Author Topic: Andy Schrock and Revive Skateboards  (Read 45608 times)

Chomp on this.

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -1
  • I'm new here.
Re: Andy Schrock and Revive Skateboards
« Reply #120 on: May 31, 2013, 10:01:35 PM »
I just don't understand whats going on here.

4wheels

« Reply #121 on: May 31, 2013, 10:12:25 PM »

layzieyez

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1475
  • Illusion Flip
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #122 on: May 31, 2013, 10:38:58 PM »
Oh look, I made a bunch of gifs from Andy's youtube channel.  Sick skating bro.  Turning yourself pro is like sucking your own dick.

Feel free to share these with Andy and tell him about your successful help in marketing his ReMenge brand.

maplesteam

• Rep: 0
« Reply #123 on: May 31, 2013, 10:42:40 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
does talent mean number of tricks in your eyes?
because Mr. Brown has some serious style and ability.
[close]
Well I guess but Josh Katz has a serious bag of tricks, man! I mean who would win in a game of S.K.A.T.E?
[close]
fuck a game of skate.
a well placed/timed ollie can inspire others more than a 540 double flip.
[close]
How could you watch this video part: 2nd nature-ECLECTIC-chapter5-brian brown on Vimeo When there's a blatantly better HD video part with better tricks like this one: Enminem Montage 7

I'm just going to assume this is a joke.

cleaver

• Rep: 0
« Reply #124 on: May 31, 2013, 10:48:26 PM »
I feel like Andy is trying to be a youtube celebrity while skating and he is failing at doing either well. The way he acts in his videos is cliche and annoying and he's not bringing anything original. He isn't doing anything inherently wrong but it is bad.

poopnutsupreme

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 491
« Reply #125 on: May 31, 2013, 11:00:54 PM »
I don't really have much to say besides that I just want Andy to know that I hate him and that everything he does is shit.
Any dude that hates on roller hockey hasn't played, and likely haven't played a sport in their entire life.

MUSH MILL

• Rep: 1
« Reply #126 on: June 01, 2013, 03:31:33 AM »
SLAP PALS Book of the Month
June 2013 Selection:

List Price: $14.99

Add to Cart
Yesterday Erased
Authored by Andy Schrock

Drew Thomas is a comic shop nerd until one fateful day. An unlikely meeting with a cop and a skateboard sends his life in a completely new direction. He starts high school and, along with his group of misfit friends, soon becomes a contender on the Cincinnati skateboard scene. Along the way he quickly learns that life off the board isn't so simple. The party life is snatching his friends away from their boards. He winds up stuck in an on-again and off-again love triangle. And he realizes that not fitting in just may be the death of him.

YESTERDAY ERASED is a hard-to-put-down, 109,000-word commercial fiction piece, based on my own experiences growing up. It deals in themes any young adult, skateboarder or not, can relate to and leaves you pondering your life when you're done. No matter who you are, you'll find a piece of yourself in this book!

The author, Andy Schrock, spent most of his time growing up on a skateboard. He now makes a living creating content online as well as running his own skateboard company, ReVive Skateboards. He lives in Cincinnati, Ohio with his wife and their son.

Publication Date:
May 21 2013
ISBN/EAN13:
0615821375 / 9780615821375
Page Count:
Binding Type:
US Trade Paper
Trim Size:
6" x 9"
Language:
English
Color:
Black and White
Related Categories:
Fiction / Coming of Age

(Order today for bonus J. Casanova CD complete with limited edition SWAG HAG pin AND Jaylene door poster)
Coupon Code: RedMagnum

Ananas

• Rep: -5
« Reply #127 on: June 01, 2013, 05:10:59 AM »
has anyone here read his book and can review it?

ericw

« Reply #128 on: June 01, 2013, 06:28:36 AM »
Hollywood High 16: Crazy Guy Harasses Skateboarders! wasn't really expecting andy to be this decent

Schismatic

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 4
« Reply #129 on: June 01, 2013, 01:46:54 PM »
Hollywood High 16: Crazy Guy Harasses Skateboarders! wasn't really expecting andy to be this decent

Yeah but being able to land some tricks doesn't make someone less of a kook. Just look at Austen Seaholm.

LOU.502

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 82
  • rawr
« Reply #130 on: June 01, 2013, 02:39:03 PM »
I've seen him a few times at various parks in the area and he in all honesty seems like a pretty nice guy. He always seems like he's having fun skating, he's actually a pretty decent skateboarder. He is no where NEAR pro/am level, but he's aite. I don't really have much bad about to say about him (i think i mentioned this in another thread) other than the time he "scolded" me for over hearing me say" fuck" after I got a heelbruise, which was kinda weird. The vids are kinda lame though. A lot of it seems like PG versions of cky video ripoffs or something. I dunno, do whatever makes that andyween hard, brah.

im probably lying

SpudFaceKillah

« Reply #131 on: June 02, 2013, 08:39:58 AM »

SodaJerk

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1085
  • Butterscotch yo!
« Reply #132 on: June 02, 2013, 12:41:01 PM »
I resisted watching any of the links until I read this entire thread and was thinking "How bad could this be?". Answer, the guy is a kook, not a major asshole but a kook that shouldn't be slanging product with his name on it and to paraphrase Lauren Hill "I would rather my kids skaters starve than white people buy my album Revive Skateboards"

DISTANT RUMOURS

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 394
« Reply #133 on: June 02, 2013, 01:03:10 PM »
I had to google him as well a few pages back...

He reminds me of this hyper kid in my class that was always begging for attention and that loved the spotlight. Sure he's having fun, but he also tries to be funny...

I bet 12-year olds will love that stuff, but I'm 30 years old and the only guy I take this stuff from is my best friend.

And Tim O'Conner.

SodaJerk

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1085
  • Butterscotch yo!
« Reply #134 on: June 02, 2013, 01:06:24 PM »
I had to google him as well a few pages back...

He reminds me of this hyper kid in my class that was always begging for attention and that loved the spotlight. Sure he's having fun, but he also tries to be funny...

I bet 12-year olds will love that stuff, but I'm 30 years old and the only guy I take this stuff from is my best friend.

And Tim O'Conner.

35 and I can take shit all day if its funny but this guy ain't funny. I love small and local companies but not this.

deluxxxe

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 46
« Reply #135 on: June 02, 2013, 06:02:21 PM »
I feel like Andy is trying to be a youtube celebrity while skating and he is failing at doing either well. The way he acts in his videos is cliche and annoying and he's not bringing anything original. He isn't doing anything inherently wrong but it is bad.

bingo. the dude might just be unaware of how he is truly perceived. maybe we're just not his market ???

ThugWaffle

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -140
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #136 on: June 02, 2013, 08:51:59 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Just came to say that you guys should really support Andy Schrock's new company Revive! He is a local skater around here and a real cool and zany guy. His new company has a really cool image and not to mention a damn good name. He is a role model to me and acts like a real skater should!. I feel he deserves all the support he can get so if you guys could pick up some Revive product that would be awesome!
[close]

"....acts like a real skater should" -  You trollin' or are you just a fuckin' KOOK?
[close]
No I'm not a "fuckin' kook" and i'm not trolling. Yes he does act like a real skater should. See this is the reason I look up to Andy he doesn't talk down to people and he especially doesn't curse (which I highly respect). He has respect for the spots he skates and if he's asked to leave he will. That "skate and destroy" stuff is dumb and anyone with that mentality is just ignorant. I'm just trying to support someone I look up to.

Let's hope hes confusing Andy's

yungthug

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -37
« Reply #137 on: June 03, 2013, 08:29:07 AM »
I knew this day of reckoning would come on SLAP and I've been dreading it. I think I'd actually really like Andy in real life, but his youtube has devolved into one of these Vlogger/youtube personality type moneymaking machines where there is actually very little good footage happening, but more just filler stuff + Andy talking sarcastically just to put a video up every day (with a sensational title) to rake in the views. There's also this weird cult of personality stuff going on in his comments, and these kids are really getting way too into a few average park rats from Ohio.

A friend and I were talking about this exact topic a few days ago; you pretty much summed up my views on Schrock. He seems like a nice guy but his videos/product make me cringe a little.

Makaveli

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -606
« Reply #138 on: June 03, 2013, 12:14:43 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Just came to say that you guys should really support Andy Schrock's new company Revive! He is a local skater around here and a real cool and zany guy. His new company has a really cool image and not to mention a damn good name. He is a role model to me and acts like a real skater should!. I feel he deserves all the support he can get so if you guys could pick up some Revive product that would be awesome!
[close]

"....acts like a real skater should" -� You trollin' or are you just a fuckin' KOOK?
[close]
No I'm not a "fuckin' kook" and i'm not trolling. Yes he does act like a real skater should. See this is the reason I look up to Andy he doesn't talk down to people and he especially doesn't curse (which I highly respect). He has respect for the spots he skates and if he's asked to leave he will. That "skate and destroy" stuff is dumb and anyone with that mentality is just ignorant. I'm just trying to support someone I look up to.
[close]
You should take your bullshit somewhere else then. This is SLAP. We don't take kindly to shitfucks like you.
[close]
Do you have a problem with people being nice and respectful or something? This isn't bullshit either. I'm trying to promote a small company that contributes greatly to skateboarding and needs all the help it can get. Your attitude is exactly whats wrong with skateboarding these days, buddy.
[close]
I don't have a problem with being nice and respectful. I have a problem with shitheads that think being nice and respectful makes them better than someone. I'm generally a respectful person when people meet me, but if someone tries to tell me that I'm doing it all wrong and should stop being such a "bad person" when I curse or get smart with a security guard, then I am an asshole.

Also, this is the Internet. More specifically, this is SLAP. People can come on here anonymously and post whatever the fuck they want. Did you have high expectations and think that we would just lie down and accept this bullshit company with no questions asked while you suck the dick of Mr. Schrock so willfully? If so, you should pack your bags and focus your account before you dig yourself into a deeper mess.
[close]
I am not going to "focus my account" and I don't know where you got the idea that Andy thinks he is better than everyone because he clearly doesn't think that. How is ReVive in anyway a "bullshit" company? It is just as legitimate as other smaller companies coming up like Polar and Politic. I still don't get why you're so angry  ???

revive will never be as legit as polar or politic. that is a shame that you even said that.
I’m a ghost that everyone can see.

Spitfire4life

• Rep: -20
« Reply #139 on: June 04, 2013, 01:30:36 PM »
I don't hate Andy or anything, and to be honest, I am subscribed to him, but holy fuck this thread is hilarious.
If you take medical advice from this puddle of retards you are going to die.

thecrookiemonster

• Rep: -2
« Reply #140 on: June 04, 2013, 02:43:26 PM »
This a hillarious thread made by a stupid little fanboy that doesnt understand anything about skateboarding... yes have fun skating thats the point but dont force your bullshit fun down people throats on youtube, its just stupid and come on his products look like a regular 9 year old learned to use paint.

downsyder

• SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #141 on: June 08, 2013, 03:34:48 AM »

Thelonious P

• Rep: -12
  • BracknellMassif
« Reply #142 on: June 08, 2013, 04:59:31 AM »
OMG This thread is too much! It's so obviously Andy hahahahahah

MuchasGracias

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -140
« Reply #143 on: June 08, 2013, 05:46:25 AM »

hornyrick

« Reply #144 on: June 08, 2013, 05:58:40 AM »
the fuck.
Shredcast #22: Nyjah Huston is a Crybaby
not gonna lie, despite his overall lameness I fucks with those black ninja vids

dick wolf

• Rep: -7
« Reply #145 on: June 08, 2013, 12:50:22 PM »
I just watched this Andy Schrock guys footage.

Did he just ride into town and tie his horse up.

I've never seen such bow legs.

Spitfire4life

• Rep: -20
« Reply #146 on: June 08, 2013, 09:23:38 PM »
Has anyone realized he's gotten worse over the years?

2006: Andy Schrock - Youtube Skate Part

2012: Andy Schrock - 2012 Skate Park Part
If you take medical advice from this puddle of retards you are going to die.

wallieD

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -191
« Reply #147 on: June 08, 2013, 09:57:17 PM »
Has anyone realized he's gotten worse over the years?

2006: Andy Schrock - Youtube Skate Part

2012: Andy Schrock - 2012 Skate Park Part
the hollywood high footy is either a stunt double or try-hard andy saw a pro sk8a on the street and was so eager to impress him that he took his curb tricks straight to the 12 and 16 and got lucky

KUberry

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -130
« Reply #148 on: June 09, 2013, 10:51:35 PM »
I would rather give Jereme Rogers every dime to my name than watch another minute of this

MrMojoRising

• Rep: -23
« Reply #149 on: June 10, 2013, 01:10:18 PM »
I would rather give Jereme Rogers every dime to my name than watch another minute of this