Author Topic: Andy Schrock and Revive Skateboards  (Read 45657 times)

edddiebyrne

Re: Andy Schrock and Revive Skateboards
« Reply #30 on: May 30, 2013, 05:04:08 PM »
I see you love his company so much that you failed to use the proper name. Kudos to you sir.

nylin

« Reply #31 on: May 30, 2013, 05:31:27 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
It is just as legitimate as other smaller companies coming up like Polar and Politic.
[close]

Oh jeez.
[close]
What? Are you saying I can't compare ReVive to those companies. They are on the same basis monetarily and in terms of a team... Well I'll just say I don't see Brian Brown busting out frontside flips like Josh Katz can.

VS.

I'll let all of you be the judge.

sfa

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 177
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #32 on: May 30, 2013, 05:33:19 PM »
dear southeastskate,

if you have half a brain you will realize you have now done more to harm revive than to help it.

you may just want to shut the fuck up.
I need a coffee

4wheels

« Reply #33 on: May 30, 2013, 05:36:01 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
It is just as legitimate as other smaller companies coming up like Polar and Politic.
[close]

Oh jeez.
[close]
What? Are you saying I can't compare ReVive to those companies. They are on the same basis monetarily and in terms of a team... Well I'll just say I don't see Brian Brown busting out frontside flips like Josh Katz can.
John Katz is that weird dude that does those lame ass treflip lateflip and hardflip lateflips right? When I watch him skate it just bums me out.

EDIT: Oops thats that dude who always wears a helmet. Thats even worse
« Last Edit: May 30, 2013, 05:38:26 PM by Four wheels »

ericw

« Reply #34 on: May 30, 2013, 05:36:28 PM »
Cant believe you just compared Josh Katz to Brian Brown...

Randozzi

« Reply #35 on: May 30, 2013, 05:42:03 PM »
Really hope he didn't give himself a pro model. he may be a nice dude and everything but... yeah. i've skated with 16 year olds i'd rather see 5 minutes of footage from.

4wheels

« Reply #36 on: May 30, 2013, 05:45:35 PM »
Really hope he didn't give himself a pro model. he may be a nice dude and everything but... yeah. i've skated with 16 year olds i'd rather see 5 minutes of footage from.
give himself a pro model just like Dan MacFarlane

Mundungus

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 59
  • ∆∆∆
« Reply #37 on: May 30, 2013, 05:50:05 PM »
Andy Schrock is like a ultra-pc, alternate universe version of Fred Durst.

Nigga

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 5
  • PHILA
« Reply #38 on: May 30, 2013, 05:50:49 PM »
How zany are we talking here...?

SkateSouthEast

• Rep: -5
« Reply #39 on: May 30, 2013, 05:56:34 PM »
Cant believe you just compared Josh Katz to Brian Brown...

Please elaborate on this. I don't think Brian Brown has half the talent Josh Katz has.

Randozzi

« Reply #40 on: May 30, 2013, 05:58:56 PM »
does talent mean number of tricks in your eyes?
because Mr. Brown has some serious style and ability.

4wheels

« Reply #41 on: May 30, 2013, 05:59:25 PM »
Please elaborate on this. I don't think Brian Brown has half the talent Josh Katz has.

KUberry

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -130
« Reply #42 on: May 30, 2013, 05:59:36 PM »
I'm just going to go ahead and say that I can beat Andy Shitcock and anyone his company is associated with at a game of skate and get no letters. Pretty much everyone I skate with can film park parts like that in a day except with better tricks and non homo clothing selection. �It's funny that Aaron Kyro pimped him out like a bitch for some cheddar while riding for other board brands though.

KUberry

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -130
« Reply #43 on: May 30, 2013, 06:04:25 PM »
Josh Katz fucking sucks btw. John Getz or whatever is the late flip guy. I wish I had rich parents and lived in a suburb so I could start a company. I would hook up people who deserve it.

mtvic

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -59
« Reply #44 on: May 30, 2013, 06:06:21 PM »
Expand Quote
look man, no cursing might be respectable when you're 12, but sometime in your later teens you'll realize words and words and its fucking regular that certain words are "out of bounds".

andy seems like an alright dude from his videos but he just talks too damn much. we don't need a voiceover for 4 minutes of skating. the skating should speak for itself if it really is that great. and im sorry but putting his company on the same level as politic or polar is just ignorant. there's a reason people buy those boards and not andy's. dudes gotta earn his place in the industry, and it ain't thru youtube videos and skatepark footage.

ps - saying 'That "skate and destroy" stuff is dumb' isn't gonna get you any friends around here. street skating is supposed to be about doing whatever the fuck you want.
[close]
Thank you for the level headed reply but I have to say you can't just "do whatever the fuck you want" while street skating. That's not how it works! You have to be kind, respectful, and follow rules in order to further yourself in life not "do whatever the fuck you want".

I beg to differ on so many levels! First off, skateboarding would not be where it is today if people "followed rules": do you really think anyone wanted gonz, natas, duffy to skate the rails that they did to push street? Almost any ledge, gap, staircase, handrail is not meant to be skated on, they were designed for people to walk down.......that is what makes skating so fucking sick! You see we blend art and sport by being sporty and artsy on shit that was never meant to be either. Next, what do you mean by "it" when you say "That's not how it works!": Life? Skateboarding? what? I am glad that you think following rules is a good way for you to live life, and don't get me wrong I am not advocating an end to the social contract that we all live by, but you must respect what skateboarding is and has always been, and at the very least it has been without rules and laws. Are there problems associated with the criminality of skateboarding? Fucking eh there are! But that does not mean we should all run to the nearest park and isolate ourselves......you see street skateboarding transcends the social construct of wealth, meaning that anyone anywhere can grab a board and do something......something old, used or new!

Lastly, what to you is furthering yourself in life? Seriously?

SkateSouthEast

« Reply #45 on: May 30, 2013, 06:09:12 PM »
Well I guess but Josh Katz has a serious bag of tricks, man! I mean who would win in a game of S.K.A.T.E?

mtvic

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -59
« Reply #46 on: May 30, 2013, 06:10:10 PM »
I'm just going to go ahead and say that I can beat Andy Shitcock and anyone his company is associated with at a game of skate and get no letters. Pretty much everyone I skate with can film park parts like that in a day except with better tricks and non homo clothing selection. It's funny that Aaron Kyro pimped him out like a bitch for some cheddar while riding for other board brands though.

Are revive and revenge the same company?  What do you mean by Kyro riding for other brands, who else?  

Yu Dum

« Reply #47 on: May 30, 2013, 06:19:13 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
Well I guess but Josh Katz has a serious bag of tricks, man! I mean who would win in a game of S.K.A.T.E?
Who the fuck cares who would win in a game of SKATE!? Since when does that warrant his superiority over Brian Brown or anyone else for that matter? If that's your definition of "talent" then you're a misguided fool.

Randozzi

« Reply #48 on: May 30, 2013, 06:19:26 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
fuck a game of skate.
a well placed/timed ollie can inspire others more than a 540 double flip.

Schismatic

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 4
« Reply #49 on: May 30, 2013, 06:22:52 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Just came to say that you guys should really support Andy Schrock's new company Revive! He is a local skater around here and a real cool and zany guy. His new company has a really cool image and not to mention a damn good name. He is a role model to me and acts like a real skater should!. I feel he deserves all the support he can get so if you guys could pick up some Revive product that would be awesome!
[close]

"....acts like a real skater should" -� You trollin' or are you just a fuckin' KOOK?
[close]
No I'm not a "fuckin' kook" and i'm not trolling. Yes he does act like a real skater should. See this is the reason I look up to Andy he doesn't talk down to people and he especially doesn't curse (which I highly respect). He has respect for the spots he skates and if he's asked to leave he will. That "skate and destroy" stuff is dumb and anyone with that mentality is just ignorant. I'm just trying to support someone I look up to.
[close]
You should take your bullshit somewhere else then. This is SLAP. We don't take kindly to shitfucks like you.

I'm sorry to disagree, but I personally think he sounds more like a shitfucker than just a shitfuck.

Andy, we know this is you. either way, I officially hate Andy Schrock. He (you) sounds like a total cunt.

SkateSouthEast

« Reply #50 on: May 30, 2013, 06:26:08 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]
fuck a game of skate.
How could you watch this video part: When there's a blatantly better HD video part with better tricks like this one:

Yu Dum

« Reply #51 on: May 30, 2013, 06:27:32 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]
fuck a game of skate.
[close]
How could you watch this video part: When there's a blatantly better HD video part with better tricks like this one:

CossRooper

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 137
  • What are you up to, drawing leafs?
    • timecube avatar image
« Reply #52 on: May 30, 2013, 06:30:32 PM »
I knew this day of reckoning would come on SLAP and I've been dreading it. I think I'd actually really like Andy in real life, but his youtube has devolved into one of these Vlogger/youtube personality type moneymaking machines where there is actually very little good footage happening, but more just filler stuff + Andy talking sarcastically just to put a video up every day (with a sensational title) to rake in the views. There's also this weird cult of personality stuff going on in his comments, and these kids are really getting way too into a few average park rats from Ohio.

"WHERE'S JACE!?!?!??!???!??"

Mundungus

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 59
  • ∆∆∆
« Reply #53 on: May 30, 2013, 06:32:10 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]
fuck a game of skate.
[close]

Hahahaha now I know you're a troll. I had no idea who that Josh Katz kid was beforehand.. whoever made that edit should be Theon Greyjoy'd

StFlour

« Reply #54 on: May 30, 2013, 06:32:45 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]
fuck a game of skate.
[close]

helmet

SkateSouthEast

« Reply #55 on: May 30, 2013, 06:34:03 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]
fuck a game of skate.
[close]
[close]

helmet
Dude I seriously hate when people mention that. It's just a piece of head gear why do you care?

4wheels

« Reply #56 on: May 30, 2013, 06:36:42 PM »
Dude I seriously hate when people mention that. It's just a piece of head gear why do you care?
his style goes right along with his headgear

Cinco

• Rep: 5
« Reply #57 on: May 30, 2013, 06:37:26 PM »

paraquat

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 200
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #58 on: May 30, 2013, 06:38:30 PM »
How do people outside of Ohio even know about this guy?

SkateSouthEast

« Reply #59 on: May 30, 2013, 06:42:20 PM »
How do people outside of Ohio even know about this guy?
He does a good job marketing himself and his business. I don't see someone like Steve Durante doing that.