Author Topic: NHL 14 Thoughts  (Read 796 times)

kmdoom

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -18

frisco

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 76
Re: NHL 14 Thoughts
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2013, 01:26:32 AM »
This franchise is one where I've bought the game every single year since 2006.

This year will be no different. I liked a lot about NHL 13, the new goalie desperation animation especially. Makes it much harder to score, the skating is still tough to get used to.

In 12 I had some ridiculous online record of 150-15-5 at one point. 13 is much different though found it really hard to score early on

Its all about rebound goals in 13, people just shoot a wrister low pad and hope for a rebound

Choad Muskrat

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 522
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2013, 07:40:25 AM »
I'll probably buy it. My friend recently gave me his 12, and it's really good. But I'm terrible at these games, I loose to the computer on Pro all the time.

raunchyrick

• Rep: 36
« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2013, 12:08:39 PM »
The skating engine in 13 was way hard to get used to and it left me with blisters on my thumbs trying to break away on the rush.

Goaltender interference was pretty cool in 12, but I can see why they did away with it in 13. I really liked to trip the goalie up after the whistle :)

The new fighting engine looks pretty cool - might make me want to drop the gloves online more.

kmdoom

« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2013, 02:49:27 PM »
The skating engine in 13 was way hard to get used to and it left me with blisters on my thumbs trying to break away on the rush.

Goaltender interference was pretty cool in 12, but I can see why they did away with it in 13. I really liked to trip the goalie up after the whistle :)

The new fighting engine looks pretty cool - might make me want to drop the gloves online more.

Yeah I think they'll be releasing the dev diary for the "enforcer engine" tomorrow or sometime soon. Can't wait, apparently there won't be any break in the action between drawing the fight to the end of it, plus there may be celebrations? Not sure

Makaveli

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -606
« Reply #5 on: May 31, 2013, 08:46:53 PM »
been playing 2k9 for years, def gonna get this tho
I’m a ghost that everyone can see.

Mooley

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 254
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #6 on: June 01, 2013, 03:49:20 PM »
Glad they snagged FIFA's collision engine, hits are going to look much better.

I'll probably buy it but I really need to sit down with the demo first. The skating is what's been pissing me off. I like how forward momentum works, but when you get the puck in low speed situations like a loose puck in the corners, it's so goddamn hard to just get your player facing the right direction for a forehand pass. Hopefully there are some good tweaks.

kmdoom

« Reply #7 on: June 05, 2013, 04:44:48 PM »

frisco

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 76
« Reply #8 on: June 05, 2013, 05:47:51 PM »
The fighting engine looks sick, the games never get worse which makes me happy, usually small tweaks to add to the experience