Author Topic: Dead Island Riptide  (Read 700 times)

landCow

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 91
Dead Island Riptide
« on: April 23, 2013, 04:57:36 AM »
Anyone else picked it up or picking it up? The first was heavily flawed but i really enjoyed the first half of it. The second half badly dragged but despite that I had been itching to play it again when I heard word of Riptide coming out.

I picked it up today and I have mixed thoughts. On the one hand it is fun as hell to jump back into the game and slice and dice zombies. On the other hand the controls feel odd. Character movement feels like my feet are stuck in mud, its the strangest thing.

Dr Steve Brule

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 68
Re: Dead Island Riptide
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2013, 08:25:55 AM »
I bought the first Dead Island.  I play it on occasion after drinking but often I get too spooked to play it alone.  I would watch Walking Dead and then play this game.  I kept having dreams about the zombie apocalypse so eventually I had to give it up.

I can't believe how long it is though.  I feel so overwhelmed by all of the tasks/quests/whatever that people ask you to do.  I forget but in the beginning isn't there an option to have the zombies play on your level (Recommended)?  Or something like that.  Well I said YES and I'm not good at video games and I feel like this is way too hard.  I suck at video games.
For Your Health

Donkey Lips

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1020
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2013, 01:42:13 PM »
Played the first one. Hated it. Within two hours I quit. Too much "find this for me" or "can you go find this person" quests.

landCow

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 91
« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2013, 05:19:06 PM »
Played the first one. Hated it. Within two hours I quit. Too much "find this for me" or "can you go find this person" quests.

haha yeah it really is. I still maintain its fun for a few hours before it becomes a grind.