Author Topic: Designing your own shoe  (Read 43646 times)

Will Easley

Designing your own shoe
« on: April 29, 2013, 05:22:17 PM »
I know I havent been the only one to get bored & fuck around on some artistic shit. Post any sketches or doodles in here or even just airy concepts in your head. if you had the chance to make a pro model shoe, what would it be?

Today I had a lil sudden inspiration and got to sketching, something i havent really done in years. Anyway I was thinking about that new etnies Marana shoe & its lil guard on the toecap, & the TPR sidewall on the skytop 3's thats basically indestructible. I was thinking what if a shoe sorta combined both of those elements & got to work.

I always liked the 2011 air jordans because the main piece of the shoe is like a one piece toecap & sidewall all in one, and I thought that would be great to implement in a skate shoe. It could be made of reinforced suede, or even possibly the same TPR rubber in the zoom tres or skytops. I wanted superb durability. so I put an airbag in the heel of the sole as well as a plastic shank guard for your achilles on a mid top silhouette. I also like how the old nike zoom tre AD's had the hidden lace loops next to the inside of the tongue, so i threw that on as well. inside side panels & tounge would be mesh just like the new Reynolds shoe. anyways heres what I came up with. Im no illustrator by any means, so excuse any shit jobs I did of minor details. fuck drawing shoe laces. the black part at the top is reinforced trim, that white part between that & the side panel is the expose leather "skeleton" of the shoe, with the side panel on top of that.

ZEBRA

Re: Designing your own shoe
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2013, 05:32:04 PM »
Backing this thread. Would really like to see what people can come up with. Especially with everyone complaining about shoe designs. Myself included. Not sure when, but I'll draw something up at some point and post it.

The shoe looks alright. Digging the bubble. Can definitely tell that's from a Jordan shoe. Haha.

It would help if you put a brand on it though. Like, is it a Supra shoe, Nike, etc.?? Kinda looks like a really tech Vans shoe.

Will Easley

« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2013, 05:35:29 PM »
yeah i realized the leather part looked like the vans stripe just as soon as I got finished. I might have to refine it sometime, or just learn how to draw better. lol. if i had to brand it itd prolly be a Supra shoe. If I made some nikes theyd be a lot different. I might have to make some adidas joints just for the hell of it. they need more midtop cupsoles.
« Last Edit: April 29, 2013, 05:40:04 PM by Will Easley »

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 12
« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2013, 06:02:37 PM »
this thread REAKS

Will Easley

« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2013, 08:32:16 PM »
Made a lil update removing the extra top layer as well as making the angle/perspective straight on horizontal. pretty much the best this design will get. Ima have to make some Nike & adidas ones next just because i like the challenge of incorporating the big logos into a unique design. might fuck around & do some more later tonight when i get back from skating

Tim_Smith

• Rep: -2
« Reply #5 on: April 29, 2013, 08:46:55 PM »
Your shoe design reminds me of a pair of osiris I had back in high school, mine were white with red accents though. CCS sale, $20 ahh how I wish I still wore a 7.5 again, so many good sales for people with small feet.

Baby Gerber

• Rep: -54
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #6 on: April 29, 2013, 08:50:30 PM »

Made this the other day messin around hehehe
;)

SkateViolence

• Rep: 9
« Reply #7 on: April 29, 2013, 09:34:58 PM »
I used to do this all the time in middle/high school. haven't done it in years though. i'm stoked to see what people come up with.

Sandy Eggo

• Rep: 31
« Reply #8 on: April 29, 2013, 11:09:09 PM »
I dunno

something like that.

I Can't Think

« Reply #9 on: April 29, 2013, 11:11:11 PM »
Get hyped, so #perf  ;) ;D

Sk.A.T.A.N

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 694
  • aka Sk.A.N.Y.E.
« Reply #10 on: May 01, 2013, 04:19:04 AM »
my contribution:

when gravette joined C1RCA i drawn this:

Adidas

Supra

CONS (eli reed pro model)

hope you like it!  ;)
« Last Edit: May 01, 2013, 07:46:56 AM by Sk.A.T.A.N »

R.I.P RUSTY/FRIP

DeputyDoses

• Rep: 4
  • I look like Mel Gibson
« Reply #11 on: May 01, 2013, 09:18:28 AM »
I would actually buy those Adidas and CONS. Solid work, man!

While I'm not particularly fond of C1RCA, that actual design is really solid. I could see a shoe like that on the shelves for sure. And that grip pattern? GOD DAMN.

Sk.A.T.A.N

• SLAP Pal
  • aka Sk.A.N.Y.E.
« Reply #12 on: May 01, 2013, 09:46:26 AM »

While I'm not particularly fond of C1RCA, that actual design is really solid. I could see a shoe like that on the shelves for sure. And that grip pattern? GOD DAMN.

oh thanks man... i really like to draw skate shoes! These drawings must have 2 years or something like that...
it would be really dope if some company actualy use some of my ideas! when i have more time i'll do some more!

give me some ideas (like a specific brand, skater or style of shoe that you like) and i draw the kicks!  ;)

« Last Edit: May 01, 2013, 09:49:40 AM by Sk.A.T.A.N »

R.I.P RUSTY/FRIP

noone1234

• Rep: -36
« Reply #13 on: May 01, 2013, 10:07:38 AM »
can you please draw an accel, black with gum sole.

Sk.A.T.A.N

• SLAP Pal
  • aka Sk.A.N.Y.E.
« Reply #14 on: May 01, 2013, 10:21:35 AM »

the idea is to create new shoes, not draw the ones that already exist...

R.I.P RUSTY/FRIP

Will Easley

« Reply #15 on: May 01, 2013, 11:57:00 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

oh thanks man... i really like to draw skate shoes! These drawings must have 2 years or something like that...
it would be really dope if some company actualy use some of my ideas! when i have more time i'll do some more!

give me some ideas (like a specific brand, skater or style of shoe that you like) and i draw the kicks!  ;)

Those red adidas mids are sick I like what you did with the toe cap. All of em are good really. Really clean sketches too all the lines are super crisp. Makes me wanna step my game up lol

Sk.A.T.A.N

• SLAP Pal
  • aka Sk.A.N.Y.E.
« Reply #16 on: May 01, 2013, 12:13:09 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

Those red adidas mids are sick I like what you did with the toe cap. All of em are good really. Really clean sketches too all the lines are super crisp. Makes me wanna step my game up lol

thanks!  ;) i think you have the ideas. you just cant put then really well on the paper... i will try to draw the shoe like you said on the first post!

R.I.P RUSTY/FRIP

Cosme

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 507
« Reply #17 on: May 01, 2013, 12:34:15 PM »

Sk.A.T.A.N

• SLAP Pal
  • aka Sk.A.N.Y.E.
« Reply #18 on: May 01, 2013, 01:42:27 PM »

that's like a era hi! :o it should be a really awesome shoe to skate in! i've checked your other works an they are sick... really like your style of drawing! the next time i'll try to do a 3D draw aswell... it's more realistic!

R.I.P RUSTY/FRIP

dankradschwag

« Reply #19 on: May 01, 2013, 03:54:14 PM »
theres a lot more to designing shoes than what looks cool.

ZEBRA

« Reply #20 on: May 01, 2013, 05:09:26 PM »
theres a lot more to designing shoes than what looks cool.

Nooooooooo......really?!?!?!?!

my contribution:

when gravette joined C1RCA i drawn this:

Adidas

Supra

CONS (eli reed pro model)

hope you like it!  ;)

Awesome work!!! Very nice!!!

gaunting

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 186
« Reply #21 on: May 01, 2013, 11:14:50 PM »
Im not gonna bother drwaing just imagine the emerica mj1 with a vulc sole.
This has me cracking up, what exactly does Black Flag have to do with measuring your dick starting behind ya nuts?

Skateboarding is nothing but a game to find the right fits to appear like you're a proportional human being instead of a midget or a giant.

DeputyDoses

• Rep: 4
  • I look like Mel Gibson
« Reply #22 on: May 02, 2013, 12:07:56 AM »
Expand Quote
Im not gonna bother drwaing just imagine the emerica mj1 with a vulc sole.
[close]

Yes! Emerica should re-release them in a thinned out vulc model.
I would buy a pair or two. It's probably too early, but I want them to revamp the Herman 2s.

fulfillthedream

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 305
« Reply #23 on: May 02, 2013, 04:12:26 AM »
haha shit i really thought I was the only one who did this.. I just moved to China otherwise I'd dig up old notebooks I have from college.. I always  wanted a es square two/ circa maxson combo- low top cupsole with a one piece toe and hidden laces like those david gonzalez globes.
Skateboarding is like jacking-off, it's that good- Jeremy Klein

[

noone1234

• Rep: -36
« Reply #24 on: May 02, 2013, 10:20:05 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

the idea is to create new shoes, not draw the ones that already exist...

technically, the accel doesn't exist anymore....except on my bedroom floor :^)

Slartibartfast

• Rep: 1
« Reply #25 on: May 05, 2013, 03:26:14 AM »
I did this shoe for a footwear design competion, and I got a sholarship to this Pensole footwear design academy up in portland. Got to skate Burnside and listen to some NIke designers. Its a Vans stage four traced, cause my drawing is pretty weak.
This one I did in Portland. Its a slip on mid top cupsole, with a rubber patch on the toe. I Really focused on improved fit, with a snug booty like inside system. Dont mind the texture on the toepiece, its supposed to be embossed suede.I would love ti hear what you guys think about em

Sk.A.T.A.N

• SLAP Pal
  • aka Sk.A.N.Y.E.
« Reply #26 on: May 05, 2013, 06:43:55 AM »
I did this shoe for a footwear design competion, and I got a sholarship to this Pensole footwear design academy up in portland. Got to skate Burnside and listen to some NIke designers. Its a Vans stage four traced, cause my drawing is pretty weak. [image]

This one I did in Portland. Its a slip on mid top cupsole, with a rubber patch on the toe. I Really focused on improved fit, with a snug booty like inside system. Dont mind the texture on the toepiece, its supposed to be embossed suede. [image]

I would love ti hear what you guys think about em

the first one is really dope!  :o i really enjoy your ideas like the hidden lace holes... would wear with no doubt!  ;)

the second i like the concept but not so much the aspect... it look like a orthopedic shoe!

R.I.P RUSTY/FRIP

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 76
  • We're just 2 lo(b)s(t)ers sitting behind a screen
« Reply #27 on: May 05, 2013, 08:45:52 AM »

Impish sausage is definitely gonna blow up as a euphemism this year

I Can't Think

« Reply #28 on: May 05, 2013, 09:08:34 PM »
I did this shoe for a footwear design competion, and I got a sholarship to this Pensole footwear design academy up in portland. Got to skate Burnside and listen to some NIke designers. Its a Vans stage four traced, cause my drawing is pretty weak.

I would buy the living shit out of these.

Will Easley

« Reply #29 on: May 20, 2013, 03:23:47 AM »
My second attempt. I wanted to make a shoe that was similar to the dunk with alot of similar features you would find in a more tech shoe. I combined the dunk mid silhouette with the sole of the Supra Ellingtons with a real airbag & the toecap of the etnies Marana. I have contemplated  just giving it the basic dunk sole & taking off the marana toe cap but whatever thats something you can imagine on your own if you'd prefer a more simpler shoe. theres also a mesh tongue & inside sidewall similar to the g6's or reynolds as well as the swoosh being "fused" on like with the P-Rod 6's or Kostons.

« Last Edit: May 20, 2013, 03:25:51 AM by Will Easley »