Author Topic: Hardcore Thread  (Read 191160 times)

IcanthelpitImfromMilwaukee

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 6
Re: Hardcore Thread
« Reply #240 on: June 15, 2016, 08:33:49 PM »
kind of funny that PV is having somewhat of a revival at the moment.
Spazz were the best to ever do it though ;)
FALSE
Crossed Out - He-Man
Despise You - Pig Mindset [FULL EP]
(Don't get me wrong, I love Spazz)

French manicure

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 238
« Reply #241 on: June 15, 2016, 08:34:20 PM »
Another Chicago Powerviolence band breaking up, Sea of Shit.

Sea Of Shit at The Dustbowl (6/9/13)
This show was at a sick DIY Skatepark in Madison called the Dustbowl a few years ago w/ homies Sick Tired (w/ Adam, formerly of Weekend Nachos) Milorganaut (who need to play some shows and record more shit), Lifes, and Mellow Harsher (locals, who are also unfortunately breaking up).

Don't know if you know this or not, but Robby Komen of Sea of Shit is a skateboarder too!

HATED SKATES - FUCK LIFE
Robby Komen - Stay Down

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 76
  • We're just 2 lo(b)s(t)ers sitting behind a screen
« Reply #242 on: June 15, 2016, 09:50:11 PM »
(Don't get me wrong, I love Spazz)

Sure it's debatable but when I think power violence (along with ridiculous lyrics and in jokes), Spazz is the first band that comes to mind.
Let's all take a moment to listen to Possessed to Skate Comp that 625 put out and reminisce about the good old days 

Impish sausage is definitely gonna blow up as a euphemism this year

Grind King Rims

« Reply #243 on: June 16, 2016, 01:57:13 PM »
I don't know why, but Spazz were always one of the classic pv bands that never clicked with me. Don't ask me why, but I'll take no comment, despise you, man is the bastard, crossed out or infest over spazz. Granted, I haven't given them a fair chance half as much as I should.

Listened to the new release from The Bug a whole bunch over the last day or two. It's brilliant. Ralph, the singer from Raw Nerve, for those who don't know. I haven't a clue who else is in the band, tbh.
https://notnormaltapes.bandcamp.com/album/nnt-069-the-bug-room-44-sessions

Also I really like Laffing Gas. I want them to release something new.
laffing gas

I would love to do vocals for a really fast band with relatively clean/fuzzy guitar/bass tone. Something between Failures and a bloomington/midwest laffing gas sound.

Grampa

• Rep: 143
« Reply #244 on: June 16, 2016, 02:52:13 PM »
I don't know why, but Spazz were always one of the classic pv bands that never clicked with me. Don't ask me why, but I'll take no comment, despise you, man is the bastard, crossed out or infest over spazz. Granted, I haven't given them a fair chance half as much as I should.

Listened to the new release from The Bug a whole bunch over the last day or two. It's brilliant. Ralph, the singer from Raw Nerve, for those who don't know. I haven't a clue who else is in the band, tbh.

laffing gas

I would love to do vocals for a really fast band with relatively clean/fuzzy guitar/bass tone. Something between Failures and a bloomington/midwest laffing gas sound.

Had no idea The Bug had new release out. Thanks for the tip. Saw them play a house show a earlier in the year and they were good, but way too loud. Couldn't hear vocals or drums at all and it just destroyed my ears. Had I not already owned and listened to their demo(?) I probably would've dismissed them pretty quickly.

Regarding powerviolence: To me, Spazz were the greatest. They had a sense of humor at a time when everyone was taking themselves WAY too seriously. I didn't discover them until about a year before they broke up, so I never had a chance to see them, but they inspired me to get some drums and start a powerviolence band with some friends in 2000. We fucking loved them.

Glue Reed

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 159
« Reply #245 on: June 17, 2016, 07:44:38 AM »
Expand Quote

laffing gas

[close]

Had no idea The Bug had new release out. Thanks for the tip. Saw them play a house show a earlier in the year and they were good, but way too loud. Couldn't hear vocals or drums at all and it just destroyed my ears. Had I not already owned and listened to their demo(?) I probably would've dismissed them pretty quickly.

Regarding powerviolence: To me, Spazz were the greatest. They had a sense of humor at a time when everyone was taking themselves WAY too seriously. I didn't discover them until about a year before they broke up, so I never had a chance to see them, but they inspired me to get some drums and start a powerviolence band with some friends in 2000. We fucking loved them.

Funny reading this as I just downloaded The Bug Room 44 tape a few days ago.... I dig it.  I like when noise wiggles itself into hardcore... I had no idea it was the guy from Raw Nerve, they were rad too.  Just don't over-produce your LP and sound like Iron Lung (cool guys, just not a fan).

To me powerviolence pretty much starts and ends with Spazz, defintely #1 with Charles Bronson a close second (one could say Infest but I've always considered them hardcore... more of a proto-powerviolence).  Like said above, the sense of humor made them a cut above, screaming about wrestling and breakfast toast while everybody else was doing the whole corny political/Gilman thing.  The first track of La Revancha (with the intro) is the ultimate "crush kill destroy" track. 

I never saw them, but my good friend saw their final show at Gilman and said it was utter and complete mayhem:

SPAZZ - 12/02/00 @ 924 Gilman St, Berkeley, CA - FULL SET

another PV band I always loved but never see mentioned is the Indianapolis band Ice Nine.  I have a few of their 7" and love them... powerviolence but kinda noisy/disjointed.  A big influence on a band I was doing for awhile. I used to describe them as Pussy Galore does powerviolence:

Ice Nine - Tumbleweed (from the split with Charles Bronson)
Ice Nine - One Would Think (from split with Charles Bronson)

Grampa

« Reply #246 on: June 17, 2016, 02:26:51 PM »
Damn, that Ice Nine stuff is killer. The Pussy Galore comparison is pretty on point, musically it reminds me a bit of Cold Sweat as well.

Continuing with the PV discussion, I repurchased the Locust/MITB split that I once had in high school, and I actually really like the Locust side of it. Its pretty fucking raw PV, with primitive synth sounds just sprinkled in. Nothing like what the Locust turned into.

« Reply #247 on: June 17, 2016, 07:20:48 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

laffing gas

[close]

[close]

Funny reading this as I just downloaded The Bug Room 44 tape a few days ago.... I dig it.  I like when noise wiggles itself into hardcore... I had no idea it was the guy from Raw Nerve, they were rad too.  Just don't over-produce your LP and sound like Iron Lung (cool guys, just not a fan).

To me powerviolence pretty much starts and ends with Spazz, defintely #1 with Charles Bronson a close second (one could say Infest but I've always considered them hardcore... more of a proto-powerviolence).  Like said above, the sense of humor made them a cut above, screaming about wrestling and breakfast toast while everybody else was doing the whole corny political/Gilman thing.  The first track of La Revancha (with the intro) is the ultimate "crush kill destroy" track. 

I never saw them, but my good friend saw their final show at Gilman and said it was utter and complete mayhem:

another PV band I always loved but never see mentioned is the Indianapolis band Ice Nine.  I have a few of their 7" and love them... powerviolence but kinda noisy/disjointed.  A big influence on a band I was doing for awhile. I used to describe them as Pussy Galore does powerviolence:

No disrespect, but what power violence bands were singing about "corny political/Gilman" things? Power violence was the shit that people who pump your gas played, miserable and hopeless. I've always hated Bronson. I'm know a couple of the dudes who played with them at various times and they're cool, by Mark was always such a self righteous prick, in a subtle way (if that makes any sense) which made it even more obnoxious. Straight Edge Power Violence=Nazi Hip-Hop. Props on the Ice Nine mention though. More Midwest:
Apartment 213 - Vacancy 7" [1994]

Glue Reed

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #248 on: June 18, 2016, 06:15:49 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

laffing gas

[close]

[close]

[close]
No disrespect, but what power violence bands were singing about "corny political/Gilman" things? Power violence was the shit that people who pump your gas played, miserable and hopeless. I've always hated Bronson. I'm know a couple of the dudes who played with them at various times and they're cool, by Mark was always such a self righteous prick, in a subtle way (if that makes any sense) which made it even more obnoxious. Straight Edge Power Violence=Nazi Hip-Hop. Props on the Ice Nine mention though. More Midwest:

Hmmm what did I mean by that?....  I guess here in the Bay Area, it seemed to me (I wasn't huge into the scene so I'm totally generalizing) that the majority of PV bands were of that political/angry/PC angle.  It had the b&w war photos/Maximum R'n'R approved lyrics/straight edge/all black clothing..  it was more Berkeley than Oakland if you know what I mean.  At least that was one side of it.. the other side I dug was the chaotic-energy-overload bands like Spazz, Romantic Gorilla or CB. 

Maybe I'm not even talking about powerviolence but more of that east bay hardcore that was running parallel to that scene.

« Reply #249 on: June 18, 2016, 03:33:54 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

laffing gas

[close]

[close]

[close]
[close]

Hmmm what did I mean by that?....  I guess here in the Bay Area, it seemed to me (I wasn't huge into the scene so I'm totally generalizing) that the majority of PV bands were of that political/angry/PC angle.  It had the b&w war photos/Maximum R'n'R approved lyrics/straight edge/all black clothing..  it was more Berkeley than Oakland if you know what I mean.  At least that was one side of it.. the other side I dug was the chaotic-energy-overload bands like Spazz, Romantic Gorilla or CB. 

Maybe I'm not even talking about powerviolence but more of that east bay hardcore that was running parallel to that scene.
Right, right, like the whole Ebullition/"No Fun Club" scene. Bands that had to sit and explain the political message of their songs for 25 minutes for the sole purpose of making themselves feel intelligent. It's a shame that this shit still happens. Not to see that Ebullition didn't have some incredible releases though(Fuel, Still Life, Portraits of Past, Orchid).
I grew up in Wisconsin, so we were really close to all of that Profane Existence crusty shit, which is even more corny.

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #250 on: June 19, 2016, 09:27:26 PM »
I don't mind political music to be honest, I've always listened to it though so maybe I'm biased?
It defs has it's place and at the time that los crudos/ spitboy split was untouchable so I'm not going to hate on ebullition.
Spazz just made sense when the "scene" sometimes took itself too seriously and that's why I'll always love them.
Speaking of Spazz, does anyone remember Plutocracy?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8z0GHoDAr8k
Also, isn't Max Ward like a professor now
http://www.middlebury.edu/academics/hist/faculty/node/285084

Grampa

« Reply #251 on: June 20, 2016, 04:24:14 PM »
I don't mind political music to be honest, I've always listened to it though so maybe I'm biased?
It defs has it's place and at the time that los crudos/ spitboy split was untouchable so I'm not going to hate on ebullition.
Spazz just made sense when the "scene" sometimes took itself too seriously and that's why I'll always love them.

Pretty sure I read an interview with him not too long ago talking about being a professor in the northeast. Unless I just imagined all of that. It makes sense because, you know, Scholastic Deth.

« Reply #252 on: June 20, 2016, 08:21:05 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Pretty sure I read an interview with him not too long ago talking about being a professor in the northeast. Unless I just imagined all of that. It makes sense because, you know, Scholastic Deth.

I'm admittedly not into the Spitboy side of that LP (no internal dialogue please, i'm just not fucking into it!), but the Crudos side is among the greatest recordings in the history of Hardcore.
Also, 625 shit's distributed through Ebullition, no need to picks sides.
Plutocracy, though some would call them Grind, aesthetically is a lot more what I personally associate powerviolence with (Excruciating Terror too, though they are definitely a Grind band). I love Spazz, but they lack the scummy, fucked up, mentally anguished quality of some of the other early bands. But fuck genres, right?
Also, if you haven't, listen to this fucking band (also more grind, but still):
Lords of Light - LP [2001]
I like their second LP better but it's not on Youtube.

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #253 on: June 23, 2016, 06:37:01 PM »
I'm admittedly not into the Spitboy side of that LP (no internal dialogue please, i'm just not fucking into it!), but the Crudos side is among the greatest recordings in the history of Hardcore.
Plutocracy, though some would call them Grind, aesthetically is a lot more what I personally associate powerviolence with (Excruciating Terror too, though they are definitely a Grind band). I love Spazz, but they lack the scummy, fucked up, mentally anguished quality of some of the other early bands. But fuck genres, right?
That's the thing with spilts though; you'll always pick a side! And yes, the Crudos side wins out for me every time too!
Hahaha good old 625, there was a time when I wanted everything released on that label and while they did have some fine releases, there was also a lot of shit that I didn't "get" ... I guess Max had lots of friends in bands though back in the day so he was supporting his crew.
Yeah, plutocracy ain't powerviolence by any means but they have that crusty fucked up vibe that just makes you wonder how these people even survived from day to day. Will check out your link during my lunch break.

Gunna completely change topic here (although I'm still happy to talk about poweviolence and Spazz) or maybe not completely but let's post some of our fav splits. Personally I always love the format (especially on vinyl) and thought it was a great way to get into new bands that you'd never heard of. Two great ones for me are:
I Spy - Guide to Excruciatingly Correct Behaviour (split with Propagandhi)
split with
Propagandhi - I'd Rather Be Flag-Burning (Part 1/2) with lyrics
Now here's one where I can't decide what side I like better. Since this is the "hardcore" thread (and propagandhi were more poppy at the time, though not really so much on this record) let's go with ISPY side. Does anyone else out there absolutely worship this band? Fucking so heavy and yet so melodic at the same time.
Like skating, this is one record that literally changed my whole life/ way of thinking and it's something I can still listen to in 2016 and think FUCK YES! Bonus points for being put out by recess records too (cuz todd congelliere is the boss and a great skater).

Subversion / Spazz Split Full Album (1995)
I think a few of you out there are really gong to love this one (also my first introduction to Spazz). Subversion were a band from Sydney that scared the shit out of me and my friends at the time (I mean our favourite bands back then were Dks, Decendents and Propagnadhi so that's probably why) because they were these dark crusty "old" guys that played like maniacs. I think they only released this and a 7"so this is a great piece of Aussie hardcore history. Subversion definitely opened the doors to lot more harder/ darker bands for me at the time (there's an ENT cover on there too) and I distinctly remember my non punk/ HxCx skater friends hearing Spazz and looking at me like, "dafuq? you actually listen to this stuff?"

« Reply #254 on: June 24, 2016, 07:07:58 PM »
There was a record on 625 (I can't remember which) that is nothing. Literally, nothing. It plays through with no sound intentionally. Me and a friend of mine thought that was the most brilliant shit when we first heard it (now, not so much).

Never got too into Propagandi. i liked their record "Less Talk More Rock" but everything that I had heard before it was a bit too NoFX-y, and everything after was a bit too preachy (their covers of "Hard Times" by Cro-Mags and "Technocracy" by Corrosion of Conformity were also pretty fucking tight). Never heard I-Spy.

Subversion was sick. No one ever talks about them here. Pretty much the only Australian band I ever hear about here is Rupture. Might have something to do with the fact they have like 537 records (a couple of which released by acquaintances in Madison) vs. Subversion's 3. Good call though. Speaking of splits/Australia, some friends of mine put out a split w/ Internal Rot from Melbourne (on 625, no less), check it out if Grind's your bag. (https://mellow-harsher.bandcamp.com/album/internal-rot-split)
I usually hate splits (for the very reason you described) but the best ever (super fucking obvious):
Faith Void Split (1982) (full album)

Glue Reed

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #255 on: June 25, 2016, 12:24:03 PM »
not sure if you guys have seen this but just finally sat down to watch

ITALIAN PUNK HARDCORE 1980-1989 | Il Film | The Movie [COMPLETE]

« Reply #256 on: June 25, 2016, 09:29:56 PM »
not sure if you guys have seen this but just finally sat down to watch

ITALIAN PUNK HARDCORE 1980-1989 | Il Film | The Movie [COMPLETE]
Didn't know this existed, on the "To Watch" list.

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #257 on: June 27, 2016, 10:37:18 PM »
There was a record on 625 (I can't remember which) that is nothing. Literally, nothing. It plays through with no sound intentionally. Me and a friend of mine thought that was the most brilliant shit when we first heard it (now, not so much).
LOL and all the thrash til death hipsters would have bought it too :D pretty cool idea

Never got too into Propagandi. i liked their record "Less Talk More Rock" but everything that I had heard before it was a bit too NoFX-y, and everything after was a bit too preachy (their covers of "Hard Times" by Cro-Mags and "Technocracy" by Corrosion of Conformity were also pretty fucking tight). Never heard I-Spy.
Fair enough, they are either you-love-em-or-you-hate-em type of band (I'm in the former camp) but todays empires, and most of their records after that, are more hardcore/ thrash inspired than they are by NOFX clones.
ISPY are WORTHY man! Fun fact: todd (the volcalist/ guitarist in ISPY) now plays bass in propagandhi hence the change in sound. Give them a try though, 'revenge of the little shits' is a great 10" (again on Recess)
It's all here in one great package though:
I-Spy - Perversity Is Spreading... It's About Time!!! (Full Album)

Subversion was sick. No one ever talks about them here. Pretty much the only Australian band I ever hear about here is Rupture. Might have something to do with the fact they have like 537 records (a couple of which released by acquaintances in Madison) vs. Subversion's 3. Good call though. Speaking of splits/Australia, some friends of mine put out a split w/ Internal Rot from Melbourne (on 625, no less), check it out if Grind's your bag.
Glad you know them. Rupture is like everyone's go to but I don't think they are that great in the scheme of things. Lots of better Aussie bands out there imho. Never heard of either of those grind bands but do you know AOA (Agents of Abhorrence)? I mean everyone loves bands like bloodduster but personally AOA is more up my alley (one the members also plays in a cool indie band called 'my disco' if you're into that sort of stuff too?) AND their latest is out on 625 .... gawd is this like some recurring  theme in these last 2 pages?
I only have their demo and a 9" from way back when but any band that has a song named "Bow to Felafel" is okay in my book ;)
« Last Edit: June 27, 2016, 10:49:16 PM by Gay Imp Sausage Metal »

« Reply #258 on: June 28, 2016, 05:30:34 PM »
Glad you know them. Rupture is like everyone's go to but I don't think they are that great in the scheme of things. Lots of better Aussie bands out there imho. Never heard of either of those grind bands but do you know AOA (Agents of Abhorrence)? I mean everyone loves bands like bloodduster but personally AOA is more up my alley (one the members also plays in a cool indie band called 'my disco' if you're into that sort of stuff too?) AND their latest is out on 625 .... gawd is this like some recurring  theme in these last 2 pages?
I only have their demo and a 9" from way back when but any band that has a song named "Bow to Felafel" is okay in my book ;)
Agents of Abhorrence are rad. Their drummer plays in the band Internal Rot I mentioned. That "Covert Lobotomy" "9 and their splits w/ Extortion (another Australian band that gets a bit too hyped, in my opinion) and Iron Lung are great. Lots of sick Grind in Australia. Obviously Blood Duster, Warsore had some cool shit, Ebolie, Headless Death, Doubled Over, etc. etc.

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #259 on: June 28, 2016, 08:11:52 PM »
Agents of Abhorrence are rad. Their drummer plays in the band Internal Rot I mentioned. That "Covert Lobotomy" "9 and their splits w/ Extortion (another Australian band that gets a bit too hyped, in my opinion) and Iron Lung are great. Lots of sick Grind in Australia. Obviously Blood Duster, Warsore had some cool shit, Ebolie, Headless Death, Doubled Over, etc. etc.

You sure know your shit mate! Covert Lobotomy got lots of time on the turntable when it first came out.
Have you ever heard of the Pure Evil Trio? Great Sydney band, not strict grind but fucked up (and I can hear the powerviolence influence in a lot their tracks). Fav Aussie band though is the almighty Conation!!!

« Reply #260 on: June 29, 2016, 02:33:08 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

You sure know your shit mate! Covert Lobotomy got lots of time on the turntable when it first came out.
Have you ever heard of the Pure Evil Trio? Great Sydney band, not strict grind but fucked up (and I can hear the powerviolence influence in a lot their tracks). Fav Aussie band though is the almighty Conation!!!
Never heard of Pure Evil Trio, but oddly enough, just saw a Conation live video from some fest on some blog. Perhaps that's a sign.

Also just heard Los Crudos is playing here next month. Super stoked. Martin is one of the raddest dudes ever.
« Last Edit: June 29, 2016, 05:22:01 PM by IcanthelpitImfromMilwaukee »

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #261 on: June 29, 2016, 05:33:42 PM »
Never heard of Pure Evil Trio, but oddly enough, just saw a Conation live video from some fest on some blog. Perhaps that's a sign.
Pure Evil are one of those bands that have basically nothing on youtube. I distinctly remember them being very anti-myspace back in the early naughts too. If you can find a download of this https://pureevil.bandcamp.com/album/this-is-our-music give it a go! MITB influences creeping in there too with some of the electronic stuff, either way though I reckon you'd dig them.
Conation are both brutal (gawd I hate that word) and melodic at the same time. In their later works they even had a violinist. You probably thinking wtf? but it totally works with them and their colonial themes etc. 'Dichotomy of Earth and Human Race' would probably be a good start but I really like 'Troubled Waters And Fortresses' too (although perhaps it's not the best way to get into the band if your strictly into HxCx). Lead singer Jamie Hay is/ was an awesome skater and now plays solo acoustic sets (as well as being in a slew of other bands). Youtube them or download some of their earlier stuff and let me know what you think. It's sad that when Australian hardcore is mentioned overseas this band is largely ignored :'(

« Reply #262 on: July 01, 2016, 08:47:45 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
Pure Evil are one of those bands that have basically nothing on youtube. I distinctly remember them being very anti-myspace back in the early naughts too. If you can find a download of this https://pureevil.bandcamp.com/album/this-is-our-music give it a go! MITB influences creeping in there too with some of the electronic stuff, either way though I reckon you'd dig them.
Conation are both brutal (gawd I hate that word) and melodic at the same time. In their later works they even had a violinist. You probably thinking wtf? but it totally works with them and their colonial themes etc. 'Dichotomy of Earth and Human Race' would probably be a good start but I really like 'Troubled Waters And Fortresses' too (although perhaps it's not the best way to get into the band if your strictly into HxCx). Lead singer Jamie Hay is/ was an awesome skater and now plays solo acoustic sets (as well as being in a slew of other bands). Youtube them or download some of their earlier stuff and let me know what you think. It's sad that when Australian hardcore is mentioned overseas this band is largely ignored :'(
Checked out "Dichotomy of Earth and the Human Race." Reminded me of Portraits of Past, but with a bit of early '00s Metalcore influence (The Hope Conspiracy comes to mind), which is pretty expected considering when it came out. Pretty cool, but honestly, I'd probably be into the weirder stuff you mentioned. I'll keep a look out for it online, which is much harder than it once was. Sucks that most of the blogs got gutted.
Speaking of, this one is a fucking goldmine and i'm happy to see it's still going. Cool live/outtake stuff as well. Kind of odd a lot of the newer stuff posted on there is bands I know personally, but if you go back a ways there's some pretty obscure/awesome shit.

http://bloggedquartered.blogspot.com
« Last Edit: July 01, 2016, 08:53:47 PM by IcanthelpitImfromMilwaukee »

Huell Howser

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 248
« Reply #263 on: July 08, 2016, 04:34:26 PM »
going to see Poison the well(reunion show - hello 2004) lol, Strife, and this local band La bella tonight. going to be interesting

headtowall

• Rep: -13
« Reply #264 on: July 10, 2016, 09:08:17 AM »
going to see Poison the well(reunion show - hello 2004) lol, Strife, and this local band La bella tonight. going to be interesting
caught them a few months ago, it was fun, tons of newer stuff, which isnt my bag, but def cool

Huell Howser

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 248
« Reply #265 on: July 12, 2016, 08:19:18 AM »
yeah unfortunately it was mostly newer stuff and I'm really only familiar with some songs off opposite of december. Most of the new stuff sounded like str8 up deftones worship, was weird haha. Still was a fun time. Strife still didn't do much for me. very boring but then again I have never been too into the straight forward youth crew jock-esque type of hardcore  ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Grind King Rims

« Reply #266 on: July 12, 2016, 09:53:35 AM »
Is the guitarist from Poison the Well still playing in Sleigh Bells?

headtowall

• Rep: -13
« Reply #267 on: July 12, 2016, 11:48:30 AM »
Is the guitarist from Poison the Well still playing in Sleigh Bells?
he doesnt play with PTW anymore, but he came out for a song when they played Brooklyn

Sk.A.T.A.N

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 694
  • aka Sk.A.N.Y.E.
« Reply #268 on: July 13, 2016, 06:27:29 AM »
I love PTW! Lucky you!

R.I.P RUSTY/FRIP

Frank

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1429
  • daddy bought you a pony
« Reply #269 on: July 24, 2016, 12:58:35 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

couldn't agree more, i personally don't care for the spitboy side too much either. crudos are playing in 10 days and i hope i'll make it to the show.

i might have posted a video in this thread, but needles is another sorrondeguy band that i think is pretty good.

ebullition bands were my shit back in the day aorund 2000. most cool ones were already broken up, i was about 3-4 years too young for that. i can't listen to portraits of past and such too much nowadays. i still like the instrumentation but i can't deal with yelping screamo vocals anymore, except with records by yaphet kotto or fourhundred years maybe... not a ebullition band but i always loved shotmaker. kind of like most ebullition bands but sludgy with those baselines that sound more like shellac or unwound and drums that sound like a bulldozer flattening everything in its way not very fast, but stoicly.

never could get into bands like ptw or from autumn to ashes... i remember they were liked by kids that listened to nu metal and discovering "screamo". i was in a shortlived band with a few other nyhc type kids and the nu emos were often made fun of. our drummer from back then actually went on to become lead vocalist in this metalcore band six reasons to kill that was fairly popular in germany...