Author Topic: Worst Music Commonly Used In Skate Videos  (Read 8583 times)

art hellman

• Trade Count: (+21)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1172
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
Re: Worst Music Commonly Used In Skate Videos
« Reply #60 on: July 08, 2013, 09:58:37 AM »
One of the best soundtracks in a skate vid was Eastern Exposure Zero. Start to finish,It was about as close to perfect as possible.
hardly art, hardly starving

stab

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -1
  • Jumping Beans is a cop
« Reply #61 on: July 08, 2013, 10:07:05 AM »
Expand Quote
One of the best soundtracks in a skate vid was photosynthesis. Start to finish,It was about as close to perfect as possible.
[close]

I didn't come here to dream or teach the world things;
define paradigms or curate no living days

gnidraobetaks

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 22
  • this is joab
« Reply #62 on: July 08, 2013, 10:46:54 AM »
all these rock songs where it goes "whoooooooooo heeeeeeeeeeeooooaaaaaaaaa  aaaaaaeeeeeoooooohhh"

stuff likes this makes me aggressive

me too man. that shit is annoying as hell. and it seems like once one person uses one of those kind of songs, every little grom kid puts it in their youtube videos. those noises have always reminded me of the first time i found my wiener.

Gotta manscape ... it's mandatory.

flapJack

• Rep: 30
  • if you want our remorse,turn your body to a corpse
« Reply #63 on: July 08, 2013, 11:44:14 AM »
I normally dont care too much if its edited well.
I love the Smiths, and Ive seen some shit parts edited to the wrong song.

JPCanada

• Rep: 0
« Reply #64 on: July 08, 2013, 02:01:01 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
1.)Queen Diamond
2.)Hank the Turd
3.)Random generic 70s soul songs(see new TWS video)
4.)Whatever the FUCK Sean Malto skated to in Pretty Sweet
[close]

I hate malto the way it is, and that song just drove my hatred further, the song Kenny Anderson/ whoever else was in his part used was bad too.
[close]

How can you hate Malto ? he hasnt done anything offensive at all . No controversial interviews , conflicts with any skater

He has good style , trick selection , goes big , super tech and skates tranny , street and contests

[close]

Would definitely not say he's super tech. I just cannot stand him, I have literally fallen asleep watching his video parts. He is a one trick pony, I've seen enough of his backside nose grinds, and over crooks. Not to mention, I cannot look at him without wanting to punch him, just the way he looks, he's what, 23? It seems like he purposely tries to look like he's 13. He is definitely a talented skater, but probably the most boring pro to watch.

He had one of the longer parts in pretty sweet and somehow he is a one trick pony?  Is it really that uncommon for a pro to have the same trick show up in his parts a few times?  There are 4 or 5 frontside flips in Drew's Baker 3 part.  Is Drew a one trick pony? 3 or 4 hardflips in Herman's Stay Gold part...same story?  Malto does everything in that part.  I commend the dude for getting that much footage while still living in the Midwest.  He has proven himself to be one of the nicest, humble people in skateboarding.  Sorry you can't get off on the way he "looks" man.

Fongstarr.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 315
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #65 on: July 08, 2013, 02:42:18 PM »
I think Malto's issues is more of his style. Call it robotic or super clean or whatever but it's right up there with even P-Rod. Something about their parts are just so bleh even though they do super hard ticks. Herman and Drew are different just cause their style just seems more appealing. It could be as simple as they have better pushes or they just stomp shit with authority but even though Herman and Reynolds do the same type of tricks, they get the pass just because of dumb shit like that.

I back Malto though. Pretty Sweet is his his best part imo and that overcrook he does on that rail that he 50-50 in the opening of the video was one of the craziest things ever.
I'll fuckin
I'll fuckin
sew your asshole closed, and keep feedin you
and feedin you, and feedin you, and feedin you!

Makaveli

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -607
« Reply #66 on: July 08, 2013, 03:38:56 PM »
malto and drew are both trash if you ask me. same trick different spot. herm dawg, same thing, but to do it as stoned as he is, thats some clout nigga.
I’m a ghost that everyone can see.

Yu Dum

« Reply #67 on: July 08, 2013, 03:43:52 PM »
malto and drew are both trash if you ask me. same trick different spot. herm dawg, same thing, but to do it as stoned as he is, thats some clout nigga.
You're off your fucking nut if you think Reynolds is trash.

mustardtiger

« Reply #68 on: July 08, 2013, 08:48:52 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
Nobodys gonna ask you then haha. Neither of them are trash though. Malto might be a bit robotic but still Reynolds? Naww

J.R.

• Rep: -38
« Reply #69 on: July 08, 2013, 08:51:09 PM »
This is the last song I downloaded from a skate video

Bronze 56k?

Makaveli

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -607
« Reply #70 on: July 08, 2013, 09:18:33 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]
Nobodys gonna ask you then haha. Neither of them are trash though. Malto might be a bit robotic but still Reynolds? Naww

first off, props on the tpb name.

segundo, when you've seen on reynolds part in the past ten years, you have seen them all. catch my fade?
I’m a ghost that everyone can see.

KOOL MIKE

« Reply #71 on: July 08, 2013, 09:23:59 PM »
you cannot deny herman and reynolds do theyre same old same old alot... but im not hating,  i hate the californian spots they skate the most. nothing against cali just get sick of those spots they always skate...

any of you fools seen happy medium 2!!!! holy fuck you just know the guy that picked them songs crys while he masterbates... first video i ever watched where the song choices made me dislike the actual video. a remix of that video would be sick. i actually much preffered that re edit of john motta with that funny old pop song ( i forget which one)

also all that shake junt style of rap them fools use, i think you call it southern style rap, i wouldnt classify it as a part of hip hop.

imgne

« Reply #72 on: July 08, 2013, 10:57:28 PM »
you cannot deny herman and reynolds do theyre same old same old alot... but im not hating,  i hate the californian spots they skate the most. nothing against cali just get sick of those spots they always skate...

any of you fools seen happy medium 2!!!! holy fuck you just know the guy that picked them songs crys while he masterbates... first video i ever watched where the song choices made me dislike the actual video. a remix of that video would be sick. i actually much preffered that re edit of john motta with that funny old pop song ( i forget which one)

also all that shake junt style of rap them fools use, i think you call it southern style rap, i wouldnt classify it as a part of hip hop.

;)

mustardtiger

« Reply #73 on: July 09, 2013, 11:07:55 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]
[close]

first off, props on the tpb name.

segundo, when you've seen on reynolds part in the past ten years, you have seen them all. catch my fade?

Haha thanks. Yeah yeah I catch your fade. That shit is just so appealing though, at least in my opinion.

The Ghost of Lenny Kirk

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -146
« Reply #74 on: July 09, 2013, 11:29:36 AM »
malto peaked with his transworld part and its been downhill since then.

KOOL MIKE

« Reply #75 on: July 09, 2013, 06:59:39 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

;)

Haha thats the one

NickDagger

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -32
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #76 on: July 09, 2013, 07:08:22 PM »
I really don't understand how someone could dislike Reynolds. Even if stairs and gaps aren't your thing, he's killed it so hard for so long and somehow stayed out of all the kooky shit all the other high profile dudes got into. Seems like a skaters-skater.
"DIS YA BOI NICK DAGGAL" -Arto Saari

KOOL MIKE

« Reply #77 on: July 09, 2013, 07:15:02 PM »
I really don't understand how someone could dislike Reynolds. Even if stairs and gaps aren't your thing, he's killed it so hard for so long and somehow stayed out of all the kooky shit all the other high profile dudes got into. Seems like a skaters-skater.

I agree with you, but ge definitely was doing all that kooky shit at a point in his life,, but i guess its just human nature to be a douche bag

TheBelafonte

« Reply #78 on: July 09, 2013, 10:08:03 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Sooooo.... What's the best music?
[close]

MJ skating to Bowie was pretty sick.  Most MJ parts, really.
[close]
Arto double Bowie part is the best!

so true, editing to really good music instead of tricks going to simple hip hop beats where it falls into place, put down the sizzurp and get a taste in music for fuck sake