Author Topic: Give me the rundown on Australia skateboarding  (Read 1246 times)

Tracer

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -65309
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
Give me the rundown on Australia skateboarding
« on: April 16, 2013, 05:00:47 PM »
My uncle overseas said he can get me a job at a private welding shop near Brisbane. Last time I was in oz there were a ton of skatespots, and security would allow you to skate in some cases. I went to Melbourne, Sydney, Adelaide, and a ton of towns in between. The parks however were a different story, filled with bmx and scooterers, most parks were very poorly designed but one thing I appreciated is all of them had a water fountain, and were placed in a decent location near local transpo

I KNOW product is hella expensive out there, but I will have good work

Any notable spots in the Brisvegas area?

fulfillthedream

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 305
Re: Give me the rundown on Australia skateboarding
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2013, 10:01:39 AM »
I visited from California last December. Was in Sydney Melbourne and Gold Coast.
Skating scene was much more fun in syd and melbs
Skateboarding is like jacking-off, it's that good- Jeremy Klein

[

Tracer

• Rep: -65309
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2013, 10:46:28 PM »
I visited from California last December. Was in Sydney Melbourne and Gold Coast.
Skating scene was much more fun in syd and melbs
Melbourne is amazing skating wise, Gold Coast is on my radar how was that ?

• Rep: 12
« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2013, 11:43:21 PM »
GOLD COAST HAS ZERO S W A G   STICK TO EITHER MELBOURNE OR S Y D N E Y

GOLD COAST IS NOT AN OPTION

« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2013, 11:44:11 PM »
Actually you should go to the gold coast it's pretty good

Powdered Toast Man!

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 158
  • (aka mex.ceferino)
« Reply #5 on: April 22, 2013, 11:51:18 PM »
i visited newcastle, new south wales for a month
lovely people, very scenic
theres a beach and mountains with an animal reserve
oh yea and gnarly dudes like beau reid
downtown hill bombing, cruising,  and skating king st is a must

I just want everyone to know that I'm only 32.8% skateboarder, and that's on a good day. The rest is just soy and cum.

« Reply #6 on: April 23, 2013, 12:00:09 AM »
i visited newcastle, new south wales for a month
lovely people, very scenic
theres a beach and mountains with an animal reserve
oh yea and gnarly dudes like beau reid
downtown hill bombing, cruising,?  and skating king st is a must

did you experiment with your sexuality at all?

Paletta

• Rep: -17
« Reply #7 on: May 06, 2013, 03:49:52 AM »
Please don't come to Australia we have enough cunts here as it is

Joel Wilson

• Rep: -15
« Reply #8 on: May 16, 2013, 06:22:47 AM »
Please don't come to Australia we have enough cunts here as it is

Hahahahah

MFLUDER

« Reply #9 on: May 19, 2013, 08:51:37 AM »
Qld's pretty cool, gold coast is a real authentic oz experience haha. I would never live there no way, but Its cool for trips, beaches are good but I don't know how good it is for skating. I've hit up pizzy a few times on trips which is sick, but I have no idea about street spots. Sydney is cool, kinda easy to get around if you stay in the city, but its pretty expensive for accom in good spots close to everything but the vibes real good and the spots and Waterloo are sick. Newcastle, near Sydney has realllllly good beaches but its a legit hellhole but cool to drive down for a swim, even go to port stephens and hang around there.
Melbournes 10/10 tho, sick spots good to skate around at night and that bluestone is so good to roll around on. Beers are expensive in bars but you can get super cheap takeaways and drink them in a park.

fulfillthedream

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 305
« Reply #10 on: May 19, 2013, 10:12:05 PM »
Qld's pretty cool, gold coast is a real authentic oz experience haha. I would never live there no way, but Its cool for trips, beaches are good but I don't know how good it is for skating. I've hit up pizzy a few times on trips which is sick, but I have no idea about street spots. Sydney is cool, kinda easy to get around if you stay in the city, but its pretty expensive for accom in good spots close to everything but the vibes real good and the spots and Waterloo are sick. Newcastle, near Sydney has realllllly good beaches but its a legit hellhole but cool to drive down for a swim, even go to port stephens and hang around there.
Melbournes 10/10 tho, sick spots good to skate around at night and that bluestone is so good to roll around on. Beers are expensive in bars but you can get super cheap takeaways and drink them in a park.

That was my experience in GC- I went there on my last week of my Aus trip and really didn't skate but one day at Pizzy. I mostly just kicked back and relaxed at the beaches, checked out this dope animal sanctuary in Brisbane and hit up some clubs and bars. Its not the best city for skateboarding in Australia and if you wanna really skate, met locals and find good street spots as well as parks Sydney and Melbourne is where it's at.
Skateboarding is like jacking-off, it's that good- Jeremy Klein

[

REGS

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 107
« Reply #11 on: May 22, 2013, 06:50:32 PM »
Brisbane & Gold Coast aren't bad at all - Gold Coast is amazing skatepark wise, especially if you're into tranny. Good parks everywhere. Brisbane's best is Capalaba (which is super fun) and there's an upgrade coming to Paddington soon which should be dope. Paddo is already good though. Not the best park but it's the ultimate 'crew' spot.

Brissy obviously isn't as big as Melbourne or Sydney in terms of size/people, and there's less of a skating scene too. Not sure if you've seen Mobbn Deep though but if you watch the Brisbane section you'll see that it's pretty decent spot wise and skateboarder wise.

Seriously though, I reckon take the opportunity. It's a once in a lifetime chance by the sounds of things. I don't think you'll regret it...if you get sick of Brisbane you can come hang out with the boys in Sydney. You have quite the following down here.