Author Topic: Low Profile Mid Top?  (Read 1585 times)

micky682

Low Profile Mid Top?
« on: May 10, 2013, 05:06:33 AM »
Does anybody have suggestions for a good mid top that isn't too flashy or Sky Top looking. Currently skating the Reynolds and they're amazing, but I'm too short which ends up with my jeans and pants kinda sagging. Any mid top that I can put my pants over thats also low profile? Can't skate low tops any more, my ankles are too fucked.

UserFame

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -159
Re: Low Profile Mid Top?
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2013, 08:17:15 AM »
vans stage 4 mid

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Conan

« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2013, 09:26:32 AM »
Half cabs everytime

dillanharp

« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2013, 09:39:14 AM »

DeputyDoses

• Rep: 4
  • I look like Mel Gibson
« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2013, 10:24:04 AM »
Half cabs with better insoles. They're padded enough and high enough that you'll more feel secure, but low enough and flexible enough that you still have an adequate range of motion with your ankles.

Ripped Laces

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 9
  • Dude, this is america. There are idiots everywhere
    • Ripped Laces = Shoe reviews, product reviews & more avatar image
« Reply #5 on: May 10, 2013, 10:24:38 AM »

McCly

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -12

micky682

« Reply #7 on: May 10, 2013, 01:23:15 PM »

solo

• Rep: -23
  • skateboarding
« Reply #8 on: May 10, 2013, 01:51:32 PM »
Half Cab Lite.

Found a pair on sale for $40 and skated the gnar out of them... They're good shoes, but only last a week or two without the goe-shoe.

Will Easley

« Reply #9 on: May 10, 2013, 05:47:36 PM »
Damn, it's that good? How's the impact and support?

take a guess

if your problem is getting your pants over your shoes just wear bigger pants. but if you truly are looking for a "low-profile" mid top, id say go with some half cabs. I haven't tried the Lakai but half cabs have some of the better stock insoles so id go with those. still, id prolly just keep wearing the reynolds if support is your main concern.

zoltan

« Reply #10 on: May 11, 2013, 12:04:47 AM »
Cons cts mid or skate high. both protect the ankle and pants easily go over

MacYoCoffee

« Reply #11 on: May 11, 2013, 10:36:19 AM »
Expand Quote

- lace protectors
- the insole doesn't compress

I've had two pairs, and the only reason I tossed them is because the sole wore through.

Jake

• Rep: -33
« Reply #12 on: May 11, 2013, 02:48:11 PM »
Jesus how tight are your pants that they cant go around the edge of the shoe? It isnt a moon boot haha, the shoe isnt that thick.

micky682

« Reply #13 on: May 11, 2013, 03:44:25 PM »
Jesus how tight are your pants that they cant go around the edge of the shoe? It isnt a moon boot haha, the shoe isnt that thick.
Nah I wear slim to loose pants, I'm just pretty small so they end up looking pretty swooshy, 2003-like.

sleepypancakes

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 228
  • Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #14 on: May 11, 2013, 09:58:58 PM »
I would highly suggest these if you can manage to find them anywhere.

escapistfool

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 6
« Reply #15 on: May 11, 2013, 11:38:47 PM »

DeputyDoses

• Rep: 4
  • I look like Mel Gibson
« Reply #16 on: May 12, 2013, 02:25:45 PM »
The Emerica Hsu is one of my favorite low profile mid tops. They reissued them a few seasons back and they're still in rotation each season now, the retail price just increased a bit -- they're maybe $70-$75 retail now, but they're easy to find on sale.

I Can't Think

• Rep: 31
« Reply #17 on: May 12, 2013, 03:51:55 PM »
DVS T-Puds and I'm not even shitting you, they were actually very good, at least when I skated them which was maybe 2 years ago. Tyler Bledsoes shoe on etnies is another good example. I recently got some of Kerry Getz new Habitat shoe, which I really like. They sit just below the ankle, and are well padded in all the right places. Soles are a lil stiff at first, but I love the design. Toe is like a dunk with stitching details  but pointer, love it.

Not my pic but gets the point across.

Justis

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 242
  • illinoying
« Reply #18 on: May 13, 2013, 05:44:09 AM »
Half Cab Lite.

Found a pair on sale for $40 and skated the gnar out of them... They're good shoes, but only last a week or two without the goe-shoe.
this pissed me off so much,i was all like," this is the best shoe ive ever skated". then two days later they were done

finknoos

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -170
  • Typos here there and everywhere
« Reply #19 on: May 13, 2013, 06:22:59 AM »
It might be a bit late as gravis is prety much out of the game, but these are a great low profile mid...
Arto mids

heritage

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 98
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
« Reply #20 on: May 13, 2013, 06:51:33 AM »
I skate similar styles of shoes (low profile, thin mids) specifically for the ankle support and I've found that I don't need a super bulky, padded shoe to protect my ankles. You really only need minimal padding to provide you the lateral support you need. The iPath West Wing, iPath Ashbury, Campus Mid, Nike Dunk Mid, Nike Hybred shoe are all solid choices. As an aside, people can say whatever they want about iPath, but I can't think of a shoe manu that currently has a better insole.

But keep in mind with any minimalist shoe they're obviously going to wear quicker, so there's a tradeoff. Just be realistic about your expectations.