a crazy person.  i never feel normal or can relax, on drugs or not.  sorry, just had to vent. 

brucewillis

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 33
  • Die Hard. www.casualskateshop.com.br
« Reply #7855 on: October 02, 2018, 01:27:30 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

post a fit
[close]

[img]
navy Bronze56k pants with the reflective shit on the side and all black Crockett 2s
Nice hat buddy and i mean it

childhood

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 663
« Reply #7856 on: October 03, 2018, 07:25:57 PM »
All those articles of clothes are cool on their own, but are a bit too much as one fit, in my opinion.

Pigeon

« Reply #7857 on: October 03, 2018, 07:40:17 PM »
All those articles of clothes are cool on their own, but are a bit too much as one fit, in my opinion.
I just buy whatever shit from whatever companies I’m stoked on at the moment because I almost always go back to DLX boards. Plus, soft goods are more profitable. Also, I just realized that the shit I wore that day (minus the shoes) runs about $250, and I don’t think I’m getting that Polar fleece back.

NegativeCreep

« Reply #7858 on: October 04, 2018, 06:32:51 PM »
He was jealous of your style.
Often fools will call some one out on something they are self conscious about, like the closeted dude who expresses his homophobia too often. He was feeling down and dirty, squeezed into the skinny jeans he fantasizes he can pull off although are more reminiscent of over packed rolls of sausage, anxious if the dampness under his moobs is showing through his shirt, and needed to bring someone down to his level.

guest1

« Reply #7859 on: October 05, 2018, 07:41:21 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

One thing that helped me with stage fright is picturing myself in the opposite situation (being in the audience). I’ve noticed that when I watch someone else do a presentation I eventually stop paying attention and daydream the rest of the time. I don’t know if it’s common for people to do that, but whenever I have to present something now, I just picture the audience daydreaming and not paying attention to me (regardless if they really are or not) and it helps me tremendously.