Author Topic: Ave and Dill quit Alien?  (Read 214689 times)

micky682

Re: Ave and Dill quit Alien?
« Reply #30 on: May 01, 2013, 02:37:44 PM »
I'm actually very excited about what's to come.

lalala

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 13
« Reply #31 on: May 01, 2013, 02:38:15 PM »
The sickest skate team isn't the sickest anymore.

gripping the dick like a church girl giving her first hand job
head of the dick gonna be purple like my uncles face when he hung himself

sultsult

• Rep: -12
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #32 on: May 01, 2013, 02:38:40 PM »
new team w/dylan, austyn and donovan p?

heckler

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 475
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #33 on: May 01, 2013, 02:39:58 PM »
I feel like this is the first blow against the bigger companies, and marks a definitive shift towards much smaller companies. Crazy to think about.

as long as the rest of the team stays im ok with this. i just the whole blueprint situation goes down. i would cry...
I doubt very many people will stay. Dylan, Jake, and Omar will probably jump ship in a week or two, I heard Grant's already doing something else, and I could imagine Gilbert and John leaving because of the Vans connection. That leaves three or four people on the team.
Ha SLAP's resident libtard and NY pro cocksucker.

Phil

• Rep: -48
« Reply #34 on: May 01, 2013, 02:48:06 PM »
Mikey Taylor aint going no where.

chockfullofthat

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 176
« Reply #35 on: May 01, 2013, 02:48:35 PM »
Boy, am I glad I didn't get that alien head tear drop tattoo now.

Aatila

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -305
« Reply #36 on: May 01, 2013, 02:50:07 PM »
Mikey Taylor aint going no where.
bwahaha aint no one checking for that dude i forget hes on workshop

White Owl

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 10
« Reply #37 on: May 01, 2013, 02:50:36 PM »
wait why would they quit in the middle of filming the vans video? the timing seems so regular

natenola forever

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 119
« Reply #38 on: May 01, 2013, 02:51:04 PM »
I feel like this is the first blow against the bigger companies, and marks a definitive shift towards much smaller companies. Crazy to think about.

Expand Quote
as long as the rest of the team stays im ok with this. i just the whole blueprint situation goes down. i would cry...
[close]
I doubt very many people will stay. Dylan, Jake, and Omar will probably jump ship in a week or two, I heard Grant's already doing something else, and I could imagine Gilbert and John leaving because of the Vans connection. That leaves three or four people on the team.

Did i miss something here? 2 dudes quit Alien Workshop why the fuck would the rest of the team leave? if anything it would free up more money for the rest of those dudes to do stuff. It will also give everyone else on the team a lot more coverage as their would be less pros on the company. This won't be anything like the Blueprint thing seeing as Carter and Hill are still doing the company, Workshop was Workshop when Dill and Ave were riding for 23. The reason Blueprint changed is Dan MAgee quit like a year before the rest of Paul Sheir and them quitting, he was the one that developed the whole feel and aesthetic of Blueprint. Truthfully most of the team could quit and those dudes would find new people to keep the Workshop alive.

lamethomas

« Reply #39 on: May 01, 2013, 02:53:16 PM »
Lil Wayne easily makes up for both of them leaving

boyan

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 70
« Reply #40 on: May 01, 2013, 02:53:57 PM »
I think the whole Alien team is pretty skilled, but as far as I was concerned, AWS was AVE & Dill

Mykill

• Rep: 0
« Reply #41 on: May 01, 2013, 02:55:34 PM »
Just heard from Mike York on Vine. Looks like they are joining the new Blueprint squad. "confirmed"

Deekay

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 125
« Reply #42 on: May 01, 2013, 02:57:21 PM »
Woah this is fucked, that dude who was ranting about how they were leaving because of the socal move/lame new corporate changes and  might have been right all along. I hope they actually are starting a company, and I hope they bring dylan and jake with them.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2013, 03:01:13 PM by Deekay »

few123456789

• Rep: -87
« Reply #43 on: May 01, 2013, 02:58:15 PM »
As much as I dislike Dyrdek, I say good riddance.  They were both personally dicks to others for no reason that rarely skated anymore until recently.  I just hope Grant and some others don't leave too.

Is anyone surprised by the way?  Look how the brand is repped now vs. then.  And it's only going more kookish.

Lance

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 581
« Reply #44 on: May 01, 2013, 02:59:53 PM »
I'll bet at least 2 more leave soon.  DNA Distro. is not what it once was. 
Anyone else notice that Tony Parker is the Gino of basketball?

brycickle

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 153
« Reply #45 on: May 01, 2013, 03:01:48 PM »
Expand Quote

Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

Did i miss something here? 2 dudes quit Alien Workshop why the fuck would the rest of the team leave? if anything it would free up more money for the rest of those dudes to do stuff. It will also give everyone else on the team a lot more coverage as their would be less pros on the company. This won't be anything like the Blueprint thing seeing as Carter and Hill are still doing the company, Workshop was Workshop when Dill and Ave were riding for 23. The reason Blueprint changed is Dan MAgee quit like a year before the rest of Paul Sheir and them quitting, he was the one that developed the whole feel and aesthetic of Blueprint. Truthfully most of the team could quit and those dudes would find new people to keep the Workshop alive.
Templeton might have some insight on this phenomenon.

You and the D00D have turned this thread into a horrible head-on-collision between a short bus full of regular kids and a van full of paraplegics.

DillAndKalis

• Rep: -1
« Reply #46 on: May 01, 2013, 03:05:29 PM »
Just wanted to add to the speculation. I'm a huge fan of both guys and am a little upset to hear this news. I'm wondering what the possibilities here are:

Retirement? Seems unlikely, they're both in the middle of filming video parts for vans, and they'll probably sell a bunch after the vid drops.

Their own board company? Seems the most likely to me.

Fucking Awesome skateboards?

Supreme pro models?

Moving to another team? Seems impossible.

Aatila

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #47 on: May 01, 2013, 03:08:03 PM »
i could see them both just being finished as it thats it.  I mean shit dill aint filming nothing else after the vans video.  Dill if anything will focus on design shit and ave could be a TM but hell who knows

natenola forever

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 119
« Reply #48 on: May 01, 2013, 03:10:34 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

[close]
Templeton might have some insight on this phenomenon.
well Templeton lost most of his team cuz they were all homies and some of the most popular pros at the time, probably all getting underpaid by Tum Yeto. I'm sure Workshop probably pays better than most companies besides really blown out companies like Element and Plan B, i doubt Jason Dill will be repping Element anytime soon. But besides the point Toy Machine was still Toy Machine after that departure.

stephendedalus

• Rep: 58
« Reply #49 on: May 01, 2013, 03:11:48 PM »

^Something close to this is my guess.

Damn, surprised to see some people on here are seriously counting them out. Dill's been on a tear lately and do we really have a reason to question AVE's productivity?

Aatila

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #50 on: May 01, 2013, 03:13:41 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Damn, surprised to see some people on here are seriously counting them out. Dill's been on a tear lately and do we really have a reason to question AVE's productivity?
How long can you seriously reinvent yourself

MrMello

• Rep: 8
« Reply #51 on: May 01, 2013, 03:14:18 PM »
I could see them on krooked.
Haha but that would actually be sick.

awinterssleep

• Rep: 1
« Reply #52 on: May 01, 2013, 03:16:28 PM »
D AVE Skateboards

Ollie Ringwald

• Rep: -3
« Reply #53 on: May 01, 2013, 03:16:59 PM »
I'll bet at least 2 more leave soon.?  DNA Distro. is not what it once was.? 

This is pure speculation and I've always been into the guys skating and video making but it seems like DNA's downfall coincided with Greg Hunt starting there.

Anyway, I can't see these two joining any existing company (Dill must have talked shit about most of them) so I guess they're starting something up.

Joust Ostrich

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 662
  • Speculatnaciousness?
« Reply #54 on: May 01, 2013, 03:17:21 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
step 1

Srep 38

At least 38 times worth.
I'm posting from my blackberry wtf?!?!?

GAY

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 3289
  • Those that SLAP, can't.
« Reply #55 on: May 01, 2013, 03:17:39 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Just look at Madonna and her pro skateboarding career.

CossRooper

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 139
  • What are you up to, drawing leafs?
    • timecube avatar image
« Reply #56 on: May 01, 2013, 03:20:06 PM »
This is the worst news in a while. Wow.

Thelonious P

• Rep: -12
  • BracknellMassif
« Reply #57 on: May 01, 2013, 03:29:48 PM »
Jason Dill AWS Mind Field (clean quality) this was the best shit ever to me when i first saw it, damn

lucidreamer

• Rep: -9
« Reply #58 on: May 01, 2013, 03:31:37 PM »

Fongstarr.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 311
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #59 on: May 01, 2013, 03:37:20 PM »
Wonder if AVE and Dill going the Deathwish route and starting a new company. Makes sense. Might as well start and do exactly how you imagine your skate company to be. They sure have a strong opinion on the skate community and will just do it their way.
I'll fuckin
I'll fuckin
sew your asshole closed, and keep feedin you
and feedin you, and feedin you, and feedin you!