Author Topic: Ave and Dill quit Alien?  (Read 214686 times)

Affirmative Axion

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 12
Re: Ave and Dill quit Alien?
« Reply #660 on: July 04, 2013, 04:36:08 PM »
From AVE's instagram...expect something soon in the mags if it doesn't hit here first.

we're off to one hell of a start.. #Debt it's the American way...

zoltan

« Reply #661 on: July 04, 2013, 04:40:04 PM »
From AVE's instagram...expect something soon in the mags if it doesn't hit here first.

we're off to one hell of a start.. #Debt it's the American way...

its that stupid ad of dill and ave as kids. implying their new team is a bunch of little kids

Deekay

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 125
« Reply #662 on: July 04, 2013, 05:07:35 PM »
Expand Quote
If Toy doesn't do anything with Tyshawn Jones then Ave and Dill should hook him up. That kid has mad potential and I could see him really blowing up within the next few years.
[close]
Tyshawn is fucking killer. Watching that kid cruise around L.E.S is both impressive and intimidating that someone that young is already so consistent. Him and Kevin Bradley are gonna be ones to look out for in the future.

I was in nyc last summer and I saw him at that park, goddamn he ripped. Doesnt have that kidstyle either

Nigga

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 5
  • PHILA
« Reply #663 on: July 04, 2013, 05:37:40 PM »
Expand Quote
If Toy doesn't do anything with Tyshawn Jones then Ave and Dill should hook him up. That kid has mad potential and I could see him really blowing up within the next few years.
[close]
Tyshawn is fucking killer. Watching that kid cruise around L.E.S is both impressive and intimidating that someone that young is already so consistent. Him and Kevin Bradley are gonna be ones to look out for in the future.

and Nakel Smith, kid has style for days. They all hang out too. when Illegal Civilization 2 drops, these 3 kids are gonna be the topic of conversation for a while.

dillanharp

« Reply #664 on: July 04, 2013, 05:40:22 PM »
Looks like Dill and Ave need to pay their god damn bills.

KOOL MIKE

« Reply #665 on: July 05, 2013, 01:43:55 PM »
does any one else think fucking awesome is on some little kid shit?? ..... 'fucking awesome' are you for real?, shits just embarrassing

ratherwatch

« Reply #666 on: July 05, 2013, 01:56:22 PM »
Following narcissists on instagram in order to decry their narcissism seems like one of those philosophical quandaries you shouldn't do.

Barry Dingle

• Rep: 46
« Reply #667 on: July 06, 2013, 02:40:48 AM »
Expand Quote
Onto more important business:

Plz photoshop away
[close]

I thought this had some potential. No takers thus far.

was browsing through the"whatever" section, myspace/livejournal thread, got inspired

paint skillz 5/10
« Last Edit: July 06, 2013, 02:42:32 AM by Barry Dingle »

garrett hill - welcome to threat

mattofallmatts

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -110
  • "I will not skateboard in the halls"
« Reply #668 on: July 06, 2013, 01:46:43 PM »
Looks like Dill and Ave need to pay their god damn bills.

Credit/debt and 30 day net are pretty much the way most businesses work.

sexualhelon

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 19
  • I'm an ardent supporter of futile causes.
    • Lurkaround avatar image
« Reply #669 on: July 06, 2013, 02:24:28 PM »
Ugh. So they really are using "fucking awesome" and turning it into a board company. I guess it suits Dill but AVE...not so much.

AVE was a bit of a dickhead the one time I met him at the Pretty Sweet premiere. Dylan, Ave, and their girlfriends were sitting in front of me and when they sat down I said what's up. I'd seen AVE skating this spot outside of Good Luck Bar - trying to 50-50 a bump to fence- while I was sitting at a red light the day before and asked him if he got it. He sort of mumbled something back about how he didn't know what I was talking about then said he lived in a tent that was next to that empty parking lot. I told him I would have expected Vans to pay better than that.

Deekay

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 125
« Reply #670 on: July 06, 2013, 04:41:57 PM »
Ugh. So they really are using "fucking awesome" and turning it into a board company. I guess it suits Dill but AVE...not so much.

AVE was a bit of a dickhead the one time I met him at the Pretty Sweet premiere. Dylan, Ave, and their girlfriends were sitting in front of me and when they sat down I said what's up. I'd seen AVE skating this spot outside of Good Luck Bar - trying to 50-50 a bump to fence- while I was sitting at a red light the day before and asked him if he got it. He sort of mumbled something back about how he didn't know what I was talking about then said he lived in a tent that was next to that empty parking lot. I told him I would have expected Vans to pay better than that.

Tuna

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 224
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #671 on: July 06, 2013, 11:18:11 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

The tent next to the parking lot bit seems to imply, to me at least, that he'd been trying that trick for a while and he feels as though he lives there.

KOOL MIKE

« Reply #672 on: July 07, 2013, 12:27:35 AM »
Nah thats just being a dick, now someone can say 'he has to put up with kids saying shit to him everyday' and than i will say' yeah, fair enough'

sharkmango

• Rep: -10
« Reply #673 on: July 07, 2013, 07:16:38 PM »
and then I'll say "yeah but the kids are the ones who pay AVE's bills!" and then he'll say "yeah, it's fucking awesome!"

and then SLAP message boards will disappear for good.

LESBIAN

• Rep: -2
« Reply #674 on: July 07, 2013, 07:43:56 PM »
lol AVE did not have a girlfriend

Rumpleforeskin

« Reply #675 on: July 07, 2013, 10:33:32 PM »
Their first video should be a reference to the World classic "Two World Industries Men" they could call it "Two Fucking Awesome Crackheads"

Greg Road

« Reply #676 on: July 07, 2013, 11:46:00 PM »
They should just like, do something already

annoyedwithskating

« Reply #677 on: July 08, 2013, 09:52:18 AM »
Fucking awesome is fucking stupid. Are these guys serious? How many moms are going to buy their 12 year old a fucking awesome board? how many older skaters are going to support this corny shit? Fucking awesome is going to go fucking bankrupt. Dummies.

S.E.

« Reply #678 on: July 08, 2013, 10:36:32 AM »
Fucking awesome is fucking stupid. Are these guys serious? How many moms are going to buy their 12 year old a fucking awesome board? how many older skaters are going to support this corny shit? Fucking awesome is going to go fucking bankrupt. Dummies.
i think thats the point......its geared toward everyone but 12 year olds.  remember the wet willy shit? he basically explained the montra for their whole company...

Will Easley

« Reply #679 on: July 08, 2013, 10:45:06 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]
i think thats the point......its geared toward everyone but 12 year olds.  remember the wet willy shit? he basically explained the montra for their whole company...

yeah because im sure a bunch of grown ass men want to be wearing those all-over print FUCKING AWESOME T-shirts & hoodies. I think they blew it with the name honestly, and its looking like they might've bit off more than they can chew with starting this company. id assume theyll figure it out eventually & get back on track, but Dill & Ave are not Carroll & Howard. even if its a "grass roots" skate company its still a BUSINESS venture that requires the smarts & hard work to even have a chance to be successful. All they really got going for them is their names & the buzz around them quitting alien. they're gonna be in for some hard lessons in the early goings for sure.

Laban Fetus

« Reply #680 on: July 08, 2013, 10:50:33 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

yeah because im sure a bunch of grown ass men want to be wearing those all-over print FUCKING AWESOME T-shirts & hoodies. I think they blew it with the name honestly, and its looking like they might've bit off more than they can chew with starting this company. id assume theyll figure it out eventually & get back on track, but Dill & Ave are not Carroll & Howard. even if its a "grass roots" skate company its still a BUSINESS venture that requires the smarts & hard work to even have a chance to be successful. All they really got going for them is their names & the buzz around them quitting alien. they're gonna be in for some hard lessons in the early goings for sure.
I wouldn't go that far. Fucking Awesome already has a huge following with the Odd Future/Fairfax crowd and celebs like Lil Wayne and more have rocked them in photo shoots. They've got the fashion world playing into it so a Palace 2.0 deal seems likely. They'll make a bunch of exclusive items and people will cling to it like flys to shit patties.

Will Easley

« Reply #681 on: July 08, 2013, 10:57:34 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

[close]
I wouldn't go that far. Fucking Awesome already has a huge following with the Odd Future/Fairfax crowd and celebs like Lil Wayne and more have rocked them in photo shoots. They've got the fashion world playing into it so a Palace 2.0 deal seems likely. They'll make a bunch of exclusive items and people will cling to it like flys to shit patties.

Once most of their income starts coming from hypebeast hipsters & people who jock the skateboarding "lifestyle" look, theyll start catering more & more to that audience to the point where they'll just be another "upriver" trendy skate company. I aint like some huge fan of these guys but I was hoping for a more grimey, mature type of brand that could bring something new to the game, as opposed to them being just another hipster company.

Fongstarr.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 311
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #682 on: July 08, 2013, 11:19:34 AM »
Fucking Awesome has a huge following? I don't know about that. I know they have been around but I swear that company wasn't doing shit for a long time. Even the HUF store in SF tried to push that brand and I don't think no one gave a shit about them. I mean I am sure they do have their fellow people that support them but I don't think it is enough keep afloat or make tons of money anyways.
I'll fuckin
I'll fuckin
sew your asshole closed, and keep feedin you
and feedin you, and feedin you, and feedin you!

skate361

« Reply #683 on: July 08, 2013, 11:37:22 AM »
Hypebeasts and skaters love Dill so money shouldn't be a problem for them
« Last Edit: July 08, 2013, 11:39:21 AM by skate »

Rumpleforeskin

« Reply #684 on: July 08, 2013, 01:58:33 PM »
What exactly is Fairfax?

JPCanada

• Rep: 0
« Reply #685 on: July 08, 2013, 02:01:41 PM »

Hatechild

« Reply #686 on: July 08, 2013, 04:07:49 PM »
I wish them the best but I still can't comprehend how these 2 knuckle heads quit Alien Workshop without a business plan.

Affirmative Axion

• Rep: 12
« Reply #687 on: July 08, 2013, 04:44:41 PM »
Expand Quote
What exactly is Fairfax?
[close]

A street

It is the street on which Supreme, Odd Future, Diamond, et al have shops.

They're all relatively close together amongst Jewish-oriented establishments and other hype brand stores.

oyolar

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 380
« Reply #688 on: July 08, 2013, 04:48:10 PM »
Fucking Awesome has a huge following? I don't know about that. I know they have been around but I swear that company wasn't doing shit for a long time. Even the HUF store in SF tried to push that brand and I don't think no one gave a shit about them. I mean I am sure they do have their fellow people that support them but I don't think it is enough keep afloat or make tons of money anyways.

When it was just a streetwear brand and Dill was drugged out/not skating, I think they only released stuff randomly versus season after season.  Maybe that sporadic nature is why it never caught on?

Fake Tits

« Reply #689 on: July 08, 2013, 05:10:11 PM »
I wish them the best but I still can't comprehend how these 2 knuckle heads quit Alien Workshop without a business plan.

This.

BUT aren't they both on the wagon and have been for a while?  That kinda helps.