Author Topic: Fila skateboarding  (Read 25201 times)

TwisT

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1071
Re: Fila skateboarding
« Reply #60 on: January 18, 2018, 07:53:31 AM »

Jared

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 59
  • Die Slow
« Reply #61 on: January 18, 2018, 08:48:33 AM »
Those shoes are just Kmart quality ripoffs of the Reebok workout lows.

harrison ford invented the first car, in America

nino brown

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -1416
  • only nerds kook people
« Reply #62 on: January 18, 2018, 02:07:23 PM »
Id fuck with fila if they came back in the game.. sewa doesnt make them look cool tho so i dont see this working again. Awful attempt to start

filas last long time and skate well

DM

• Rep: 25
« Reply #63 on: January 20, 2018, 12:33:33 PM »

Level 80 Undead Warlock

• Rep: -85
« Reply #64 on: January 20, 2018, 12:35:55 PM »
I skated Stackhouse 1s back in the 90s so fuck it, bring em back.
HYPOCRITE.

Budgie Lasek

« Reply #65 on: January 20, 2018, 01:59:30 PM »
Those shoes are just Kmart quality ripoffs of the Reebok workout lows.

I've never had a pair of the Fila Original Fitness (the shoe Sewas skating), are they worse quality than the Reebok Workouts? Those 2 shoes were practically neck and neck in the 90's as far as being rocked by skaters - Dill had the classic switch crook photo wearing the common navy colorway of the Filas, and Kareem's KCK was almost a stitch for stitch copy of the Workout Low Plus. Those DGK versions of the Filas looked dope.

KakariKato

• Rep: 0
  • Fuq
« Reply #66 on: May 15, 2019, 10:30:57 AM »
Two days ago i was in one shitty shop called Deichmann, cuz my friend wanted some cheap and simple shoes to work (he is waiter) and i saw this massive toe cap with extra grip bumps, high protective heel with bumps too and ripp of waffle sole, what seems to be little bit higher duro compare to other (4example Vans).. Toe cap is really good and i will buy them for sure, cuz for 25€ it seems to have incredible durabilty and maybe they will skate great too, if i will put own insoles in it.. Only thing that im little bit scared is outsole, cuz it seems to be hard (so it hasnt too much grip) and maybe worn out fast, but look at these guys wtf.. I know, it is canvas, but some shoe goo or piece of suede from old shoes sticked to ollie spot is a way
« Last Edit: May 15, 2019, 10:33:17 AM by KakariKato »
Credit carded hole is not fun okay?

farisskates

• Rep: 1
« Reply #67 on: May 15, 2019, 10:44:07 AM »
Two days ago i was in one shitty shop called Deichmann, cuz my friend wanted some cheap and simple shoes to work (he is waiter) and i saw this massive toe cap with extra grip bumps, high protective heel with bumps too and ripp of waffle sole, what seems to be little bit higher duro compare to other (4example Vans).. Toe cap is really good and i will buy them for sure, cuz for 25€ it seems to have incredible durabilty and maybe they will skate great too, if i will put own insoles in it.. Only thing that im little bit scared is outsole, cuz it seems to be hard (so it hasnt too much grip) and maybe worn out fast, but look at these guys wtf.. I know, it is canvas, but some shoe goo or piece of suede from old shoes sticked to ollie spot is a way
Looks like the Chima 2

hotstudios_on_youtube

• Rep: -65
  • ???
« Reply #68 on: May 18, 2019, 06:32:16 PM »
a fila girls skate program could do some damage IMO

PatrickSkateman

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -210
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #69 on: May 18, 2019, 07:22:15 PM »
Their shoes have always been great to skate in.
2022 Slap Fantasy Football Champion

jakeumms

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1314
  • Runnin through the house with a pickle in my mouth
« Reply #70 on: May 18, 2019, 08:18:33 PM »
No offense but those black and white Fila's look like any number of fake skate shoes I see at Ross all the time. Those white joints that Sewa was wearing last year look cool though.
them cats are out getting mashed up to jungle, he's out mashing up jungle cats. it's just not gonna work.

Leaky McBurnside

• Rep: 10
« Reply #71 on: May 18, 2019, 09:22:04 PM »
so FILA has less right to be in skateboarding than say Nike,Adidas,Converse and NB?

Nag Champa

• Rep: -29
« Reply #72 on: May 18, 2019, 09:51:45 PM »
wouldn't.

whorific

• Rep: -169
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
« Reply #73 on: May 18, 2019, 11:22:17 PM »
I just went on their site and it's like going back in time. All their shoes look like it comes from 1998 still.

With that being said, I can see these shoes turned into skate shoes. Hell....if NB is doing it, why not these chumps.

Got some NB brighten 244's cause a sale and there were all suede fuckers held up better than most anything I've ever owned cept maybe e'S accel OG's, So I did it again with some 345's shit's good.
" I did not say this I am not here"

MexicanSpaniard

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 694
  • S&H
« Reply #74 on: May 19, 2019, 07:47:19 AM »
I don't want to skate Italian shoes, is their leather really that much better? no.

I.C. Weiner

• Rep: -7
« Reply #75 on: May 19, 2019, 08:26:14 AM »
if Fila make a skate shoe before I get a Rebook Club C skate shoe I'll be disappointed

PatrickSkateman

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #76 on: May 19, 2019, 08:52:13 AM »
They don’t have to officially be deemed “skate” to be good skate shoes. Some of the best shoes for skating weren’t.

Tennis shoes from Marshall’s and Ross were and still are the move.

Skateboard Shuffle

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Rep: 136
« Reply #77 on: May 19, 2019, 08:53:01 AM »
Rock my Adidas. Never rock Fila.

PatrickSkateman

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #78 on: May 19, 2019, 09:09:13 AM »
Expand Quote
They don’t have to officially be deemed “skate” to be good skate shoes. Some of the best shoes for skating weren’t.

Tennis shoes from Marshall’s and Ross were and still are the move.
[close]
That's the trend I'd be more interested in seeing - although I don't care for the Hypebeast "look how I'm ruining these expensive sneakers because I'm such a rich rebel" thing.

It’s not really a trend, it’s just what myself and lots of other kids who grew up skating in the 90’s had to do. We didn’t have the money to throw at multiple pairs of Etnies Sal’s or DC’s.

I skated so many pairs of leather Nike GTS and Adidas Superstars because they were cheaper at Marshall’s or Sports Authority.

theSketchLord

• Rep: 41
    • https://images.scribblelive.com/2021/1/4/ca9a0ca8-586d-41e3-ad94-131825707ea0.gif avatar image
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #79 on: May 19, 2019, 09:21:13 AM »
I'd wear LA Gear if they were those Michael Jackson ones with the buckles and shite all over them.
Or a nice pair of SPX.
"Broke the tail, like a well oiled snail"

Cool Ceith

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 614
  • Did someone say sassy?
« Reply #80 on: May 19, 2019, 06:03:32 PM »
Personally, I'd rather spend a little more on skate shoes designed for skating (with all the mind-numbing technical jargon listed in most product descriptions) than take a chance on something cheaper/more accessible. I've just had too many bad experiences with subpar shoes—falling apart, feeling uncomfortable, or just straight-up injuring my feet somehow.

PatrickSkateman

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #81 on: May 19, 2019, 06:28:03 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Personally, I'd rather spend a little more on skate shoes designed for skating (with all the mind-numbing technical jargon listed in most product descriptions) than take a chance on something cheaper/more accessible. I've just had too many bad experiences with subpar shoes—falling apart, feeling uncomfortable, or just straight-up injuring my feet somehow.
[close]
There are a few that are intelligently designed, but most "skate shoes" are horribly designed in the most basic sense of being shoes. Vans and Chucks are definitely shit, as are must vulcanized shoes that have no arch support. The average court shoe is going to be every bit as good or better than about 95% of things called "skate shoes" on the market. As I say, there are exceptions, but they are definitely exceptions rather than the norm.
[close]

I came really close to buying a pair of Air Jordan IV’s to skate in a few weeks ago. That shoe has everything I need: cushioning, ankle support, and a wider toe box. I’d gladly drop the $190 for that.

One of the best non-skate shoes I’ve ever used was the Nike Flight ‘89. I wish they still made those.

I also loved skating the original Nike McEnroe Challenge Courts. The “skate” version was garbage, but the originals were so good.

MexicanSpaniard

• SLAP Pal
  • S&H
« Reply #82 on: May 19, 2019, 08:09:30 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
There are a few that are intelligently designed, but most "skate shoes" are horribly designed in the most basic sense of being shoes. Vans and Chucks are definitely shit, as are must vulcanized shoes that have no arch support. The average court shoe is going to be every bit as good or better than about 95% of things called "skate shoes" on the market. As I say, there are exceptions, but they are definitely exceptions rather than the norm.
[close]

I came really close to buying a pair of Air Jordan IV’s to skate in a few weeks ago. That shoe has everything I need: cushioning, ankle support, and a wider toe box. I’d gladly drop the $190 for that.

One of the best non-skate shoes I’ve ever used was the Nike Flight ‘89. I wish they still made those.

I also loved skating the original Nike McEnroe Challenge Courts. The “skate” version was garbage, but the originals were so good.

[close]

McEnroe pro model? you mean stan smith with john on the insole?

PatrickSkateman

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #83 on: May 19, 2019, 08:21:06 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

[close]
[close]

No, these:

https://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/index.php?threads/nike-reissue-mcenroe-challenge-court-mid-not-skate-version-pics.446423/#lg=_xfUid-1-1558322399&slide=0

MexicanSpaniard

• SLAP Pal
  • S&H
« Reply #84 on: May 19, 2019, 08:26:56 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

[close]
[close]

[close]

No, these:

https://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/index.php?threads/nike-reissue-mcenroe-challenge-court-mid-not-skate-version-pics.446423/#lg=_xfUid-1-1558322399&slide=0

gross those are nikes, since my futbol days adidas has been better than nike

PatrickSkateman

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #85 on: May 19, 2019, 08:30:18 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

[close]
[close]

[close]

No, these:

[close]

I play tennis. Nike has always been better than Adidas when it comes to tennis.

As far as non-skate shoes for skating, the leather Nike GTS and the Adidas Stan Smith’s always looked good and skated well.

gaunt

• Rep: 104
« Reply #86 on: May 19, 2019, 09:02:45 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

[close]
[close]

[close]

No, these:

[close]

[close]

I play tennis. Nike has always been better than Adidas when it comes to tennis.

As far as non-skate shoes for skating, the leather Nike GTS and the Adidas Stan Smith’s always looked good and skated well.

i know these probably aren't the adidas stan smith model's you are referring to but I found a pair of these in my size at Ross or some shitty department store like that back when i was like 15 and they skated pretty well. i made the mistake of trying to ollie over this pretty gnarly rail-to-drop spot to get a photo and ended up bruising my heels so bad it took me out for almost 2 months. think i stopped wearing them after one of the older Pulaski heads started clowning on me for my 'ronald mcdonald clown shoes' at the session later lol

KakariKato

• Rep: 0
  • Fuq
« Reply #87 on: May 22, 2019, 01:19:10 AM »
No offense but those black and white Fila's look like any number of fake skate shoes I see at Ross all the time. Those white joints that Sewa was wearing last year look cool though.
Yea a seen many "Vans like" walmart shoes but only this one has really nice and grippy rubber.. For 25€ what is less than 30$, this is really good one minute solution.. In our city there's no real skateshop, only e-shops from all around the country and when fp footwear will arrive to our country, i will be so stoked and throw this pair under my bed xD
Credit carded hole is not fun okay?

xandeo

• Rep: 6
« Reply #88 on: May 22, 2019, 01:38:17 AM »
A bit late on this comment as we're already on the 4th page, but those grey low Filas look sick - the sole and the upper remind me of MC's Staple.

gaunting

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 186
« Reply #89 on: May 22, 2019, 10:35:28 PM »
if Fila make a skate shoe before I get a Rebook Club C skate shoe I'll be disappointed

been wanting a pair of these lately, after seeing mike Arnold shred in the tennis ball colored ones. 🎾
This has me cracking up, what exactly does Black Flag have to do with measuring your dick starting behind ya nuts?

Skateboarding is nothing but a game to find the right fits to appear like you're a proportional human being instead of a midget or a giant.