Author Topic: Download all the vids  (Read 133853 times)

CossRooper

• Rep: -32
Re: Download all the vids
« Reply #450 on: March 10, 2014, 10:43:55 PM »
Thanks for looking, I believe we could make our own and use pirate bay to upload/host the torrent.
Everyone just has to start using the same one I suppose

This is where uTorrent comes in handy, because it can act as your own private tracker.

You?ll need a few things before you begin:

1. A recent copy of uTorrent. Use the latest version, there?s no excuse not to use it.

2. Your external IP address. You can use http://www.whatismyipaddress.com to find this.

3. Your listen port in uTorrent. You can find this in uTorrent?s Options > Preferences > Connection > Port used for incoming connections.

4. You must be connectable! This won?t work if you don?t have port forwarding correctly configured.

Here?s what you need to do:

Open up uTorrent and go Options > Preferences > Advanced. Scroll down to find bt.enable_tracker and set it to True. Restart uTorrent for this to take effect.

Now, create a new torrent. As usual, browse to find the file or folder you wish to share.

For the tracker url, use the following information:

http://your_ip_address:your_listen_port/announce

So, for example, if your IP address is 123.123.123.123 and your listen port is 54321 then you would put this as your tracker url:

http://123.123.123.123:54321/announce

Remember to tick ?Start Seeding?. Tick ?Private Torrent? to disable DHT and Peer Exchange for this torrent if you want to.

Now press ?Create and save as..? and save the .torrent file somewhere. uTorrent should now connect (to itself) and the tracker status should be ?working?. You?ll note it has a 10 minute announce interval.

That?s all there is to it. You can now send that .torrent file to someone, they can open it in their torrent client and start downloading the content.

Want something more fancy than an IP address? Get yourself a domain name from somewhere like http://www.dyndns.com/services/dns/dyndns/ or from http://www.afraid.org.

Troubleshooting: If the connect times out and can?t find the tracker, you?ve done something wrong. Ensure you?ve got the correct IP address, port, and that uTorrent is definitely connectable from the outside. You can run uTorrent?s test for that by going to Options > Speed Guide and clicking Test if port is forwarded properly. Also, ensure you have a colon separating the IP address and port number!

http://filesharefreak.com/tutorials/utorrent-make-your-own-bittorrent-tracker

That's a pretty dangerous approach, as most US ISP's change your IP periodically. It's much safer to use a few long-standing trackers. Between that and peer exchange, we'd be good. These are reliable ones:

udp://tracker.openbittorrent.com:80
udp://tracker.istole.it:80
udp://tracker.ccc.de:80
udp://tracker.publicbt.com:80

However, I'm prettty skeptical about throwing these up as torrents. I feel like Mega is more reliable than a bunch of dudes on a forum, at least in the short term. Someone really has to leave their comp on 24/7 for quite a long time to transfer a 4GB file, and to do it at a reasonable speed (so that it finishes in less than 3 days) obliterates most home connections. If we had 200 people active in the thread and willing to seed, it'd be a different story. With 1 or 2 people seeding each file at a time it'd be really easy to see how torrents could be completely undownloadable during some hours. Not to mention orphaned when the file is a few pages back in 3 weeks.

Bottom line, i don't think we have the participation or the incentive to try and do this with torrents. I'm aware that mega could go down tomorrow and we'd lose everything, but at least until then we can spread and preserve these iso's in the quickest, most reliable way possible and try and rebuild/reupload to something else from everyone's collections if something ever happens.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2014, 10:45:35 PM by CossRooper »
http://www.youtube.com/user/footagedump - Fragmented web clips/episodes edited into full length movies. OIAM, Crailtap, etc

Jared

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 57
  • Die Slow
« Reply #451 on: March 11, 2014, 05:05:22 PM »
Does anyone know of a site that has St. Losers for sale? haven't been able to find it anywhere...

harrison ford invented the first car, in America

KoRnholio8

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 472
  • SkateMagArchive
    • SkateMagArchive
« Reply #452 on: March 13, 2014, 02:43:05 PM »
So here's a crazy idea that might just work: Google Drive just got a major price cut and you can get 1TB of space for 10$ per month with no bandwidth limit. With this data plan I could upload almost my whole collection permanently!

Since I'm broke, I would ask anyone interested in this, to click ads on my skate mag blog daily and all the expenses could be covered pretty quick. No torrents, no mega - sounds too good to be true, but it's not.

Iceman

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 384
« Reply #453 on: March 13, 2014, 04:46:10 PM »
the google drive idea sounds pretty good, but i'm wondering if they scan everything you upload with the same algorithm they use for ad placement on youtube. if so, i could see them issuing warnings of account suspension if it continued.

KoRnholio8

• SLAP Pal
  • SkateMagArchive
    • SkateMagArchive
« Reply #454 on: March 14, 2014, 01:50:31 AM »
Your reservations are valid. Here's my experience:
1. I've shared many recent rips through google drive for a small circle of friends and never got into trouble - there is no automatic content scan as there is for Youtube (dropbox, however, does have that implemented).
2. One time a link got shared with a third party who was dumb enough to post it on the skateboard mag website and the company requested takedown of the video from google, who then requested it from me.
3. These rips will all be old and not for sale any more. What is more, most of them will be ISO images, which google can't scan.
4. I will start a "pilot program" with the free space that I have now. Then I will probably move to the 100GB plan, which is 2$ per month. When I fill that up and get no grief from google, I will move on to 1TB.

KoRnholio8

• SLAP Pal
  • SkateMagArchive
    • SkateMagArchive
« Reply #455 on: March 14, 2014, 01:07:57 PM »
And so it begins (I got 100GB for now, help me raise funds for 1TB): https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B95j6xazxDz7akx4MlFyeXVSVjg&usp=drive_web

I'm adding videos all the time, so bookmark it or add it to your Drive.

jon schmoldt

« Reply #456 on: March 14, 2014, 02:30:39 PM »
does anyone have a link to stee??

KoRnholio8

• SLAP Pal
  • SkateMagArchive
    • SkateMagArchive
« Reply #457 on: March 14, 2014, 02:54:26 PM »
does anyone have a link to stee??

still for sale from sk8mafia

CossRooper

« Reply #458 on: March 14, 2014, 05:27:33 PM »
And so it begins (I got 100GB for now, help me raise funds for 1TB): https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B95j6xazxDz7akx4MlFyeXVSVjg&usp=drive_web

Man, that is amazing.

Suggestions:

-Is there any way you can make drives collaborative so a few people can add stuff to the pool? I'd love to add what I have to speed things up.

-Regardless of Google's scanning policies, you probably shouldn't use your personal Google account with your real name attached to it. I wouldn't, at least.
http://www.youtube.com/user/footagedump - Fragmented web clips/episodes edited into full length movies. OIAM, Crailtap, etc

KoRnholio8

• SLAP Pal
  • SkateMagArchive
    • SkateMagArchive
« Reply #459 on: March 15, 2014, 04:22:29 AM »

Man, that is amazing.

Suggestions:

-Is there any way you can make drives collaborative so a few people can add stuff to the pool? I'd love to add what I have to speed things up.

-Regardless of Google's scanning policies, you probably shouldn't use your personal Google account with your real name attached to it. I wouldn't, at least.

I understand the issue with associating my name with the link, but then again, you need to pay for the extra storage somehow and that will always point to a real person. I'm just going to play it safe and upload really old stuff to see how it goes. If I make you a collaborator, will these files be uploaded to my account (and take up storage)? If not, a folder like this could be shared across hundreds of users, each contributing a small piece of their free space.

CossRooper

« Reply #460 on: March 17, 2014, 12:12:47 AM »
I understand the issue with associating my name with the link, but then again, you need to pay for the extra storage somehow and that will always point to a real person. I'm just going to play it safe and upload really old stuff to see how it goes.

Gotcha. Makes sense.

If I make you a collaborator, will these files be uploaded to my account (and take up storage)? If not, a folder like this could be shared across hundreds of users, each contributing a small piece of their free space.

I have no idea what'll happen. Want to add my secondary google account as a collaborator and try it out? trillianmartin (at) gmail (dot) com

KoRnholio8

• SLAP Pal
  • SkateMagArchive
    • SkateMagArchive
« Reply #461 on: March 17, 2014, 01:06:20 AM »
Ok, lets see what is possible with collaboration. :)

skateohio

• Rep: 18
« Reply #462 on: March 17, 2014, 08:59:31 AM »
If you'd like to add my gmail account as well I'll do the same! Thanks for taking the initiative korn

EDIT:
Tried to upload LOTM.iso a few times now to the drive account, run it over night, come home from work the next day, and it's still only at 40%.

Not sure if what the deal is . . . when I was uploading videos to mega it would be done by the time I'd wake up if did the same thing. Uploading ties up my internet too it's kinda ridiculous to go 2 days without using it just to upload a video. Any suggestions?
« Last Edit: March 24, 2014, 03:56:11 PM by skateohio »

KoRnholio8

• SLAP Pal
  • SkateMagArchive
    • SkateMagArchive
« Reply #464 on: April 21, 2014, 07:21:12 AM »
If you'd like to add my gmail account as well I'll do the same! Thanks for taking the initiative korn

EDIT:
Tried to upload LOTM.iso a few times now to the drive account, run it over night, come home from work the next day, and it's still only at 40%.

Not sure if what the deal is . . . when I was uploading videos to mega it would be done by the time I'd wake up if did the same thing. Uploading ties up my internet too it's kinda ridiculous to go 2 days without using it just to upload a video. Any suggestions?

seems wierd, Google Drive is a bit slower to upload, but not that much. maybe try with a smaller file as a test first

snowman600

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 410
« Reply #465 on: May 12, 2014, 07:11:04 PM »
fuck. It's been a year and a half since Perpetual Motion's release and I still haven't seen Josh Matthews' part...link anyone?

peacepappies

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -60
  • tae-tae
« Reply #466 on: February 19, 2015, 07:35:49 AM »
Dont want this topic to go to waste, can anyone help me out with the ftc iso's? (Kornholio?)
ohyeahohyeah

KoRnholio8

• SLAP Pal
  • SkateMagArchive
    • SkateMagArchive
« Reply #467 on: February 19, 2015, 11:14:47 AM »
sorry, just some mpegs

IHOP

• Rep: 33
« Reply #468 on: February 19, 2015, 10:00:06 PM »
since the threads already been bumped, anyone know where i can see Illegal Civilization 2? They posted it on vimeo but says you can't view in my country (us)
only in skateboarding is putting an adult in a position where they might have to actually work for their income "ruining their life"  ::)

skateohio

• Rep: 18
« Reply #469 on: February 20, 2015, 12:54:33 PM »

AlwaysSkater420

• Rep: 45
« Reply #470 on: July 01, 2015, 10:35:01 AM »
The XYZ Video anyone?

« Last Edit: January 07, 2017, 04:40:47 PM by AlwaysSkater420 »
"When you sacrafice freedom for security, you end up with neither" Jason Jessee

gsosa

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -72
« Reply #471 on: September 13, 2015, 09:49:54 AM »
anyone got a link to the Zero Promo? I know there was an .iso floatingaround somewhere but any link is appreciated.

thecount

• Rep: -38
« Reply #472 on: September 13, 2015, 04:18:40 PM »
planb true

deluxxxe

• Rep: 35
« Reply #473 on: September 16, 2015, 11:07:30 PM »

Rick

• Rep: 14
« Reply #474 on: October 09, 2015, 03:38:35 PM »
Could someone please re-post Transword Feedback and The Reason ISO.

The DVD copy I bought years ago won't work anymore, strange because there's not a scratch on it.

pussy popper,pot smoker

« Reply #475 on: October 09, 2015, 07:35:25 PM »
fuck. It's been a year and a half since Perpetual Motion's release and I still haven't seen Josh Matthews' part...link anyone?

dude i can't find jimmy carlins part anywhere, fucking transworld is a tightwad.

AlwaysSkater420

• Rep: 45
« Reply #476 on: November 02, 2015, 06:40:52 AM »
anyone got a link to the Zero Promo? I know there was an .iso floatingaround somewhere but any link is appreciated.

https://mega.nz/#!eRBAiJAL!cWPp8TK3jfxdtL2zHcxokU-fIGkkvgPTbE2pHRsph-Y
« Last Edit: January 07, 2017, 04:41:34 PM by AlwaysSkater420 »
"When you sacrafice freedom for security, you end up with neither" Jason Jessee

ohhgreenworld

« Reply #477 on: November 02, 2015, 11:08:30 AM »
Jackson Casey's "Friends with Benefits"

That was one of my favorites

lamfordie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -57
« Reply #478 on: November 02, 2015, 11:22:32 AM »
Anyone got a link or download to Static 3,4/5?

KoRnholio8

• SLAP Pal
  • SkateMagArchive
    • SkateMagArchive
« Reply #479 on: November 03, 2015, 12:48:22 AM »
Could someone please re-post Transword Feedback and The Reason ISO.

The DVD copy I bought years ago won't work anymore, strange because there's not a scratch on it.

http://skatemagarchive.blogspot.si/p/skateboard-video-archive.html