Author Topic: XBox One  (Read 7528 times)

frisco

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 76
XBox One
« on: May 21, 2013, 10:20:59 AM »
This is Microsofts big reveal.

It comes with a Kinect type camera, and you use hand gestures and voices to navigate the menu.

Personally I think Microsoft has missed the boat with their new "innovations".

I don't want to fucking skype my parents while I sit in my underwear and play Madden, same with the "snap mode" where you have picture-in-picture, maybe if you're in a menu or a load screen and you want to check a score but I'm distracted enough just playing games.

Not to mention the console is massive and the controller looks like a brick.

Feels like they took a step backwards.

The press conference is still going on

Bubblegum Tate

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -1042
  • Slap's Resident Sneakerhead
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
Re: XBox One
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2013, 10:32:07 AM »

Ethan Bubblegum Tate - Captain of the Harlem Globetrotters, lecturer of Physics at Globetrotter University.
Tate is one of the best posters that's not me

The Human Condom

• Rep: 45
  • Free condoms! Free condoms from The Human Condom.
    • : /skeɪt/ avatar image
« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2013, 10:35:06 AM »

thugnificent

« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2013, 10:41:28 AM »
pretty unimpressed so far, is there weekly online fees? ill stick with playstation

Donkey Lips

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1020
« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2013, 10:47:24 AM »
They're really good about downplaying the "gaming" in this gaming system.

Bubblegum Tate

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #5 on: May 21, 2013, 10:52:49 AM »

Haha looks like a VCR. But Ill probably get it.

New COD game
Ethan Bubblegum Tate - Captain of the Harlem Globetrotters, lecturer of Physics at Globetrotter University.

frisco

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #6 on: May 21, 2013, 10:59:58 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Haha looks like a VCR. But Ill probably get it.

New COD game

Ghosts? That has been announced for months. The only thing thats different for the XboxOne is they get the DLC (which is shit) a week early

I have a 360, but I'm definitely passing on this one.

Bubblegum Tate

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #7 on: May 21, 2013, 11:02:18 AM »
^^
They are showing actual gameplay now, im watching it on the xbox live event player app.

DLC for Xbox is usually a month or so ahead of PS3.

shone237

« Reply #8 on: May 21, 2013, 11:05:07 AM »
ya, I cant see any reason to upgrade. The graphics aren't much better yet. The ai now moves very fluidly but still looks as awkward as the faces on bond64.

more like a cable box and a 360 taped together and wrapped in a plethora of contracts and hidden fees.

Cthulhu!

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 455
« Reply #9 on: May 21, 2013, 11:23:09 AM »
Just terrible. I will never buy this.

kmdoom

• Rep: -18
« Reply #10 on: May 21, 2013, 01:01:01 PM »
They're really good about downplaying the "gaming" in this gaming system.

Yeah, people are really attached to all their devices and I know it sounds kind of old guy but it makes me sick. But I'm positive the gameplay for every game on this platform is going to be sick! All the added disk space for developers (just guessing) is going to make sports games that much better.

Tracer

• Rep: -65309
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
« Reply #11 on: May 21, 2013, 01:58:36 PM »

Can't believe they're still doing joysticks at different heights. PS3's controller is much better only because the joysticks are side by side

frisco

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #12 on: May 21, 2013, 03:40:09 PM »
Wow it gets worse.

It is NOT backwards compatible. Say good-bye to all of your 360 games unless you have 2 consoles.

It will NOT work without the kinect. So you constantly have to keep that fucking camera pointed at you.

landCow

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 91
« Reply #13 on: May 21, 2013, 03:47:40 PM »
more than any other generation of console I'm feeling a very much "wait and see" kind of attitude towards PS4 and Xbox One. It seems like Sony and Microsoft are trying to pack in the features to make their new consoles the family entertainment hub. This is good and I get it, it is handy to have everything under one roof so to speak but I look at consoles for ease of use to quickly boot something up and lose a couple of hours with mindless video gaming. Everything else is secondary to me. I don't really give a fuck about hardware and tech specs as long as there is interesting and fun gameplay.

I want Sony and Microsoft to show me something revolutionary in that regard. Not just Car Racer With Sweet Graphics 7 or Corridor Shooter 2014. I think mainstream gaming is pretty stale right now, like every AAA title is in a rut with a very tired and worn out formula and all the wizz bang multimedia features in the world are not going to change that.
« Last Edit: May 21, 2013, 04:22:37 PM by landCow »

max power

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 675
« Reply #14 on: May 21, 2013, 04:54:18 PM »
i'll be waiting for sure. i can play shit on my PC or 360 in the meantime. i do like the look of the new xbox controller, except that you can't use rechargeable AA's anymore.

MuchasGracias

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -140
« Reply #15 on: May 21, 2013, 05:12:23 PM »
I'm not fucking with the whole entertainment show everybody what you're doing every second thing. Like what Landcow said

I look at consoles for ease of use to quickly boot something up and lose a couple of hours with mindless video gaming. Everything else is secondary to me.

We have computers for that other kind of shit, it seems like they're just slowly evolving into PC's which is a let down really, I was hoping for Microsoft to really pull something different and new out of there ass, but no.

Mooley

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 254
« Reply #16 on: May 21, 2013, 08:34:53 PM »
I see so many people on gaming websites scoffing at this whole "entertainment system" idea, but it's got massive potential for Microsoft. More people access Netflix on gaming consoles than any other way, and if they play their cards right, Xbox One could be the go-to hub for a lot of other shit as well. It makes sense to try and pounce on that momentum, and really if their interface is more intuitive than your average PVR or Smart TV (and really, how could it not be?) I don't think people will think it's so ridiculous in a few years.

I'm not fucking with the whole entertainment show everybody what you're doing every second thing. Like what Landcow said

Expand Quote
I look at consoles for ease of use to quickly boot something up and lose a couple of hours with mindless video gaming. Everything else is secondary to me.
[close]

We have computers for that other kind of shit, it seems like they're just slowly evolving into PC's which is a let down really, I was hoping for Microsoft to really pull something different and new out of there ass, but no.

But what's easier than walking into a room, using a voice command to turn your shit on and having a game ready to go in a matter of seconds? They actually seem to be doing some really clever shit with the hardware.

They're shooting themselves in the foot with so much other shit though, backwards compatibility and used games and all that. Hard to say how things will go, but I've got to at least wait until they start actually talking about games to pass judgment.

Bubblegum Tate

• SLAP Pal

MuchasGracias

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #18 on: May 21, 2013, 09:12:36 PM »
I see so many people on gaming websites scoffing at this whole "entertainment system" idea, but it's got massive potential for Microsoft. More people access Netflix on gaming consoles than any other way, and if they play their cards right, Xbox One could be the go-to hub for a lot of other shit as well. It makes sense to try and pounce on that momentum, and really if their interface is more intuitive than your average PVR or Smart TV (and really, how could it not be?) I don't think people will think it's so ridiculous in a few years.

Expand Quote

Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

But what's easier than walking into a room, using a voice command to turn your shit on and having a game ready to go in a matter of seconds? They actually seem to be doing some really clever shit with the hardware.

They're shooting themselves in the foot with so much other shit though, backwards compatibility and used games and all that. Hard to say how things will go, but I've got to at least wait until they start actually talking about games to pass judgment.

Yeah I hear you, voice command and all that jazz can be helpful. It's just hard to like when they're focusing more on the entertainment side of things and less than just a gaming system. And that backwards compatibility thing is bullshit plus why are they hyping up that fucking COD game, im getting sick of that franchise.
« Last Edit: May 21, 2013, 10:08:51 PM by MuchasGracias »

frisco

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #19 on: May 21, 2013, 09:34:34 PM »
So lets say you buy Call of Duty Ghosts and you take it over to a buddies house so you guys can play splitscreen

That will cost 60 fucking dollars.

Games are locked to one system, so you can't lend games to friends or take a game anywhere else.

Bubblegum Tate

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #20 on: May 21, 2013, 10:05:35 PM »
So lets say you buy Call of Duty Ghosts and you take it over to a buddies house so you guys can play splitscreen

That will cost 60 fucking dollars.

Games are locked to one system, so you can't lend games to friends or take a game anywhere else.

They haven't announced the prices of the games, but i bet it will be more than $60.  :-\

foureyedjim

« Reply #21 on: May 22, 2013, 12:32:15 AM »
In case you missed it:
Xbox One Reveal 2013 Highlights

but for real, fuck the xbox, I'm fine with my desktop honestly.  I can just buy another one of my graphics cards and be set for the next generation of games.  Not to mention I'm not really trying to sit and watch a bunch of TV all day.
« Last Edit: May 22, 2013, 12:34:05 AM by foureyedjim »

Chipper

• Rep: 14
« Reply #22 on: May 22, 2013, 02:53:25 AM »

MuchasGracias

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #23 on: May 22, 2013, 03:01:37 AM »
That's it, im getting a PS4. XboxOne can eat a dick.

RoedGroed

• Rep: 60
« Reply #24 on: May 22, 2013, 03:48:06 AM »
That's it, im getting a PS4. XboxOne can eat a dick.

Glad they took that decision for me as well. I really liked my xbox360, and it was a draw between getting a ps4 or xbox, but this shit sealed the deal. Cant wait for my ps4!!

Will Easley

« Reply #25 on: May 22, 2013, 04:51:59 AM »
Yeah PS4 it is for me. They both seemingly have the same amount of horsepower given the 8Gb RAM, but Sonys gonna have all the exclusive games while Xbox focuses on taking over the living room. Ps4 has most of the features of the Xbox (motion camera included) but when they did their reveal they focused mostly on the games, which pretty much has me sold. Also the day of the Xbox one reveal Sony announced they'd be revealing the actual console June 10th.

Also I think Xbox One is a bad name in a branding sense. They shoulda just ran with the rumored Xbox Infinity.

Donkey Lips

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1020
« Reply #26 on: May 22, 2013, 07:36:33 AM »
Microsoft denied rumors that they'll charge you for used/borrowed games, so that's not really a concern. I understand the direction they're taking. I don't agree with it and it's not what I'm looking for in a game system, but I understand that people want a unified system.

My old Xbox360 from 2006 and my PS3 are doing just fine for now and will probably be great for years.

thugnificent

« Reply #27 on: May 22, 2013, 08:24:33 AM »
Microsoft denied rumors that they'll charge you for used/borrowed games, so that's not really a concern.

but what was their wording? I dont buy it

Choad Muskrat

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 522
« Reply #28 on: May 22, 2013, 08:36:29 AM »
I'm in the same camp as most of you. I've always been down with xbox and xbox live, but all this TV and Entertainment features they are focusing on is really pissing me off. It's a fucking GAMING console. Everything else should come second.

The name is fucking stupid too. 720 would have been way better.

Xbox 1. Really? That's the best they could come up with? It just makes me think of this:

Microsofts fucking blowing it.

Plus I'm not a playstation fan, no PS4 for me. Looks like I'm going to be building a gaming rig again in the not too distant future.

max power

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 675
« Reply #29 on: May 22, 2013, 09:35:19 AM »
i'm reserving judgement until after E3 and waiting on the price announcement.