Author Topic: Hardcore Thread  (Read 191124 times)

Life Fast Johnny

Re: Hardcore Thread
« Reply #30 on: July 30, 2013, 03:32:38 PM »
is anyone going to TIHC?

i have a ticket for Saturday but im still unsure if im going to go

Just can't get stoked on the line up this year.  We passed.

xeric716x

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 0
« Reply #31 on: July 31, 2013, 09:22:22 AM »
Expand Quote
is anyone going to TIHC?

i have a ticket for Saturday but im still unsure if im going to go
[close]

Just can't get stoked on the line up this year.?  We passed.

i missed Judge in NY and couldnt miss seeing All Out War again. Saturday is really the only good day

scorpion1001

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 40
  • All Hail Carroll
« Reply #32 on: July 31, 2013, 09:01:26 PM »
listened to this for the fourth time in the past 24 hours, i can't wait for this record
Touch? Amor? "Just Exist"

garbage plate

• Rep: 34
« Reply #33 on: August 02, 2013, 10:47:21 AM »
pretty siked on seeing negative approach today

www.youtube.com/watch?v=EeMpoip0lSA

xeric716x

« Reply #34 on: August 02, 2013, 01:40:04 PM »

show was almost moved to Buffalo because of some bullshit with the Bugjar. my boy was going to hook it up if shit fell through

garbage plate

• Rep: 34
« Reply #35 on: August 02, 2013, 02:18:41 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

show was almost moved to Buffalo because of some bullshit with the Bugjar. my boy was going to hook it up if shit fell through

that bar's a fucking joke. glad they found a spot for the show though.

ToLiveaLie

• Rep: -1
« Reply #36 on: August 05, 2013, 01:28:22 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

that bar's a fucking joke. glad they found a spot for the show though.

They fucking killed it at AmRep fest, despite the lame ass barrier in front of the stage and the fact that you couldn't understand anything he was singing. John's still a fucking animal.

Anyhow, a friend got me into the Killed By Death Comps recently. Some nerd in Sweden started putting them out to release some underrated Punk/Hardcore jams, and now random people from all over put them out, varying in quality. The Freeze, The Chiefs, and Really Red are pretty well known, but there are some gems on this guy.

KILLED BY DEATH 2 Comp MORE AMAZING RARE Early PUNK VINYL LP Rip OMGZ

Life Fast Johnny

« Reply #37 on: August 11, 2013, 07:40:04 AM »
To finish up my vegan metal post series, I'm throwing a couple of bands from PA on.

First up is Canon, who were mind melters in the early wave around '94-'95 and typical of the genre up until that point.

"The Solution" (Full Album) - Canon

Finally I will throw the legendary Abnegation in.  Second only to Day of Suffering I think in militancy and just outright Morbid Angel worshiping vegan destruction.  This release had everything, from overdubbed samples to religiously themed artwork.  If anybody remembers the "Ceremony of Fire" and "Stones to Mark the Fire" comps, this was on those.

abnegation - hopes of harmony

Also this track from their split with Chapter is another killer, albeit roughly mixed.

Abnegation - Blanket Of Black

xeric716x

« Reply #38 on: August 12, 2013, 10:26:15 AM »
Nails and All Out War wrecked the place.

Judge was cool, started off awesome, got boring for a bit and then they ended pretty tight

Bobby Peru

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 615
    • Community Push avatar image
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #39 on: August 12, 2013, 10:43:59 PM »
Live Fast Johnny, I'm impressed by your 90s nerdery. You seem to have a lot of +/- Records in your collection.

DISTANT RUMOURS

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 394
« Reply #40 on: August 13, 2013, 03:41:38 AM »
Well i saw some 90's and 80,s bands this weekend.

CULTURE: was kind of ok, nothing more nothing less. It was fine, john from morning again really really put on some pounds. He was never skinny to begin with, but damn.

INTEGRITY: Really cool show, but the crowd response was pretty poor

CATHARSIS: When i was younger I was never that into them, but man, this was something else. the crowd response was amazing, amazing vocals, musically also really impressive

CRO-MAGS: JJ was into it, a lot of classic songs and a bad brains cover. Band was really tight was well.

BLACK FLAG: was ... i have no words to describe it... it was just awful. band played the songs at half the speed, vocals were off, drummer was bad... and wordt of all: MIKE V was acting like some security tuff guy and was pushing people off stage... damn.

Wizard Fuck

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 23
« Reply #41 on: August 13, 2013, 09:39:37 AM »
I've seen Catharsis a few times since they've reunited and they still kill it live. All Out war was nuts this weekend, best band for sure.
Also I've been listening to Morning Again all morning.

MORNING AGAIN - AS TRADITION DIES SLOWLY

The answer is Dutch Masters, you fat fucking catastrophe.

Life Fast Johnny

« Reply #42 on: August 13, 2013, 02:39:51 PM »
Live Fast Johnny, I'm impressed by your 90s nerdery. You seem to have a lot of +/- Records in your collection.

Hey thanks man!  I'm glad other posters dig on this stuff too.

I was a HUGE +/- fan back in the day and was friends with Andy.  I saw Earthmover a ton, including shows in Ann Arbor and Detroit while I was living in Clevo.  Lost touch with him but still see Len every couple of years online.  I really dig that Poison Tongues thing he did a year or two ago.

All Out war was nuts this weekend, best band for sure. ]

That's awesome.  I anxiously await the footage.  I really hope they do at least a few more dates.  Hardcore needs them.

Bobby Peru

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 615
    • Community Push avatar image
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #43 on: August 14, 2013, 05:36:01 PM »
On Andy and Len, Have you heard Nightbringer? To clarify, I'm from Michigan and the +/- Records collection is some of the stuff I glorified while growing up. The Earthmover reunion show a couple years back is one of my favorite shows I've been to in recent years.

Earthmover - A Commitment to Murder

I'm jealous of you guys who have gone to the Catharsis reunion shows.
« Last Edit: August 14, 2013, 05:42:01 PM by Bobby Peru »

Wizard Fuck

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #44 on: August 15, 2013, 06:37:11 AM »
Here's one All Out War video
All Out War - Resist (This is Hardcore)

Also for those that don't know, a guy films all of the bands at TIH (including many others) and will be putting them up over the next few weeks at hate5six.com
« Last Edit: August 15, 2013, 06:40:43 AM by Wizard Fuck »

Wizard Fuck

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #45 on: August 15, 2013, 06:41:39 AM »
He also posts videos from the A389 bash where I saw Catharsis and Left For Dead's first shows back
http://hate5six.com/player.php?album=2230164

friendly dave

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 719
  • grinding to a halt
    • grindingtoahalt avatar image
Because you can't kill and idea, and we will not be ruled!

the visuals are also mad visual yo
FTW

Life Fast Johnny

« Reply #47 on: August 18, 2013, 06:49:48 AM »
On Andy and Len, Have you heard Nightbringer? To clarify, I'm from Michigan and the +/- Records collection is some of the stuff I glorified while growing up. The Earthmover reunion show a couple years back is one of my favorite shows I've been to in recent years.

I hadn't heard Nightbringer but I am digging it now.  A little more rock than I expected but its cool.  Check out Len's other project if you haven't, http://poisontongues.bandcamp.com/.  It is way more in the vein of Earthmover/Detroit HC.  "Toughen Up" and "Yesterday Can Go To Hell" are the soundtrack to my cardio hammers, haha.

He also posts videos from the A389 bash where I saw Catharsis and Left For Dead's first shows back
http://hate5six.com/player.php?album=2230164

The Left for Dead footage he posted is amazing.  LFD were actually tighter in reunion format than the original.

Cold as Life - Born to Land Hard

The realest record from the realest band ever.  Gnarliest shows and dudes in history.  Cannot be faded.

shredbuffalo

• Rep: -43
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #48 on: August 19, 2013, 05:50:45 PM »
To finish up my vegan metal post series, I'm throwing a couple of bands from PA on.

First up is Canon, who were mind melters in the early wave around '94-'95 and typical of the genre up until that point.

"The Solution" (Full Album) - Canon

Finally I will throw the legendary Abnegation in.  Second only to Day of Suffering I think in militancy and just outright Morbid Angel worshiping vegan destruction.  This release had everything, from overdubbed samples to religiously themed artwork.  If anybody remembers the "Ceremony of Fire" and "Stones to Mark the Fire" comps, this was on those.

abnegation - hopes of harmony

Also this track from their split with Chapter is another killer, albeit roughly mixed.

Abnegation - Blanket Of Black

WOW!!! I was surprised when I opened this thread tonight and saw Abnegation here...As you can see from my username I'm from Buffalo and our scene had a really good relationship with the Erie P.A. scene back in the day. The singer of Abnegation, Iggy, is still one of the people that I have the most love for from days deep in HC scene and I still keep in contact with him. He actually owned a skate shop out there for a few years that went out of business in 2012 sadly.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2013, 05:52:20 PM by shredbuffalo »

shredbuffalo

• Rep: -43
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #49 on: August 19, 2013, 06:03:18 PM »

Life Fast Johnny

« Reply #50 on: August 19, 2013, 06:44:10 PM »
Holy shit.  The A389 show this year!!!

http://instagram.com/p/dM4RWJPeW3

Systems Overload lineup Integrity!!!  I swore I would never see Integrity again unless the Melnicks came back and they actually are for one night.  Requesting leave for this tomorrow.

« Last Edit: August 19, 2013, 06:47:52 PM by Live Fast Johnny »

Frank

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1429
  • daddy bought you a pony
« Reply #51 on: August 20, 2013, 04:50:20 PM »
check out this ep by the band reaper's path. pretty cool although i'm usually not too much into this style

http://www.mediafire.com/?9vyeba8gxo9mdwe

this might fit into the metal or sludge thread as well but i felt it would be equally appreciated in here:

PLANKS - The Darkes Of Grays [FULL ALBUM]

xeric716x

« Reply #52 on: August 22, 2013, 09:03:31 AM »
Holy shit. ? The A389 show this year!!!

http://instagram.com/p/dM4RWJPeW3

Systems Overload lineup Integrity!!!?  I swore I would never see Integrity again unless the Melnicks came back and they actually are for one night. ? Requesting leave for this tomorrow.

im for sure going to this

StabMasterArson

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 774
« Reply #53 on: August 22, 2013, 09:28:10 AM »
Its so rad that people are still stoked on Negative Approach. John lives in my neighborhood and all I can say is that man loves to drink. A few weeks back I ran into him at the bar and it seems like he feels under appreciated. He was bitching about bands like Sick of it All selling branded socks for 30 dollars while they still sell merch for reasonable prices. It also didn't stop them from charging me 1,500 to play a free show fundraiser two miles from where they all live. They are playing Tesco fest this weekend with the Dwarves, and I'm bummed I can't make i can't make it. Always a good show.

Life Fast Johnny

« Reply #54 on: August 25, 2013, 06:42:23 AM »
Sticking with the theme of Erie, PA hardcore for a minute, I feel like I need to post something from one of my all time favorite bands from up there.  Shockwave had like the BEST guitar tones ever.  xDisciple A.Dx., who they shared members with, were close, but Shockwave just maximized them.  Plus how can you go wrong with basing your entire band around the Decepticons?  Its amazing how well this stuff holds up today.

The Ultimate Doom by Shockwave

xDisciple A.D.x were an earlier band that sort of split the fence between the Straightedge and religious HC scenes.  They were always extremely nice dudes and like Shockwave, benefited greatly from those distinctive Quiggle guitar tones.   Their sound generally stayed closer to the Slayer/vegan metal type vibe than did Shockwave.  Guitarist Dave Quiggle eventually went on to do art work for every band on Earth at least once, and continues to do tattoo flash and illustration.

xdisciplex ad - swordpath

And just to prove I don't like entirely in the past, here's Human Animal, a new Erie band fronted by EMS and consisting of members of pretty much every other old Erie band, haha.  Love their sound though.  Way more traditionally HC than their previous projects but retaining some killer breakdowns.

HUMAN ANIMAL - SWINE FLU (OFFICIAL HD VERSION)

You can download their S/T EP on their website for free here:  http://www.humananimal814.com/

friendly dave

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 719
  • grinding to a halt
    • grindingtoahalt avatar image
« Reply #55 on: August 26, 2013, 05:03:12 PM »
Fuck. I had totally forgotten about Shockwave. That was awesome. This should probably go in the guilty pleasures thread, but whatever.
Icepick - Real recognizes real
Because you can't kill and idea, and we will not be ruled!

the visuals are also mad visual yo
FTW

Conor Thunderson

« Reply #56 on: August 28, 2013, 05:29:01 AM »
No hardcore thread would be complete without 90's hardcore's black eye, krishnacore.what more can i say, either you had tulsi neck beads and a copy of the bhagavad-gita in your backpack and you know what im talking about, or you were too busy pretending to be madball.

The post could actually start and end here: Deathbed by 108

Run Devil Run - closing in

Enemy by Prema

In defense of reality - shelter
« Last Edit: August 28, 2013, 05:39:12 AM by Conor Thunderson »

_aminal

• Rep: -8
  • win some, lose most.
« Reply #57 on: August 28, 2013, 09:08:25 AM »
straight edge is for pussies, but i back this band.

xFilesx - Longboards are Wrongboards

Ed's impossibles are like gonzs kickflips....

Wizard Fuck

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #58 on: August 28, 2013, 07:30:21 PM »

scorpion1001

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 40
  • All Hail Carroll
« Reply #59 on: August 28, 2013, 09:24:52 PM »
homeys, i wanna start listening to weekend nachos but i dont wanna be the guy that only knows the new album.  where do you guys recommend i start? unless i should just go for the whole discog