Author Topic: Designing your own shoe  (Read 43718 times)

Sk.A.T.A.N

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 706
  • aka Sk.A.N.Y.E.
Re: Designing your own shoe
« Reply #360 on: July 20, 2016, 09:16:47 AM »
Another great design Sk.A.T.A.N!  Not necessarily my style shoe but a really well thought out shoe!  The only part I think I'd modify a bit is the achilles/collar area ... maybe a little more padded would make it feel better to me aesthetically, but definitely feel like at that height a little dip in the center to help prevent rubbing/blisters on the back of the achilles tendon?

Thanks coneklr!! Yeah, i totally get you're saying. That collar is inspired on the new crazylight boost '16, its some kind of stretchy material, similar to neoprene. Its not hard, and adapts to the achilles so i think blisters wouldnt be a problem!

Thanks sodajerk too! 😉

R.I.P RUSTY/FRIP

Sk.A.T.A.N

• SLAP Pal
  • aka Sk.A.N.Y.E.
« Reply #361 on: August 17, 2016, 06:37:42 PM »
Been kinda busy latelly and havent done that much stuff to post here unfortunately. So I'll will show you stuff that I dont know if it is to keep a secret or not but fuck it. (I'll not post them right here but you got the links to see them if you want).

In the past few weeks I got my first payment drawing shoes. I drew a mountain biking/outdoor shoe for some dude who saw my stuff at IG. Got 250 bucks for 2 days of work, I aint mad at all. They came out good too, since this is out of my confort zone. I just did the upper, the sole is his idea/concept/project. Fastest payment ever too.
http://i1375.photobucket.com/albums/ag474/miguelsk8/nex%202_zps73wsj7kr.jpg

I'm also working with a fairly new brazillian skate shoe brand, that is just starting, "Special Footwear" or just "SPEF".
A little intro clip by them:
¨PALHAÇADA 01¨ This is SPECIAL!
They got to talk with me and are really humble dudes so I thought "why not?!" and went with it since I got some free time right now.
They have one first model out that is kind of a experience but I already did a new one for them that is going to happen really really soon. I had to use the outsole they already have but i designed the upper, taking it back to those old school runners and old skate shoes era (as they requested). They will pay me with shoes for this first time then when they got more money the plan is to get actual cash! ahah
http://i1375.photobucket.com/albums/ag474/miguelsk8/SPECIAL%20vistas%20Detalhes_zpssjsx1ojs.jpg

Then last night I did this Emerica shoe, for fun. I was trying some different uppers for Spef and I liked this one but didnt liked it with their sole, so I just re-did it with Emerica branding, different running sole and a neoprene bootie. Came out better than I thought first.

Also, I'm waiting for approval in a big project with the Staple Pigeon brand right now, but I aint got the final response yet. Fingers cro$$ed!  8)
« Last Edit: August 17, 2016, 06:42:56 PM by Sk.A.T.A.N »

R.I.P RUSTY/FRIP

Sk.A.T.A.N

• SLAP Pal
  • aka Sk.A.N.Y.E.
« Reply #362 on: October 10, 2016, 04:30:34 PM »
So I heard that "The Boss" Reynolds is gonna work on a new Emerica shoe so I tried to make a new pro model for him and see if I can reach him.
See if you like them guys!  :)

Also a old design I re-did for the Huf Bledsoe and forgot to post here.

R.I.P RUSTY/FRIP

fangen

« Reply #363 on: October 10, 2016, 07:00:11 PM »

fangen

« Reply #364 on: October 10, 2016, 07:14:50 PM »
« Last Edit: October 22, 2016, 04:53:35 PM by fangen »

Sk.A.T.A.N

• SLAP Pal
  • aka Sk.A.N.Y.E.
« Reply #365 on: October 11, 2016, 12:01:47 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

That's a cool bird! Thank you! :)

R.I.P RUSTY/FRIP

Jordick

« Reply #366 on: December 18, 2016, 10:58:42 PM »
yeezy half cab. tried making the tongue look like kangaroo leather.

pointandclick

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 245
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #367 on: December 19, 2016, 12:14:41 PM »

ipath could have made that work in their hay-day.

Sk.A.T.A.N

• SLAP Pal
  • aka Sk.A.N.Y.E.
« Reply #368 on: December 19, 2016, 07:17:00 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]
ipath could have made that work in their hay-day.

Ipath was the first thing that popped to my mind too!

R.I.P RUSTY/FRIP

taylors_wift

• Rep: 1
« Reply #369 on: January 20, 2017, 02:14:42 PM »
First time posting, long time lurking!

1. adidas busenitz X 15.1. It's black and white because i used a highlighter to colour it and in real life it looks like a tennis ball.

2. Not skate related but it was fun to draw: nike mercurial huarache (mercuriache? Huarurial?). Would probably be a horrible soccer shoe.

I really like your stuff Sk.A.T.A.N! Psyched to see you getting to work on real projects!

Sk.A.T.A.N

• SLAP Pal
  • aka Sk.A.N.Y.E.
« Reply #370 on: January 21, 2017, 05:05:15 AM »
First time posting, long time lurking!

1. adidas busenitz X 15.1. It's black and white because i used a highlighter to colour it and in real life it looks like a tennis ball.

2. Not skate related but it was fun to draw: nike mercurial huarache (mercuriache? Huarurial?). Would probably be a horrible soccer shoe.

I really like your stuff Sk.A.T.A.N! Psyched to see you getting to work on real projects!

Thanks dude! The mercuriache are a little too wild to work I guess ahah, but the busenitz 15.1 could be interesting. The sock-like tongue/collar is always cool. ;)

R.I.P RUSTY/FRIP

Frosty178

• Rep: 6
« Reply #371 on: January 22, 2017, 04:06:41 AM »
Nah fuck that man, I'd definitely wear those football boots. Maybe add something to break up the toe area a bit, but that back half is sweet as.

taylors_wift

« Reply #372 on: January 24, 2017, 03:05:35 PM »
Since Footprint insoles footwears shoe looked like something you buy at a supermarket i sketched up something a little different!
It's pretty much a reebok club c 85 with some adjustments. Feel free to add some colour to it!

Sk.A.T.A.N

• SLAP Pal
  • aka Sk.A.N.Y.E.
« Reply #373 on: January 24, 2017, 05:59:27 PM »
Since Footprint insoles footwears shoe looked like something you buy at a supermarket i sketched up something a little different!
It's pretty much a reebok club c 85 with some adjustments. Feel free to add some colour to it!

Do you use an pencil or go straight marker? The proportions are pretty good but yeah they are really close to the Reebok design wise. Actually one of my favourite Reebok silhouettes and looks so skateable!

R.I.P RUSTY/FRIP

taylors_wift

« Reply #374 on: January 25, 2017, 02:03:43 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Do you use an pencil or go straight marker? The proportions are pretty good but yeah they are really close to the Reebok design wise. Actually one of my favourite Reebok silhouettes and looks so skateable!
I start out with a pencil. What materials do you use?

Sk.A.T.A.N

• SLAP Pal
  • aka Sk.A.N.Y.E.
« Reply #375 on: January 25, 2017, 12:55:04 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]
I start out with a pencil. What materials do you use?

I use pencil to start, then do the outlines with microns. For coloring I use whatercolor pencils, then I use a brush to blend the colors better. I'll give some volume with the pencil again and highlight some parts with a white ink pen to finish it.

R.I.P RUSTY/FRIP

taylors_wift

« Reply #376 on: February 06, 2017, 03:49:59 PM »
http://imgur.com/a/wu2g2
Finland turns 100 this year!
« Last Edit: February 06, 2017, 04:27:14 PM by taylors_wift »